• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Flow Chart

Metatitan

Smash Master
So acey and I decided to make a flow chart, I made it and he peer edited it. We may update it later if we think of something else (remember this is supposed to be serious AND funny).

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
This... just made my day! Not sure how I even found myself on the yoshi boards? Just saw a ZSS flow chart today as well. Yoshi's wins imo :)

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm probably the only one that finds this ridiculously unfunny.

It's probably because I play SF and have seen more flowcharts than I care to count.

Also, you should edit out your image with the profanity. I can't let you keep that in there. I'll give you a day.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
^This. It would be a lot funnier if SWF hadn't recently experienced a huge surge of flowcharts.

To be brutally honest this isn't one of the better ones. Its flow is confusing; it's hard to see where things are supposed to go, the starting point isn't clear enough (in spite of the...whatever that is), and several of its threads end without any conclusion. It also tries too hard to be funny.

Some colour and perhaps a tasteful image (that is, one that isn't obnoxious, which a few in the SSBM Flowchart thread have opted for) would also make it much easier on the eyes.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The DR thing made me lol..

But this doesn't beat Gates's D3 Flowchart.

Metatitan

Smash Master
^
Nothing beats his flow chart. Remember that flow charts are supposed to be informational while having comedy to them. Also shiri my computer won't let me open the flow chart file for some reason, so I'm gonna wait until green ace can resend it to me before i can edit it.

auroreon

Smash Ace
lol, flowcharts.
Not a bad attempt but personaly I didn't find it very funny, the DR thing was decent but you should have had yes leading into a box with "Really?". Jab at Polt made me lol.
I don't really get it when you say yes to "Do they know how to fight a Yoshi?"... doesn't really seem to lead anywhere... maybe thats the joke.
Needs more serious and more lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Actually only a few parts were intended to be funny. It can't be as funny as Gate's because yoshi isn't as simple as ddd, ddd relies on 5 moves so a flow chart for him would end up being a lot easier/funnier(lol that isn't even a word).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
But... but... it sometimes works! :cry:

Seriously, it does. I even beat Seibrik in a tournament match by counting the number of jumps he had left and charged an up-angled f-smash. >.>

It's not like I do it every time, you know. It is just a mind game tactic that works more than it doesn't. :dizzy:

Funny chart, though. :laugh:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Actually only a few parts were intended to be funny. It can't be as funny as Gate's because yoshi isn't as simple as ddd, ddd relies on 5 moves so a flow chart for him would end up being a lot easier/funnier(lol that isn't even a word).
5 moves? That's giving him a little too much credit.

auroreon

Smash Ace
But... but... it sometimes works! :cry:

Seriously, it does. I even beat Seibrik in a tournament match by counting the number of jumps he had left and charged an up-angled f-smash. >.>

It's not like I do it every time, you know. It is just a mind game tactic that works more than it doesn't. :dizzy:

Funny chart, though. :laugh:
Charging smashes is ALWAYS fail. If they happen to get caught in it then the opponant you are facing shouldn't be much of a problem anyway. Sorry to say it but there is almost never a good reason to charge a smash.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't see what's wrong with charging smashes when someone is coming from above during recovery, though (and currently that's really all I charge it for). There is a little bit of landing lag whenever someone touches the ground, and since Yoshi rears his head back during his f-smash most attacks usually don't reach him (people tend to air-dodge most of the time for some reason), it is usually worthwhile to charge a smash attack. Sometimes I mess up my timing and get power-shielded, though. However, that is completely my own fault.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Charging smashes is ALWAYS fail. If they happen to get caught in it then the opponant you are facing shouldn't be much of a problem anyway. Sorry to say it but there is almost never a good reason to charge a smash.
Someone didn't watch the video of PRiDE facing and beating Atomsk through the use of a charged FSmash at the end. :)

auroreon

Smash Ace
Lol, still wasn't the right thing to do. Just because something works doesn't make it the right choice. You should always be aiming to make the best move in any given situation, if you make a move that wasn't the best option open to you and it happens to work for you that time it doesn't mean it was the right choice it means you got lucky.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
While you shouldn't just throw charged smashes out for the hell of it, there are applications for charged smashes, like baiting/punishing air/spot dodges.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lol, still wasn't the right thing to do. Just because something works doesn't make it the right choice. You should always be aiming to make the best move in any given situation, if you make a move that wasn't the best option open to you and it happens to work for you that time it doesn't mean it was the right choice it means you got lucky.
If it works, it was the right thing to do.

