• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi vs Peach

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
3) Bad idea, egg roll is laggy. Pretty sure that she'll be moving early enough to hit you. And, you don't have a hitbox in mid-air, only on the ground.
Maybe it's just the way I use it, but I could've sworn even passing by their heads while making a recovery attempt bounces them up. I dunno. And there's a reason why that's #3 :p

Edit: After looking at it again today, yes, it only happens at the time it contacts the ground. It's almost instantaneous, so I mistaked it for hitting in the air. My bad n_n;

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
thedarkyoshi vs. Peached up Daisy

Yoshi vs. Peach. I have played this match too often w/my bro as peach. Sure I have mastered the egg throw by predicting where my opponent will go, but when i face him, he always seems to know where I'm going to throw my eggs. I barely hit him unlike other ppl. Anyway, he usually beats me, but thx to him, i mastered my egg throwing skills(that was before he found away to dodge all my eggs) and i have learned other tactics during a battle besides relying only on my eggs, now i beat him more regularly...:grin:

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just the way I use it, but I could've sworn even passing by their heads while making a recovery attempt bounces them up. I dunno. And there's a reason why that's #3 :p

Edit: After looking at it again today, yes, it only happens at the time it contacts the ground. It's almost instantaneous, so I mistaked it for hitting in the air. My bad n_n;
well egg roll may be laggy, it may be Yoshi's worse move, but, it technecally is his 3rd jump. This egg roll has saved me numurous times...

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
Get her to stop throwing turnips by throwing eggs at her, and then rdjc for the egg lay, if she's using that approach. It works pretty well actually. Most Peaches are used to being unbeatable in the air (except by Marth) so they are thrown way off when you lay down an egg lay on them.
I'm good at throwing eggs, mastered it!:chuckle: but my bro is equally as good w/throwing turnups. The only way i can get past them is to wave dash, catch them, run away or hit him before he can throw his picked turn up. every time i've thrown my eggs at his turnups, it's either been a stale mate(which means a waste of time. Nobody got hurt and it doesn't give any one an advatage) or I get hurt. It pointless to throw eggs at the turnups. Instead, aim for her.

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
**** that Dsmash is annoying, I almost got four stocked against the QANTM Peach the other day.
Then again Dsmash isn't as bad as needles and shine.
you'll only get comboed in a Dsmash if you are tilting the control stick down. instead try holding the shield. Usually it's 2 or 3 hits on the sheild when peach is using her DSmash before you are safe and can come out of your shell and smash her.

D

Deleted member

I'm good at throwing eggs, mastered it!:chuckle: but my bro is equally as good w/throwing turnups. The only way i can get past them is to wave dash, catch them, run away or hit him before he can throw his picked turn up. every time i've thrown my eggs at his turnups, it's either been a stale mate(which means a waste of time. Nobody got hurt and it doesn't give any one an advatage) or I get hurt. It pointless to throw eggs at the turnups. Instead, aim for her.
Agreed. IMO Eggz>turnips, but turnips are still faster than eggz. I like to catch a turnips, then use the turnip to either defend yourself or lure her into a false move and then egg her. Using their own weapon against them makes peaches think twice about using their turnips, which makes the battle a whole lot easier. BTW darkyoshi, why do u keep posting in every single topic. Trying to get ur post count up?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach's float game sucks to fight against. It is used to be unpunishable.

Best plan is to try get underneath her, and keep her above you to limit her options. This is the best situation to be in against Peach, so try to enforce it as much as possible.

If she float approaches a lot, an idea is to dash underneath and do a jump cancelled (read: running) upsmash. If she was spacing to where you were a second ago you won't have problems. Other tricks include jumping and using neutral B, as it has super range; jumping and using n-air to punish her f-air approach (if she doesn't use a turnip); RDJCing and using a f-air or something similar to punish a shielding Peach.

Be inventive and learn how to space in this matchup is the key. And get underneath her. She is inherently weak with people looking up her dress.

D

Deleted member

Peach's float game sucks to fight against. It is used to be unpunishable.

Best plan is to try get underneath her, and keep her above you to limit her options. This is the best situation to be in against Peach, so try to enforce it as much as possible.

If she float approaches a lot, an idea is to dash underneath and do a jump cancelled (read: running) upsmash. If she was spacing to where you were a second ago you won't have problems. Other tricks include jumping and using neutral B, as it has super range; jumping and using n-air to punish her f-air approach (if she doesn't use a turnip); RDJCing and using a f-air or something similar to punish a shielding Peach.

Be inventive and learn how to space in this matchup is the key. And get underneath her. She is inherently weak with people looking up her dress.
How can u get under them if they float right above the ground and float cancel. And how do u fight a nair approach, cuz Peachs nair is too good. :Yoshi:

Bloshi

Smash Ace
For nairs, space fair. It's actually better, but it's hard to space.

If she's approaching with a float at ground level, fsmash will beat everything (but after a few they'll definitely come to their senses and try and mindgame it out to catch you in the lag). A tricky bair approach might work if you can sneak it in in between the nairs/fairs, I don't know. As always neutral b will help still (it helps all over during this matchup) Just throwing ideas out. Maybe even dtilt, but you don't want to get caught in a CCed dsmash. Ouch!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
use your down b (while on the ground)sparingly but more often. they should float into it and land a hit

Bloshi

Smash Ace
That'll work about maybe twice, and not consecutively. Down-b is a killer surprise move, but it is VERY EASY to devolve into noob mode and overuse it. Watch out for that one.

D

Deleted member

That'll work about maybe twice, and not consecutively. Down-b is a killer surprise move, but it is VERY EASY to devolve into noob mode and overuse it. Watch out for that one.
Noob mode= uber pwnage. I like to use it consecutivly a few times, and then...die. Actually i dont really use down b unless i see an opening. Btw, if you guys are on big stages, do u runa way from peach, cuz that sounds effective in pising of the peach,

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: That just gives them time to pull turnips. I think applying effective pressure without 'chasing' is best.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Yes, it would be wise to be a fairs distance away.

Now that I think about it, running away might cause the Peach to approach stupidly in an attempt to keep up. Give it a try.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: **apologizes for the unnecessary spam**

**gets back on topic**

**makes obligatory "downsmash lol" comment**

What stages do you guys ban for this matchup?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, Dreamland 64, and Dreamland 64.

I think Peaches hate battlefield. FD is good too, or maybe I just like it.

D

Deleted member

I guess. lol old school fumis style is fun...but only in friendlys :0 I run away sometimes either for fun, or for excactly what bloshi said. They get impatient and rush in blindly while i laugh at them and sing! And then usually get owned. I would probably ban either DL64 or Yoshi's story.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hmmm, yeah, I don't see much Yoshi's Story action in this matchup.

I think Bloshi has a video there, but apart from that, I don't think I've seen or done too much of the matchup on that stage. What's it like?

D

Deleted member

:yoshi: Hmmm, yeah, I don't see much Yoshi's Story action in this matchup.

I think Bloshi has a video there, but apart from that, I don't think I've seen or done too much of the matchup on that stage. What's it like?
Its alot like DL 64, but probably a little easier for yoshi. I really dont have much experience there agaisnt peach either, but ive gone there a few times. Peach has a pretty good turnip game there. Its sometimes fun to spam eggs from the little cloud, u know the one with the smile that is on sort of a set path(though really hard to do). Getting below peach is key there, and it pretty easy with all the platforms. Also, note that u can drop straight from the side platforms and catch the ledge. Its probably one of Yoshis worse places to go up against peach in.

Edit:u guys like my new sig?

bigman40

Smash Master
My friend plays peach as a main. Most of the time I try to lure him into atking me by mostly WD backwards after looking like I am going to atk him. I constantly switch between grabing and fake atks to keep him guessing, and when that doesn't work I would either keep peach in the air, or dsmash or dtilt to keep him from using peaches dsmash.

Top Bottom