• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's island is falcon's best stage (reasons inside)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
battlefield is said to be falcon's best stage (at least that's what I have heard)
but I have quite some reason to think otherwise, here are my reasons:

mockwaveland
Yoshi's island is THE place to mockwaveland. With the angles on the main platform one can mockwaveland from almost every place, wich can get jabs>grabs in and mindgameas offcourse

the platform
it's hard to approach projectile users as a falcon main, so a platform really helps with this.
and one can even mockwaveland on the patform

falcon kick>ledge cancel
the falcon kick ledge cancel can be performed on almost all stages, but the positioning for the FC>LC is SO much easier on yoshi's island.
I'll try to explain:

when one stands in the middle of the stage and the opponent stands on the ledge (like after a ledge attack) all you have to do for a guaranteed LC = make sure falcon's front foot
is in the middle of the middle area (there are alot of squares on Yoshi's island, I mean the middle of the middle square)
so if you place falcon's front foot on the middle of the middle square, and you hit the opponent with the end of the kick (sending them horizontally away from you) you ledge cancel. (this is done on an opponent falcon, positioning of the front foot may vary a little depending on the character, but not much)
and as the stage is kinda on the small side and has such an obvious center (the squares are a great indication of where you are on the stage) it is alot easier to get FC>LC's off on this stage.

Walljumps
as yoshi's island has like walls on the side of the stage, it is great to use walljumps to mindgame the opponent and surprise them with arials/specials

These are my reasons to think Yoshi's island is falcon's best stage

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
yoshi island
it is way harder to do the ledge hopped knee, it cancels if you try to do it. You can only use your utilt 1/4 of the time compared to bf. stage spiking does not work as well.

bf
this is a great place for projectile spammers and chain grabers. falcon plays at full potential here IMO. falcon can abuse you from under the platfoms with uair or utilt. if your opponet stands in the middle of the main platform then its easy to get in a sweetspotted knee. his combo ability is good here too.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah but I wouldn't necessarily counter to this stage..........I like it but there are far better levels for Falcon when he's facing against different characters. An example is diddy kong, it's wayyy better to take him to norfair than to YI

what your stating are the AT's that involve this stage, which doesn't apply to most match-ups, that's why I draw the conclusion that Falcon has no best stage, but he does have a best stage for every match-up

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Nice reasoning Ayaz, personally I believe most characters do not have one stage that always reigns supreme, each matchup needs to be looked at differently. Obvious exception to this is FD for Diddy, but even then, Diddy hates FD against spacies.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Nice reasoning Ayaz, personally I believe most characters do not have one stage that always reigns supreme, each matchup needs to be looked at differently. Obvious exception to this is FD for Diddy, but even then, Diddy hates FD against spacies.
Have you played a Falco on Jungle Japes? Or a MK on Luigi's Mansion?

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I agree mostly with Mr. Toknee, but the problem here is that YI is good for most everyone else too. I wouldnt counterpick it unless you know for a fact the other person is rubbish in it.

Also, on the subject of wave landing, I noticed to my dismay, that if a falcon attempts to waveland onto Halberd (when the main platform is detached and aloft), then he will more often than not clip the stage, going through it, and falling to an embarrassing / untimely demise.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
yes, I agree it depends on the matchup:)
but imo, YI is falcon's best stage overall

Top Bottom