• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi: Final Smash - <Super Dragon>

skullkidd

Smash Ace
"For Yoshi's final smash, we actually stick a part from another character onto him. They are Pit's wings."

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yoshi's Final Smash is good and the music update was nice. Do you guys think Yoshi'll be invincible during his Final Smash?

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi is supposed to be a CUTE character, adding ferocious dragon wings makes no sense at all. Besides, these wings and the sparkles on them are more aesthetically pleasing.
EDIT: I think he will be invincible.

The Duck

Smash Champion
I like this Final Smash because it pays tribute to Yoshi's first game appearance. That stampede idea (which I'm asuming is from the opening of SSBM), however, had potential as a Final Smash, and although it hasn't made a confirmed appearance yet in this game, it could still appear somewhere...maybe as a hazard in another Yoshi stage, or even an obstacle in a one-player game (in an event match, if they were included, Subspace, or otherwise)...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Jesus, if you've never played through Super Mario World, then you don't deserve to play Smash Bros.

seriously though, download it to your wii right now, it's awesome and classic. oh make sure you have the classic controller, the GC sucks for SMW

Dragon Yoshi VS GigaBowser FTW

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Super Mario World was the first game I ever beat without a cheat device. True story.

I've been playing Nintendo games since the NES days. I think those of us who have been around that long have a better appreciation for the nostalgic aspect of Super Smash Bros. I can't wait to see what else these guys have up their sleeves.

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
I can see the scene:

yoshi being owned by pit's arrows, then he grabs tha smash ball an flies up high looking down at pit with a "whos the flyng pwnage now, eh?"-like face and then he burn him to death XDDD

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Can anyone identify who is getting burned in the 3rd screenshot?
I cant for he life of me tell who that is ;_;

EDIT: Lol nvm

psyt

Smash Journeyman
evry1 who questions the relavance of yoshi's wings is an idiot, go play ****ing yoshi game, like the original, for NES, it suks pretty hard, but its on virtual console and i think its best u go buy it if u dont get teh wings >.>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm so, so, so, SO glad it's not a Yoshi Stampede. Yoshi can handle things by himself, yo.

Nice update. The Smashville music wasn't that great though. I mean, I like the music updates, but as far as music updates go, I'd say this is one of the not-so-good ones.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Oh ok, that makes sense then. I was about to come in here and be like "wings, fire, wtf?" I've played Super Mario World, but that was sooo long ago I barely remember any of it. I remember little football player guys trying to charge at you, the cape, and yoshi eating little fruit off the bushes. That's about it. lol
Hah yea same here. A first I thought this final smash was just some random idea, but that wouldn't make sense for sakurai to do >.>

JSXE

Smash Rookie
Angel Wings and Fire Breath?

I didn't know Bowser and Pit could even MAKE a baby, never mind the fact it's a Yoshi o.O

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I loved SMW, Seeing as he has the blue and red powers, think he'll have yellow too? Touching ground hurts everyone?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to agree with you JSXE, I thought the same thing. If you're going to give someone wings, make them different than Pit's, like the rounded fluffy cloud-like ones, or maybe even ones that actually GO with dinosaur/dragon's, and like, the scaly reptilian type. (I know they're from SMW, but still)

As far as FS's go, this one is a little underwhelming, I mean, DK is invincible during his! Yoshi might be to, but it wasn't stated, so he may not be. It all depends on how much "damage over time" he could do.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
As i posted in another thread:

Actually Shritistrang is right, it is Link, in this enlarged picture you can see Link's Green skirt, and with pants, thye might look a bit greener but it must be the light effects, also you can see the boot there, and the eyeball-thing is not not a Toad head lol it might just be the fire.

I think this clears some doubts.
That was directed tot he guy asking who was behind the fire.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
This update is awesome since It makes me remember about my days playing SMW with my cousin and to see my Yoshi totally own with Firebreath,Wings and other Thing he had but I can't remember at this moment.

Also I never wanted the Stampede idea in the first place, So this is also another reason

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
I love this update since it takes my memories of my SNES days playing games like Earthbound and Super Mario World, Which is a very good game and like everyone else said get it right now since a great Mario game

Well in summary, Yoshi has a very classic and awesome Final Smash.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I loved SMW, Seeing as he has the blue and red powers, think he'll have yellow too? Touching ground hurts everyone?
I think they already sort of touched on that by having his hip drop shoot out those stars. I think that's why they made the trophy of him doing so a yellow Yoshi.

