• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X-Play on the Delay

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
X-play mentioned yesterday that:

"Nintendo says the additional tweaks and the high number of popular franchise characters are to blame."

DANG! HOW MANY FRANCHISES ARE LEFT?!?!?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Umm ya. 1 week won't add A SINGLE CHARACTER! And there aren't American-version only characters, either. It's called Nintendo's failure level OF OVER NINE-THOUSANNDDDD!!!

Masterem243

Smash Lord
X-play mentioned yesterday that:

"Nintendo says the additional tweaks and the high number of popular franchise characters are to blame."

DANG! HOW MANY FRANCHISES ARE LEFT?!?!?
Who cares about what X-Play says? **** them, that show sucks.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
And there aren't American-version only characters, either
Actually, they're adding John Madden to the game! Look, I even found a leaked moveset for Madden outside Nintendo HQ:

Neutral B - American Football Throw - He throws an american football
Side B - Tackle - He tackles any nearby characters
Down B - Color Commentary - He causes all characters fall asleep due to his boring color commentary
Up B - Turducken Recovery - A turducken flies in and lifts him up, yelling "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!"

Final Smash - Thanksgiving! - Madden eats a turducken, thus automatically winning the match.

^^^That's all true, I'm telling ya! That's what the delay is all about.*

On-topic: I don't see how they could be realistically adding any characters in only a week's time, honestly.

*I'm not un-lieing.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Was X-Play the new upgraded version? If so it was about March 9. They leveled up recently..

-Onyx

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Learn to read guys. Honestly. Nobody said anything about "adding" any characters, merely that "the high number" of them are "to blame." Likely, it simply means there's a lot of characters and they underestimated the amount of time needed to tweak them. Just off the top of my head they tweaked Ike in between the first and second demo. That's probably all that's meant, the amount of characters caused a need for a little bit more time for tweaking. Since it's just tweaking, you don't need that long. The only problem being, why does the US have a month longer?

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
My guess is the month delay is to promote Brawl for the slightly ignorant casual gamers who still scratch their head when they hear about snakes using grenades.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
inb4OVER9000!!!!!!!.....wait, nevermind

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Probably to do voices or something.

The poster with only five posts is the one with the best explanation! I love it!

Anyway yes, if they were trying to squeeze in another character, then ran out of time... That would explain the differences in the two delays. Finding and additional vox and recording would take longer if it had already been started in Japan but not in the US.

EPX2

Smash Ace
X-play knows crap and just takes reviews around the internet and compile them to a game show. They also are known for very bias and unfounded remarks.
Gay.

OH GOD XFDXFDXFDXFD

Oh, wow... that is quite honestly the most humorous instance of irony at play that I've seen in a while.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Final Smash - Thanksgiving! - Madden eats a turducken, thus automatically winning the match.
^^^That's all true, I'm telling ya! That's what the delay is all about
On-topic: I don't see how they could be realistically adding any characters in only a week's time, honestly.
*I'm not un-lieing.
Final Smash=... BOOM!... -basically,what a hit! and poor Vince Young is added to the curse. :laugh: But yeah seriuosly,they arent making new characters.Whos ever in,is just in.And thats the bottom line because...oh thats so 10 years ago,wtf.

finalark

SNORLAX
..... X-Play? Are you okay?

I hope you know that X-Play (in addition to being baist (GAH! can't remember how to spell it!) towards only popular games) knows nothing, right?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I stopped listening to X-play when they gave Kingdom Hearts 2 a 4 out of 5. they obviously don't know what they are talking about on that show. (it deserved 5 out of 5 imo)

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
I stopped listening to X-play when they gave Kingdom Hearts 2 a 4 out of 5. they obviously don't know what they are talking about on that show. (it deserved 5 out of 5 imo)
While they may not be the most reputable source, just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

I love both KHs games but they're both far from perfect.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
X-Play is better when their lines aren't scripted. When they read from the script they sound stupid, their jokes are cheesy and they're so spiteful they even rip on things they like. When they're just talking and giving their honest opinions they actually sound like they know what they're talking about.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure you weren't listening to the first delay's description and the reason why they said it was delayed for the first time?

Because I recall watching X-play today and they were talking about the first delay, not even acknowledging the most recent.

...Then again, we were pretty high. Which is the only way you'll get me to watch X-play.

Top Bottom