• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Hard Yay to Magnus, I absolutely loved him and it's criminal that Sakurai made such a great character and barely gave him any screentime. Nay to everyone else.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Day 11's poll is up!

Today's Characters are:
  • Otus (Owlboy)
  • Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  • AiAi (Super Monkey Ball series)
  • Rusty Slugger
  • Joker (Shin Megami Tensei Persona series)
  • Ganon (Legend of Zelda series)
  • Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima)
  • Iris Archwell/Ella Mentree (Monster Manor)
  • Eight (Dragon Quest series)
  • Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
These are the ones I go yay for today;

- Wonder Red;

While I do not know much of the series, he is from a new franchise, which is of Nintendo. Do not care for the character much, this is only a soft-yay.

- AiAi;

While this is higly unlikely, I still think he is a cool character, and could bring a new unique ball style for the game I guess.
- Ganon;

If Link can double, and Zelda, why not Ganon?

- Funky Kong;

Only as his own character! I can not have it, Funky Kong standing like Donkey Kong and not on two feet? No way hozey! Plus, swinging a surfboard on other opponents would just be really funny.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day 10's poll link is broken btw, but I'd have voted Yay to Chrom and Lana probably if only because the Warriors series.

Day 11: Yay to Wonder Red, Funky Kong and Ganon. The latter two aren't anywhere near my first choice for their respective series, but I feel like both Zelda and DK need some newcomers.

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Yay to Wonder Red, nay to everybody else, personally speaking.

The other characters I see are either ones I don't know about, or are low on my want list (yes, even Funky Kong, because while he's my favorite DKC character, I would rather see King K. Rool first as a fighter and I'm worried that Funky would work too similarly to DK).

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yay to Wonder Red, Joker, and AiAi. I loved Persona 5 and Joker is voiced by the same guy who did the announcer for Smash 4. Never played Wonderful 101 but it'd be interesting to see it work, and Super Monkey Ball was my rage game as a kid.

Nay to Funky Kong and Ganon, but I'm indifferent to everyone else.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Otis: Nay
I don't like Owlboy.

Wonder Red: Yay
I haven't actually played Wonderful 101, but this is the closest we're ever gonna get to Viewtiful Joe in Smash.

AiAi: Soft Yay
I like Monkey Ball and it's definitely synonymous with Nintendo, but on the other hand I can't even imagine what his moveset would be.

Rusty Slugger: Nay
Shovelware.

Joker: Nay
I haven't played any Persona games yet (though it's on my list), so I don't have any attachment to the character. Plus, Persona has nothing to do with Nintendo. Just because it got one port doesn't mean it should be in Smash.

Ganon: Soft Yay
I'd rather just have regular Ganondorf decloned and give his old moveset to Black Shadow, but this is fine too.

Donbe and Hikari: Soft Nay
I don't really care about them.

Iris Archwell/Ella Mentree: Nay
Really? Spotpass game reps?

Eight: Soft Yay
Dragon quest deserves a rep imo.

Funky Kong: Infinite Yay
WOOOOOOOOOOO, FUNKY! My favorite DK character and someone who I think has a lot of potential for a good moveset. Plus, he's headlining the Switch port, so now he actually has a chance!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
So...

Yeah to Wonder Red, Ganon and Funky because why not?

Nanay to the rest :p

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The Day 12 Poll is up!

Today's Characters are:
  • Kyle Hyde (Kyle Hyde Saga)
  • Battletoads
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Lyndis (Fire Emblem series)
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
  • Pauline (Super Mario series)
  • Agnes Oblige (Bravely series)
  • Hades (Kid Icarus series)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Ray (Custom Robo series)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Crash, Ray, Dillon, and Geno. As far as assist trophies turned playable characters go, Ray and Dillon would be two that I'm the most interested in. Geno was my favourite of the new characters for Super Mario RPG, and I'd love to have an official crossover between Mario, Sonic, and Crash.

As much as I'd like to see Battletoads in Smash, they're a distant fifth or sixth as far as Rare/Microsoft properties go, so that's a nay as far as I'm concerned.

No idea who Kyle Hyde or Agnes are. A single appearance as an NPC in Mario Odyssey doesn't suddenly give Pauline anything to work with, and I feel like there are currently more than enough Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters in Smash; for the next game, I'd prefer it if they gave other series a chance to grow. (though I wouldn't say no to having Hades as a stage, making snarky remarks throughout the fight)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Dillon and Crash Bandicoot because they're just so high energy and entertaining, though I will admit I don't know Dillon that well.
Nay to everyone else, mostly out of sheer lack of knowledge or interest this time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yay to Crash, Lyn(good job you caught me just after I researched her for the Rate Their Chances thread), Dillon and Pauline. Yep, Pauline. The original damsel in distress. She's not my first, second, third or fourth choice for a Mario character but I am big on Mario newcomers...

...but not Geno. Not until he's implemented back into the series anyway.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Kyle Hyde: Nay
I remember this guy, he was the only animated statue in Smash Bros. Still, his series is pretty obscure and he'd have nothing to build a moveset off of.

Battletoads: Soft Nay
I don't really care, plus they're a 3rd party.

Geno: Hard Nay
He was only in one game, that game is 20 years old, there are a ton of Mario characters already in Smash, and there are a ton more who deserve to get in more. But the main reason is because I'm so tired of his annoying fanbase who have terrorized Smash Bros. discussions for over a decade, and I really do not want them to get their way.

Lyndis: Soft Yay
As much as I hate this series, and as much as I don't want any more of them getting into Smash, Lyn actually deserves it. She's the second most popular Lord by a huge margin (only slightly losing out to Ike) and her entry was a huge turning point for the series, being the first international release. It should be Lyn, and then no one else ever unless there's another Awakening-level popularity boom IMO.

