• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can wall jump up Final Destination's ledge

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just noticed this today; the lip on Final Destination is not dangerous at all for most characters who can wall jump. With every wall jumper except Wolf, Lucario, and Captain Falcon, just wall jumping from under the lip slides you up the lip onto the ledge. Wolf has to aim really carefully and hit high on the lip since his wall jump is so short though he could just up special (unsafe that close to the ledge but better than dying straight out). Captain Falcon's wall jump goes too far out and will miss the ledge, but he will be very close to back up and can do a b reversal (not that the position is really safe for him if someone is looking for a meteor). Lucario's wall jump is just too massive and he'll be pushed right over the ledge so you could try doing a back aerial on the way up or something. With Diddy, Sheik, Lucario, and Squirtle, be sure to wall jump and not wall cling; the wall cling has a very small area it can work down there and will probably get you killed if you go for it.

I don't have much to say about the other characters beyond the fact that Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop drags him right to the ledge when he does it down in that lip. I know a lot of people still have problems with this stage so I hope this observation will help them.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If it was known, where was it documented? I have no doubt that several people individually have noticed this before, but that doesn't mean that a topic about it wouldn't help some others. I also want you to tell me that you honestly knew about how those three characters had trouble with it in the specific ways mentioned and how every other one was reliable and had specifically checked for that before. Posting "it was already known!" isn't a useful reply to anything ever.

Anyway, I still moderate the Official Server, but it's not too popular anymore, unfortunately.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No **** Sherlock.
De de dee.
>_>

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It wasn't documented because it's common sense. Having a wall = walljumps
I think you just don't understand what I'm saying. The point is the wall jump slides you up the incline after you do it as opposed to you getting stuck. The fact that some wall jumpers don't do it quite right is a big clue in that it's not common sense though I'm sure from the first time you looked at the title screen you knew that Captain Falcon's wall jump went too far out to grab the ledge on a particular stage. Common sense, right?

Try figuring out what common sense is before telling someone that a claim is common sense. Either that or you just don't understand exactly what I'm saying which is hard to believe because I repeated it twice. I'll repeat it a third time extra redundantly so everyone can understand.

Doing a wall jump on the wall on Final Destination in the lip area moves you upward into the lip and your character slides along the slope and grabs the ledge unless your character is Wolf, Captain Falcon, or Lucario. You will grab the ledge. You will not move up past the ledge. You will not move out too far to the left or right and miss the ledge. You slide up the slope at a perfect angle. You do this by wall jumping around the lip in Final Destination. If you try with Wolf, you probably won't make it. Wolf has a very short wall jump. With Wolf you have to be careful to do it from high or will have to use his up special. Captain Falcon goes too far away from the stage due to his very horizontal wall jump. Captain Falcon is different from most characters on this stage. He does not slide up the slope and grab the ledge conveniently. Be sure to be ready to do a B reversal if you have to wall jump with him. Lucario has a very big wall jump. Lucario will go over the ledge. Be sure to be ready to do a back aerial or some other move to defend yourself; Lucario does not grab the ledge. To be clear, with the rest of the cast, when you wall jump, you slide up the slope and grab the ledge conveniently. You don't do what Wolf, Captain Falcon, and Lucario do, and this depends on the very specific properties of the wall jumps. Don't try to wall cling; you'll fail to grab it on the mostly uneven surfaces. I hope my documentation of the very specific properties of these wall jumps was helpful; most people don't seem to realize how they go at different angles and have different properties and how they can be applied in a real match on a common stage.

To the last poster, you do realize that you can't wall cling to most of that wall, right? Doing what you propose is a good way to die.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Everyone here who said "LOL I agree" is spamming.

I believe he's saying that you can grab the ledge out of a wall jump with any character that has a wall jump, except for Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Wolf.

Is this gamebreaking? No. But that still doesn't mean its TOTALLY without merit. I don't think this deserves the amount of hate its getting.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Everyone here who said "LOL I agree" is spamming.

I believe he's saying that you can grab the ledge out of a wall jump with any character that has a wall jump, except for Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Wolf.

Is this gamebreaking? No. But that still doesn't mean its TOTALLY without merit. I don't think this deserves the amount of hate its getting.
The title is like a first impression, and a title informing everyone of something known since the beginning can leave a bad impression.

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
I've used Sonic on this stage a lot, (just for fun) I don't main him at all or anything, I fell under the small side of the stage, but yeah I didn't know about that until I jumped up and saved myself.

Top Bottom