I'm going to have to agree with you JSXE, I thought the same thing. If you're going to give someone wings, make them different than Pit's, like the rounded fluffy cloud-like ones, or maybe even ones that actually GO with dinosaur/dragon's, and like, the scaly reptilian type. (I know they're from SMW, but still)
I think he used extravagant angel wings like these in his super shots in Mario Strikers. Part of what makes it so "Yoshi" to me is the fact that they don't match him at all. I think it would be actually less cool if they were more dragon-like wings.

As far as FS's go, this one is a little underwhelming, I mean, DK is invincible during his! Yoshi might be to, but it wasn't stated, so he may not be. It all depends on how much "damage over time" he could do.
This one was more exciting than Pit's, anyway, IMO.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I hope Yoshi's fire breath is accompanied by screeching dragon noises in contrast to his usual "infant squeeze toy" voice.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't use Yoshi very often, but if I do, I sport pink Yoshi, and as impressive as his final smash is, and how much I loved Super Mario World, I may have to make use of him every once in awhile!

And I'm sorry dude (can't remember your name), the very idea of a Yoshi stampede is the epitome of lame.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Part of what makes it so "Yoshi" to me is the fact that they don't match him at all. I think it would be actually less cool if they were more dragon-like wings.

This one was more exciting than Pit's, anyway, IMO.

Totally agree with you, definitely. They just wouldn't suit him if they looked like regular wings. These ones look like clip-ons, and that's perfect for Yoshi!
I wonder if he does ground-shaking damage when he hits the ground.. THAT would be genuine!

Edit: LNKD.. what the hell?

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I think he used extravagant angel wings like these in his super shots in Mario Strikers. Part of what makes it so "Yoshi" to me is the fact that they don't match him at all. I think it would be actually less cool if they were more dragon-like wings.
Quoted for truth.

In ancient lore, Dragons were actually the spawn of Hell, even comparable to demons, which explained thier fire breath: the opening of they're mouths would summon hellfire upon all the dragon's foes.*

But, modern day Dragons are far from anything you'd find from Hell. "Dragon Tales" stands as proof more than anything for this conversion to the light side for dragons. And Yoshi's utilization of "angel" wings, as opposed to the more classical "serpentine" ones, serves to further hint that the Super Dragon Yoshi (as the classical Green Yoshi was originally called) may have actually been a Heaven-sent ally to Mario and friends. And I love Yoshi as a charactor all the more for it, no matter how "clumsy" it makes him look. (I can hardly picture him with serpentine wings, and personally belive angel wings look far better on him, anyways.)

Though . . . that does leave the question of where he gets the fire from. Too many spicy foods, eh? ;)

(Also, I do belive the Yellow power from will also be implemented somehow, though I don't know how . . . stronger ground-pounds? Automatic ground-pounding upon touchdown?)

Yoshi has always been my favorite charactor (especially to play as) in the Mario games. I may just pick him up more often in Brawl, as well. His famous tounge may be made in to a Tether Recovery, for all we know! XD

(I'll have a pretty tough time choosing between him and Tails, my favorite charactor from the Sonic games, in "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games." )

* - In modern fantasy, the "hell-spawned" Dragon still exists, bit it's pretty much now called a Wyrm. YMMV between different realms of fantasy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dojo Link: Yoshi: Final Smash - <Super Dragon>

<Super Dragon>

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

W-wings!

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

Oh, to think it’s already over...
I'm really really not a Yoshi fan at all, but I do have to admit it, with this special, some tally marks for lameness have been erased.

Talendime

Smash Ace
And I love Yoshi as a charactor all the more for it, no matter how "clumsy" it makes him look. (I can hardly picture him with serpentine wings, and personally belive angel wings look far better on him, anyways.)

Though . . . that does leave the question of where he gets the fire from. Too many spicy foods, eh? ;)

(Also, I do belive the Yellow power from will also be implemented somehow, though I don't know how . . . stronger ground-pounds? Automatic ground-pounding upon touchdown?)
I think the idea is that Yoshi has the capabilities to do all these special things, and that the only thus-far known catalyst for them is the coloured Koopas who have some special ingredient in them that allows Yoshi to unveil his dormant powers, like when we drink Red Bull and get energy boosts. The Smash Ball is just everything combined, hence its rainbow-like colour. Yes?

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I can't believe people can't remember Yoshi's fire-breathing abilities. Whenever Yoshi would gulp an enemy (only certain ones), he would spit fire, this first appeared in Super Mario World.

Top Bottom