• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Video Links

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have Melee vids of Yoshi versus DK?
I've never seen a quality video where Yoshi WINS, since he gets gimped on his second jump by Giant Punch way too often.
And I agree that Fumi is beast with Yoshi.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This is a great thread.

Gonna take some time going through them all though.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Why do most Yoshi players play like crap?, Sorry for being rude and all but I'm wondering why most Yoshi players seem to have stopped or just doesn't really get that good at all..

The only player I look up to is Svampen, everyone else pretty much look the same(Execpt Fumi he/she is good too)
So I pretty much created my own style with Yoshi and I have to say.. It's pretty darn good.

Yoshi players start mindgaming, do fakeouts, create new stuff, be technical.. seriously.. Yoshi ain't that bad, he's a mad BEAST if you build up his speed and know what you're doing..

I'm glad that Sweden doesn't have any Yoshi players, because I got no one to copy.. That seems to be everyone elses problem.

Hope that this post motivated you to create new stuff and don't get stuck in the same pattern..
(This post is not meant to **** on Yoshi players or any player at all, I made this because I want people to play THEIR Yoshi not someone elses..)

STEP IT UP! (Sorry if this post is off topic, I just couldn't find a better place to put it)

rustedfencepost

Smash Apprentice
probobly because most yoshi players dont have enough time to practice because they have to go to bed :p lololol of course im joking. most yoshi's dont got a capture card and when someone puts a camara to the screen, people usually stop watch.........lols (bad grammar ftw)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
As nice as it sounds, learning everything without any help is pretty hard. There are many Yoshi techniques that are not easy to figure out on one's own. I watch good Yoshi vids for advice on how to do specific things, and to see what they are doing that I am not (gives me more options). The only problem with this, is that there are too few good Yoshi players (Fumi being the only one I know), meaning there is a lack of Yoshi vids.

Sorry for contradicting you Nizro, but look on the bright side: My response to your post made it related to the topic :p

Sharky

Smash Master
ok so I'm working on picking up melee again, and I'm splitting between Marth and Yoshi as mains. I didn't want to go yoshi on his CP's in this set though because he'd just go sheik, then he went sheik on my cp in the last match on FoD so yeah, I'm not dealing with that **** lol. Anyways, I have one vid, I know I was trying to be fancy too much and got ***** for it, haha. Enjoy, critique plz? =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPlLv-ezb8&feature=channel

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I think you could use a little bit more of control, seems you were making some technical errors and unintended double jumps, and definitely a lot more dtilt in particular, its too good against icies (dtilt to fair and you got nana). also work on ccing those jabs.

the fair to uptilt on first stock is good, but execution failed a bit.
shorthop dair I would avoid using too much, bair is much better.
move around a lot more, standing still is never good unless you have your opponent pressured or your going for a supershield.
work on reverse djc nairing to to dodge whiffed stuff and punish (like dash attacks).
ece could be a bit faster too ;)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Me being the mod. I saw in the OP that you were looking for 64 Yoshi vids as well... so who best to ask than 64 Yoshi players? :p

Anyways, I decided to go back to the melee character boards I used to visit often (that being GaW, Yoshi, Pichu), and saw that, so I relayed the message :)

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Hey Pakman I saw your video awesome match hey I gots a question what characters does yoshi mostly start to finish I wanna know so I can work on it. You know after that video and I mained Falco for like 7 years screw KFC eggs for breakfast is where its at.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
As nice as it sounds, learning everything without any help is pretty hard. There are many Yoshi techniques that are not easy to figure out on one's own. I watch good Yoshi vids for advice on how to do specific things, and to see what they are doing that I am not (gives me more options). The only problem with this, is that there are too few good Yoshi players (Fumi being the only one I know), meaning there is a lack of Yoshi vids.

Sorry for contradicting you Nizro, but look on the bright side: My response to your post made it related to the topic :p
I fully agree there that's what took me so long to get better and I've been playing melee since the beginning 24 hours a day and i didn't get better until I went to my first tournament at MLG st.Louis there in my first pool was darkrain I watched in horror as everyone in my pool got 4 stocked. At that time I mained zelda and I beat him the first match got 2 stocked the second and the last match we were both at 100% + in damage and I killed myself from too much speed. Even he said I was pretty strong for someone that doesn't play pro. So i'll say this just like Fumi I want to a pro yoshi but I know I can't do it alone. And yes I can boldly say I'm a pro lvl 2 but not where it needs to count. I took my defense can put it to the side for offense so I could learn how to start to finish now is the time to fuse both but only after I master yoshi because only a person with high enough defense and offense can bring out the best in yoshi.

All4G0dsGl0ry

Smash Cadet
why no vectorman vids? guy is super legit with the yosh. unless that's svampen, in which case, some new videos need to be added of him

Top Bottom