• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Legends ClimaX: The Xbox Series X/S's 'Ultimate' Smash (Nominating Final Base Game Content (Stages))

Should we include 4th Party Content

• Total voters

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Top 2 for each added)

Female Fighter
1 Glados 9
2 Judy Nails 4
2 Kasumi 4
4 Dark Queen 2
5 Charity 2

We will have a tiebreaker poll for Judy Nails & Kasumi available below.

https://strawpoll.com/1MnwOo8a1n7

Throwback Fighter
1 Fulgore 12
2 Voodoo Vince 4

3 Jetman 3
4 Beat 2

Job 17 - Nominate a fighter from a series that had at least 1 entry published by Microsoft. Microsoft does not need to own the series so series like Shenmue & Mass Effect are eligible.

Here is a full list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_video_games

Shenmue 2
Outrun 2
Marathon 2: Durandal (Bungie who are independent as of 2007)
Jade Empire
Tetris Splash
Mass Effect
Rez HD
Too Human
Ninja Blade
Trials HD

Will edit or post my nominee later.

After we lock in these fighters we will do Schnee117's clone/echo job but will wait since it would probably be better to know all available options.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
But wait,how GLaDOS will fight?,for me she works as a boss,not a fighter
I honest had the same reservations when i 1st saw the nominee but KneeOfJustice99 did a great job diving into how it could work (scale her down a little, have her floating using some sort of ring in her upper half based on some concept art).

Job #016A:
Character Name: GLaDOS
Character Origin: Portal
Franchise: Portal

I first want to point out that the massive success of the Orange Box on the Xbox 360 cannot be understated - especially as a (temporary) Xbox and Windows exclusive. Plus, Valve is pretty much at its height in this era... but which iconic female character from the Orange Box makes sense to bring over here?

Sorry, Alyx fans.

GLaDOS might be unexpected, but I think she'd be incredibly adept at representing arguably the most important element in the Portal series - the test chambers themselves. If we scale her down just a little (not too much!) and give her upper segment a floating ring of sorts similar to some of her concept art, she'd work well - plus, I can imagine her moveset would be fantastic. Imagine her bringing out Turrets, beams and incinerators emitting from different bits of machinery, putting up a wall stylised after the test chambers themselves - and if push comes to shove, just whacking someone with her "head"? That'd be fun.

Plus, GLaDOS is probably one of the best-known villains in video games... outright, acts as another villainous character with a wonderfully unique personality, brings Valve into the fold in a unique but fascinating way, has tons of moveset potential, and would absolutely turn heads. I think she'd be amazing.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Job 17: Alan Wake

View attachment 380152

Alan Wake is the eponymous protagonist from a Horror game duology, he is a novelist

Alan Wake (the game) is a very famous game,also the game have a sequel on this year
Sorry, this is a great choice (& a potential front-runner for dlc) but our game is releasing in 2009 & Alan Wake released in 2010.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
But wait,how GLaDOS will fight?,for me she works as a boss,not a fighter
I honest had the same reservations when i 1st saw the nominee but KneeOfJustice99 did a great job diving into how it could work (scale her down a little, have her floating using some sort of ring in her upper half based on some concept art).
I can dive into this a little, if it helps!

My idea was mainly based on a combination of this piece of concept art, Portal 2's ATLAS and P-Body (which haven't been revealed yet, but think of a similar kind of visual language on how they're designed), and just a little bit of creative liberty. The halo would float overhead with some sort of floating technology (with a similar, stylised appearance to the Test Chambers!), allowing GLaDOS's original "body" to hang underneath (scaled down a bit, but think just a little taller than your average person, like maybe a similar height to Sam.) That way, you still get GLaDOS's iconic and imposing design, whilst having it in a playable form factor!

