• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top 5 would probably be like this:

1) Chrom
2) Roy
3) Lucina
4) Shiida
5) Lyn
/ Hector (I'd wish...)

Though Roy is indeed extremely irrelevant, he's also extremely popular and requested a lot. Also, a much easier addition as a Luigified Marth clone, if he even would come that far. As he could also be added in as a last minute Marth clone, which is why I rank him higher than say, Lucina, who is basically in the same boat (could and probably should also be a Marth clone).

I don't know about Micaiah honestly. I like her enough, even though she starts out really weak in Radiant Dawn and takes serious effort to make good. But I don't see a Mage character enter Smash as easily as a weapon character.

Lyn is up there on spot nr.5 cause she was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Shiida is ranked a bit higher cause of FE1/FE3/remakes are about as 'classic' as it can get Fire Emblem wise, and Pegasus Knights imo are a bit more iconic to the series than even Mages. Plus, the playstyle would be totally unique, and gives them a reason to do somewhat more with aerial battles besides adding in the infamous Ridley.
My top 5 would be:

1. Chrom
2. Micaiah
3. Roy
4. Shiida
5. Lyn

I agree with you on Lucina.

And there is already a mage type character in Smash Bros, she is called Zelda. Micaiah would be different from Zelda though.

D

Deleted member

But why though? There really isn't nothing against her that can;t be said about the others. She is basically in the top 5 to get a chance to get in.
There is nothing FOR her, either when the things people look into for FE characters are relevancy and popularity.
If relevancy was the key factor, Chrom would win.
If popularity was the key factor, Roy would win.

There is nothing FOR her, either when the things people look into for FE characters are relevancy and popularity.
If relevancy was the key factor, Chrom would win.
If popularity was the key factor, Roy would win.
Sure, but that doesn't count her out automatically. It is not like she is guaranteed or anything, because she is not, but neither are any of the characters at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's just that, basically, while none are confirmed, picture it as a ladder, where the top of the ladder is equal to chance of playability. Roy and Chrom, for example, are on the ladder. Marth and Ike are even higher on the ladder. Michaiah is about 10 feet below the ground that the ladder is standing on.

It's just that, basically, while none are confirmed, picture it as a ladder, where the top of the ladder is equal to chance of playability. Roy and Chrom, for example, are on the ladder. Marth and Ike are even higher on the ladder. Michaiah is about 10 feet below the ground that the ladder is standing on.
But why though? Why THAT low? I just don't see it being THAT low. Lower than Chrom? Yes. Lower than few others? Sure. Way at the bottom below people like Lethe, Leaf, Medeus, Mia, Sothe, etc? No. I think she is in the top 10 at least.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure 'possum is saying there's a huge gap in the ladder between Roy and Chrom and the rest.

EDIT: Wait never mind. That's not what he's saying.

I'll say a more believable version.

There are tier levels for FE characters.
Marth is at the very top.
Ike is one tier below him.
Roy and Chrom are a tier below Ike.
There is a huge gap
Below the gap is Lucina.
Then Micaiah and Lyn.
Then it all gets confusing from there, so I'll leave as is.

I'm pretty sure 'possum is saying there's a huge gap in the ladder between Roy and Chrom and the rest.

EDIT: Wait never mind. That's not what he's saying.

I'll say a more believable version.

There are tier levels for FE characters.
Marth is at the very top.
Ike is one tier below him.
Roy and Chrom are a tier below Ike.
There is a huge gap
Below the gap is Lucina.
Then Micaiah and Lyn.
Then it all gets confusing from there, so I'll leave as is.
That at least makes more sense, thanks

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Micaiah and Zelda would have similar fighting styles I feel yeah, but that doesn't make it less awkward for her to use physical moves. She literally is meant to keep out of physical contact with ANY kind of enemy in Radiant Dawn, so she could probably end up a little weaker than Zelda even.

What you COULD suggest however is a Micaiah / Sothe duo, with Awakening focusing so much on tag team fighting, I could see this work really well. Think of them as a Zelda / Sheik replacement (Zelda and IMPA are now stand-alone characters :awesome: ) with a Fire Emblem flair to them. I always liked the idea of having Sothe pre-Brawl, but it obviously never came to be.

