• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yeah I'm Playing pokemon!

-Ran

Smash Master
I randomly called people I knew what I was getting, and asked what their starter was. I then told them that I was counter picking them, and hung up the phone while laughing diabolically.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i got black

because im black

and i started out with tepig

and i named him

teh pig.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
white with tepig. All the cool cats are gettin tepig

I named him Wiz. As in, that ****er from diddy kong racing.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not interested, unfortunately. Haven't been after Gold/Silver.

But hey, I get exposed to it so much due to the people I hang around, it's almost as though I played it.

:awesome:

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
You should at least check this one out. They've mixed it up and put some life in it

Exdeath

Smash Master
Infinite-use TMs is probably the most unexpectedly hype change for me, personally.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I heard the story in the game is actually good from one of my friends. Can someone playing it confirm that?

Also, I still wouldn't play it cause most of the name and looks of the characters look like garbage imo.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I heard the story in the game is actually good from one of my friends. Can someone playing it confirm that?

Also, I still wouldn't play it cause most of the name and looks of the characters look like garbage imo.
wait wait wait, first off, the names have NEVER (SEEL!) been creative XD Don't start toting rose-colored glasses

But yeah, I actually enjoyed the storyline. As in, there is actually a followable, enjoyable story. Now I'm not gonna run around saying this game is the best thing since sliced bread, but it is certainly entertaining and well worth the cost.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Let me rephrase. Most of the names made some sense (take Raichu's name) in the previous versions. The newer names just look like complete random letters placed together to make up a name.

Exdeath

Smash Master
The story had a lot of potential to be an interestingly philosophical a la Megami Tensei, but they ended up choosing to go with the younger audience, as can be expected.

Let me rephrase. Most of the names made some sense (take Raichu's name) in the previous versions. The newer names just look like complete random letters placed together to make up a name.
Nothing is quite as random as Krokodile. :awesome:

P.S. Black/White easily has the worst/easiest Pokemon AI. When given the chance to attack or use a non-directly damaging move, they almost always go for the latter option, even when you have 1 HP left. Near the beginning I only had 1 HP on my last Pokemon vs. one of the rivals and the rival just used Leer three times in a row, which allowed me to win.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
The story had a lot of potential to be an interestingly philosophical a la Megami Tensei, but they ended up choosing to go with the younger audience, as can be expected.

Nothing is quite as random as Krokodile. :awesome:

P.S. Black/White easily has the worst/easiest Pokemon AI. When given the chance to attack or use a non-directly damaging move, they almost always go for the latter option, even when you have 1 HP left. Near the beginning I only had 1 HP on my last Pokemon vs. one of the rivals and the rival just used Leer three times in a row, which allowed me to win.
<_< They do that in literally every game but the first so that you don't lose your first fight.

The AI is basically the same as HeartGold/SoulSilver but with a few tweaks (such as not sand-attacking substitutes... which they still do on occasion...)

-Ran

Smash Master
Main annoyance I have is if you don't turn off your C-gear, when you close your lid, the game clock keeps on chugging along.

Exdeath

Smash Master
<_< They do that in literally every game but the first so that you don't lose your first fight.

The AI is basically the same as HeartGold/SoulSilver but with a few tweaks (such as not sand-attacking substitutes... which they still do on occasion...)
There's a difference between the first fight an half way through the game -- it's still happening.

Bianca starting off with Helping Hand...

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
I chose Snivey, named him tang. Just rang the bell, about to face the 6th gym.
Victini-31
Palpitoad-32
Darumaka-33
Scraggy-32
Zebstrika-32
Servine-32

....i'm kinda OCD about my team being balanced, level wise.
I've really enjoyed it so far, but yeah, the AI is worse than usual, and the story is interesting. I'm kinda trying to finish quick, so I can get on breeding and finish makig my team. Toxic/Sandstorm stall. Oh yes.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've Always run sandstorm, steels my favrite type. That, and gimmicky teams, like baton pass teams with LONG chains haha
Sandstorm teams have been among my favorite since RSE, but they've been buffing it every generation to the point where it's getting ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that there will be at least one banned sandstorm team this generation.

Top Bottom