• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YES! Zelda is better!

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I just watched the new video with Zelda against Ike, and she looks SO much better. Her nair looks way more useful, Din's fire can be used at a closer range due to faster activation, her tilts and smashes look so much better, Nayru's love can be used on the offensive, and oh my god her kick! Kills at around 60%? HELLZ YEAH! I think she's gonna be one of my mains.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
yes her grabs are actually normal. her camel toe seems a lot harder to sweetspot but i will figure it out once i get the game.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
yes she is much better. din's fire is actually useable in a competitive setting (it's faster and bigger
and it has an invisible hit box) and all her attack are much better.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why her back throw got changed. It sends them up now? wtf?!
But I totally I agree with you. I can't wait to play my new buffed princess.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't get why her back throw got changed. It sends them up now? wtf?!
But I totally I agree with you. I can't wait to play my new buffed princess.
DI can change sending angles a good deal more than it could in Melee. This is why you're seeing stuff like Fthrows and Bthrows sending almost vertically.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
DI can change sending angles a good deal more than it could in Melee. This is why you're seeing stuff like Fthrows and Bthrows sending almost vertically.
yeah... the angle is actually just about the same.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
They made some improvements to Zelda, yes, but they also made it so that she takes a good deal more skill. Her primary means of killing are her non-neutral aerials, and all of these are harder to hit with than their melee version. She does have some powerful ground moves that can kill (Fsmash, Usmash, Utilt, Ftilt at medium-high %'s) and at 150ish%, you can Din's Fire people off of the top, but your under 100% kills are only going to come from Sweetspotted Lightning Kicks, Dair Sweetspot Spikes (THUNDER SPIKE!), or Uair starkills (faster than melee, but less horizontal range and a lot more knockback, but still difficult to use).

I think her main sticking point is going to be the lack of a "sex-kick" or other all-purpose aerial. Her directional aerials are all great (but difficult to use) finisher, and her neutral is an OK multi-hit, but there's nothing that can be used to rack up damage, combo, and knock the opponent a little off the stage, setting up for a kill. At least, aerial-wise.

This is going to make her a very skill-intensive character. If you're planning on maining her, plan on devoting a lot of time to getting her down correctly.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Eh, I was going to main her regardless of whether she sucked or was the best character in the game. But yes, most everything about her was buffed through the roof, then nerfed with usability issues (that can be resolved with practice). She's going to be one of the most awesome characters (hopefully), but that's going to take a lot of effort.

Can't have too many "Zelda pwns" threads btw XD

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about her bair, but her fair doesn't look like it needs a sweet spot. Her side B explodes more quickly. With that said, I think she is going to be more playable. I mean to the people who don't or didn't like her that much to begin with.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about her bair, but her fair doesn't look like it needs a sweet spot. Her side B explodes more quickly. With that said, I think she is going to be more playable. I mean to the people who don't or didn't like her that much to begin with.
On the contrary, all 3 of her Lightning Kicks have gotten buffed through the roof. In exchange, their sweetspots are tiny, and will take loads of practice to master the timing and spacing required to nail them.

She's much more playable. It just takes a lot more skill.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I only remember Zelda having 2 lightning kicks, the bair and fair. But if you said that she has 3 lightning kicks, then I will have to see more videos if I can find them.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I only remember Zelda having 2 lightning kicks, the bair and fair. But if you said that she has 3 lightning kicks, then I will have to see more videos if I can find them.
Dair is now a meteor smash, dealing around 16% (I think) when sweetspotted. BECAUSE it is a lightning kick, the sweetspot is tiny, so, ya, mucho practice required.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Forget improved....

She's probably one of the best characters in the freakin' game.

She ***** at a tournament I went to recently. Her Din's fire is way too good. ^_^
ONLY time will tell. Her Din's Fire can be easily air dodged (it requires pretty good mind games to be useful when spammed, or for your opponent to be tumbling), her smashes can be escaped with good DI, and her best attacks have insanely small sweetspots, which may cripple her vs. small targets. She's also light as a feather, with a very interruptible recovery.

She's got a lot going for her, but she's got a lot against her too.

Top Bottom