• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi WiiU

Desh

Smash Ace
Hey guys, so i've got my hands on a full copy of sm4sh wiiu.
I can test and answer any questions ya'll have currently.

What I know thus far:

EVERYTHING we've found has been patched pretty much, with the exception of the eggshot jump. at the edge of platforms/edges.

No teleport, dash attack egg slides, no egg roll super jump, no down b super jump.

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Wow, that's insane...

edit: So we can expect to be playing a whole different game.

Last edited:

RoZu

Smash Rookie
Well Yoshi wasn't all about glitches did it? I actually rarely used any glitch on my battles and still Yoshi is a great character...

Last edited:

Desh

Smash Ace
Well the game in itself is more or less identical to smash 3ds. No mechanical changes. It's a LOT smoother (as one would've assumed) and it looks JHIERYFGIWEHFKJEKLFH SP GOOD VCD. There's really only been bug fixes it seems. Yoshi is still a bad ass freakin character.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
If they remove Wavebounce, i go back to Brawl...

It's less about Yoshi losing his already useles glitch arsenal, but more about other characters like Wario and his Momentum Change.

Desh

Smash Ace
Wave bounce is something that carried over from brawl? That may still be in - i'm not familiar with brawl so I cant speak certainly in regards to things carried over from it. There's a good chance those brawl things are still in it.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
What's the difference between wavebounce and B Reversal anyway?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well for Yoshi at least.
B-reversal basically pressing the B button (or whatever you set special too) then flicking the control stick in the opposite direction to do a B-reverse

Wavebounce is flicking the control opposite direction (left) while still holding right then egg tossing to fly away from the direction you were falling.

Tbh there rly is no difference for Yoshi's case, but Lucario for example if he tried a wavebounce, He'd still be facing the oppon...
Actually I dunno lemme do some crappy image or something for a better idea maybe?

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hey guys, so i've got my hands on a full copy of sm4sh wiiu.
I can test and answer any questions ya'll have currently.

What I know thus far:

EVERYTHING we've found has been patched pretty much, with the exception of the eggshot jump. at the edge of platforms/edges.

No teleport, dash attack egg slides, no egg roll super jump, no down b super jump.
Not Yoshi specific, but can you set C-stick to attack in this game? If so, does a diagonal input on the C-stick jab/nair? Thanks!

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
What the... I don't get it.
Sry, lets not continue with this.

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Wavebounce is just a b reverse and a turn around put together. So if you do it while moving forward, you'll start moving backwards while still facing forward.

Mind checking to see if we can roll cancel grab now?

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
But I never used the C-Stick to wavebounce.
I always reverse the Special and then reverse it again.

edit: and lel, I didn't know that I became a video library for this stuff. haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom