• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yo ganon mains

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yo i decided brawl is ******** a long time ago and i made a pact with myself:

if i ever place below 3rd in a brawl singles tourney i will quit g&w and main ganondorf

so i got 5th at a tourney not too long ago and so the time has come for ganondorf

however

i know brawl is all about stupid *** strats like grab-release garbage and various dumb "semicombos"

so basically could I get a summary on USEFUL stuff that was found for ganon since release? the only **** i know really is like how down B cancels at the edge and that dair autocancels out of sh, stuff like that

i see a bunch of ganon guides but they're long as hell and contain a lot of silly useless info so

some starting points

1. is anything GUARENTEED out of sideB

2. what grab release **** should i know, what characters do I want to release and who do I want to throw

3. I saw some vid about a "tipman bounce combo" or some ****, is that **** useful AT ALL or just another silly strat, like do people get out of it? is that **** worth it

idk anything else i should know

Bil

Smash Ace
Guaranteed out of Forward B.

The D-Tilt:

1. Mario
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Kirby
4. Fox
5. Pikachu
6. Mr. Game and Watch
7. Luigi
8. Diddy
9. Zelda
10. Shiek
11. Pit
12. Meta Knight
13. Ivysuar
14. Charizard
15. Ike
16. Peach
17. Yoshi
18. Ice Climbers
19. King Dedede
20. Ness
21. Sonic
22. Toon Link
23. R.O.B.
24. Capt. Olimar
25. Capt. Falcon
26. Jigglypuff
27. Lucas

The F-Tilt:

1. Kirby
2. Pikachu
3. Mr. Game and Watch
4. Luigi
5. Diddy
6. Meta Knight
7. Ivysuar
8. Charizard
9. Ike
10. Yoshi
11. Ice Climbers
12. King Dedede
13. Toon Link
14. R.O.B.
15. Capt. Olimar
16. Jigglypuff

The Jab:

1. Donkey Kong
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Kirby
5. Mr. Game and Watch
6. Diddy
7. Pit
8. Meta Knight
9. Ivysuar
10. Charizard
11. Ike
12. Snake
13. Yoshi
14. Ice Climbers
15. King Dedede
16. Bowser
17. R.O.B.
18. Capt. Olimar
19. Jigglypuff

TP

Smash Master
You are one of the most obnoxious posters I have ever seen.

If you must know, bouncing combo is legit and guaranteed against heavy characters.

The Side B (aka Murder Choke) has guaranteed followups on the entire cast except Ganon himself and Lucario (I think). The most common one is Dtilt, though Jab, Ftilt, and Dash Attack also work on plenty of characters. This is one of the most important things a Ganon main should be on top of.

Tipman Uair is great for edge guarding.

Grab releases and throws are pratically irrelevant, Ganon is the worst grabber in the game. We have a release infinite on Wario. Dthrow is good for setting them up, though very little is guaranteed.

Don't call Swoops' guide silly.

Your sig scrolls slightly too fast.

I'm hungry.

It is 11:11 right now at my house.

Use Usmash because it has so little end lag.

I should probably finish this post soon.

On the other hand, an obnoxious post deserves an obnoxious reply.

Nobody else is going to help you, so I recommend you keep reading this post in case I make any more good points.

Utilt is surprisingly good at edge guarding. On the stage, its surprisingly quick ending makes it good for tricking the opponent.

Dash Attack is super fast.

Ganon can fly. Really.

While hanging on the ledge, drop and jump Uair to get them out of your face.

Only a complete ***** would have an exclamation mark in his username.

Cubs suck. Cards FTW!

That said, the Rams are an embarassment and the Bears are a team I actually like.

Counterpick Delfino.

Never Dsmash.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
You are one of the most obnoxious posters I have ever seen.

If you must know, bouncing combo is legit and guaranteed against heavy characters.

The Side B (aka Murder Choke) has guaranteed followups on the entire cast except Ganon himself and Lucario (I think). The most common one is Dtilt, though Jab, Ftilt, and Dash Attack also work on plenty of characters. This is one of the most important things a Ganon main should be on top of.

Tipman Uair is great for edge guarding.

Grab releases and throws are pratically irrelevant, Ganon is the worst grabber in the game. We have a release infinite on Wario. Dthrow is good for setting them up, though very little is guaranteed.

Don't call Swoops' guide silly.

Your sig scrolls slightly too fast.

I'm hungry.

It is 11:11 right now at my house.

Use Usmash because it has so little end lag.

I should probably finish this post soon.

On the other hand, an obnoxious post deserves an obnoxious reply.

Nobody else is going to help you, so I recommend you keep reading this post in case I make any more good points.

Utilt is surprisingly good at edge guarding. On the stage, its surprisingly quick ending makes it good for tricking the opponent.

Dash Attack is super fast.

Ganon can fly. Really.

While hanging on the ledge, drop and jump Uair to get them out of your face.

Cubs suck. Cards FTW!

That said, the Rams are an embarassment and the Bears are a team I actually like.

Counterpick Delfino.

Never Dsmash.
good ****ing **** dude hell yeah this is the post i was looking for. :bee:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Blargh, just read the **** guides. They will help you more than anything. You have to be smart in order to play Ganon.

1. is anything GUARENTEED out of sideB
Yes. Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, and Dash attack are guaranteed. But only in the right matchups.

In general, the big characters can only be Jabbed. The mid characters can only be D-tilted. The really small guys are the ones you can land anything on.

Read the guides and you'll find a list of follow ups.

2. what grab release **** should i know, what characters do I want to release and who do I want to throw
Don't bother with grab releases except on Wario. Wario you can probably Dash attack or chaingrab, but seriously, Ganon isn't meant to be about grab releases. His grab range is just too terrible.

In general, forward throw to deal damage. U-throw to juggle. D-throw if you think they will air dodge then punish. And B-throw at like 160% near the edge for KOs.

3. I saw some vid about a "tipman bounce combo" or some ****, is that **** useful AT ALL or just another silly strat, like do people get out of it? is that **** worth it
It's a silly strategy as far as I'm concerned.

idk anything else i should know
Learn to punish out of shield, do SH U-airs and D-airs a lot on stage, learn how to do the Ganon haxjump for epic lulz, and get really good at edgeguarding and faking people out with F-smashes.

Oh yeah, and Up-smash and U-tilt have crazy low ending lag.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ya, you said Swoops guide contained a bunch of "silly information" when in fact it's in the top 5 for character guides.................you sound like an idiot.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Have we not realized yet that the bouncing combo isn't guaranteed due to the fact that they have to "bounce" in order for you to do it. Most people will tech that.

...unless I'm just wrong about what I think the bouncing combo is.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Have we not realized yet that the bouncing combo isn't guaranteed due to the fact that they have to "bounce" in order for you to do it. Most people will tech that.

We realized that when we discovered the Boucing Combo. But if they miss the tech, they will regret it. If they tech, the Tipman will still hit them (and you can follow up with what your want).

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yo what did i say about swoops guidE? where you guys gettin this **** from lmao

so i guess swoops guide is the guide to read then and ignore the other ones?

btw if i grab wario ever is that a guarenteed kill, infinite grab to high% then ko?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii

Yea I don't know who keeps saying the bouncing combo is guaranteed. It's a nice option to have with some pretty **** good reward, but easily escapable.

yo what did i say about swoops guidE? where you guys gettin this **** from lmao

so i guess swoops guide is the guide to read then and ignore the other ones?

btw if i grab wario ever is that a guarenteed kill, infinite grab to high% then ko?
S'alright, it's just you said you saw a bunch of guides and that they were silly and useless, which they (and me a little bit) took as you insulting the stickied guide.

Everybody needs to slow y'alls rolls >.>.

Pretty much yea. From what I can tell he can slightly DI away from a standing grab, but if you move forward a bit and grab he can't do anything. Just be careful not to get too far under him. If he doesn't DI away you can regrab over and over, and then have a guaranteed grab release>angled up f-smash, f-air, stomp, u-air, f-tilt...

Dragmire

Smash Lord
cosmo why the **** didn't you ask me about ganon at FBT4? I played fukkin wolf falco lucario and infys GaW twice I know ganon

yeah as everyone says go to swoops guide to ganon

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Pretty much yea. From what I can tell he can slightly DI away from a standing grab, but if you move forward a bit and grab he can't do anything. Just be careful not to get too far under him. If he doesn't DI away you can regrab over and over, and then have a guaranteed grab release>angled up f-smash, f-air, stomp, u-air, f-tilt...
nice

cosmo why the **** didn't you ask me about ganon at FBT4? I played fukkin wolf falco lucario and infys GaW twice I know ganon

yeah as everyone says go to swoops guide to ganon
yo i didn't main ganon at that time, now i do

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Don't be so obnoxious when asking for help.

Do that when you're flaming noobs who neglect the stickies. lol...

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
"****" "****" "****"
(I'm COOL!)

i hope the ganon boards are disgusted with you in general.

you make a mockery of their character.
you're better of just not playing.

:034:

Smash Hero
Haha, cosmo. :D I remember you, you made that kickass Ganoncide on Delfino Plaza... Like one of the very first.

Cosmo can say whatever the hell he wants to say, frankly. I mean, I cuss all the time and degrade Ganondorf yet nobody complains about me... And Cos was here in the beginning too.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
tourney this weekend, I'm going all ganon in singles. i expect to do bad, but have fun, two things that usually don't happen. :)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
;__;

TenQueues

. . . nah, needs more content.

If the bouncing lock isn't guaranteed, then is it useable at all? You have to jump as soon as you land, so you only have a few moments to judge if they've teched or not. Seems like it's not worth it.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
It seems like it would be good against opponents who airdodge on their way down from being stomped. Like when you stomp Snake and your Dair isn't completely fresh. The hitbox would probably linger long enough to hit him the moment he lands. Then you could reverse buffer a d-tilt or something.

This is all late night speculation, but I think it could work. :-P

2fAke

Smash Rookie
In my experience, the jab is most reliable after a murder choke. The F and D tilts take good timing, and I'd rather use tech chasing on people who roll away or roll back then remurder someone who mashes the A button after being dropped. I use this strategy on Marths, Gonons and Lucarios.

Ike and a few others that Dtilt should work on sometimes escape that follow up, due to their tech and (I assume) not hitting the D tilt at the critical moment. If ganon, Bowser, 3D, or DK get up attacking frequently, I nail them with an F tilt. I don't play tourney calibur people though, so take what I say for what it is; a judgement layed down with limited experience.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Three things:

1. I hope a good ganon main is in that tournament to beat you
2. Learn how to Thunderstorm
3. Good luck

Conflict of interests :knockout:

Top Bottom