• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yay, placed in a tournament :D

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Brawl Singles - 31 Entrants
1st/2nd - Quik:wario:/Arty:falco: (Split, match wasn't played) - $165 each
3rd - Wafles ($37) :falco: :metaknight:
4th - Hunger :marth:
5th - Fatboy :metaknight:
5th - Grimace :snake:
7th - Akashi :snake: :ike:
7th - DLA :ganondorf: :dk2:
9th - Ook :dk2:
9th - KGB :metaknight: :wolf:
9th - SimaMatty :dedede: :fox:
9th - Kennispam :shiek:

I lost to Wafles in the winner's brackets, who used nothing but whorenado the entire match except to kill, and then later in the loser's brackets, I lost to Quik whose Wario just *****.

I JV 3 stocked Kennispam's Sheik with Ganon, so he went MK next match lol.

And yes, Hunger was using Marth instead of Wario for some reason.

Also, Arty (who plays a bit of Ganondorf) and I tried to do a Double Dorf team in doubles, but it didn't go that well lol.

And in case anyone is wondering, the grand finals weren't played because the tournament took too long and the venue had to close. Arty and Quik are brothers (identical twins, actually) and they decided to split the money.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that there was Dorfian rapeage SOMEWHERE in the world this weekend :p

Breezy

Smash Ace
Lol, I played Fatboy in a pools at a tourney a week or two ago. I 2-0'd him thanks to a Ganoncide and he raged about it after our set. I also won some money from him in Duelist Pro mms ^_^

But congrats on rapin' some face broseph.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Nice! Was he using MK? He and Grimace ***** Arty and me in doubles.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Lol, no he didn't use MK. He was using ROB in the first match and Marth (I think <_<) in the second match. He went on to get second in that tourney though. I got first in my pool and then ***** in bracket >_< placed 9th

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8318340

Results thread, if anybody was interested in more details.

DLA, one of these days we gotta meet eachother and have a MM so we can decide who's the better Ganon in the midwest :p

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Is AZ considered southwest? Because Swoops and Kira live there lol.

And for the record Breezy, I'm pretty pitiful at Ganon mirrors, so I don't think I'd use that to measure the best Ganon in the midwest lol. I'm always down for some $MMs though. You should come to one of these Racine, Wisconsin tournaments, it's good fun.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Is AZ considered southwest? Because Swoops and Kira live there lol.

And for the record Breezy, I'm pretty pitiful at Ganon mirrors, so I don't think I'd use that to measure the best Ganon in the midwest lol. I'm always down for some $MMs though. You should come to one of these Racine, Wisconsin tournaments, it's good fun.
Dang, you're right, that is Southwest. AZ doesn't even have trnies though, so they still don't count :p

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Good stuff DLA. I'm from the midwest as well, I played Arty at the ISA tournament. I beat him and Jekyll in Ganon Ditto's and took his falco to 100+ percent on last stock. I would love to play you sometime if you ever come to Ohio, and anyone else who is in the Ohio area and would like to play.

Who did you play against, and how often did you use DK?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Good stuff DLA. I'm from the midwest as well, I played Arty at the ISA tournament. I beat him and Jekyll in Ganon Ditto's and took his falco to 100+ percent on last stock. I would love to play you sometime if you ever come to Ohio, and anyone else who is in the Ohio area and would like to play.

Who did you play against, and how often did you use DK?
Well first I fought a Ness named Sponge, I beat him pretty badly with Gdorf. He tried CPing Norfair against me and I was like "lol lavacide" and he was like "wtf is this i don't even."

Then I actually fought Kirk, the Ike main who beat Swoops in the low tier tournament. He usually ***** my Ganon pretty bad in friendlies (******** jab) so I went DK. We went to the third game and I ended up winning in a pretty close match.

Then I lost to Wafles who just spammed whorenado against me. I don't even know how MK spammers can live with themselves.

So in the loser's brackets, I JV 3 stocked Kennispam's Sheik in the first match, so then he went MK. He gayed my Ganon that match so I just went DK for the third match and won.

And then Quik annihilated me with Wario and went on to tie for first.

So yeah, I used Ganon a bit more than I used DK but it was pretty even. I would have went Gdorf more if I didn't have to fight so many MKs.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
This awesome! :D Congrats!

Do you have any videos of your matches? O:
Not of any tournament matches, but I did get a cool replay with DK where I did a Bthrow, bair, bair, bair, and headbutt spike for a KO lol. I can put it up if you want

stRIP

Smash Ace
But yeah I have little respect for ppl who play MK to win.
t3h lulz

Ok. That means DLA is going to be the best red Ganon now :( but wait for me being at my first (Brawl) tourney. Maybe it will be something with 500 people, including the best ones of America !

fonzi21

Smash Ace
That's awesome DLA, great stuff, and thanks Arty lol. Ya Kirk's Ike is really good, I have played him at a few tourney's along with Renegade. The jab's suck for Ganon lol. Tornado does suck *** completely I agree, I have played Overswarm and Kel quite a bit so I know how you feel on the Tornado spam, but unfortunately they are playing to win so you can't be angry at them for that. We chose this character we have to live with the downsides and figure how to overcome them. Funny thing is you use DK to fight MK's. Doesn't he have the same Tornado spam problem?

I don't mind MK's actually since I get to play Capem every day, but if they Tornado spam it makes the match very frustrating, but you can still win.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Dk vs Mk is a really "good" matchup at all. earlier it was rated as 50:50 now its 60:40 (In MKs favor, obviously). Still not that bad vs Mk

Top Bottom