And what Silent Beast said.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
If it works, it was the right thing to do.
That's not always true.

The final fsmash that PRiDE got on Atomsk would go into the "Bad Process/Good Outcome" category. The charged fsmash was punishable, but Atomsk happened to space his bair poorly, so the fsmash connected.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Perfect chart, Silent Beast.

Heh, Poetic Justice... for some reason I can picture punishment like that falling into moves like Luigi's Shoryuken and Ike's f-smash. Ouch. XD

Metatitan

Smash Master
Meanwhile if anyone thinks they can do a funnier/better flow chart feel free to send me a link and I'll replace the current one with it.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, it still worked for him didn't it? >_>

If it works, even though you got a lucky break, it still worked.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Stop being stupid, it was a lucky shot and wouldn't work again.
Can't we have a normal discussion without you opening your mouth and insulting somebody?

I never said it would work every single time. I said, the FSmash, even though it was reckless and "dumb luck" and whatever else was in Silent Beast's chart, still worked. Lucky? Still ****ing worked stfu.

I never said use it over and over again LOLOL. No, you people are debating about the semantics whether certain moves are considered appropriate, just get out there and play the game.

PRiDE isn't stupid, I'm sure he knew what he was doing, and Atomsk just happened to space poorly and land in front of him.

STILL. WORKED. Of course a good Dedede like Atomsk wouldn't make the same mistake, but "dumb luck" "poetic justice" or not, PRiDE still won. That's all I'm trying to say.

Like any of you have these deep, complicated thought processes in the middle of a freaking match. >_>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've actually gotten some nice semi charged fsmashes off on landing opponents as well. No, it doesn't always work, but then again, you should not always be doing that anyways. It's true, that a good opponent will not fall for it again, but it can still work if you get the opponent in a spot where they have to make a tough choice.

Also, I liked the chart. I laughed at the DR thing. :laugh:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Can't we have a normal discussion without you opening your mouth and insulting somebody?

I never said it would work every single time. I said, the FSmash, even though it was reckless and "dumb luck" and whatever else was in Silent Beast's chart, still worked. Lucky? Still ****ing worked stfu.

I never said use it over and over again LOLOL. No, you people are debating about the semantics whether certain moves are considered appropriate, just get out there and play the game.

PRiDE isn't stupid, I'm sure he knew what he was doing, and Atomsk just happened to space poorly and land in front of him.

STILL. WORKED. Of course a good Dedede like Atomsk wouldn't make the same mistake, but "dumb luck" "poetic justice" or not, PRiDE still won. That's all I'm trying to say.

Like any of you have these deep, complicated thought processes in the middle of a freaking match. >_>
Sure, it worked. Looking back, I'm sure PRiDE's glad he charged that fsmash, since it won him the match. Had he instead opted for something safer in that situation, like, for example, ETSing away, maybe he ultimately loses the match. It's really just relative probabilities. If you go for a safer strategy (good process), you're more likely to succeed. If you go for a less safe strategy (bad process), you're more likely to fail. That doesn't mean that the safer strategy will always succeed or, as seen in the video, that the less safe strategy will always fail.

bigman40

Smash Master
Have you thought about how to make a comeback on a Snake (I'm in killing range). You're scenario is that he's in the air (he DJed) and you're fairly close to the edge, so your best chance to comeback would be to knock him off the stage and hope that he forgot that his DJ was used (you have to juggle him off w/o letting him touch the ground)? I did that in a recent match and I thought of that just barely before it happened.

Top Bottom