• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day 15:
THE HARDEST OF YAYS for Captain Toad(no dur).
Soft yays for Toon Ganondorf(if this is the only way we can get a dual sword weilding Dorf), Porky(who I'd pick over even Lucas if Mother really must have two reps) and Krystal(I can see the merit in a Star Fox character who doesn't play functionally the same way).

Nay to the rest. Sorry Nana and Popo, I'm not a fan.

Day 16
Hard Yay to Bomberman, he's my childhood.
Softer Yays to Tom Nook(Isabelle appeals more these days but he's still noteworthy) and Jibanyan.
Nay to the rest. Samurai Goroh or bust for second F-Zero rep!

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 17th poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • Incineroar (Pokemon series)
  • Bartz (Final Fantasy series)
  • NiGHTS
  • Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
  • Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon series) (Returning)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon series)
  • Snip and Clip (Snipperclips)
  • Metabee (Medabot series)
  • Mona (WarioWare series)
  • Double Dragon

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All of my yes for the return of the trainer. One of my favorites from Brawl, and mainly because of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the switching mechanic. Would like to see switching fixed to be instant again so it’s useable, but I loved it.

Soft yes for the other two Pokémon, but Squirtle wins.

Nay to the rest

D

Deleted member

Infinite yes to Decidueye. Favorite alola mon, second favorite starter and 3rd favorite Pokemon overall, and he could have a unique archer moveset.
Soft yes to Incineroar though, I do like it as a Pokemon and think a wrestler would be pretty cool in Smash.
Nay to Pokemon Trainer, would rather have Squirt and Saur as seperate characters and the stamina mechanic was awful.
Indifferent to the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

YAY to
Prince Sable- Favorite assist trophy, would love to see how he would work as a playable character.
Pokemon trainer- ONLY IF the switching mechanic is in the game(used via taunts...ig), squirtle and ivysaur(particularly ivysaur) gets heavy buffs, and no other stupid mechanic crap from brawl. Also Pokemon trainer moves to the side of the character portaits and not in thw back of the stages(like little macs punch bar).
Nights- If a sega rep not from sonic is going to added it be Nights.
Decidueye- Yes... No other questions.
Mona- If she plays by bringing in all the other wario ware characters to her moveset yes... Otherwise no.
Nay to the rest.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yay to Pokemon Trainer if only so I can play as Squirtle and Ivysaur again...honestly stop cutting my favourite playable Pokemon. First Mewtwo and yeah Pichu(I enjoy gag characters, shut up) and then Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Yay to Prince Sable just because he's relatively interesting.

Yay to Mona...I have no real reason she's just one of my favourite WarioWare characters.

Nay to the rest. Decidueye is likely, but I don't really care about the Alola mons.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Incineroar: Yay
He's cool and he'd have a cool moveset. I still think he should've been in Pokken.

Bartz: Nay
I have no idea who this is, only that @Blue_Sword_Edge loves him. Hell, for the longest time I thought his avatar was just Jonathan Joestar recreated in Soul Calibur.

NiGHTS: Nay
3rd party. Plus NiGHTS sucks imo.

Prince Sable: Soft Nay
I literally do not care.

Pokemon Trainer: Hard Nay
I swear to god, if you ever try to shackle my precious Charizard to that useless garbomon Ivysaur again...

Decidueye: Yay
He's cool, too. I'd rather have Buzzwole than anyone, but still.

Snip and Clip: Soft Yay
Why not?

Metabee: Nay
Anyways buy Arby's

Mona: Yay
I'd rather have Jimmy T. or Ashley, but Mona deserves it too.

Double Dragon: Nay
You mean Bimmy & Jimmy? Or do you mean we'd be playing as the actual video game itself? Because I'd be down for playing as an arcade cabinet.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Nay to Incineroar because he doesn't, in my opinion, come even close to living up to his rookie
Form's potential. Same goes doubly for Decidueye.
Nay to Pokemon Trainer because I'm ok with the recent “no character should have 2+ movesets” stance.
Nay to Bartz because eww, turn-based, non-TCG RPGs.
Yay to NiGHTS because I like the character, even if I'm most familiar with them from cameos in Sega's other work.
Yay to Snip & Clip because they're interestingly different.
Nay to everyone else 'cause I don't know them.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 18th poll is up.

Today's characters are:
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
  • Marina Liteyears (Mischier Makers)
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Mametchi (Tamagocchi series)
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Tempo (HarmoKnight)
  • Maxwell (Scribblenauts series)
  • Detective Pikachu (Pokemon series)
  • Goemon (Mystical Ninja series)
  • Urban Champion

D

Deleted member

I voted yes to Detective Pikachu out of sheer irony. I'd like to see him as a voiced alternate costume for Pikachu though.
Also voted soft yes for Crono because I have a friend that wants him.
Nay to the rest, especially Urban Champion as he's one of the most generic retro characters in existence.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Nay to all except Crono. Out of all of those, I can only see myself playing as him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Earthworm Jim, Crono, and Sukapon. I'm neutral at best when it comes to the rest of them.

D

Deleted member

1st nay to all...
Detective pikachu could be a good alt... Otherwise the rest are ok assist trophy wise

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Soft yays to Maxwell and Marina because they're fun characters I have some experience with.
Nay to Earthworm Jim because I only really know him as cartoon character and he hasn't been relevant in a long time.
Nay to detective Pikachu because he's clearly an alt.
Nay to everyone else out of lack of interest.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I think I'd enjoy playing as both Maxwell and Earthworm Jim, so very soft yay to them.
I don't know enough about Crono to say yes or no, but getting a Smash poster drawn by Akira Toriyama would be incredible.
Nay to the rest.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Big yays to Marina, Crono, Jim and Goemon. Great characters from great games. Sentimental soft yay to Mametchi since I'm very fond of Tamagotchi in general and owned half a dozen of the handhelds. Nay to everything else.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 19th poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
  • Bubsy the Bobcat
  • Dr. Scarlet (Battleground Z)
  • Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon series)
  • Marx (Kirby series)
  • Wonder Momo
  • Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy)
  • Steve (Minecraft)

D

Deleted member

Nay to all... Ribbion girl maybe as an alt for spribg man, mimikyu as a pokemon, Tsubasa as an assist trophy,and marx missed his chance(only recently relevant again).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd be okay with Viewtiful Joe (though I'd like to see Dante as far as a third Capcom character is concerned), Ribbon Girl, Mimikyu, or Marx. (though as far as Kirby newcomers go, he's second to Bandanna Waddle Dee, and possibly behind Dark Matter)

I don't know anything about the other characters, aside from Bubsy the Bobcat, who I'd rather not see. (What could possibly go wrong? If his games are any indication, a lot) Steve from Minecraft could be fun, but if we were going to get any Microsoft character, I feel like it would have to be someone from Rare. (Banjo-Kazooie would be ideal; wouldn't say no to Rash or Conker, however)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes to Marx. He, Susie and Gooey are the Kirby characters I'd like to see the most after Bandana Dee, though I think almost every Kirby character is a good choice as they all bring new stuff to the table.
Nay to Bubsy because he's a literal joke character. Why did he come back?
Nay to Tsubasa because nothing about TMS appeals to me despite being a Fire Emblem fan.
Hard nay to Mimikyu, I never liked the thing and one Mimikyu supporter made me hate it infinitely more.
And of course, an infinite nay to Steve, because you cannot convince me that he's anything more than a meme choice, and I do not want to see a bunch of 12 year olds screaming while playing for glory on youtube.
Indifferent to the rest of 'em.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Infinite Yay to Viewtiful Joe. He's my man, I love his games and I'm still waiting on the final act even to this day.
I actually want him more than Waluigi, Funky Kong and Wolf (he's my 5th most wanted behind Sora, Eggman, Travis and the Elite Beat Agents), I'm just not pushing for him as hard because he has no chance. If you don't think he should be in Smash Bros. I will actually fight you irl, pm me the time and place you wanna fight.

Hard Yay to Mimikyu, Soft Yay to Marx and Ribbon Girl, Nay to the rest.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I say Yay to Marx, I really feel that Kirby could use a proper villain like him or Dark Matter.

I don't really care about anyone else, but I did say Yay to Viewtiful Joe because those games are cool.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Hell yeah to Marx! I want him infinitely more than Bandana Dee and his move set would be fantastic. Favorite Kirby villain of all time and definitely deserves a spot.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
  • Viewtiful Joe - It could garner more interest in his series again! Never played his games but he seems cool
  • Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE) - TMS#FE was amazing, deserves more love
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon series) - Mimikyu is the BEST Pokemon choice this time around imo. Has potential for an amazing moveset
  • Marx (Kirby series) - Smash needs villains, Kirby needs more characters. Why not Marx?
  • Steve (Minecraft) - call it dumb but Minecraft has constantly supported Nintendo consoles since the Wii U. It's better than many highly-requested third-parties I've seen for that reason alone

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ribbon Girl - Okay.
Mimikyu - Best pokemon of its generation. Sure.
Steve - He has all the potential to be an original and interesting newcomer. I'm going to say yes.

Nay to everyone else.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 20th poll is up!
Only 100 characters left!

Today's characters are:
  • Barbara the Bat (Daigasso Band Brothers)
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Professor Layton
  • Callie & Marie (Splatoon series)
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Musashi (Sushi Striker)
  • Cooking Mama
  • Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt series)
  • Mike Jones (Startropics)
  • Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda series)

D

Deleted member

Soft yes to Spyro. I think he fits in well enough, but I haven't played his games yet so I'm not 100% sold.
Soft yes to Mike Jones, mostly for his fans.
Gunvolt gets a nay since I didn't like what little I've played of his game.
Nay to Toon Zelda. I don't see the appeal.
Indifferent to everyone else.

D

Deleted member

I'd say yay to barbara to add her back as an assist trophy, Same with layton
Yay to spyro because he would fit well in smash.
Yay to Mike jones and Cooking mama(for the jokes)
Nay to everyone else.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Barbara the Bat: Soft Nay
I'm 90% sure the guy who made her accidentally sent Rouge hentai to his boss and convinced him it was concept art.

Spyro the Dragon: Nay
Nothing to do with Nintendo.

Professor Layton: Yay
Come on, he deserves it.

Callie & Marie: Soft Nay
I'd love to see them as costumes, but not as standalone characters.

Elite Beat Agents: Infinite Yay
This is my absolute favorite Nintendo franchise aside from Smash Bros. I fell in love with EBA on the DS. I loved the addictive gameplay, I loved the wacky setups for the missions, I loved the comic art style, I loved how they used actual licensed music (even if they were covers), I loved that one gut-punch tearjerker mission in the middle, I just loved everything about it. It was such a revolutionary game, you can still feel the shockwave of its massive impact over a decade later. The most prominent example being Osu, which is literally just a PC version of EBA/Oendan with custom beatmaps, that has an international tournament every year. Nintendo, however, decided to do nothing to capitalize on this, as EBA has yet to receive a sequel and Oendan (the Japanese version) only had one. But even if Nintendo refuses to recognize the monumental influence this game had on the rhythm genre, that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be recognized. And even though I can't say I expect the Elite Beat Agents to be in Smash Bros, they absolutely deserve to be.

Musashi: Soft Yay
Why not? His game seems pretty cool.

Cooking Mama: Soft Nay
3rd party.

Gunvolt: Nay
I don't like Gunvolt. Sure, it's one of the only retro games that's inspired by Mega Man X instead of the bad one the original, but it's really repetitive, the upgrades are unbalanced and barely make a difference, and the PC port is really lazy. Plus, that boss-rush section before the final stage is such bull****.

Mike Jones: Soft Yay
Game Theory: Mike Jones is Sans' phone.

Toon Zelda: Soft Yay
I'd prefer Groose, but whatever.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
  • Professor Layton - is close to Nintendo, could have a interesting moveset
  • Callie & Marie (Splatoon series) - no clue for a moveset but I love them
  • Elite Beat Agents - just so the series finally get th sequel it deserves
  • Musashi (Sushi Striker) - Sushi Striker's lore really interests me even if the game looks pretty bland to me so I approve
  • Mike Jones (Startropics) - my pick for a retro character, been wanting him since SSB4.
  • Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda series) - would be a clone but tbh I don't care I just really love the Wind Waker designs

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to cooking mama for sure and tentative yay to musashi.
Nay to Toon Zelda because she was only ever interesting because of the Tetra transformation possibility and that's gone.
Nay to Professor Layton because Phoenix's multi-hit objection finger would be too good to pass up.
Nay to everyone else because I don't really care about them.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Day 20:
Hard Yay to: Spyro(I honestly prefer him to Crash. He was my favourite of the Playstation cast)
Yays to: Callie and Marie, Layton, Barbara and Cooking Mama
Nay to: the rest(sorry Mike)

I'll have to vote for Day 18 and 19 a little later

Troykv

Smash Master
Eh... I'm not sure what to vote, I don't care enough about them, but I don't dislike any of them.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 21st poll is up!

Today's characters are:
  • Ivysaur (Pokemon series) (Returning)
  • Fawful (Super Mario series)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles series)
  • Tetra (Legend of Zelda series)
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)
  • Plasm Wraith (Pikmin series)
  • Nate/Katie (Yo-kai Watch series)
  • Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
  • Fossil Hero (Fossil Fighters series)
  • Vaati (Legend of Zelda series)

D

Deleted member

• Ivysaur- It deserves a 2nd chance(with no element weakness please sakurai wtf what you were thinking) so Yay.
  • Fawful- Nay... Not interested.
  • Elma- Yay, Probably the most likely character for me atm.
  • Tetra- Yay, pirate are missing in smash bros.
  • Samurai Goroh- Nay, no interest.
  • Plasm Wraith- Nay, make him a boss.
  • Nate/Katie- Nay, keep that poke ripoff out of my smash brothers please and thankyou.
  • Aeron - Nay, no intrest
  • Fossil Hero- Nay, see above.
  • Vaati- Yay, why not ig.

Top Bottom