• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y does every1 like pokemn/ wnt them in ssbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyRealName

Smash Rookie
Topic creator is an idiot. He only bases his opinion on the anime, which most agree, sucks. But that is no reason to hate pokemon. The games are where its at. Very challenging if you are able to battle human opponents instead of CPUs.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
frankly, i think that things in science (you know how everyone is talking about evolution) are the only way we can explain things that god has done.

I see evolution as man's way of coping wit hsomething so great. Instead of just saying "O, God did it..." he went and made man have the knowledge to have an explanation for what has happened. Not to say humanity come from monkeys. The way i see this is that long ago, man needed more hair (thus adapted over a long period of time) and the hair on our bodies grew out to compensate for the cold. Over the years, many many years after the intense cold, we have a lesser need for so much hair on our bodies, and in some places in the world this changed to an extent. also,all the hormones and such in processed food have messed us up as well. Evolution could just be the name we give to prolonged adaptation.

now then, for pokemon, i say that it is pretty good. I liked it at first, but grew out in the years after.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Stop trying to press your religion on us (and if you must, please spell it correctly)
I'm not buddist.I'm just saying that most of these poblems are caused by christians.I'm not hating on the religion or disssing any resonable christians.It's just that you can look back and most of these problems are truthfully christian related.

To the person who created this topic:Tell you problems to some-one who cares.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
if your not buddhist, why the hell are you trying to advocate for it. I think that you dont even knwo the basic principles of Buddhism, nothing about the 8fold paths and such. dont be dumb man

Wrath`

Smash Master
if your not buddhist, why the hell are you trying to advocate for it. I think that you dont even knwo the basic principles of Buddhism, nothing about the 8fold paths and such. dont be dumb man
I know about it and want to be one after a big project I had to do on it.I'm just saying that buddhism has not caused any wars or conflicts(exept for tibet)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Shiner...
*Opens mouth*
*Closes it*
*Shakes head*
This isent constructive criticism..
I know this is your first board but da*n...
(By the way please don't make a huge argument about this he wanted it to happen. He told me himself...Also hes not THAT religious, hes just f**king with you all.)

I aplogise for this...
He's with me...
I take full responsibilty, dont neg rep him please...

Shiner although I hate pokemon as well, you cant just say throw them out of Brawl...
Pokemon are here, and there here to stay, no matter what you say and how much you hate them there here to stay. Think of pokemon as like a condom, with all its gay colors. If you don't use a condom you get kids, so basicly if pokemon arent in there, someones gonna replace them, make spinoffs, and ruin the game even more so.

So remember: pokemon is here so Brawl isent turned in a repitive hardcore fanboy game*COUGH HALO COUGH* and always bring protecting fellas =D!

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Your basing your logic in the cartoon.

take some time to look at the games, they acutaly require to use your brain to win (on a competitive level of course)

MooseMan

Smash Rookie
DOOOOOOODDDD!
stop embarassing yourself. Bringing religion into pokemon is just STUPID! Its a Television show! So what if the anime sucks, pokemon are still one of the most like series in the WORLD right now. Just because you don't like pokemon doesn't mean you have to act stupid and make "constructive criticizms" about it. LOLOL!! That's the farthest from constructive criticizm you could possibly get. Although i will agree with you on the topic of Ash's gayness, there's no way Nintendo will just take them out of Brawl because Ash is gay though. I'm not exacatly a big fan of pokemon either, but you don't see me trashing pokemon just because I don't like them.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
My answers are in bold.
First of all, this series clearly puts aside the christian belief that God created everything in its present state. Things don't just evolve! It's not natural! I mean sure, it's a cartoon... but seriously... Seeing as how America primarily has christian beliefs, alot of people from America still like pokemon!!.... WHAT THE HELL!!!

What you thought of evolution is not related to Pokemon evolution at all. Evolution is not just the mutation of species over time but actually growth or development. (Ex: Shiner's mental age hasn't evolved from a two year-old). Pokemon is not the spawn from hell nor is it trying to demoralize Christianity. Pokemon is made Japan and has some Shinto values so there may be contradictions with Christianity though unintentional.

Second of all, Ash Ketchum... until just recently I didn't get the whole "ketchum" all, Ash "Ketchum" thing. The moment I recognized the similarities between the two phrases I paniced. It's like the two gay combination of words just made a baby that was even gayer!!!
It's not just about the whole Ketchum thing either, it's just the gayness of the character in general. Of course he's not going to be in brawl, but it's still terrible to have a character in a cartoon that makes the whole cartoon gay by hiself.

The cartoon(or anime) was bad when it started. But the last name isn't bad. Your user name shine seems much worse. AND don't use "gay" negatively.

Third and lastly, why do the pokemon constantly use their name OVER and OVER again when they ATTACK, when they TALK, I wouldn't even be surprised if they moaned their name while having SEXUAL INTERCOURSE! Why, oh why do they have to use their names constantly? PIKACHU! PIKACHU!!! PIKKAKAACUCCHCUCHCUCHCUCHUCHUCHU!!!!!! THUNDERBOLT DAMIT!

Do you own Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Go to the pokedex then go to cry. THEY ALL SOUND DIFFERENT!
This tells me that you:

1. Have horrible grammar.

2. Know little or nothing about Pokemon

3. Make faulty arguments.

4. Is ten years old.

5. Or just plain stupid

And Pokemon games has a wonderful metagame.

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
But doesn't anybody agree that Ash is even slightly gay?

And then we got bulbasaur over here saving everybody with his VINEWHIP!
That prety much the cheesiest thing I've ever heard of. VINEWHIP...

OOO look at me, gona wipe u w/ this vine.

No.... nobody does that.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Again in bold.
But doesn't anybody agree that Ash is even slightly gay?

Why was ash blushing when ream rocket said something about Misty and Ash as lovers.

And then we got bulbasaur over here saving everybody with his VINEWHIP!
That prety much the cheesiest thing I've ever heard of. VINEWHIP...

What else do you call them vines That Whip People.

No.... nobody does that.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
This thread is coming from the heart. I'm making it because I hate pokemon with such a burning passion, that I thought they deserved a thread putting them down. By the way, this is constructive criticism, I should not be ridiculed by pokemon fans for writing this. These are just a couple of reasons I hate pokemon.
First of all, this series clearly puts aside the christian belief that God created everything in its present state. Things don't just evolve! It's not natural! I mean sure, it's a cartoon... but seriously... Seeing as how America primarily has christian beliefs, alot of people from America still like pokemon!!.... WHAT THE HELL!!!
Second of all, Ash Ketchum... until just recently I didn't get the whole "ketchum" all, Ash "Ketchum" thing. The moment I recognized the similarities between the two phrases I paniced. It's like the two gay combination of words just made a baby that was even gayer!!!
It's not just about the whole Ketchum thing either, it's just the gayness of the character in general. Of course he's not going to be in brawl, but it's still terrible to have a character in a cartoon that makes the whole cartoon gay by hiself.
Third and lastly, why do the pokemon constantly use their name OVER and OVER again when they ATTACK, when they TALK, I wouldn't even be surprised if they moaned their name while having SEXUAL INTERCOURSE! Why, oh why do they have to use their names constantly? PIKACHU! PIKACHU!!! PIKKAKAACUCCHCUCHCUCHCUCHUCHUCHU!!!!!! THUNDERBOLT DAMIT!
Feel free to either agree or disagree with my CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM of the pokemon series. Maybe this thread will knock some sense into those hipocritical christians.
jeez liten up man its just a frikin game
y r they in, its cause theyr ecute dawg
o ya you need to liten up som more
o ya also it isnt antichrist to play a game that has evolving animal things in it its just weird but we lik it:chuckle:
tak some deep breaths befor you explode from your chemically fried brain which caused this outburst

Shuma

Smash Hero
Guys don't feed the troll.

"Ash Ketchum, Pokemon and Pikachu Are Gays lololol" is not an Argument there's nothing to discuss here. Other than Shiner should be suspended or given a Warning.

RWB

Smash Ace
In America, maybe, but in all of the world, Pokemon is ahead of Zelda. Just look at the Diamond and Pearl statistics in Japan.

Koarin, please learn to spell "Buddhism" correctly.

And for the record, "Ketchum" is a real last name.

Actually, Zelda is in 4th place, after Mario(duh!), Pokemon(duh! again) and Donkey Kong.

Just clearing things up.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Unless the DS games suck (they don't come out until June 20-something in Aussie land. *Sigh*), there's no way I'm advocating this ******** thread. And considering that the series was blessed by the Pope, it's hardly 'puts aside the christian belief'.

Besides, God coming down from the heavens and blessing your Mudkip with the Holy Spirit so it can 'see the light' and turn into Marshtomp (but God pulls out at the last minute as he lieks Mudkip) is hardly as entertaining as letting your Pokemon evolve and change based on your own decisions and how you play the game. :3

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Haha pokemon has passed my system, but they are very successful on Nintendo, plus their attributes make them perfect smash characters. i.e. it's a lot easier to create a magmar character w/ fire and smog attacks than it is to make a SNAKE!

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Unless the DS games suck (they don't come out until June 20-something in Aussie land. *Sigh*), there's no way I'm advocating this ******** thread. And considering that the series was blessed by the Pope, it's hardly 'puts aside the christian belief'.
1. The game in friggen' awesome. Wonderful graphics, lengthy storyline, and good Pokemon(except the water types, they suck) this is probiably the best Pokemon games next to Emerald.

2. Did the Pope really bless Pokemon?

The games are so good I'm starting to try to go competitive. Shiner so far you have made arguments against the cartoon. Did you do the game. No. Because they are the best(strategy wise). I wont be surpised if they had 5-8 Pokemons is SSBB.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Cory da**it I told you to stop picking on Pokemon fans! If you want to troll so badly goto IGN forums! You'll get a MUCH better response there anyway! Trust me on this one.

Once again I aplogise on his behalf, and please reccomend that this thred be locked so he can't bump it anymore. Also please don't ban him, he's not as dumb as his typeing shows. >.>;

P.S. Cory was playing Diamond on an Emulator at my house, you shoulda seen how pissed he was when it didn't save his file. Also on my post, I no longer hate pokemon. I played Diamond myself! Great game! Lucario kicks the *** out of any of the others tho, so you Blazekin for Brawl supporters better not get your hopes up! XD

Oh and I seriously doupt 5-9 pokemon will be in Brawl, but one more added defanitly!
*COUGH LUCARIO COUGH*

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Shiner
This thread is coming from the heart. I'm making it because I hate pokemon with such a burning passion, that I thought they deserved a thread putting them down.
Okay.

Shiner
By the way, this is constructive criticism, I should not be ridiculed by pokemon fans for writing this.
What about those of us who aren't Pokemon fans, but still think you're an idiot? Can we ridicule you?

Shiner
These are just a couple of reasons I hate pokemon.
What are they?

Shiner
First of all, this series clearly puts aside the christian belief that God created everything in its present state.
Can I stab you?

Shiner
Things don't just evolve!
Actually, they do... Not exactly like in Pokemon, but you have to consider the fact that it's a video game and isn't real.

Shiner
Seeing as how America primarily has christian beliefs, alot of people from America still like pokemon!!.... WHAT THE HELL!!!
Well most of us aren't ********.

Shiner
What?

Shiner
Third and lastly
WTF? You specifically said you had a "couple of reasons" why you didn't like Pokemon. Now there's 3? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Shiner
why do the pokemon constantly use their name OVER and OVER again when they ATTACK, when they TALK, I wouldn't even be surprised if they moaned their name while having SEXUAL INTERCOURSE! Why, oh why do they have to use their names constantly? PIKACHU! PIKACHU!!! PIKKAKAACUCCHCUCHCUCHCUCHUCHUCHU!!!!!! THUNDERBOLT DAMIT!
Feel free to either agree or disagree with my CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM of the pokemon series. Maybe this thread will knock some sense into those hipocritical christians.
There's really nothing I can add to that that would make you look any stupider then you've already made yourself.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This thread is coming from the heart. I'm making it because I hate pokemon with such a burning passion, that I thought they deserved a thread putting them down. By the way, this is constructive criticism, I should not be ridiculed by pokemon fans for writing this. These are just a couple of reasons I hate pokemon.

First off, your statement is as far from constructive criticism as can be. You use belligerant accusations against a kid's show. And though I hate debating with "The Chosen People", I would match your argument about the non-christian values with a big, ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS? I thought Christians were supposed to be kind and understanding, not condescending hypocritical instigators. The evolution thing? Look it up anywhere. I'm not saying YOUR god doesn't exist or the Christianity is wrong, I'm only saying that it's jsut a game ( one that you don't need to play if you don't want), evolution is backed up by science, while your religion is backed by spoken/written word that has been taken from no credible source, jumbled and rewritten hundreds of times to a point where its so diluted that it will never be proven. So enjoy that you hipocritical zealot.

Edit: like freeman123 said, I'm not a huge fanboy of pokemon, i've dabbled, and I'm arguing about how you make it a matter of religion, and not a matter of why people like it.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against Christian beliefs. my whole family is Christian but when a **** head like shiner comes around saying that everything and everyone ever should be Christian and whoever isn't should be burned on a cross it makes me want to beat the **** out of you. ****ing selfish SoB's

Shiner you're an idiot. Now everyone is gonna be a pokemon just to **** you up in brawl.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I agree with you strider, I have nothing against Christianity, I just think a hippocrit calling other people hippocrits may just tear a hole in the space-time continuum. And we wouldn't want that to happen because of a simple debate about Pokemon.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
For me I still like the games, (everything else is crap) just picked up Pearl myself. If you can get past the disgustingly cute exterior theirs a nice deep game in the center.

LUCARIO FOR BRAWL!

Shiner...your ********...the end...no argument...one in four americans is ********...the end...and oh yes, god hates you.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hahaha the 1st post makesme laugh, shiner im guessin u dont like zelda either, cause 3 gods created the world, not just one, oh noes!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I didn't know God wanted us to be miserable and have no fun at all, and to enjoy completely innocent cartoons...

I also didn't know that cartoons had to follow the laws of science exactly...

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
I have nothing against Christian beliefs. my whole family is Christian but when a **** head like shiner comes around saying that everything and everyone ever should be Christian and whoever isn't should be burned on a cross it makes me want to beat the **** out of you. ****ing selfish SoB's

Shiner you're an idiot. Now everyone is gonna be a pokemon just to **** you up in brawl.
1st of all, I would like to see that happen.

If you all could show me why pokemon is such a good series and/or game, please do. I may reconsider my thoughts on pokemon. But until then, I can not possibly see why anyone would watch that gay *** show with ash and his gay companions.

On another subject, I have discovered Magicarp to be the gayest of all pokemon. He doesn't do ****... SPLASH! nothing... How do u expect me to level magicarp into garidos if it DOESNT DO ANYTHING!!!

elev135

Smash Cadet
1st of all, I would like to see that happen.

If you all could show me why pokemon is such a good series and/or game, please do. I may reconsider my thoughts on pokemon. But until then, I can not possibly see why anyone would watch that gay *** show with ash and his gay companions.
I could show you but that would be a waste of my personal time.
now tell me what makes you not gay

On another subject, I have discovered Magicarp to be the gayest of all pokemon. He doesn't do ****... SPLASH! nothing... How do u expect me to level magicarp into garidos if it DOESNT DO ANYTHING!!!
1. use magicarp as front
2.random encounter
3.swap to another pokémon at the beginning
4.kill the enemy
5.magicarp gets exp
6.??????????
7.PROFIT

also learn to spell. its annoying to real all that crap it its writn lyk dish

elev135

Smash Cadet
oh shiner i just watched the video in you sig
you dont have all the stages? o.O