Results (Top 2 for each added)

Female Fighter
1 Glados 9
2 Judy Nails 4
2 Kasumi 4
4 Dark Queen 2
5 Charity 2

We will have a tiebreaker poll for Judy Nails & Kasumi available below.

https://strawpoll.com/1MnwOo8a1n7

Throwback Fighter
1 Fulgore 12
2 Voodoo Vince 4

3 Jetman 3
4 Beat 2

Job 17 - Nominate a fighter from a series that had at least 1 entry published by Microsoft. Microsoft does not need to own the series so series like Shenmue & Mass Effect are eligible.

Here is a full list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_video_games

Shenmue 2
Outrun 2
Marathon 2: Durandal (Bungie who are independent as of 2007)
Jade Empire
Tetris Splash
Mass Effect
Rez HD
Too Human
Ninja Blade
Trials HD

Will edit or post my nominee later.

After we lock in these fighters we will do Schnee117's clone/echo job but will wait since it would probably be better to know all available options.
Character Name: Amelia Black
Character Origin: Age of Empires III (2005)
Franchise: Age of Empires

Whilst this is a resubmission from an older job, I do genuinely think Amelia would be a good call for something like this (and having just submitted Ryo Hazuki in the last job, I don't want to come across as beating a dead horse too much.) But, I may as well dive a little deeper into why her specifically.

Firstly, Amelia is a representative of the mainline Age of Empires series, which - as of yet - isn't directly represented in this roster, since the only representative we have for the franchise as a whole thus far is Arkantos from Age of Mythology. Now, Age of Empires is big. Like, really big. Age of Empires III specifically was one of the best-selling games in the year of its release, the series as a whole has been around since 1997, and the real-time strategy genre is a pretty important, if overlooked, part of video gaming history overall. On top of this, Age of Empires III recieved expansions until 2009, meaning it's still decently relevant by the time we get here.

Amelia specifically is also notable for a few reasons. Previously, the Age of Empires series hadn't focused much on individuals, generally focusing more on the empires as a whole - but Age of Empires III's campaign follows the Black family through a series of Acts throughout modern human history... narrated by Amelia. Not only this, but she's the central character in the base game's final act. This puts her in a unique position to actually represent the series with a character as opposed to just a prominent historical figure (such as, say, Napoleon Bonaparte, George Washington, or Tokugawa Ieyasu), as well as being notable for being a female character (which, even now, we're kind of lacking in!) and someone with a unique visual design compared to her contemporaries.

Next up, moveset potential. Amelia's already got a double-barrelled shotgun that could make her pretty decent on its own (maybe with an attack where she strikes forward with the butt of the shotgun, as well as obviously firing it), but I think taking advantage of the fact that she's from the Old West would work really well in our favour. Giving her equipment such as a lasso, sticks of dynamite, and a revolver for more close-up attacks, wouldn't be out of place - plus, I think it'd work well to have Amelia have a unique strategic mechanic.

Like in her story, she's accompanied by her grand-uncle Ká:nien - a proud Mohawk warrior of the Iroquois - who is capable of using both a bow and arrow for ranged attacks, and powerful slashes with his tomahawk close-up. Therefore, I think (as a method of representing the series' strategy roots), it'd work well to have Ká:nien stick with Amelia, having one of her specials allow her to set Ká:nien into either "defend" (where he'll follow her and attack people who get close), or "stand" (where he'll remain in place, but will fire arrows at opponents close to him.) That way, she has more of a strategic feel than other characters.

So, yeah. Whilst Amelia might not immediately spring to mind as the most exciting or obvious pick, she has plenty of pedigree, uniqueness, and potential that'd make her stand out from almost any other candidate for inclusion - all whilst representing a game series that's honestly pretty important to Microsoft as a brand. She'd be a lot of fun to include, and I think it'd be nice to see her get her chance to shine here.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Nathan Zachary (Crimson Skies)
For his basic attacks, he would gain original moves like Falcon, but for his specials, he would summon planes to attack the fighters.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Well our tiebreaker was tied 3-3, removing my vote for Judy Nails means Kasumi will be added to the roster.

My fighter nominee will be Geena from Fuzion Frenzy. Microsoft's answer to Mario Party which saw a sequel in 2007. Any character could have worked but went with Geena since she is also a skate/snowboarder & thought you could do interesting things with that & loosely rep those genres too.

