• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xerom's Repository of Miscellaneous Modifications - *Notice*

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Also, when you do add the Wheellies, could you make the Waddle Dee's actually move around? Just something simple so it doesn't take long, like back and forth or something.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'll think about it. there isn't much walking "space" on the ship to begin with.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Let's see:
1) I opened BrawlBox and opened up my common5 on my SD card
2) Found Misc 30, 40, and 70 and replaced them using the replace function after right clicking.
3) Saved the common5 and put it into my SD card (but it did save as common_en)
4) Took the Code.gct and fused it with RSBE01 on my SD card using fusionizer.

That's all I did. Maybe delete the old common5 and rename the new one?

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
That was on the original to-do list. I'll get around to it after other things are taken care of.

On a side note, I'm working on an Eldin edit, but I'm skeptical on whether or not I should release it.
I would enjoy an Eldin edit. All of the stages you put out are quality, and my friends think they're cool.

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
That was on the original to-do list. I'll get around to it after other things are taken care of.

On a side note, I'm working on an Eldin edit, but I'm skeptical on whether or not I should release it.
I would enjoy an Eldin edit. All of the stages you put out are quality, and my friends think they're cool.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Let's see:
1) I opened BrawlBox and opened up my common5 on my SD card
2) Found Misc 30, 40, and 70 and replaced them using the replace function after right clicking.
3) Saved the common5 and put it into my SD card (but it did save as common_en)
4) Took the Code.gct and fused it with RSBE01 on my SD card using fusionizer.

That's all I did. Maybe delete the old common5 and rename the new one?
Yes, rename common5_en simply as common5.
Brawlbox tends to do that.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Yes, rename common5_en simply as common5.
Brawlbox tends to do that.
Still didn't work. Now the game also crashes 2 seconds into a game. Should I try starting with a fresh build? I'm working off of Calabrel's build.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Start fresh, then build upwards from there.

Pic related:

The twilight platforms on both sides move. Don't mind the alternate colour scheme, I'll include a normal version as well.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Start fresh, then build upwards from there.
I tried with a stock build from the pmbr website, and replaced the common5 again, but still didn't work. Should I delete the fusionizer and code.gct after fusing? I honestly don't know what's wrong lol.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Gallery

I'll update later on with a fixed bridge version

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
o, I'll fix that.

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
Amazing stage design Xermo. I do enjoy Hyrule Castle 64 however, so I'm going to just put this over Rainbow Cruise.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
No, they're always present. They just move around.
Having them phase in and out could piss a lot of people off.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
i'd imagine as long as there was a slight visual cue as a warning, it wouldn't be that bad. regardless, i'm really enjoying your X stages. it's always been hard to find decently tame stages that are still interesting and have their own feel, but you seem to have hit the nail on the head with all of them so far. keep up the good work :3

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Well consider a request for a phasing version if you're ever bored. I would love to see them come in like the bridge when it returns.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Soopercool has a similar vision to what I wanted in a balanced NPC. Upon opening the file I discovered that he removed the 3rd center platform (probably for size reasons idk) as well as the limo. So I simply re-added them in and adjusted the background so it isn't so far away.
The reason I took out the center platform was simply because I didn't like the giant top platform that it has.

I really like your stages, btw. Your Eldin and Yoshi's Island edits are especially awesome.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm planning something for PM...

Wanna help out?
Nice! Reskins for the other maps you fight Bowser at would be cool.
Also, I'd like to see a Luigi's Mansion map re-done to it's actual proportions, where you fight on the roof or balcony.
A Sector Z reskin for Corneria's background would be awesome too.
Finally, a City Escape map would be amazing.

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
I've been testing a few stages on P:M. Isle Delfino and Halberd (with alt-cam) is freaking awesome!

I've also tried Brinstar over P:M's Brinstar and had camera issues (stage was very close to the bottom screen). Although I know that the stage was suppose to be over Norfair.

Bridge of Eldin is really nice. I hope there'll be a more competitive version (maybe lower/remove the top platform and make the main platform thicker with curved edges for recovering).

Can't wait to see what Port Town Aero Dive looks like!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I've also tried Brinstar over P:M's Brinstar and had camera issues (stage was very close to the bottom screen). Although I know that the stage was suppose to be over Norfair.
That shouldn't cause camera issues as far as I know. I have mine on Brinstar and it works fine for me...

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
That shouldn't cause camera issues as far as I know. I have mine on Brinstar and it works fine for me...
I've tested it again. Same testing as before (forgot to mention that it has norfair-to-brinstar rel) and I still have the same issue. This one was with the metroids (I'm can't remember the other time I tried it).

Maybe it's because I created the wrong rel?

Fortress

Smash Master
I have the same issue. Norfair>Brinstar .REL file, and the camera's 'centered' such that the stage is nearly always at the very bottom of the screen, and you can't see anything below the ledge.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ah, I think I understand the issue now. Though it goes over Norfair by default, I based it on P:M's norfair, which utilizes a FD rel to function correctly.
Try converting a FD rel to brinstar and see if that works. If not, I'll just supply my own.

On that note, here's something I've been working on:

Textures are subject to change.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
That's interesting. But what could you use those smaller platforms for..? I feel like it'd be kind of hard to even set your opponent up for a tech chase on them, let alone fight from. I like the layout of the bottom three platforms, though.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I can include a version without the top platforms.

Fortress

Smash Master
So, I'm running into some other hiccoughs since I don't know anything about anything. Putting Bridge of Eldin up over Corneria, and I'm using a BoE>Corneria .REL. Should I be using a Battlefield one, or something? Or do these two stages just not like one another?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You need a battlefield rel for that one.

Fortress

Smash Master
Pfffffffffft ****ing knew it. I've been running back and forth wondering what in the world I was doing wrong.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Ah, I think I understand the issue now. Though it goes over Norfair by default, I based it on P:M's norfair, which utilizes a FD rel to function correctly.
Try converting a FD rel to brinstar and see if that works. If not, I'll just supply my own.

On that note, here's something I've been working on:

Textures are subject to change.
That's pretty cool! What game is that stage supposed to be from?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That's pretty cool! What game is that stage supposed to be from?
No game, actually! My cousin told asked me to make a stage from an image he saw.
Speaking of which:

It's pretty much finalized. Just gotta fix spawn points and a few small things.

juan oso

Smash Rookie
Do you have any plans to release a swimmable version of your Delfino Plaza Stage? I really love your work but the no swimmable water it's a little strange for me xD.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I dig your stages and CSS.
Have you figured out how to tag people out without removing their controllers? I really like your CSS but that does get tedious during friendlies.

Aldolies

Smash Rookie
I got a question about the emerald cavern, with which rel it works? beacuse my project M froze when i try it out

Top Bottom