• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link trick: Gun camping

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so this is a pretty useless trick, but it is kind of cool.

Corneria: the guns can be used as a platform in emergency situations, but it shouldn't be stood on for a long time, decause the guns will kill you, right? Wrong.

I discovered this trick when i was goofing around, trying to see how many gun blasts link could survive if he was ccing the guns (about 4,unless you're really good at teching, fyi). Well, in my search for a faster character, i thought i'd try young link. So I tried this trick with him...

Well, Link is too large, thus he ends up standing on part of the gun that charges, but young link is on the very tip. So he gets hit... if he's standing. If you roll towards the center of the stage and then crouch, the guns keep hitting your shield. Thus, a cheap place for young link to 'camp.'

Of course, it's not particularly useful unless you're hiding during a free-for-all, But it's still pretty cool.

(my apologies if this has already been posted)

The GERM

Smash Ace
OMFG!! That s*** is so d*** annoying. Me and my crew were playing teams last week and me and my brother were playing against a Y. Link and a Fox on Corneria. So the Y. Link(Bob Money) starts laughing and runs down to the blasters and just crouches and camps there, I'm thinking he's a friggin' idiot. But when the blasters go off they don't hit him and the Fox was just running around going 2 on 1 then taking all Y. Link's lives when he died. But yeah, did you find this out on your own? Cause I'm not sure if Bob just found out or he heard it from somewhere.....weird

x1372

Smash Ace
Thank you.

Honestly though, someone ELSE just found out a way to make my young link more annoying.

Thank you.

x1372

Smash Ace
Heh. you should see my runaway projectile game. Believe me, it's already quite applicable.

I wonder what the reaction would be if I used this trick at midwest massacre III... :D

...add one stage to the "forever banned in michigan" stage list.

The Cape

Smash Master
Originally posted by x1372
Heh. you should see my runaway projectile game. Believe me, it's already quite applicable.

I wonder what the reaction would be if I used this trick at midwest massacre III... :D

...add one stage to the "forever banned in michigan" stage list.
If you manage to pull this off in a match and get it on tape, I would enjoy seeing it.

Also, the person who played the team match in an earlier post (forgot your name, sorry) If you have a tape of that match I would like to see it as well. Thanks.

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by The GERM
. But yeah, did you find this out on your own? Cause I'm not sure if Bob just found out or he heard it from somewhere.....weird

Yeah... It was compleytely by accident, really. I was trying to see how many gun charges each character could survive while crouch-cancelling, and discovered that young link was invincible... Odd. But i only found out a few days ago... Darn. i thought i'd found something new ;)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Lol. People dont know about this I guess, I guess thats why its not banned yet. But please use it x1372 in your massacre tourney, its gonna be the funniest ****, and there is no rule that you cant do that, lol. :rotfl:

x1372

Smash Ace
what are they going to do? ban corneria? they CAN come out and get me... it's just slightly difficult for them.

What makes this even better is how high prioritized young link's nair is. just use that quickly when they approach, or if they try to upB through it jump and dair...

and the best part is, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TIMING LIKE THE PEACH BOMBER THAT I SPENT HOURS MASTERING!

Camper Bob will make good on his title.

All I have to do now before that tournament starts is get the timing down of when it shoots so that I know when it's safe to go down there. After all, I don't want to get shot before I can get set up.

The Cape

Smash Master
Originally posted by x1372
All I have to do now before that tournament starts is get the timing down of when it shoots so that I know when it's safe to go down there. After all, I don't want to get shot before I can get set up.
(Note: This is something I learned playing Halo)

All the powerups spawn at a set interval (1 or two mins) so I am assuming that to mkae less of a loading on the game this will also have to have a timing system that starts when the game loads. If you can get how long in between and keep an egg timer running this should work for you. The only real problem with this is people such as Ness, or another Y. Link will a well timed projectile (Y. link's reverse boomerang or Ness's PK thunder) could damage you and make you lose the match by percent anyway. Just a thought.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Oh, well this strategy does has its weakness. Say if the opponent reaches to the guns part. They can just d-smash it or whatever and make the blasters explode then Y. Link cant sit there. But thats only if they are smart enough to know and though enough to get through Y. Link's sex kick. Im gonna try this just for laughs, lol. Banning Corneria, lol. Fox and Falco players would hate that, lol. :laugh:

x1372

Smash Ace
Yeah, I already know what characters can cause problems without endangering themselves. Link and Young link can hit through with their boomerangs, Ness can PK thunder, Pika and pichu can use thundershock... but how many of THOSE characters do you see in your average tournament?

Other characters have to at least somewhat jump off the front of the stage to attack a camper there, and if nothing else that lets me throw a boomerang to try to stop them... if their projectile is any threat. I mean, I'm ducking wiht the shield, depending on the situation that might just block their projectile too.

Also, there is another threat: air strikes. I don't know whether the ships that shoot from the background will attack you on the gun, but if they do they might cause problems if they shoot at an inconvenient time.

Hmm... I never really cared to check before... but now I want to know how much damage those guns can take before exploding. It would be a nice thing to know, given that young link could take out the guns, jump, wall jump, and up B to safety while the opponent falls. It's a like a one-time fox on Yoshi 64 trick!

Heh. If I learn to abuse this thing, and they ban the great fox, DA's gonna be pissed.

Eramor

Smash Apprentice
I ****ing hate it when people do this kind of ****. Its no fun for the person you're playing. Personally, I wouldn't play along and come down to attack you, I'd just wait for you to get bored and come up. And If I got bored first, I'd leave. That **** is ****ing annoying.

x1372

Smash Ace
Hey Eramor, guess what? It's not SUPPOSED to be fun for the person I'm playing. If I have a lead, and have a safe way of doing so, why SHOULDN'T I try to stall? If I continue to fight normally, I might lose my lead and lose the match.

Annoying your opponent is a GOOD thing in a tournament game. It makes him frustrated, which makes him make hasty and stupid moves. If you play in a tournament, you're playing to WIN, not to make things fun for your opponent.

If you were losing, and you didn't want to come down, guess what? You have two choices: Come down to fight me, or lose the match. You probably won't win if you come down, but you CAN'T win if you don't.

I wouldn't be using this in a match that meant nothing. When no money is on the line, no status, no tournament ranking, there's little reason to do anything like this (other than showing that you can and laughing about it). However, when a match actually means something, you have to throw all that "fairness" and "fun" bullcrap out the window. If you don't, you're not going to play well, and you're not going to have a real chance to win the tournament. Sirlin.net has some good articles about playing to win, as does shoryuken.com (in the Domination 101 section). Real competition isn't designed to be fun, it's designed to beat your opponent. If you try to do that by putting yourself at unnecessary risk, you aren't going to win. Tournaments aren't won by technical skill alone - if that was the case, isai would probably win every tournament he goes to.

Besides, if I'm doing this, I'm playing as YOUNG LINK. I don't know about you, but that's a HUGE handicap to begin with against, well, anyone in the top two tiers (AKA 95% of your tournament opponents). Getting ahead to begin with so that you can even use this trick is a tough battle.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
lol this tactic seems funny and cool, but yeah doing **** like this proves how little skill this game takes, and proves it's all about out camping the oponet =/ but yeah whatever it's all fun and games.

x1372

Smash Ace
how little skill this game takes? you're joking right?

Tell you what. Play against azen. Have him be sheik, while you're young link. Play a 10 stock match, and have him give you a three life lead, and try to do this. You won't succeed. Azen will be good enough to beat you, and beat the trick. And once he finds a way around you - or makes a guessing game that he can win - you're toast.

Just because some tactics don't take a lot of technical crap doesn't mean the game takes little skill. There's nothing about this tactic that's even broken - all you do is force your opponent into a disadvantaeous situation. Happens the same way through pressure or whatnot in other situations.

Oh, and for the record... I doubt that this will even be important enough to warrant attention. Let's face it - young link isn't good enough that even with this trick he's going to be a big threat to the top players. Yeah, it might annoy some people, but that's just about all it's going to do. The better players will learn to adapt and destroy it. It might mean something in the very short run, but in the long run this will most likely stay meaningless. The absolute most it would do is add one stage to the banned list, something I doubt it's even important enough to do.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
It seems to me that it'd be pretty easy for some characters to get under there and stop this tactic. Most notably, Jigglypuff. Peach, Samus, and Mewtwo could get in there two. A few others might have some approaches, but YLink should be able to stop them.

Camping tactics are never the best tactics in this game, at least, on most stages, with most characters. They only work when your opponent is either not creative enough or too impatient to properly flush you out.

x1372

Smash Ace
Oh, and for the record, about camping...

I'ts never been the best tactic.

I've known that.

But I thought it might be able to drive people crazy, hence I started with it.

Heck, the original reason I started playing a camping style was because I was trying to prove a point about items being necessary to stop it.

I evidently was wrong, since camping stuff has never really gotten me that far - in most cases, I played better when I was aggressive.

I still do camping junk every once in a while, but my peach is mostly aggressive at this point. I just happened to get the "camper bob" title for trying (quite unsuccessfully) to camp ken out on venom. Anyone GOOD can get around a camper in most situations.

This trick with young link just makes you have to be more creative in getting around it.

Oro, if you want to have a friendly at mwm3 to see if you can find a way to break this tactic, I'll be willing to try that. If I even end up going (stupid lack of a driver's license).

Zarelid

Smash Lord
x1327 whatever it is

yeah your right this tactic isn't effect I guess I was mostly refering to tactics SIMILAR to this, tactics that get stages banned but whatever yeah your right about this. I'd proably do this too in a real match

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
A quick note about what has been said:

Pros:

Destroying the guns (jumping out, the dsmash):
anyone who does so will most likely die themselves. I had a friend use peach to do this and he still couldn't get back with her. any other character would be doomed along with YL.

Destroying the guns (projectiles) :
Possible, but would take a very long time, especially ness's PK thunder.

Cons:

Hitting link with projectiles:
thundershock, pk thunder, etc... yeah. they can hit. not much YL can do... Although shielding would be an option if you knew when the guns fired.

Arwings:
Yes. They do shoot at YL, and can hit him. again, not much YL can do but shielding would be an option if you knew when the guns fired.

Annoying as ****:
Your opponent may harm you in real life, plus as far as i'm concerned, i dont really htink anyone would want to win a tournament like that. I think it's more for friendlies, to force someone to break the guns and lose a life in the process.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Hyrule Castle is banned cause of Fox laser spam.
Fourside is banned because of Peach's Bomber.
Corneria JUST MIGHT be banned too cause of this Shield protection against the blasters. I will try it today, and see how people respond to it. lol.

x1372

Smash Ace
The smash community as a whole is NOT going to ban corneria for this. The simple fact is that there are situations for some characters where the fourside bomber, hyrule spam, termina spam, and yi64 cloud game is unwinnable for certain characters. Try as they might, they can't get themselves into a position to his their opponents unless he does something stupid. In this example, that is not the case. Sure, they have to come into a significant disadvantage, but it is by no means unbeatable.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
^yeah

yeah thats what I wasn't thinking of when I posted but Termina banned for dumb reason like spamming.......when there are ways around it like Ness can suck in the lazer G&W too Mario caps Link hylia shield etc.....so yeah this could cause it to be banned some people might think it's unbeatable when it really IS beatable but I dunno I'm just saying what OTHER people might respond to this I'm fine with it but other people might not be but whatever.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I tried this tactic at zero ping smashfest. It freakin pissed some people off. But it worked real good! lol. It was just fun matches anyways.

Eramor

Smash Apprentice
Zarelid, Zarelid, Zarelid

Did you really say there's little skill involved in this game? Are you freaking kidding me? The best part about this game is the huge skill curve. It always pisses me off in traditional fighting games when people who have never played the game before win just by mashing buttons and pulling out awesome moves that they haven't the slightest idea how to do. Smash Brothers isn't like that, you have to know what you're doing to win. A total newb can't beat a master. period. As for this trick, it admittedly takes no skill, but isn't a stand alone strategy. Heck, I wouldn't even call it a strategy. Not even a tactic. and to x1372-you obviously play the game for a different reason than I do. Smash Bros wasn't meant to be a business, its a game! I play it for fun, you play it for whatever you want. This camping thing is a BORING way to play. But as long as I'm here, may I suggest incorporating the dtilt spike? in order to get to you, they have to be airborne and completely vulnerable, so it should be a piece of cake to spike them.

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by CaliburChamp
I tried this tactic at zero ping smashfest. It freakin pissed some people off. But it worked real good! lol. It was just fun matches anyways.
Just curious, but what did the people actually say?

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Eramor I said stupid cheap little tactic show this game doesn't take skill like how much skill does chain grabing take? yet I loose to chain grabing sheiks(Mancloud) and I play Fox and win but my Link can't beat him cause of a cheap tactic like chain grabbing, and tactics like running away on hyrule temple with Fox and lazering NOTHING Link can do and other gay tactics like that show how little skill this game takes. don't get me wrong, this game takes ALOT of skill to play, but gay *** tactics like these just piss me off and show how little skill it takes. I mean a noob who doesn't know how to short hop doesn't know how to dash danxce doesn't know how to L cancel etc... but they are master chain grabers **** that

x1372

Smash Ace
Eramor - I play the game because I enjoy it, nothing more. I'm not one of the guys who wins money from tournaments (I manage to finish one out of the money quite often though ¬_¬), but one who at least is a challenge to defeat.

Part of my playstyle is that I simply don't like to take unnecessary chances. In many cases, that means offense. Which is safer - a rush or a turnip? It depends on the situation, but against someone like ganondorf you'd be foolish to (as peach) play an aggressive game when you don't have him already reeling.

I certainly don't take the game "too seriously"... after all, I picked up young link to be one of my main two characters. The original reason I picked him up was that I thought that he could be annoying, but not competitive... and I'm getting to the point where I just might be proving myself wrong.

For me, it's fun to exploit new tactics and tricks. I made a point of mastering the peach bomber, to the point where I COULD stall for 5 minutes if necessary (note that I have never actually done this in a tournament match, nor do I think I could with the pressure involved). I even made a bizarre test - beat adventure mode without jumping - as a method of practicing the bomber (oh, and yes, I did it. I beat adventure mode using only walking, running, crouching, and the peach bomber).

This new "trick" is simple, and annoying. It forces your opponent to do something new to counter it. I'm admittedly not the best at the technical aspects of the game, but the mind games involved in camping, runaway, and tricks like these are, to me, the heart of the game. My young link runaway game has impressed most players who have run up against it, even if it frustrated most of them to no end.

Camping isn't "boring" unless you let it be. You've still got little fake-out attacks from both sides, jockeying for position, and the "surprise" of the timing of the attack that either may initiate. This "trick" is an interesting form of camping, one that gives the camper extra advantages, but also has some unique disadvantages (guns can go off before you reset yourself after a feignt, ships in the back can shoot you into the guns shots, guns can be actually taken out and destroyed, etc.) Sure, a ken vs. azen aggresive match may look more entertaining, but mind games involved with camping and keep away have their own interesting points.

As for cheap little tactics... well, that's why we ban certain stages like hyrule. if a stage is clearly broken, it goes. A poor player would probably not know about the abuses anyway... and if he did, would not be able to properly execute them.

Also, chain throwing does take skill. You have to follow however they DI on the fly, and in most cases jump-cancel the grab to make it work. If you make them work for their chain throw, a weaker player will be unlkiely to do much with it.

Eramor

Smash Apprentice
this reminds me of someone I played who would always kill themselves when they had high damage in a timed match, so that you couldn't get the lead unless you killed them twice as much as they killed you. It's a b@stardlyly way to play, and the reason I only play stock.

And Zarlid...I think you just contradicted yourself. Finding ways around Link's weaknesses are part of the fun of playing Link. The characters aren't that well balanced, everybody knows it, so stop b!itching about Link's disadvantages or stop playing as Link.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
wtf are you talking about? Eramor I used Link as an example of the hyrule temple lazer thing because this is a Link board so I just said his name. because MANY character can't do anything about it....Fox and Falcon and Falco(I guess) are the only characters that can do anything about the Fox camping lvl and it's still pretty **** hard. and chain grabing MANY people complain about chain grabbing, it's all fun yes but when people say and talk **** about them being better then you cause they chain grab you to death, thats annoying. and saying **** like me "*****ing" about Link pisses me off, thats just a warning don't say **** like that to me again. I'm not *****ing just saying because you asked what I meant by "little skill" and I replied.

x1372 yeah chain grabing does take some skill but......but someone who has some skill and knows how to chain grab, can still beat a pro Link....example GERM fought Manacloud at MLG in san fran now everyone who knows GERM and the DBR crew know GERMs better then Manacloud but because of chain grabbing he lost, now that seems BS to me what about you?

x1372

Smash Ace
Chain throwing is part of the game, and probably link's biggest weakness. You know going into that match that you can NOT let sheik grab you. In that particular instance, manacloud was the better player - he knew the character and the tactic that could beat GERM's link. It doesn't matter if GERM and his link can beat more other players than mana could - he had to beat mana's sheik. He stuck with link, who has a huge problem with sheik's chain throw. He could have switched characters to avoid that. He could have attempted (he probably did) to avoid getting grabbed. He failed on that account, and lost. Mana beat him. Mana, in that instance, was better.

Yeah, maybe that shows some imbalance. Germ was never forced to use link, and he proably knew that mana would pick sheik against link. Maybe he should have a secondary to fend off sheiks and keep his link safe. It's still not a "free" win for manacloud - he still has to get those grabs and execute the chain throw, while avoiding getting killed himself. Winning with less effort is a sign of skill.

Chain throwing is an essential part of the current metagame. Yeah, it may be annoying, Yeah, it may make certain characters' grabs a lot more useful against other characters, but it's part of how the game is played now. If link players can't adapt to avoid the grab... well, maybe they shouldn't be link players, at least not against sheiks.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
it's all good, so basically you don't think it's cheap oh well thats you but not me. I think it is and I HAVE to learn how to play a new character because of a tactic like this, I mean Hyrule temple is banned because NO character can run as fast as Fox besides Fox or Falcon but Falco(only cause he can sorta hit him). so they ban the stage and and NOT force everyone to play as Fox or Falcon to stand a chance on that stage, but chain grabing FORCES me to pick another character. oh well...all is good but this debate can go on forever which I don't want it to so if you wanna say something say it but I don't want to continue this cause it's an opionated agruement and that leads nowhere......

by the way I like your sig, it makes me wanna play Young Link =)

The GERM

Smash Ace
No Jons

OK, about the whole Manacloud MLG thing, I really don't give a sh**. I play this game for a reason, to become the deadliest mother fu**in' Link ever, and if I have to stick with Link just to get owned by a chain grabbing Sheik to get better against her, I'll do it with a smile on my face. Now Manacloud is a great player, I'll give him that. Do I think he's better than me? I don't know, I haven't played him enough. Ok X1372, or Bob, I agree with you on some points you made, no I wasn't forced to pick Link and yes I knew Manacloud was gonna pick Sheik, but I'm not making excuses, I never did, and I never will, it's not my style. Sure most Link players get scared or annoyed when they have to play Sheik, so they counterpick, but I'm not most Link players. I get no pleasure in counterpicking at all, there's no satisfaction in that, and that's what I play for, not money, not ranking or place, but I play for knowing that I can **** the high tier with an mid-tier character and making them think twice before underestimating me. At MLG, I took out 2 good Fox's, 1 Marth and a Falco before I lost to Manacloud and later to Jeremy from WA who both used Sheik against me, but that don't bother me none. Knowing that in all the tournaments I've been to, I've mainly lost to Sheiks, makes me confident in my skills as a Link player.

Now, there's somethings you said I don't agree with. When you said, "It's still not a "free" win for manacloud - he still has to get those grabs and execute the chain throw", you make it sound like it's the hardest thing in the world. Now this is not a disclamer and I'm not making any kind of excuses, but Chain throwing has to be one of the easiest things in the game, especially with Sheik against Link. I don't even play Sheik and I can chain throw a Link to death with ease. It takes effort, if you think effort is pressing the Z button. And you said that in order for me to win the match, I basically have to not get grabbed. Now I don't know if you play Sheik at all or if you've played any good or decent Sheiks on FD, but avoiding the grab and needles isn't the easiest thing in the world with any character. And Manacloud does have an awesome Sheik, he beat Azen in Sheik dittos at MLG NY. But that's besides the point, I'm not by any means making excuses, I'm just stating the facts, If I can go back, I'd pick the same d*** character, I would just play harder........

Zarelid does have a point, a decent Sheik can beat a highly skilled Link with little effort, and for those who don't like it or just feel like their Link can't cut it, that's what counterpicking is for, but I play for other reasons.

x1372

Smash Ace
I never said you were making excuses germ. If you don't counterpick or have a secondary or something to deal with sheiks, that's your decision.

As for what I said, I didn't mean that in general it was particularly hard for sheik to grab link. I simply meant that he doesn't instantly appear in her arms, ready to be tossed around like a ragdoll every life. Sheik's most dangerous offense against link, at any damage, is her grab. As a result, the link player should be doing absolutely everything in his power to avoid said grab. That being the case, the sheik player really should have to work to get that grab, because the link player is fighting tooth and nail against it. It's a similar situation for peach against sheik at high damage - if peach gets grabbed at 100%, that life is almost guaranteed to be over. It's etiher grab to slap or grab to uair, based on peach's DI. That just means that peach needs to stay a step ahead of sheik at high damage - if you don't get grabbed, you can't get thrown into a finisher.

Maybe I didn't say it well, but getting the grab should be difficult for the sheik player, mainly because of the link's efforts to prevent it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
In the second version of smash, they have made Sheik's grab less good. Link can escape out of her chain grab, although in the first version he would be doomed. Its not like chain grabbing is the only thing that beats Link, its her good tilts too, they combo perfectly against Link's weight. In the second version of smash, I would worry more about tilt combos than chain grabbing. Chain grabbing isnt as broken as it used to be, at least for Sheik anyways.

Just curious, but what did the people actually say?
They were saying...
"I lost all respect for you Calibur"
"Thats is so ****ing cheap"
"Come up here *****"
"Scared @$$ *****"
"Oh no we arent going to that level again"

Yeah, well I was being cursed at and such for doing it. I did fight the last person though on his last stock, cause it was a free for all match. At first Id just camped on the guns, he got so freakin pissed, and I got pissed back at him causing he was making me angry by cursing at me, so I just got off the guns and wooped his @$$. (In the game) And whneever I wanted to go back to that stage, everyone is like, NO! Only played that stage twice too. But I recommend not to over use it, like be there from the start of the round to the finish, unless you want to get your feelings hurt. <_<

Eramor

Smash Apprentice
wow Zarelid, I must have really touched off a nerve! Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off. What I was really trying to say, Germ summed up pretty well, so I'm not gonna repeat what he said.

For the gun camping-a way to counter it with Link (or YLink) would be to hang on the edge and throw bombs. he could do that without getting too close, though YLink could jump out and sex kick... I don't see any other way for Link to attack YLink without going down there. OH, and can YLink upstab through the stage at the Great Fox's neck?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
There are a lot of good Link players out there, and some elite, but not as many as there are with Sheik. If a Sheik can beat someone like Zarelid, Germ, or myself, they probably would know why. Chain grabbing requires as much as following their DI and keeping an eye on the percentage. Now you may argue that doing this takes skill, but I’d bet that the majority find it relatively easy, like wavedashing. It takes almost no skill, just a little timing and locking on to their movement. Mana beating Germ because of this does not mean that Mana is better. Whether Germ would have won or lost had Mana not chain grabbed is unknown, but it would have been a fair fight at least.

I can’t speak for most Link players, but I know I speak for at least Zarelid, Germ, and myself when I say we don’t resort to counterpicking characters just to increase the odds of a win. Our job is to represent Link and ascend our levels with Link so that we can not only improve, but show others how fierce he can really get. We’re still learning new strategies and refining what we have already mastered, so we’re not going to stoop to the level of picking a character higher on the tier list just so we can try and get a higher rank at a tournament. You guys say this game was meant for fun, right? Then what’s better, beating someone and getting a ****load of satisfaction, or winning and feeling like you barely put any effort or skill into the mix? You decide.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
honestly I agree with you 100% Lord HDL this game is ALL about fun, and we playing as Link showing that we would like to win but not caring so much about winning that we pick a high tier character like sheika nd only chain grab. those peopel care to much about the game and just want to win where as me and the rest of my Link/YLink fellows care about the game but care about having fun other then just winning.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
honestly I agree with you 100% Lord HDL this game is ALL about fun, and we playing as Link showing that we would like to win but not caring so much about winning that we pick a high tier character like sheika nd only chain grab. those peopel care to much about the game and just want to win where as me and the rest of my Link/YLink fellows care about the game but care about having fun other then just winning.
Assuming that people who play top tier characters only care about winning is just...stupid. Stop being stupid.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Originally posted by frotaz37
Assuming that people who play top tier characters only care about winning is just...stupid. Stop being stupid.
It’s a general statement, there’s no assumption. We’re not dumb enough to stereotype people who use high tiered characters.

Top Bottom