Nominees

Commander Shepherd (darkvortex)
Shu (Schnee117)
Amelia Black (KneeOfJustice99)
Nathan Zachary (Northsouthmap)
Geena (nirvanafan)

Vote for your Top 2, self votes in 2nd. Top 2 overall will be added.

1 Amelia Black
2 Shu

After this we will nominate & vote in 2 echoes/clones. This will actually leave our roster at 33 (32 was the original plan) not sure we want to let that slide or if we want to maybe vote one of our newcomers to a Mewtwo/Piranha Plant/Joker situation being shown before launch as our 1st update/dlc fighter releasing a month or 2 after launch.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
  1. Shu (Honestly a pretty fun pick, and I think he'd have both an interesting moveset as well as being a decent opportunity to appeal to Japanese markets.)
  2. Geena (I think this one's pretty inspired, and a skate/snowboarder of sorts feels like a genuinely pretty fun inclusion that'd be pretty unique here.)
I honestly think keeping it to 32 base-game characters would be for the best, and then maybe shunting one of our newcomers down the line a little (perhaps someone who'd be helped by the additional relevence?) The selling point of having doubled the roster feels like a fun one to keep around, but having "more than doubled" it might be a little... ech. Just my take though!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'd say move the Prophets down to DLC as part of their moveset inspiration is from an early 2009 release so you can justify it as something that came about later than the others plus a Halo character makes sense for DLC

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Top 2 added to roster)

1Shu11
2Amelia Black6

3Commander Shepherd 3
4Geena2
5Nathan Zachary HM

Job 18 - Nominate a Clone or Echo Fighter for anyone currently on the roster.

1. Master Chief
  2. Arbitor
  3. Prophets
  4. Hero of Oakvale
  5. Jack of Blades
  6. Blinx
  7. Brutus
  8. Arkantos
  9. Amelia Black
  10. Banjo & Kazooie
  11. Gruntilda
  12. Mumbo Jumbo
  13. Conker
  14. Joanna Dark
  15. Battletoads
  16. Cooper
  17. Kameo
  18. Horstachio/Hudson
  19. Avatar
  20. Fulgore
  21. Marcus Fenix
  22. General RAAM
  23. Voodoo Vince
  24. Shu
  25. Ryu Hayabusa
  26. Ayane
  27. Kasumi
  28. Abe
  29. Stranger
  30. Sam Fisher
  31. Glados

My nominee is Simulant (Clone/Echo of Joanna Dark)

The bots of multiplayer mode who can have their appearance customized. Would be based on Perfect Dark Zero, the sequel released between our 2 games. Would be a Bowser Jr./Hero type fighter with skins based on Mai Hem, Johnathan, Jack Dark, Chandra, Killian, & Dr. Caroll.

Looks like we are in agreement to bump 1 fighter to DLC. Schnee117 brought up Prophets which would make sense. Will bring up Kasumi/Ayane or General RAAM as well since both series got multiple newcomers. Not sure anyone had any additional thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Discussion Round
I reckon Schnee117's point about the Prophets makes some sense, though at the same time, I would pose Ayane being a DLC pick (given she was unlockable in the first Dead or Alive) would make the most sense. That way, Halo actually gets a newcomer in the base roster, and Dead or Alive's two reps are split between both the base roster and DLC.

Job #018
Character Name: Rookie
Character Origin: Halo 3: ODST

Given this game releases in 2009, I think an upcoming release makes a little bit of sense to promote if we can safely say the character is likely to have already been designed, especially if their basic concept already existed prior to the game's release. (Think like Roy in Melee, or Greninja in Sm4sh - but actually a little more feasible.) Truthfully, I think this makes more sense if we consider them as an unlockable clone character of sorts - and isn't it a little odd that Banjo-Kazooie has more characters than Halo at the moment?