Dillon: Nay
His game sucked, I'm sorry.

Pauline: Nay
How would she even fight?

Agnes Oblige: Soft Yay
Sure, why not?

Hades: Yay
Hades was the best part of the game.

Crash Bandicoot: Nay
Nothing to do with Nintendo.

Ray: Soft Yay
Again, why not?

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Yes to Pauline, she’s my most wanted after all

Nay to everyone else

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
3 for today!

- Crash Bandicoot;
Most wanted 3rd Party character left.

- Dillon;
Just becuase he was an assist trophy in the last game.

- Geno;
Second most wanted 3rd Party. Ever since Brawl.

D

Deleted member

• Kyle Hyde-Nay, maybe a aasist trophy, but doubt it(prefer ashley((another code)) or famicon detective school girl over him)
  • Battletoads- Nay, Banjo kazzoie, Steve(minecraft) or bust
  • Geno- Yay, if cloud is back geno will be in.
  • Lyndis - Yay, of they make the other fire emblem unique.
  • Dillon - Yay... I like him
  • Pauline- Nay, definetly assist trophy(unless pulled from mario vs donkey kong toys series but i doubt it)
  • Agnes Oblige- Yay, series did really well in 3ds so i can see as a candidate.
  • Hades- Hard Nay, if Ridley cant get in over size so cant Hades
  • Crash Bandicoot- Yay, Meh no like or dislike
  • Ray- Yay, or atleast an assist trophy

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'll start negative...no
  • Kyle Hyde (Kyle Hyde Saga)
  • Lyndis (Fire Emblem series)
  • Agnes Oblige (Bravely series)
  • Hades (Kid Icarus series)
If I know the characters above, I think they are from a series that has enough love. And without offering enough on their own other than being specifically known to fans.

My yeahs!
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Ray (Custom Robo series)
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
  • Pauline (Super Mario series)
I think they would all be interesting players. Or offer a new series which has earned the reason to be recognized with a character.

And the next two... would be interesting characters for sure, but I think their time would have been on a non existent SNES Smash
  • Battletoads
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 13th day poll is up.

Today's characters are:
  • Daisy (Super Mario series)
  • Rider (Monster Hunter series)
  • Bunny (Nintendo Badge Arcade)
  • Nintendogs
  • Rodin (Bayonetta series)
  • Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You)
  • Azura (Fire Emblem series)
  • Sophitia (Soul series)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
  • Space Marine (Doom series)

D

Deleted member

Indifferent to all, except for Daisy.
Very, very hard nay to her.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Rodin would be very cool, I think it would be great if Nintendo bought Bayonetta. That way a character can be added without competing for that 3rd party slot.

D

Deleted member

No to all except Daisy and Ryu Hayabusa (sorry Neku)
Daisy solely for seeing cool rendition if she was sports based.
Hayabusa because if Koei says no to Hyrule warriors rep( or whoever directs this game says no), Hayabusa would be 100% guaranteed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes to Arcade Bunny
No to the rest

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'll have to say soft yay to Neku since I haven't played his game, medium yay to Ryu Hayabusa, and a nay to everyone else especially Daisy. Her voice just grates on my ears and I would have to buy an amiibo of her if she was confirmed.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Nay to Daisy because she's boring and unnecessary, seemingly only there to increase the roster of multiplayer Mario spinoffs.
Nay to Nintendogs because they're just dogs.
Nay to Rodin because I'm still not fond of Bayonetta and even the image of him you provided couldn't make it in a family friendly setting.
Nay to Sophitia because she's one of the most boring characters in Soul Calibur and the series' representative should obviously be Nightmare.
Nay to Azura because axe > spear.
Nay to Ryu because I have no interest in his series and also one steve limit.
Likewise nay to bunny guy out of disinterest.
Soft yay to Rider, though, now that they're cute and furry.
Soft yay to Neku 'cause I like his genre and design.
And a big HELL YAY! To the Doom Marine because he's iconic and just downright fun.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just to clarify - is the Space Marine the player character of Doom (also known as the Doom Marine, Doomguy, the Doom Slayer, etc.), or someone else? It makes a difference in terms of what my vote is.

If it is Doomguy, then that's a definite yay for him - Doom 2016 was the most fun that I've had playing an FPS campaign in years, whether it's the PC version or the Switch version.

Yay to the Arcade Bunny (who could be amusing) and Ryu Hayabusa.

Nay to the rest, especially Daisy. Not familiar with the World Ends with You or Nintendogs, I'd rather not see another Fire Emblem character, and I feel like plenty of other third party games should get a second character in Smash before Bayonetta. (and I say this as someone who voted for her on the Smash Ballot)

If I had to pick one character from Soul Calibur, Sophitia wouldn't even be in my top three. I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter (the controls are way too clunky for my tastes, with weapons either being too weak or too slow to accomplish anything), and Daisy doesn't seem to bring anything interesting to the table.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yes to Daisy, she deserves it as a Mario spinoff rep. I did see something while lurking on the Daisy thread that suggested she and Waluigi share a slot/moveset, which sounds odd but could work since they’d both be good at repping the sports/party/kart spinoffs and have a similar build

Soft yes to Sophie, but Ivy would be a much better SoulCalibur rep. I’d love to see what they would do with a whip sword moveset, whereas Sophitia is just there.

Yes also to Azura, since she’s the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn and really important in Morrowind’s storyline...oh that Azura. Still, she was hyped and would actually bring a nice spearman moveset in.

Top Bottom