• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yay, Please Rate my Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Ok, so i'm new, but have been playing pokemon for a little bit. so i was wondering it would probably best if i went to the experts to see if i'm raising my pokemon right.

My First Pokemon!
*note- i'm at the pokemon league, and i raise my pokemon together. and i hadn't figured out about effort values since a couple days ago, i'll leave out some info to discuss if anyone asks questions. ok lets start with:

Torterra Lvl 47 Modest Nature

Earthquake
Synthesis
Razor Leaf- Planning on changing it to something stronger like Magical Leaf or so
Stealth Rock-For those annoying humans or bots who change out pokemon

I keep him on my team cause i never give up on my starters. I guess you could call him a sweeper tank? high attack and defense.

Staraptor Lvl 45 Sassy Nature

Fly-it's usefull, and i like it cause people can't hit me till i attack
Growl- gonna change it to a more useful stat altering attack
Aerial Ace- Gonna change it to Brave Bird once it learns it
Close combat- just to give him a more broad range of attack

I have him cause i love flyers, cause they can be strong if you raise them right

Floatzel Lvl 37 Rash Nature

Crunch- for psychics
Aqua jet-WILL change (if only i find a good move for it)
Surf-strong and usefull
Blizzard- Broaden attack horizen

Just the awsomeness look of Buizel got me to say "he's strong, and cool. i want to raise one!" and look at him now, a lvl 37 Floatzel.

Pachirisu Lvl 41 Rash Nature

Last Resort- i honestly don't know why i replaced it with flash, oh well
Discharge- Gotta have an electric move for an electric type!
Spark- GONNA replace it, can't figure out with what
Sweet Kiss- Whoot, i love annoying people by confusing their pokemon

i always will have an electric type on my team. Pachirisu just struck me on the head as the one.

Lucario Lvl 43 Lax Nature

Aura Sphere- Gotta have that signature move! Plus it's powerful.
Bone Rush- I haven't used it yet, but from what i have read, it's powerful.
Sword's Dance- A strong pokemon will get stronger with this
Force Palm- Another annoying move if it paralyses.

Just the awsomeness of Lucario (Plus the fact he's in Brawl) just told me, it'll be worth raising from an egg, and guess what? he's awsome now.

Buneary Lvl 36 Rash Nature

Dizzy Punch- ya gotta love make your opponents confused
Ice Beam- If Your lucky, you'll freeze em solid, more annoyance!!
Toxic- Whats worse than poisoning? Severe Poisoning!!!
Double Team- Now you see him, now you don't care to take a lucky guess which one is the real buneary, While your confuzzled?

Buneary is cute. i am a sucker for cuteness. and if i can, i'll fix my mistakes with him, and have him evolve into a Lopunny.

Try to see this in my personality, and see what i can improve, Please!:):)

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Methinks you need perhaps to read a little bit more about pokemon. For starters, read these two sticky topics:

Introduction to Competitive Battling
The EV Training Guide

Specifically, here are a few pointers:

#1: Know the difference between physical and special attacks
Lets take a look at Floatzel. Here are its base stats:
Hit Points: 85
Attack: 105
Defense: 55
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 50
Speed: 115
As you can see, its attack is higher than its special attacks. This means that physical attacks will hit harder than special attacks. Now lets look at your floatzel:

Floatzel Lvl 37 Rash Nature

Crunch- Physical
Aqua jet-Physical
Surf-Special
Blizzard- Special
As you can see, Blizzard and Surf don't fit in. Replacing Surf with Waterfall gives you a much more potent attack, and you shouldn't be using blizzard anyways because its got a horrible accuracy rate. What you might wan't to do is look up all of your pokemon's stats, and decide which attacks fit it the best.

#2: Natures

I know this news won't make you too happy, but your pokemon have bad natures. Torterra has a modest nature, which reduces his great attack to bolster his mediocre special attack. Staraptor has a sassy nature which reduces his great speed to increase special defense, which he doesn't need. Read the stickies, and think about what stats your pokemon need boosts in, and which stats it doesn't need so much.

Seriously, read the stickies. They contain a lot of great information.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
I Changed my Pokemon Team, it's been a long time-
Charizard lvl 100 Serious nature
Lucario lvl 80 lax Nature
Mewtwo lvl 81 Jolly nature
Umbreon lvl 32 (Gotta train him) serious nature
Gonna breed, but till then, Torterra lvl 57-8, nature that increases SP Attack
Golem lvl 60 something, don't know the nature

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Methinks you need perhaps to read a little bit more about pokemon. For starters, read these two sticky topics:

Introduction to Competitive Battling
The EV Training Guide

Specifically, here are a few pointers:

#1: Know the difference between physical and special attacks
Lets take a look at Floatzel. Here are its base stats:

As you can see, its attack is higher than its special attacks. This means that physical attacks will hit harder than special attacks. Now lets look at your floatzel:

As you can see, Blizzard and Surf don't fit in. Replacing Surf with Waterfall gives you a much more potent attack, and you shouldn't be using blizzard anyways because its got a horrible accuracy rate. What you might wan't to do is look up all of your pokemon's stats, and decide which attacks fit it the best.

#2: Natures

I know this news won't make you too happy, but your pokemon have bad natures. Torterra has a modest nature, which reduces his great attack to bolster his mediocre special attack. Staraptor has a sassy nature which reduces his great speed to increase special defense, which he doesn't need. Read the stickies, and think about what stats your pokemon need boosts in, and which stats it doesn't need so much.

Seriously, read the stickies. They contain a lot of great information.
Ok, my Torterra is basicly fine in SP Attack. the only problem for that attack, is wood hammer, and crappy strength are the only Physicles moves it can learn, oh ya, and tackle is the problem too.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I Changed my Pokemon Team, it's been a long time-
Charizard lvl 100 Serious nature
Lucario lvl 80 lax Nature
Mewtwo lvl 81 Jolly nature
Umbreon lvl 32 (Gotta train him) serious nature
Gonna breed, but till then, Torterra lvl 57-8, nature that increases SP Attack
Golem lvl 60 something, don't know the nature
1. Don't use neutral natures
2. A Lax Lucario???
3. An Uber?
4. Infernape looks like it'll just tear through this team. I'd suggest swapping Mewtwo with, say...Slowbro, maybe?
5. List attacks and EVs plz

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
1. i don't know my evs Never nown them, all i no, is Charizard is maxed out, Lucario got a big Spc. Defence boost
2. It doesn't hurt to have a neutral nature
3. Lax Lucario is Fine just reduces spc defense
4. INFERNAPE IS DEAD MEAT AGAINST GOLEM AND CHARIZARD
5. Mewtwo is fine
SHut your big mouths.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
1st off, I don't care about a 10% boost in one stat. 10% isn't alot. so what, a pokemon with 100 attack stat gets an extra 10? 10 for example is not alot, as i have experienced in the game. Torterra can learn Bazzilions of spc Attack, so i think a modest nature would be fine.
Umbreon can be just fine with a nuteral nature. 2nd, Never say one Pokemon can rip my team apart! i'm not dumb enough to load my pokemon with moves of the same type, i took measures into giving them moves to overwelm pokemon with a type advantage. I don't know wat the big deal is with mewtwo, but if he his "a problem" then i'll breed for an espeon. geez. can't you look at the positives of this team? noone realized i almost perfectly balanced my team out! i'll give pokemon stats later.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
1st off, I don't care about a 10% boost in one stat. 10% isn't alot. so what, a pokemon with 100 attack stat gets an extra 10? 10 for example is not alot, as i have experienced in the game. Torterra can learn Bazzilions of spc Attack, so i think a modest nature would be fine.
Umbreon can be just fine with a nuteral nature. 2nd, Never say one Pokemon can rip my team apart! i'm not dumb enough to load my pokemon with moves of the same type, i took measures into giving them moves to overwelm pokemon with a type advantage. I don't know wat the big deal is with mewtwo, but if he his "a problem" then i'll breed for an espeon. geez. can't you look at the positives of this team? noone realized i almost perfectly balanced my team out! i'll give pokemon stats later.
N00B!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used to be like you and not care about evs but seriously they make a WORLD of difference
natures help too
you should bring out the best of your pokemon rather than its crappy stats
change your way of thinking because if you ever battled anyone online you would get DESTROYED!!!!!

-MasterMatt

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
DON"T EVER CALL ME A NOOB!
I DO CARE ABOUT EVs, I just improve the crappy stats, and let the good stats grow on their own
i think my pokemon should Be better in their bad stats, to cover their weaknesses. i've played these games for about a year now. i think i know what i'm saying when 10% isn't alot.
PS, i'd never get destroyed in an online battle.

Sariku

Smash Master
Are we allowed to ban people for being stupid?

Your team sucks. Don't tell me you know what you are saying, you don't. I made the EV Training thread, I much more than you do about this stuff, and so do most everyone else on this forum. Redo your team, it doesn't work well at all. Or better yet, just quit Pokemon if you are going to yell at us trying to help you. We don't need people like you here.

And quit double/triple posting.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
DON"T EVER CALL ME A NOOB!
I DO CARE ABOUT EVs, I just improve the crappy stats, and let the good stats grow on their own
i think my pokemon should Be better in their bad stats, to cover their weaknesses. i've played these games for about a year now. i think i know what i'm saying when 10% isn't alot.
PS, i'd never get destroyed in an online battle.
Yeah, I'd stomp your garbage HARD...Real hard. You wouldn't even want to play Pokemon after I was done with you.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
This site will be very useful in determining which Pokemon are strong and which are weak
http://www.pokemon.com/Pokedex/flash.asp
Thanks, that let's me know what my pokemon teams strengths and weaknesses are.:laugh: yes, you deaf ones, i will say it again. I CARE FOR EV'S. And i will start caring for natures, even though i will still say that 10% is still not alot. Yeesh. i have had you reported, all those who were rude. mods, end this topic, i'm making a new one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Jman, use the edit button.
2. Golem's rock, infernape's fighting, and more importantly, faster. One special fighting move and golems gone.
3. Don't be rude. This goes to everyone.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Infernape doesn't use special fighting attacks. :p

Jman, you can't complain that people are flaming you when you've asked for advice. They are trying to help you build a competitive team. Competitve natures are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom