• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: Pearl Edition (Featuring, MD vs VA crew battle)... - June 22nd, 2013 - Baltimore, MD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
this event is going to be huge. So many old school legends and classic players returning...kirbstir, wife, frozen, husband, g-reg, among others...

Wife

Smash Lord
Husband and I are excited for this tomorrow. It seems like the community has kind of abandoned Smashboards, but posting on the boards before a tournament used to be the best circa 2007 so I wanted to do it again. We'll be at the venue early in hopes of getting warmed of for teams - see everyone theer!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ok, a few last minute things so everyone is up to speed:

-$5 venue discounts will be provided AFTER the event, come see me so I can give you your refund. You'll have to pay the full fee up front. This makes it easier for Xanadu and Me/GIMR. TVs are not eligible for discounts, just melee setups. Your setup has to be used to count, but there is no limit to discounts (unlike before where it was just the first 5)
- Extra Raffle tickets for confirming on the event page you'll also have to see me directly. If I don't know your real name, please point it out and i'll verify you're on the confirmed list and get you your extra ticket.
- Teams start at 12:30pm, but please be there by 12pm so I can actually get started at 12:30, not start seeding at 12:30pm. Don't show up at 1pm.
- Raffle tickets are just $1. If you want a bonus, you can buy a group of 12 tickets for $10, or 25 tickets for $20.
- Raffle Grand Prize: A fully functional great condition RARE Pearl White Gamecube controller never released in the USA. The raffle drawing will be held before singles starts, CTL will draw the grand prize winner, and the doubles winners will draw the other prizes.
- Raffle Second Prizes: Nintendo Mario Hat, PS Vita Case, Next Xanadu Venue Fee Waiver (Next one you attend)
- Stream brought to you by VGBootCamp
- Crews is after Doubles, around 3pm. Cyrain/Chillin are supposed to be the captains for VA, if they can't make it we'll play it by ear. Nintendude is preparing the MD lineup.
- Please bring Melee setups! We need them.
- If we get done early enough, we will be doing some DDR and F-Zero GX side events afterwards.
- I will have 2 controllers for sale at this event, a Platinum Silver and a Spice Orange. Each are $20.
- I will also have controller parts for sale. Specifically, the stuff most people are interested in, which are purple/black/clear shells, joysticks, and c sticks. any of those are $4. If you want me to put it in for you, i'll only charge $1, making it $5 total. Supply is obviously limited.
- Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! Gonna be a great event!

Top Bottom