• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xerom's Repository of Miscellaneous Modifications - *Notice*

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
it goes over skyworld with no .rel, so use one of those.

Also gonna post a goodie when I get home

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You could say that

Falcon also has one to go back to as well

there's more to it than meets the eye

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
That Port Town is freaking sweet! Just wanted to let that out :p it's my favorite of your stages so far, along with Bridge of Eldin. Keep it up!

Kati

Smash Lord
Port Town is almost awesome, but at best, the side platforms are a redundancy, and at worst they degrade the stage quite a bit. The timer is far too large and incoherent for people to catch on, and they stick out for a long time, which outright prevents tether recoveries.

One tilting platform is enough to define a stage. It doesn't need Yoshi styled platforms.

So close to being O_O awesome!!!11!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Port Town is almost awesome, but at best, the side platforms are a redundancy, and at worst they degrade the stage quite a bit. The timer is far too large and incoherent for people to catch on, and they stick out for a long time, which outright prevents tether recoveries.

One tilting platform is enough to define a stage. It doesn't need Yoshi styled platforms.

So close to being O_O awesome!!!11!
Thanks for the feedback. I can easily implement said changes.
tbh, I was trying to implement a notification for the platforms before they appear, but was running into issues with it, so I omitted the idea temporarily.

Last edited:

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
as much as i love the platforms coming out the sides, even after the fix you posted, tethers still interact pretty strangely. if the platform's extended, tethers can't seem to connect to the main platform unless you're above the sliding platform already. if i could make a suggestion tho, is it possible to make the edges of the sliding platforms grabbable?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
but that's what I did???
let me recheck the files.

Last edited:

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
i'll recheck too then >.> i possibly replaced the wrong file. if so, i apologize

edit: rechecked and it's still not letting me grab them. i've tried both versions of the fixed ledges .pac

the no sliding platforms version seems to work fine

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
i'll recheck too then >.> i possibly replaced the wrong file. if so, i apologize

edit: rechecked and it's still not letting me grab them. i've tried both versions of the fixed ledges .pac

the no sliding platforms version seems to work fine
I put the collisions on backwards. Whoops. Redownload.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
thank you<3 works perfectly now. while we're on the subject of grabbable ledges, is it possible to make the outer blocks on your Yoshi's Island (Melee) X stage grabbable while still being destructable? i don't really know the limitations of stage editing. sorry if i'm being too needy d:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It's very much possible to do that, so I'll throw it your way when I get to it.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
working on this:

with platform positioning based on this:

The pipes are also positioned so that it looks like you respawn out of them.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
working on this:

with platform positioning based on this:

The pipes are also positioned so that it looks like you respawn out of them.
That awkward moment when you realize Mario and Luigi come out of a pipe from the ground that appears out of nowhere.

What happens when you hit the POW blocks? Are they just for Style Points like Smashville balloons, or is it just in the background?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It acts as a mini platform. When I was done ironing the bugs out, I was gonna report it over Mario Bros. so that is has a proper hit collision.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Oh.. It would be nice to have a map in PM that encourages people to fight in the center of the map if they wanna do something pointless.

Is there a way to make a platform part of the background after you've interacted with it?

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to drop by and say your stages are pretty awesome i pretty much have incorporated most (if not all) of them into my own personal build and can't wait to see what else is in store.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
For the bin2JPG errors... you need to retake the screens again, since the wii may not send 100% of the data to your SD card... causing it to corrupt.

Also, sorry for not recontacting you for more details about Bowser Sky arena 64 Stage. I have a bunch of promises I owe first.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

For the bin2JPG errors... you need to retake the screens again, since the wii may not send 100% of the data to your SD card... causing it to corrupt.

Also, sorry for not recontacting you for more details about Bowser Sky arena 64 Stage. I have a bunch of promises I owe first.
I figured as much, but it was a hassle going back and forth seeing which pictures would work and which wouldn't.
Also, it's cool. Take your time.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I actually wanted to try this stage, but every time I select it, the game soft crashes. Any idea why?
Did you use the included .rel? It's required.
Did you rename the file correctly for the stage you wanted to replace? Maybe there's a naming mistake somewhere.

Fortress

Smash Master
Thought I'd say that my crew and I are really enjoying your stages, @ Xermo Xermo . So much so that five of the eleven stages we're using at our local monthly are yours lol.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Thought I'd say that my crew and I are really enjoying your stages, @ Xermo Xermo . So much so that five of the eleven stages we're using at our local monthly are yours lol.
Heheh, thanks. Glad you guys enjoy my work. Means a lot.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try and get my friend to download your maps on his Wii. Haha if I get my own Wii setup, I'm definitely gonna use them.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Yo! I just want to say your work is fantastic! Love the design for the Mario bros one, just want to ask, how do you implement this into a custom stage with the stage expansion, I used the stage in 1b and the .rel and it didn't seem to work for me, probably just me though.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yo! I just want to say your work is fantastic! Love the design for the Mario bros one, just want to ask, how do you implement this into a custom stage with the stage expansion, I used the stage in 1b and the .rel and it didn't seem to work for me, probably just me though.
Thanks. As for your problem, you'd want to convert a fresh battlefield rel to stgcustom using this site: http://www.lakora.us/rel/

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
What is the base stage for your stages?
If I use the one they're based on the games crashes

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What is the base stage for your stages?
If I use the one they're based on the games crashes
Most use battlefield as the base. If the rel file I included is 15.8kb, the it's battlefield.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Sckewl work. Not to mentiontion I need to order a new charger for my laptop.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I just checked out your Port Town stage, and it's amazing work; now I can enjoy the visuals of Port Town while having a neutral F-Zero stage :D

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I can't help but feel like there's a better place to set the Bridge of Eldin redux.

Did you try setting the stage on one of the arches above the beginning of each side of the bridge?
If those models were changed slightly so they were a bit flatter on top, I feel like the stage would have a more interesting background than pulling a PM Green Hill Zone and making the stage an extra platform in front of the Brawl stage, but I don't know what it looks like.

Top Bottom