• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Dittos

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi doesn't have a single match-up that's worse than 70:30. To say that "he can't do it on his own" is harsh. Tell that to Bwett and ask him why he doesn't pick up a secondary for tournaments like Genesis when he has to go against a G&W like he did. And you still won't answer my question on whether you'd avoid a ditto match altogether in a tournament.
Actually, Bwett is playing Diddy more often these days...

:069:

D

Deleted member

Yosh...wtf are u asking lol.

Its a matchup, if you want help with it, i dont know what to say, im terrible at it.
If you want to know if dittos mean something, they mean who can win a yoshi ditto.
The end.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I just thought I'd stir up some harmless debate on a subject where I'm clearly divided against everyone else. I'll drop the issue though =P I know when I'm beat.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Eh... imo its one of the 39 matchups you need to learn... you aren't the best that you can be if you haven't tried to learn the matchup I guess. Still few people like them, even I try to avoid them when looking for (lolz wifi) ladder matches.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Tiers mean absolutely nothing.
You can beat any player by just simply:

1.) Being able to read them.
2.) Knowing how to handle your character.
3.) You don't necessarily HAVE to know your opponents character, but it's better if you do.
4.) Have a very good strategy. (This goes along with the first one.)

In the end, it really just comes down to how you counter your opponent's playstyle. Regardless of what character you're using or fighting against.

D

Deleted member

3.) You don't necessarily HAVE to know your opponents character, but it's better if you do.

In the end, it really just comes down to how you counter your opponent's playstyle. Regardless of what character you're using or fighting against.

Wrong. Thanks for outlining how to play though.
Wow im a ****

SOVAman

Smash Hero

Just stop posting

thanks

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Tiers don't matter when you're playing. The match up at hand matters. Tiers generally tell which characters are more likely to place high. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Tiers don't matter when you're playing. The match up at hand matters. Tiers generally tell which characters are more likely to place high. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
That's kind of what I was trying to say.
You just explained it better. :)

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
Your gonna have to know your opponent's character if your gonna be successful competitively. Personaly, I've never had a strategy that I've been able to stick to the entire match unless the other guy was just straight up horrible, because anyone even remotely good WILL adapt, especially to a character like Yoshi that has a limited competitive game.

One thing I will point out that goes in line with what I just said; To many Yoshi's here seem to stick with exact same strategy, their opponent's adapt, and instead of changing the strategy up, they keep at it. I'm guilty of this myself.
This might even be why the Zudenka guy was so successful, everyone expect's Yoshi to play a defensive style. Then one pop's up playing an over-aggresive style and end's up being more successful then 99% of us here. I think we should mix it up a bit more. Never adapt to your opponent's strategy, force him to adapt to your's but change it up on him before he get's the opportunity. Just an idea.

Top Bottom