• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenoblade Content

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am super excited to not only see Shulk is full HD glory but to confirm that there will be Xenoblade content. Currently, Gaur Plains is a stage for the Wii U and maybe 3DS version. What other content to do you "forsee" being in Super Smash Bros.? Assist Trophies, items, trophies, Smash Run enemies, music, etc.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
We definitely need some mechon in Smash run. I can definitely see trophies of some of the other cast, Dunban and Riki already a given in that department considering their current role. Musics a hard one because there are way too many good songs in that game. Items... I can't really think of anything honestly. Assist trophies would probably be good for some the other part members.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Metal Face should totally be a boss in Smash.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So far:

- Dunban and Riki are a part of Shulk's Final Smash
- Riki seems like he is an assist trophy

I reckon we'll see a form of Mechon as an enemy within Smash Run.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I can confirm that Gaur Plains is also a stage for the 3DS version.

Besides Shulk himself, I really look forward to all the beautiful music from the series being in Smash.

Fistex

Smash Rookie
We also got a very good Gaur Plains remix and You Will Know Our Names as music.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

This must be in Smash. It's too amazing.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Metal Face can't be a boss. He'd be invincible except when using Diddy Kong. He's the only one that can reliably inflict Topple :awesome:

For real though I want an Engage the Enemy remix and a Reyn Time assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I hope that the other Xenoblade party members (like Reyn, Sharla, Melia, and Seven) all gets some love. Hopefully the Final Smash randomizes who participates in it. I also expect them to have trophies too.
The most obvious thing that we need are Mechon in Smash Run. I would be incredibly surprised if they didn't show up.
As for music, I hope that we see Mechanical Rhythm, Unfinished Battle, One Who Gets in Our Way, Satorl Marsh - Night, Colony 9, and Engage the Enemy.
I doubt the party members in the Final Smash will be changed, just because Dunban and Riki are on the poster. We'll most likely get one of them as an Assist Trophy, hopefully Reyn, and regular trophies for the others. And I agree with your musical selections and would also add
Zanza's theme. It's got that epic feel to it.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
So far:

- Dunban and Riki are a part of Shulk's Final Smash
- Riki seems like he is an assist trophy

I reckon we'll see a form of Mechon as an enemy within Smash Run.
I don't think he's an AT too. When he's standing next to Shulk, he says his name aloud. Maybe he's also one of Shulk's B moves?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I don't think he's an AT too. When he's standing next to Shulk, he says his name aloud. Maybe he's also one of Shulk's B moves?
Well, there is a possibility that Riki could either be an assist trophy or as maybe one of Shulk's moves as you have stated. Guess all I can say is that we'll get the answers by the time the game comes out in Japan.

As for the other characters, I do expect the likes of Reyn, Melia, Sharla, Fiora, Dickson and the other characters will get referenced in Smash in some way. As for what it will be, I do not know for the time being.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I kind of assumed the Riki cameo was one of Shulk's taunts or something. Anyway, it's neat to see him and Dunban as part of Shulk's final smash. Since Reyn isn't in the FS I'm thinking he's likely an assist trophy instead. A Melia assist could be interesting as well. Sharla will probably just be a regular trophy.

As for Metal Face, it's quite apparent he's a boss. One I didn't expect, but he's pretty much the perfect choice for a Xenoblade boss.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
What are the names of the songs played in the trailer? I think there were two, right?

nvm found em.

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
D

Deleted member

Personally I'd love "One who gets in our way" in there but oh well I still love all the music either way.
I bet that there are more Xenoblade tracks. I have a tough time believing that we will just get three tracks from Xenoblade. I bet that One Who Gets in Our Way is one of them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I would LOVE for the Mass-Produced Faces to be Smash Run enemies, as well as those floating Mechon that Jade Face summons when you fight him for the last time. That one Mechon with the tentacles would be pretty interesting; instead of performing generic attacks, it could grab players from far away, pull them into the ground, and throw them. The Telethia would be interesting as well, particularly the giant floating fish-like one you encounter late in the game.

For an assist trophy, it would be funny if the Colonel would pop up and start lecturing you--he could be a more dangerous version of Mr. Resetti.

Melia, in mine opinion, would definitely make an interesting Assist Trophy. She could use either her Mind Blast attack, in which she discharges a powerful surge of magick from her hand that expands as it travels, or her Shadow Stitch spell, which binds nearby opponents, making them completely unable to move.

Oh, and Guar Plains is a stage on the 3DS version as well. If you look closely in the below image, you can make out Mechonis's Sword.

I bet that there are more Xenoblade tracks. I have a tough time believing that we will just get three tracks from Xenoblade. I bet that One Who Gets in Our Way is one of them.
Personally, I am hoping for Prologue B. That one has got to be mine favourite. Oh, and The Night Before the Decisive Battle.

Last edited:

Killswitch0078

Smash Rookie
The worst part about the 3DS version is that you can only have 2 songs per stage. It's almost a 100% chance that those 2 songs will be Gaur Plains and You Will Know Our Names. I do hope the rock remix of Gaur Plains you can here in the trailer gets in though.

Glorfindel

Smash Rookie
Stages: Colony 9, Eryth Sea and The Fallen Arm.
Music: Unfinished Battle (!!), Time to Fight, One Who Gets in Our Way, Colony 9, Fight! and Zanza.
Assist Trophy's: The whole team, but its unlikely. Riki is confirmed at least.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Welp I was wrong. Riki is an AT too. Just seems weird he's both a FS and an AT. That's without precident.

Prior to the reveal, I was hoping Riki'd be like King Dedede's forward B and you could throw him. :D

PS Xenoblade gets an AT before the Donkey Kong series? Sakurai, you monkey hatin' rascal.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Xenoblade item? Hmm...
I made a joke post about some of the funnier Xenoblade collectibles once.
Lol, xenoblade items...

Let's see what I can find on google images for some of these...

"Dolphin carrot,"
"Spicy banana,"
"Dilemma Rock,"
"Rainbow slug"
"Macro Passion"
"Sharla named this on impulse. A passionate ball of red thread."

"Juicy Steakplant"
"Angry Monkey"
"Wet rat"
"Despair clover,"
For a serious idea... Ether rifle? It can't fire in as quick of succession as other guns in smash 4, but the ether bullet travels very fast and has high power.

Reyn's driver - Character keeps the driver in front of them when standing still and it blocks many kinds of enemy attacks, like when Link stands still better. Like most Smash items, can be used as a weapon too. Attacks with the driver are slow but powerful. Perhaps the driver slows movement down too.

Juju's buggy - Try to crash it into people

:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Since Metal Face doesn't appear in Gaur Plain as a stage boss, I predict that he may appear in some sort of Boss Battles mode for the WiiU version. The modes for the WiiU version haven't been highlighted yet, however I feel like we can expect there to be a lot more in terms of modes and content in the WiiU version than the 3DS version, and for the experience overall to be grander. I wouldn't even be surprised if it outdid Brawl in terms of modes and content.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing Metal Face will be a boss somewhere in the Wii U version, or an Assist Trophy if some of those are version exclusive (I don't know).

Or...is it possible he could actually be playable? As Mumkhar, naturally. I think it's unlikely, but given what happened with Pittoo, it's not somefin we should rule out.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Metal Face will be a boss somewhere in the Wii U version, or an Assist Trophy if some of those are version exclusive (I don't know).

Or...is it possible he could actually be playable? As Mumkhar, naturally. I think it's unlikely, but given what happened with Pittoo, it's not somefin we should rule out.
Spoilerisms

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Have we seen any other Xenoblade content? Trophies? Smash run enemies? Anything?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm personally hoping for Metal
Face to be in the hypothetical Boss Battles mode for Wii U (or maybe a stage boss for the Wii U version only), a Melia AT using Mind Blast to temporarily seal B moves (again, probably only on the Wii U version) and
Fiora (in her half-Mechon form) as a possible DLC newcomer

In addition, more songs for the Wii U like One Who Gets in Our Way, Tragic Decision, Time to Fight!, and Vision Reacts.

Top Bottom