• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi, a Recovery story.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm almost fine with Yoshi's recovery, the only thing I don't like is that he lose his double jump if he uses Side B in the air, which means Yoshi will almost always double jump before using it, making the recovery predictable sometimes.

Last edited:

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost fine with Yoshi's recovery, the only thing I don't like is that he lose his double jump if he uses Side B in the air, which means Yoshi will almost always double jump before using it, making the recovery predictable sometimes.
Do you think that's a bug or a feature? Either way it's annoying, but I understand the mentality of it considering all of the recovery side-bs in this game...

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's recovery is really solid. I tend to recover high if given the chance and use side b back and forth mixups to make landing hard to predict. I throw in the occasional down b to the ledge and I rarely get gimped. If have to recover low, I make sure to save that armor for the trade I'm bound to make.

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
Air dodging out of double jump leaves you defenceless for the first 3 frames because the double jump armour is gone and you aren't intangible yet, so dodge early or take the hit before dodging.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Well, Its been a few months since 3.00 came out and since i posted this forum page.
Thank you everyone for posting. There have been many great ideas for possibly improving yoshi's recovery and i have been glad to get everyone's input on the matter.

Looking at all the post I see that the general consensus is that Yoshi's recovery is fine.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Yoshi has his Eggroll as an extended recovery, he doesn't need anything more to his kit. He is ungimpable when played smart and he has an amazing grab game.

Top Bottom