• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You all need to read this [RMT Related]

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, my computer is so laggy right now I've got to system restore. My RMT looks horrible for BT, I want to put up Pictures an reformat it asap. I just wanted to see what people though now. (The information is there, it's just messy)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Probably the most important part:

Playtesting

Before posting your team, make sure you actually play with it! As a community, nobody is remotely interested in rating a team that you made in five minutes. Raters look for teams that have been tested extensively so the obvious flaws within it are already remedied. If you playtest your team for a reasonable period of time, it's likely that you'll be able to discover what's wrong with it. From there, you can begin to experiment with various options you believe have the potential of improving your team. Once you reach the point where you can't figure out what to do, you should then seek the advice of others by posting a RMT. If you gravely need someone to do the aforementioned for you, you would be better off signing up for Battling 101 to learn the mechanics of team-building. Teams that have not been thoroughly tested aren't hard to spot out and are painstaking to deal with because the majority of them need an overhaul in order to become suitable for competitive play. Remember, we aren't here to rebuild your team—we're here to maximize its potential through recommendations.

If you're making a team for your DS use shoddy to playtest it.It will save you the time in breeding if it doesn't work out very well.

A_man13

Smash Master
Probably the most important part:

Playtesting

Before posting your team, make sure you actually play with it! As a community, nobody is remotely interested in rating a team that you made in five minutes. Raters look for teams that have been tested extensively so the obvious flaws within it are already remedied. If you playtest your team for a reasonable period of time, it's likely that you'll be able to discover what's wrong with it. From there, you can begin to experiment with various options you believe have the potential of improving your team. Once you reach the point where you can't figure out what to do, you should then seek the advice of others by posting a RMT. If you gravely need someone to do the aforementioned for you, you would be better off signing up for Battling 101 to learn the mechanics of team-building. Teams that have not been thoroughly tested aren't hard to spot out and are painstaking to deal with because the majority of them need an overhaul in order to become suitable for competitive play. Remember, we aren't here to rebuild your team—we're here to maximize its potential through recommendations.

If you're making a team for your DS use shoddy to playtest it.It will save you the time in breeding if it doesn't work out very well.
Agreed. You wouldn't take a piece of machinery to a repair shop if you haven't both tried it out to see what is wrong with it and done all you can to fix the problems that you can. Sure I may not be able to make a great team at all, but at least make sure you can solve the problems you can on your own and only leave a few bits and bobs to question.

Also, a huge agreement to that second piece. I know very well what it is like to spend weeks breeding a pokemon only to realize that it doesn't work in my team very well. :(

This should almost be stickied...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It should. Even for wifi it's very vital to test. I just posted BT teams, but they are BT teams I've tried before. They all work well.. I just wonder which would be best for the 100 climb (i get unlucky on ohkos)

My sandstorm/offense teams I spent a month on wifi before I bred a thing XD.

A_man13

Smash Master
It should. Even for wifi it's very vital to test. I just posted BT teams, but they are BT teams I've tried before. They all work well.. I just wonder which would be best for the 100 climb (i get unlucky on ohkos)

My sandstorm/offense teams I spent a month on wifi before I bred a thing XD.
I just bred, caught, and trained pokes I'd know I'd use (Scizor, Heatran, Tyranitar, Swampert, etc.) from my time at shoddy first and then went a lot more selective. But even then I only constantly use the TTar (after a re-breed for better IVs) and the pert. And lets not forget the X/X/X/31/31/31 Magmortar with HP ice 67 that I rarely use.

Shoddy tests are really the way to go.

D

Deleted member

I agree that Shoddy tests are the way to go.

Until they banned my Garchomp.

**** shoddy.

Top Bottom