Also, wasn't Sothe once confirmed as an AT at some point? Same with Pegasus Knights?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But why though? Why THAT low? I just don't see it being THAT low. Lower than Chrom? Yes. Lower than few others? Sure. Way at the bottom below people like Lethe, Leaf, Medeus, Mia, Sothe, etc? No. I think she is in the top 10 at least.
I never said she was below those characters. It was a hyperbole. Anyway, even then, being in the Top 10 Most Likely for a particular series is not at all an accomplishment. Let's just say she was number ten. Do you really think that we'd get ten more FE characters? Nope. We'd be lucky to get four characters (read as: not newcomers) for the series, and even then she has no shot when compared to Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom. Lucina would even come above her, especially if Sakurai started to do affirmative action, which he hasn't really done yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd love a Micaiah / Sothe tag team actually. Lots of possibilities with them, but not likely in the slightest. I'd see the Black Knight, Zelgius as more likely than them.

Micaiah and Zelda would have similar fighting styles I feel yeah, but that doesn't make it less awkward for her to use physical moves. She literally is meant to keep out of physical contact with ANY kind of enemy in Radiant Dawn, so she could probably end up a little weaker than Zelda even.

What you COULD suggest however is a Micaiah / Sothe duo, with Awakening focusing so much on tag team fighting, I could see this work really well. Think of them as a Zelda / Sheik replacement (Zelda and IMPA are now stand-alone characters :awesome: ) with a Fire Emblem flair to them. I always liked the idea of having Sothe pre-Brawl, but it obviously never came to be.

Also, wasn't Sothe once confirmed as an AT at some point? Same with Pegasus Knights?
Micaiah can do physical attacks, using staves, etc up close, but they don't do a whole lot of damage. That is the point and they would reflect that in Smash. You can go up close bt it doesn't do much damage. You will need to work on mastering the mid to long range attacks.

And a Sothe & Micaiah team like the Ice Climbers, or the Pokemon Trainer, would be cool.

I never said she was below those characters. It was a hyperbole. Anyway, even then, being in the Top 10 Most Likely for a particular series is not at all an accomplishment. Let's just say she was number ten. Do you really think that we'd get ten more FE characters? Nope. We'd be lucky to get four characters (read as: not newcomers) for the series, and even then she has no shot when compared to Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom. Lucina would even come above her, especially if Sakurai started to do affirmative action, which he hasn't really done yet.
I was saying it as more of her being one of the top choices, above the millions of others.

We would see 3, maybe 4, characters from Fire Emblem.

Marth is a guarantee and Chrom is highly likely. With characters like Micaiah, Sheeda, Lyn, Lucina, and Roy, I think Ike's spot is open.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But why if Ike is leagues above the others in terms of requests sans Roy?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even if Chrom has the same weapon, uses his Aether more like Marth's Dancing Blade, etc.? Plus, do you really think that Michaiah is more likely than Ike? Honestly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What Opossum said. If you look at Chrom in-game he uses the exact same weapon, has very similar animations (comparing to Smash), and his Aether is a multi-slash dashing attack (Dancing Blade?), as Marth.

Design wise, while Chrom was similar to Ike in concept art, his final design doesn't take from any one specific lord. Don't know why we're complaining about designs anyway, Chrom himself doesn't take from any one specific past lord (he does have some of Ike's ruggedness, however, like everyone has already noticed), either way we're going to get FE10 Ike which is even less similar to Chrom than FE9 Ike.

Even if Chrom has the same weapon, uses his Aether more like Marth's Dancing Blade, etc.? Plus, do you really think that Michaiah is more likely than Ike? Honestly.
No, I am just saying there are a bunch of characters that would face off for that 3rd spot, from Micaiah and Ike to Lyn and Sheeda.

@---: And that is the version Ike is if he stayd for SSB4

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing is, after Marth (who is a guarantee) and Ike, Roy, and Chrom, there is a huge huge dropoff in FE likelihood. Chances are there will be three FE spots in SSB4, which already gives us a surplus of one character. If, for some strange reason, Sakurai hypothetically gave five spots (which obviously won't happen) to FE, then perhaps Micaiah would be in contention for the fifth spot. Before that though, her chances are positively dwarfed by Ike, Roy, and Chrom.

She isn't as popular as Roy, she isn't as relevant as Chrom, (the characters who are in reality the ones likely to be facing of for the 3rd spot) she won't make it into SSB4. If you really do continue to hold out hope for her, prepare for disappointment.

The thing is, after Marth (who is a guarantee) and Ike, Roy, and Chrom, there is a huge huge dropoff in FE likelihood. Chances are there will be three FE spots in SSB4, which already gives us a surplus of one character. If, for some strange reason, Sakurai hypothetically gave five spots (which obviously won't happen) to FE, then perhaps Micaiah would be in contention for the fifth spot. Before that though, her chances are positively dwarfed by Ike, Roy, and Chrom.

She isn't as popular as Roy, she isn't as relevant as Chrom, (the characters who are in reality the ones likely to be facing of for the 3rd spot) she won't make it into SSB4. If you really do continue to hold out hope for her, prepare for disappointment.
I just think people shouldn't automatically count her out. She doesn't have the best chances but she does have some. Is there a chance she won't make it? Yes, but the same thing applies to Roy, Lyn, Sheeda, Lucina, etc.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just think people shouldn't automatically count her out. She doesn't have the best chances but she does have some. Is there a chance she won't make it? Yes, but the same thing applies to Roy, Lyn, Sheeda, Lucina, etc.
That's fair, we all have that one unrealistic character that we want to see. As you've already found out a lot of us here are very conservative with our predictions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The way I saw it was always:

Marth = semi light weight, fast attacks
Chrom = mid weight, medium speed attacks
Ike = semi heavy weight, slow speed and strong attacks

Chrom can easily be the bridge between Marth and Ike's styles for à more balanced character.

:phone:

The way I saw it was always:

Marth = semi light weight, fast attacks
Chrom = mid weight, medium speed attacks
Ike = semi heavy weight, slow speed and strong attacks

Chrom can easily be the bridge between Marth and Ike's styles for à more balanced character.

Ike is faster in Radiant Dawn than he was in Path of Radiance though, and that is the version they are bound to use if he stays.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's also a lot stronger, so that's not saying a lot. :rolleyes: Plus, his main focus is on his strenght. He also has higher strenght growths than speed growths in Radiant Dawn, unlike in Path of Radiance. His caps are also both 37 in Strenght and Speed in FE10, and in FE9 his Strenght caps at 26 only, while his Speed can be raised till 28.

His rough fighting style matches the 'slow but strong'-style he has in Smash. But he could use a few quicker moves, just for balance. Would like his Forward Tilt especially to be faster (come out faster and less lag).

What mainly could become intressting about these 3 exact characters, and this exact spread of how they should be balanced is that it works with the 'Weapon Triangle' system Fire Emblem is so famous for.

Marth has only acces to swords, the lightest yet weakest weapon, Ike has acces to swords but also axes, the heaviest and strongest weapon, and Chrom has acces to swords and lances, which are the medium weight / medium strenght weapons. If Ike and Chrom can have some moves involving axes and lances, and balance the characters out that Marth > Ike > Chrom > Marth ect., it's all in line with that Weapon Triangle, which represents Fire Emblem better than even Mages and Pegasus Knights.

He's also a lot stronger, so that's not saying a lot. :rolleyes: Plus, his main focus is on his strenght. He also has higher strenght growths than speed growths in Radiant Dawn, unlike in Path of Radiance. His caps are also both 37 in Strenght and Speed in FE10, and in FE9 his Strenght caps at 26 only, while his Speed can be raised till 28.

His rough fighting style matches the 'slow but strong'-style he has in Smash. But he could use a few quicker moves, just for balance. Would like his Forward Tilt especially to be faster (come out faster and less lag).

What mainly could become intressting about these 3 exact characters, and this exact spread of how they should be balanced is that it works with the 'Weapon Triangle' system Fire Emblem is so famous for.

Marth has only acces to swords, the lightest yet weakest weapon, Ike has acces to swords but also axes, the heaviest and strongest weapon, and Chrom has acces to swords and lances, which are the medium weight / medium strenght weapons. If Ike and Chrom can have some moves involving axes and lances, and balance the characters out that Marth > Ike > Chrom > Marth ect., it's all in line with that Weapon Triangle, which represents Fire Emblem better than even Mages and Pegasus Knights.
Could work but there are always other choices like Micaiah, Sheeda, Lyn, and Lucina as well.

Maybe a mix of on disc and DLC characters could get the roster to 4 or 5 (so Ike, Micaiah, Lyn, Chrom, & Marth altogether in the end).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't think that's very likely. At the very best, expect Fire Emblem characters to be version-exclusives. Say, Marth, Chrom and Lucina for the 3DS version, and Marth, Ike and Roy for the Wii U version.

Don't think that's very likely. At the very best, expect Fire Emblem characters to be version-exclusives. Say, Marth, Chrom and Lucina for the 3DS version, and Marth, Ike and Roy for the Wii U version.
Marth, Micaiah, and Ike for Wii U
Marth, Lucina, & Chrom for 3DS

:bee:

Have it your way I guess? :laugh:
Well Roy is a classic console character that only has a recent appearance as DLC in a HANDHELD game.

If the roster were different, he would have a better shot in the 3DS version.

On the other hand Marth is classic in console but recent in handheld. Ike and Micaiah are the console characters, while Lucina and Chrom are the handheld characters.

Edit: Thus we get 2 female reps.

A mage and one like Marth

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy could go any where, but I see him being more likely on the Wii U version as Melee was his debut. Besides, I don't think he'll be FULLY unique from Marth anyway, and because Lucina already could be very Marth-like, I'd prefer him on the Wii U version as to avoid 2 people fighting similary to Marth in the same game.

Roy could go any where, but I see him being more likely on the Wii U version as Melee was his debut. Besides, I don't think he'll be FULLY unique from Marth anyway, and because Lucina already could be very Marth-like, I'd prefer him on the Wii U version as to avoid 2 people fighting similary to Marth in the same game.
His latest appearances is handheld though.

And my Wii U roster is done to avoid similarities too :awesome:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 3DS and Wii U versions supposed to be the same game? Why would they have different rosters? Was it actually confirmed that there would be version-exclusive characters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 3DS and Wii U versions supposed to be the same game? Why would they have different rosters? Was it actually confirmed that there would be version-exclusive characters?
No, they haven't been confirmed, but it hasn't been confirmed there won't be version exclusives either. Most people think the rosters will probably be the same, but even if less likely, version exclusives are still a possibility (though there would probably only be one or two exclusive characters if any).

Either way, even though they are being developed in tandem, and might end up sharing the same name, there will be some differences between them, even if not in the roster. So while they might technically be classified as the "same game" (by virtue of having the same name), they won't be identical.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
No, they haven't been confirmed, but it hasn't been confirmed there won't be version exclusives either. Most people think the rosters will probably be the same, but even if less likely, version exclusives are still a possibility (though there would probably only be one or two exclusive characters if any).

Either way, even though they are being developed in tandem, and might end up sharing the same name, there will be some differences between them, even if not in the roster. So while they might technically be classified as the "same game" (by virtue of having the same name), they won't be identical.
Thanks for clearing that up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking over some of the artwork for the next game

I really like the design of this character

Now if someone supported something like THAT I could get around it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Battle Monk right? Meaning, an axe and staff weilder. Which is already a nice combination.

But yeah, might as well add in Mist and Elice after Liz. :rolleyes: (Ike and Marth's sisters respectively)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I haven't played the demo on my 3DS yet but man...I really like Chrom. That's just from watching a video of gameplay and part of the demo on youtube.

I'm fairly confident that, in the event that he is not included on the initial roster, he will be included as a DLC character (assuming there is DLC). Really liking him. I've never played a Fire Emblem game either. This may be my first.

D

Deleted member

I'm really starting to think that a way to make Chrom less like another Ike or a Marth/Ike hybrid is that they reference the dual attack system introduced in Awakening, and have Chrom and Lucina as a tag-team.
I mean, they are near the same in abilities and are often promoted together (Hell, even on the BOX ART).
They are also the two most popular characters of the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are we gonna take the heated Fire Emblem debates in here from now on?

Cause really, people seem to want to bust everyone´s head in when it comes to who will take the 3rd and possibly 4th character spot. Or if Ike should return yes or no.

Just gonna name what I feel is most likely, and why:

My roster would be a 4 character roster. This is mainly out of optimism though, and because Brawl was supposed to have Roy. It might as well become just 3, in which case, the last character on this list will imo be the least likely.

I choose:

Marth- No explanation needed. He´s the Hero King, the Star Lord, and is able to kick *** without pants on. The face of the series, and originally named after Mars, the God of War. Or whatever. Point is, he´s the character with the most appearances, and has been in EVERY Fire Emblem game that came after Brawl. Starring even 2 of them (FE12 not being released in US / EU though). Anyways, point is: you´d be a fool to think Marth would leave Smash. Perpare to get tippered again in SSB4. :marth:

Chrom- Star of FE: Awakening, which seems to be doing extremely well in Japan. Star of the first Fire Emblem for the 3DS, and he´s even a far descendant from Marth. People seem to like him, and he´s the character where the main focus is on all throughout FE13 it seems. Stars lots of cutscenes and all that goodness. While he´s also just ´another blue haired swordfighter´ he´d fit into Smash just greatly, and nobody quite made an issue out of having both Marth and Ike in Brawl. And if you did, youre just a little *****. Has the posibility to use lances as well, which would add a bit of regal flair to his playstyle. Could easily serve as an in between character of the grace of Marth, and the brutish ways of Ike. Middle of the road character, and a new face I´d bet my *** on to see in SSB4. Could even replace Ike, but that´d suck.

Ike- Third character, and a fan favorite of many. Ike was a favorite of mine to get into Brawl, and his moveset is very well done in Brawl. Almost all of his moves can be traced back to either Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, or Radiant Dawn. Except the Eruption... Anyways, he could use a few buffs for sure, but I don´t expect him out yet. Or at least, I hope not. He´s got quite the ammount of fans, and Intelligent Systems seem to like Ike a lot. Got a lot of mentoins in the new FE13 as well, and even has a descendant of himself running around with his old sword Ragnell. Ike is not the most recent lord, but with FE:RD being sitll a Wii title, I´d take the chance he´ll be back for some more brawling. Hopefully he´ll bring his father´s axe Urvan with him to further make him standout amongst Smash´s many swordfighters (he doesn´t give a **** about the weapon triangle mind you).

Roy- While I´d favor many others in his position, he´s still the one being playable in Melee before Ike and Chrom where even ´born´. FE6 marked the rivival of the series in Japan, and he´s became quite popular because of this and his Melee character. While not as unique perse as Ike and Chrom, he´d be an easy addition as a Luigified Marth clone. But his Sword of Seals would at least prove him to be a flashier looking fighter. After Mewtwo, easily the most requested character, as he pops even Ridley and K.Rool out of the water from fans drooling over him. Well, he did get all the ladies after all in FE6, so no surprise he´s popular. Smashers want their boy back, and Sakurai will probably do so. Was even considered for Brawl, so yeah... He´ll be lucky to make it, but I think he would make it back easily if we´d get 4 FE characters. Which is still a strecht, but whatever. The more the merrier right?

Runner ups include:

Lucina, Micaiah and Sothe and Lyn.

Now excuse me, I´m gonna prepare myself from the flames coming, cause in general on here, Fire Emblem fans get no sympathy.

rockmanmegaman

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who wants Lyn to still be in this =.=... She's kinda famous for being the first lord the US audience control..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom