• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XIF Proudly Presents: Brawl-Lawl, the amazing EVO2K8 (and other) combo video.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
What made it look so dumb in most of those cases is that evo2k8 had items on, especially smash balls

Brawl > Melee people will say that CPU won because he made better usage of the items and smashballs

Melee > Brawl people to be honest were occupied with throwing up in their mouths as they could tell that Ken was the better player when no items were on the field

Seriously when a FS makes you invincible and allows a pseudo infinite chaingrab that is stupid on many levels

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh wow! Another video showing how much Barlw sux! And with EVO commentary, too. I'm glad I watched this, because without this video I would have never known that SRK is full of raving lunatics and that Smash Balls are unfit for 1v1 play!

Seriously, though. Props for the music, but this is only going to make a bad problem worse. I understand it was only made for the lulz, but people will use this as an excuse to be d*cks for no reason.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Oh wow! Another video showing how much Barlw sux! And with EVO commentary, too. I'm glad I watched this, because without this video I would have never known that SRK is full of raving lunatics and that Smash Balls are unfit for 1v1 play!

Seriously, though. Props for the music, but this is only going to make a bad problem worse. I understand it was only made for the lulz, but people will use this as an excuse to be d*cks for no reason.
QQ moar, plz. This video is for entertainment purposes. Stop trying to come here and make it so **** serious. Jeez.

Edit: Oh, wait, you're that guy who loves items, right? Of course you'd come here and white about this video. :lol:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I understand it was only made for the lulz...

Jack Kieser said:
C ) Just because you have the right to speak doesn't mean you HAVE to. Sometimes, keeping your mouth shut, though hard it may be, is the more responsible approach (also known as DON'T FEED THE TROLL!).
I lol'ed at this vid, sure, but I'm not sure that a cheap laugh is worth more sh*tstorms, to be honest. And someone is going to cause another SWF v. SRK sh*tstorm, trust me. :(

EDIT: I hate playing with items, dude. That's like the 42nd time I've said that. But, I'll defend someone else's right to want to play with them, sure.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Who gives a ****? **** SRK and their ******* members who have their heads up their *****. The video was funny, and isn't this what games are actually about? Having fun, laughing and enjoying it? If this is how XIF enjoys his time with Brawl, don't moan about it. You do what you do, he'll do what he does. He did nothing wrong by posting this video.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Who gives a ****? **** SRK and their ******* members who have their heads up their *****. The video was funny, and isn't this what games are actually about? Having fun, laughing and enjoying it? If this is how XIF enjoys his time with Brawl, don't moan about it. You do what you do, he'll do what he does. He did nothing wrong by posting this video.
A ) The 'funny' part is debatable.
2 ) No, games are about playing to win, not having fun. :chuckle:
D ) Time will tell if anything bad comes from this. If not, I'll be quite happy to be proven wrong. If so, the boards will become a little more insufferable, and no one wants that (to the extent of my knowledge).

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
A ) The 'funny' part is debatable.
2 ) No, games are about playing to win, not having fun. :chuckle:
D ) Time will tell if anything bad comes from this. If not, I'll be quite happy to be proven wrong. If so, the boards will become a little more insufferable, and no one wants that (to the extent of my knowledge).
A) Each to his own.
2) But winning is fun, no? :)
D) Once again, no one gives a **** about SRK, and if the children on Smashboards get their panties in a knot over this, then so be it. They can whine somewhere else.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
That was hilarious thanks :D
I dunno which made me laugh more, the music or the footage, but the part i laughed the most was the SD at luigis mansion

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I love you, Xif.

@Orichalcum: That, my friend, was what the community refers to as "Planking." You pretty much run around as MK while you have a slim lead on your opponent. As a result, your opponent will get so frustrated that they'll just SD.

Smooth Criminal

pridy

:]
i like how you synced the music and footage on the chaingrab (falco)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey, I'm in this video, getting owned. <3

thats just reflex. He didnt get mad so much as be reflex. He's an animated guy, he played bowser in melee and would sync his f smashes in game and IRL.
Quoted for truth.

This video makes me smile a lot.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
To clarify, I bobbled the controller in a "I'm taken aback" animation of sorts. I love how the camera angle makes it look more like a "fuck this shit" animation of sorts.

I was simply disappointed at my getting caught there. Honestly, I wanted to see if I could get a silly Bite infinite or something to please the crowd.

EazyP

Smash Ace
It was pretty great but could of had more chaingrabbing, I'm a fan of chaingrabbing you know

Also Rob's Thizz Face attack is broken

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
man, when i watch this video it takes away a lot of intensive to get good at this game, personally

just doesnt seem worthy of my time when better fighters abound...

Top Bottom