With that in mind, I'm submitting Rookie - the player character of Halo 3: ODST - as a semi-clone of Master Chief. In the Halo series, ODSTs (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) are Marines who, despite being at a lower rank than Spartans due to being human, are still capable fighters both individually and in groups. Rookie's moveset would effectively be a lighter take on Master Chief's, utilising some alternative models for his weaponry overall - but, whilst Master Chief is pretty capable up close, Rookie's less effective melee prowess means he's more of an outright zoner.

As for why Rookie, and not a Halo Wars character (given it also came out in 2009), the ODSTs are a fan-favourite group amongst the fanbase who already kind of exist in the series' lore at this point - plus, it'd differentiate the clone from Master Chief visually, giving them a little more uniqueness whilst still using the same basic framework. Rookie specifically makes sense mostly just because he's the playable character from the game, of course.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
AugustusCole.png

Augustus "Cole Train" Cole

Might be a bit soon to give Gears of War 3 characters, considering it will likely get more in later games. But I figure it's okay since Cole is a pretty popular character, and would be fairly easy to make compared to a full new character. He's be slower, and maybe less flexible than Marcus , but much stronger. I considered adding the hero from Fable 2 but it seemed like more of a stretch. I will also admit I got this idea from the Thorgi's arcade Xbox smash video.

for who to move. The best bets feel like one of the DOA girls or Ramm.I can see the case for Prophets but i'd like to have a Halo rep in base game.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Nominees
Kalus (Qwerty UIOP)
Rookie (KneeOfJustice99)
Cole Train (darkvortex)
Sparrow (Northsouthmap)
Simulant (nirvanafan)

Vote for your top 2. Yours in 2nd. Top 2 overall join the roster.
1 Sparrow
2 Simulant

Added a poll with the different ideas thrown around regarding who we will be moving to be our 1st DLC fighter.

https://strawpoll.com/jVyG8m2JQn7

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
  1. Sparrow (Seeing this submission was the point at which I suddenly thought, "damn, I knew there was someone I forgot". Though, I think Sparrow's in a good spot to have a similar sort of vibe to the Hero of Oakvale whilst being pretty different - giving them their bird companion and a couple of flintlock pistol attacks here and there, as well as the option to choose between male or female alts, would work really well.)
  2. Simulant (Honestly a pretty fun pick, and I like the idea of each of the alts reflecting the appearance of different characters from Perfect Dark Zero. Plus, perhaps giving them a marginally different weaponset and maybe even taking minor elements from Sam could work really well to make them feel unique. Come to think of it, even if they just ended up being a heavier, slower take on Joanna, it'd still be fun to see them!)
Big shoutout to Cole though, I think he'd be a lot of fun, but maybe would work better in the next game so as not to immediately fill the game with three Gears characters? He's a good pick though, I like him.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Top 2 Added)
1 Cole Train 8
2 Sparrow 8

3 Simulant 2
3 Rookie 2
5 Kalus 1

Our poll saw Kasumi & Ayane tie with 2 votes each, removing my vote means Ayane will be moved to be our 1st DLC fighter.

• Master Chief
  • Arbiter
  • Prophets*
  • Hero of Oakvale
  • Sparrow* (C/E)
  • Jack of Blades
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gruntilda
  • Mumbo Jumbo*
  • Marcus Fenix*
  • Cole Train* (C/E)
  • General RAAM*
  • Arkantos
  • Amelia Black*
  • Conker
  • Joanna Dark
  • Cooper
  • Battletoads
  • Kameo*
  • Horstachio/Hudson*
  • Fulgore*
  • Shu*
  • Blinx
  • Brutus
  • Voodoo Vince*
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Kasumi*
  • Abe
  • Stranger*
  • Sam Fisher
  • Glados*
  • Ayane (DLC 1)
  • DLC 2 - 7 TBD (will dive into after all base game content, would catch us up to Brawl & match total DLC for Smash 4)

Job 19 - Submit a stage idea for the following series (can submit 1 for each).

Halo
Fable
Banjo Kazooie
Age of Empires

Will submit my ideas later.

Was thinking our approach for stages should match our fighters, build off the 1st game (everywhere is here) & double the count (18 -> 36, still lower than Brawls 41). Not sure anyone had any objections or thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #19:
A preliminary thing related to this
Before I start with my actual stage submissions, I'd just like to make a note on Fable, seems as this is something I brought up a while back. In my original submission for Bowerstone, I wrote: I think it'd be neat to have Bowerstone's design evolve in each game - so for instance, in the 360 game, its design reflects its expanded look in Fable II and so forth. Given I suggested this before getting to this point (and it got voted in), I'm not 100% sure if this counts as an outright new stage, given it functionally replaces the old Bowerstone look - but that's your call, I just thought this was worth noting. With that in mind, I may as well throw together a writeup for the new look, but ignore this if it's not relevant.

Stage Name: Bowerstone
Stage Origin: Fable II
(2008)
Franchise: Fable

Many, many years have passed since the exploits of the Hero of Oakvale, which have long since passed into the realms of myths, legends, and fables. However, the world has changed - and the once small town of Bowerstone has swelled into Albion's largest city, the crown jewel of the kingdom. This stage itself takes place in the city's centre - Bowerstone Market, a hub for all kinds of commerce and culture.

Similarly to in the original Xbox Legends, Bowerstone has a day/night cycle (though uniquely, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, like it does in-game.) It also features plenty of NPCs from Fable II who appear in the background, as well as the carts like in the first game, but also destructible market stalls that act as platforms. However, as a new mechanic, Bowerstone's appearance changes with the seasons - with elements like snow in the winter, falling leaves in the autumn, and so forth. These are in reference to the similar mechanic in Fable II, but don't affect gameplay, just the appearance of the stage.

The actual stage submissions
Stage Name: Guardian
Stage Origin: Halo 3
(2007)
Franchise: Halo

I felt like a change of pace would be a good move for this Halo stage, which is why I decided to avoid the Campaign in favour of one of the multiplayer maps from the game (given it'd be an unexpected, but pretty obvious, choice.) With that in mind, I'm submitting Guardian, one of Halo 3's most iconic multiplayer maps overall and one with a particularly unique design. Guardian's set on an ancient Forerunner complex on the Ark (or Installation 00), and is surrounded by an incredibly dense jungle as well as a chasmous drop filled with mist below. As for the stage itself, it predominantly takes place on the central platform and walkway beside it, as well as the decorative structure above the central platform. Note that the layout would be slightly changed so it works in 2D (and also so elements like the Sniper Tower can be seen during gameplay), but it's still similar enough.

Stage Name: Wraithmarsh
(2008)

Five hundred years ago, the quiet village of Oakvale was razed to the ground by the Jack of Blades, in search of the Sword of Aeons. He was defeated by the Hero of Oakvale, but the villagers were left to pick up the pieces. They rebuilt, with time - but 200 years later, the Shadow Court destroyed the village once more, killing every single inhabitant. Now, all that's left is a hollowed-out shell of what once was - Wraithmarsh.

Wraithmarsh takes place in the swamp surrounding Oakvale's ruins, which lie in the background. The bridge (although in ruins) is a central part of this stage, with the valley at the bottom requiring players to be launched upward. However, if you stay on the ground too long, the Hollow Men might attack you - and parts of the bridge will collapse over the course of gameplay.

Stage Name: Banjoland
Stage Origin: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
(2008)
Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

If I find a pipe bomb in my mailbox in the next few weeks, this submission is probably why - but hear me out. Nuts & Bolts might not be a good game in the series, but it's a recent one - plus, Banjoland specifically is actually really well-suited to this kind of game. It's effectively a museum of different stages from previous Banjo-Kazooie games, including different elements and characters all over the place in a fresh, new presentation. As for the stage itself, I think it'd be funny if it were to take place on a moving platform that drives around the place, akin to the cars you build in the game - acting as a way through which you can explore the stage without needing to have a floating platform. More platforms can join or leave you over time, but it'd be a bit more balanced than, say, Melee Big Blue.

Stage Name: Falcon Company Outpost
Stage Origin: Age of Empires 3
(2005)
Franchise: Age of Empires

Based loosely on the first parts of the Act III: Steel campaign in Age of Empires 3, this one would take place on the back of a train - specifically, on two flatbed carriages, with the coal car (and train) in front, and a brake car behind it. The carriages can carry different materials like logs, barrels, and crates, which fall off the train if attacked, dealing damage to opponents hit by them. The train itself moves - starting stationary at a station close to an outpost, featuring characters from the campaign such as Major Cooper, before setting off in a loop - journeying through the desert (a little like Terry's stage in Fatal Fury?) before returning to the outpost and repeating.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Halo stage - Ark Citadel

1699549914808.png

The Ark Citadel is an iconic, beloved set piece from the Halo 3 campaign in which the Covenant make their last stand against the UNSC and the Elites in an epic battle. Basically every major vehicle type is present in this battle and of note is the the deployment of two Scarabs in the Covenant's desperate last ditch effort to prevent you from stopping them from firing the Halos.

This would be a large stage with plenty of hazards from being able to interact with the ongoing battle, including the Scarabs as stage elements that you can fully alter by damaging their legs to bring them down for a few seconds or out right destroy them by breaking their cores.

I think it's also important that Halo takes stages from the campaign as that's a major draw for the series and feels like more of a fit for the main cast present in the game and the climax of the 27 year long Human-Covenant War is a more than worthy stage setting. That said the MP component is essential too and I can see a multiplayer map also potentially making it alongside another campaign stage though I think something like Blood Gulch or any of it's successors/remakes like Valhalla is the route to go, Midship is another solid choice too.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Job #19:
A preliminary thing related to this
Before I start with my actual stage submissions, I'd just like to make a note on Fable, seems as this is something I brought up a while back. In my original submission for Bowerstone, I wrote: I think it'd be neat to have Bowerstone's design evolve in each game - so for instance, in the 360 game, its design reflects its expanded look in Fable II and so forth. Given I suggested this before getting to this point (and it got voted in), I'm not 100% sure if this counts as an outright new stage, given it functionally replaces the old Bowerstone look - but that's your call, I just thought this was worth noting. With that in mind, I may as well throw together a writeup for the new look, but ignore this if it's not relevant.

Stage Name: Bowerstone
(2008)

Many, many years have passed since the exploits of the Hero of Oakvale, which have long since passed into the realms of myths, legends, and fables. However, the world has changed - and the once small town of Bowerstone has swelled into Albion's largest city, the crown jewel of the kingdom. This stage itself takes place in the city's centre - Bowerstone Market, a hub for all kinds of commerce and culture.

Similarly to in the original Xbox Legends, Bowerstone has a day/night cycle (though uniquely, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, like it does in-game.) It also features plenty of NPCs from Fable II who appear in the background, as well as the carts like in the first game, but also destructible market stalls that act as platforms. However, as a new mechanic, Bowerstone's appearance changes with the seasons - with elements like snow in the winter, falling leaves in the autumn, and so forth. These are in reference to the similar mechanic in Fable II, but don't affect gameplay, just the appearance of the stage.
Oh yeah, sorry about that, did forget about that aspect of Bowerstone (Dashboard will also get updated). Smash tended to classify stages like this as new each time but it is something that could be debated. Probably best to leave it to a poll to see if it effects our new stage count or if we want to have both variants in the game. Not sure anyone else has any other input on this?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
UNSCDF_Operations_Center_-_Crow's_Nest.jpg

Crow's Nest
A pretty iconic level from the third game. Takes place inside a base full of computers and soldiers. A ship will sometimes fly out of the base and act as both an extra platform and a hazard. Soilders walk around

Spire_Concept.jpg

Tattered Spire
An area form Fable 2. I wanted a contrast with our existing Fable level. Players fight on the tower, as it f rises up our of views. there are parts of the tower that crumble so you have to move around.

Gobi%27s_Valley.jpg

Gobi's Valley
I think a desert level could be pretty cool. fight atop a pyramid, with stairs and a slope going up it. There's a pool of water and a spinx that sits in the background.

aoe3de-ushc-dc-768x432.jpg

Washington, D.C.
The Capital of the good ol' US of A. Fight win Lincoln Memorial building. the stage will sort of shift around the capital like Delfino Plaza from brawl. This is a sort of fantasy version of America that still has boats scattered around.

download__5_-removebg-preview.png

Our base roster. I'll do our DLC when we add it. I tried to stick to time relevant renders but it was hard for some characters. I went N&B for Banjo because I do unfortunately think that's what they'd go for at the time.

For stages. I think any new franchises (Gears of War, Blue Dragon, Vododo Vince, Kameo, Viva Piñata, Killer Instinct, Portal and I guess Xbox Avatar) should get stages, any franchises with new characters (Halo, Fable, Banjo, Age of Empires, Ninja Gaiden \ DOA, oddsworld) should get a new stage, and our extra spots can go to a. Mix of unrepped franchises and second stages for one rep franchises such as say, Conker or Perfect Dark

Might be a little early. But for DLC, I think it would be smart to focus on third party franchises as those will likely sell the best. Big Xbox third party titles like Bioshock, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Assassins Creed, Xbox Live Arcade titles like Castle Crashers or Splosion man, etc. But there are still some big Xbox titles like Crackdown that could use a rep, and there's always adding another Halo rep to the in with the upcoming titles. I think each character should come with a stage, but that does raise some questions about Aynae, maybe our DOA stage could be saved for then, or she oxide come with a completely unrelated stage.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Thanks again darkvortex for another great roster image, will add to op unless you have any objections.

As for stages the below spoiler is what i am thinking (not final). As for DLC i agree we should try to include a stage in most cases but i wouldnt guarantee it as Smash didnt even do that until Ultimate so Ayane for example could come without one if base game adds a Dead or Alive stage without an issue.

Also here is the poll mentioned earlier about major stage updates.

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYlPY2mye

1. Halo
  2. Fable
  3. Banjo Kazooie
  4. Age of Empires
  5. Gears of War
  6. Kameo
  7. Viva Pinata
  8. Killer Instinct
  9. Voodoo Vince
  10. Blue Dragon
  11. Oddworld
  12. Portal
  13. Perfect Dark
  14. Dead or Alive?
  15. Gears (2)/Conker?
  16. Dashboard 360/Bowerstone 360?
  17. Wild Card
  18. Wild Card
Tsavo Highway

Early memorable mission from Halo 3 with a mildly unique theme.

Weather Chamber

Havent played much of Fable II but seemed like an interesting area with elemental effects, maybe similar gimmick to Midgar.

Jiggoseum

Does pain me to add a Nuts & Bolts stage instead of Tooie but at the time it probably would have happened. Is a mixed sports themed arena which could be an interesting stage.

Painted Desert

Not too familiar with Age of Empires but wanted a stage from the new 3rd game & like darkvortex said we could use a desert stage so here you go guess.

Nominees
Halo
Guardian (KneeOfJustice99)
ARK Citadel (Schnee117)
Crow's Nest (darkvortex)
Tsavo Highway (nirvanafan)

Fable
Wraithmarsh (KneeOfJustice99)
Tattered Spire (darkvortex)
Weather Chamber (nirvanafan)

Banjo Kazooie
Banjoland (KneeOfJustice99)
Gobi's Valley (darkvortex)
Jiggoseum (nirvanafan)

Age of Empires
Falcon Company Outpost (KneeOfJustice99)
Washington DC (darkvortex)
Painted Desert (nirvanafan)

Vote for your Top 2 in each category, yours in 2nd, most votes in each gets added

1 Crow's Nest
2 ARK Citadel

1 Tattered Spire
2 Wraithmarsh

1 Banjoland
2 Jiggoseum

1 Falcon Company Outpost
2 Painted Desert

Job 20 - Submit a stage idea for the following series (can submit 1 for each).

Gears of War
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Killer Instinct

Will submit my ideas later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom