• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Trigun references = awesome. That whole discussion the last few pages = not.

So I'm about halfway through PoR (stage three of Day Breaks), and I'm having trouble keeping everybody alive. I think part of it is sending lower-level characters through the reinforcements instead of going for all my high-level high-strength characters so that I can level the. It made me mad, too, because I was on the last turn of stage three and I was really really hoping that the enemies would go for anybody but Tormod, but they did, and he was just within their range and died (on the last turn :glare:), so I reloaded (again; lost Kieran and then Rhys during two attempts on stage 1, then I think I lost Rolf and Ilyana during two attempts on stage 2) and I'm trying to bring myself to go back in and finish the level more smartly.

The level in the Port (with the Black Knight) really screwed me over several times in a row until I understood how to do it, then I wisened up and everybody survived. The prison was equally hard, but eventually I just got tired and steamrolled right through the level without caring about being sneaky.

EDIT: Ike for SM4SH. Seriously, no cut.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Trigun references = awesome. That whole discussion the last few pages = not.

So I'm about halfway through PoR (stage three of Day Breaks), and I'm having trouble keeping everybody alive. I think part of it is sending lower-level characters through the reinforcements instead of going for all my high-level high-strength characters so that I can level the. It made me mad, too, because I was on the last turn of stage three and I was really really hoping that the enemies would go for anybody but Tormod, but they did, and he was just within their range and died (on the last turn :glare:), so I reloaded (again; lost Kieran and then Rhys during two attempts on stage 1, then I think I lost Rolf and Ilyana during two attempts on stage 2) and I'm trying to bring myself to go back in and finish the level more smartly.

The level in the Port (with the Black Knight) really screwed me over several times in a row until I understood how to do it, then I wisened up and everybody survived. The prison was equally hard, but eventually I just got tired and steamrolled right through the level without caring about being sneaky.

EDIT: Ike for SM4SH. Seriously, no cut.
Make sure your most defensive take the lead, Ike is of course not the most useful for the chapter as he isn't promoted, yet. Also, don't even use the underleveled units. If most of your main units aren't promoted, yet, I would recommend using Titania and also have Tibarn one of the "other" units just wreck everything, if you think it's too risky to move forward. Just play defensively, is my advice.

Hong

The Strongest
I've recently played Sonic Rush Adventure, The Wonderful 101, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. So of course we're not playing the same game.
Of course. You probably chose Maria, too.

You disgust me.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was only trying to justify that Roy wasn't a flavour of the month character. Not trying to make a huge deal or anything, but I guess it's one of those things that bothers me.

I think longevity is an important factor to consider as well -- to analyse and choose characters that aren't easily replaceable come the next installment. Characters that provide a positive impact, even years after release . I think Roy does have good longevity, as well as Chrom because of SMT x FE now. Don't know about FE14 though, anything could happen there.

Hong

The Strongest
I like Chrom more than the lords from FE2, FE4-8, and Micaiah. That is a nice standing.

That said, I intend to play through the Japanese version of Gaiden, since what I tried last time seemed like a shoddy translation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of course. You probably chose Maria, too.

You disgust me.
I usually stick to Richter Belmont, mainly because I usually go for the more traditional character as more of a challenge.

For similar reasons, it's why I pick Sonic over Tails or Knuckles, or Mega Man over Proto Man or Bass.

Hong

The Strongest
I usually stick to Richter Belmont, mainly because I usually go for the more traditional character as more of a challenge.

For similar reasons, it's why I pick Sonic over Tails or Knuckles, or Mega Man over Proto Man or Bass.
Basically.

Fun to clear Portrait of Ruin with Richter, too.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was only trying to justify that Roy wasn't a flavour of the month character. Not trying to make a huge deal or anything, but I guess it's one of those things that bothers me.

I think longevity is an important factor to consider as well -- to analyse and choose characters that aren't easily replaceable come the next installment. Characters that provide a positive impact, even years after release . I think Roy does have good longevity, as well as Chrom because of SMT x FE now. Don't know about FE14 though, anything could happen there.
I'm sorry that I got out of hand. My apologies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Playing as Maria itself takes every ounce of challenge out of Rondo of Blood. Freaking doves.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Playing as Maria itself takes every ounce of challenge out of Rondo of Blood.
The only disadvantage she has over Richter is that she receives more damage, but everything else about here is much better then Richter. She's faster, has the ability to double jump, her doves are faster and can be used twice in quick succession, and her sub-weapons are potent. It's understandable why she was nerfed in the Sega Saturn version of Castlevania: Sympathy of The Night.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm sorry that I got out of hand. My apologies.
Wha? You don't have to apologize, you were just stating your points. :laugh: Plus it's civilized. It's not one those "Grrr X character sucks who wants him in!! and [insert other aggressive rambling]" arguments.

And I do kinda like mini debating like this. Even if I disagree, as long as people's points are justified, in the end I'll just end up respecting their opinion. Y'know, it's one of those "agree to disagree" things.

Roy's not guaranteed. He has competition, like many other characters. What I'm really interested in is Ganondorf and Falco (and I guess Lucas and Wolf to an extent). If Sakurai tries to de-clone them even more by providing unique moves for them, changing up their gameplay (even if it isn't a huge difference), it might give me some hope that Roy may become unique (I'd still be happy if he's a Lucas/Wolf). Still, I'm a bit sceptical on Ganondorf and Falco though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wha? You don't have to apologize, you were just stating your points. :laugh: Plus it's civilized. It's not one those "Grrr X character sucks who wants him in!! and [insert other aggressive rambling]" arguments.

And I do kinda like mini debating like this. Even if I disagree, as long as people's points are justified, in the end I'll just end up respecting their opinion. Y'know, it's one of those "agree to disagree" things.

Roy's not guaranteed. He has competition, like many other characters. What I'm really interested in is Ganondorf and Falco (and I guess Lucas and Wolf to an extent). If Sakurai tries to de-clone them even more by providing unique moves for them, changing up their gameplay (even if it isn't a huge difference), it might give me some hope that Roy may become unique (I'd still be happy if he's a Lucas/Wolf). Still, I'm a bit sceptical on Ganondorf and Falco though.
It's always better to give an unnecessary apology than not give a necessary apology.

Yeah, Roy's still a very serious contender, I'm just not confident in his chances. At all.

Hong

The Strongest
^ Fake American. Obviously Canadian. Only we apologize so unnecessarily.
The only disadvantage she has over Richter is that she receives more damage, but everything else about here is much better then Richter. She's faster, has the ability to double jump, her doves are faster and can be used twice in quick succession, and her sub-weapons are potent. It's understandable why she was nerfed in the Sega Saturn version of Castlevania: Sympathy of The Night.
It's more about the experience overall.

Played the game through with Maria.
Played the game through with Richter.

Very different experiences, though Maria is of course the easier game. I recommend that people try both some time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What the heck happened here?
Can I just say this is the largest thread that stays on-topic nearly all the time?
Why were people hating on Walhart? He's epic and actually has character.
Why is anything but canon (Chrom x Sumia) even considered? I don't get it.
Tiki didn't have part of her shirt torn off, she just grew in it.
Anna and Tiki are in the same boat but Tiki gets a pass because she's a cool dragon that is story-relevant.
Nice Eirikia moveset, Hong.
Also hey wait aren't we off topic right now? What is this Castlevania doo doo?

Hong

The Strongest
We deny it because it is the least interesting pairing possible with some of the worst support conversations possible.

It doesn't even actually bother us that much, to my knowledge. I knew that Sumia was a troll account and I could play along with the shenanigans to start a party.
Didn't you hear? It turns out Koji Igarashi has been working in secret along with Nintendo for a Castlevania x Fire Emblem crossover.

An ominous castle appears in the land of Magvel, bringing about a wave of darkness unlike like anything they have seen. These fiends are far worse than even the minions they had fought previously. They are ill-suited for this new menace and face defeat after defeat. When all seems grim, heroes from the land of Valentia, who have fled their homeland in response to the very same threat, join forces with Eirika and her league for a final stand. During one battle with the fiends, they seemed outmatched and outnumbered, until a new hero joins the fight...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What the heck happened here?
Hong forgot to use condoms.
Can I just say this is the largest thread that stays on-topic nearly all the time?
****, I am not doing my job.
Why were people hating on Walhart? He's epic and actually has character.
Because his name sounds like Wal-Mart, which reminds me of my local Wal-Mart that tends to be abnormally out of stock and the quality of the food is mediocre.
Because that's boring. We need more crack pairings here, for example Sonic x Wonder Blue.
Tiki didn't have part of her shirt torn off, she just grew in it.
She's a dragon, if you're familiar with nature it wouldn't surprise me if she got into a fist fight or two to emphasize her dominance.
Anna and Tiki are in the same boat but Tiki gets a pass because she's a cool dragon that is story-relevant.
Also because dragon boobs.
Castlevania is always relevant.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's with the Castlevania talk?

New topic:
Chrom and Roy tag-team (or paired up) to please everyone.
#CHROY

Discuss. :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
What's with the Castlevania talk?

New topic:
Chrom and Roy tag-team (or paired up) to please everyone.
#CHROY

Discuss. :troll:
Great idea.

We can give Chrom a cannon that shoots miniature Roys to attack the enemy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I would like to announce that I gave up my fanfiction and am now actually writing a fantasy story in the vein of Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms. It has a decidedly FE feel to it right now.
I'm still going to support Marth x Zelda, just. . . not going to write about it.
I thought Chrom x Sumia was cute and wonderful, their supports were fine. If you would make that attack against her, @ Hong Hong , I would point out that you have a double-standard when it comes to Chrom x Avatar's bathroom shenanigans.

Hong

The Strongest
This made me laugh so hard.

@ Hong Hong , I would point out that you have a double-standard when it comes to Chrom x Avatar's bathroom shenanigans.
No. I don't. At least Chrom and Sumia have a great C support. All of the supports between Chrom and Robin are horrible.

Chrom x Robin is better not because of the support, but because of the supporting writing.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess Chrom x Sumia is canon after all. Eating all those pies could make even a man with a body like that into a fatty in short time.
Now I'm reminded of a picture of a fat Chrom being tied up and Sumia force feeding him with pies.

I constantly question the mentality of /feg/...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This made me laugh so hard.

So ****ing annoyed that in New Game + you couldn't save her, I thought "Oh, maybe it will be like with Pelleas in Radiant Dawn." BUT NO. NO REAL REWARD FOR NEW GAME +

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So ****ing annoyed that in New Game + you couldn't save her, I thought "Oh, maybe it will be like with Pelleas in Radiant Dawn." BUT NO. NO REAL REWARD FOR NEW GAME +
You know you still recruit her in the game... Plus Pelleas is late late game like Emmeryn so it really doesn't matter.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
What do people think about an Ike moveset with minor stance change elements, letting Ike switch between Ragnell and Urvan, with a possibility of Hand Axes for range?

Perhaps unlikely, but look at the overhaul Bowser got.

Edit: Hong's comic is best comic

Hong's opinions on Robin is something I will refrain from commenting on but accept as part of our new frandship.

Hong

The Strongest
What do people think about an Ike moveset with minor stance change elements, letting Ike switch between Ragnell and Urvan, with a possibility of Hand Axes for range?

Tell us how it impacts the game in way that makes you want to change between the two.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Don't see how this will fix the problems Ike has.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
You know you still recruit her in the game... Plus Pelleas is late late game like Emmeryn so it really doesn't matter.
Yeah, but it's dumb. I didn't want recruit her, I wanted her not to die. And Pelleas living actually changes the story, so I was hoping their might be some adjustments to the story had she survived in New Game +.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom