• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP4 -- One Man's Treasure (Deadline Feb 19th at Noon and Scav sucks again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yes, everyone did excellent on their WWYP entry (I should know, I read 'em all, haha), so like demoncaterpie said, everyone shouldn't worry about their entry(exceptforAmi).
I would have believed you if I didn't indeed have a reason to worry.

I don't know why, but now that I look at my story, it’s like I took all of your (The better part of SWF writers’) advice and did the opposite with this entry...well I don’t know.

I’ll try harder next time, I promise ;)

As for the proposal for two seperate WWYP contests come the 5th iteration, it sounds like a great idea.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I just listened to the podcast. Now that all the big kids might get out of there, I'm exciteder.

Skywalker

Space Jump
On another subject, it's getting to the point of which Matt despises me beyond belief.

I swear this guy wants me to die.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Now that I think about it, I hope the judges take their time. If they released the results now, there's no way I could participate in the next contest with me being officially "in the ****" at university for the next few weeks. But after that I will have exams which only takes maybe a week out of the month. Plus, since I didn't enter the contest, I have nothing invested in knowing the results. Take your time, boy-os.

Also, what contest would people like me (or perhaps it is only me) who are in the Writer's group due to being a judge but never winning a WWYP be eligible for? Also if I don't like the prompt I'll tentatively volunteer to judge the next contest, since I've started a novella anyway.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I feel bad. I barely qualify as "big kid". Oh well, hopefully this new contest will inspire me to write again.
I was fourth place in your judging in the Mini WWYP.

Close?

Nope. Matt and Virj weren't as generous. xD

Oh well. But since Monday marks the first day of my (ultra boring) Spring Break, I really want the next prompt to be announced sometime next week.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I was fourth place in your judging in the Mini WWYP.

Close?

Nope. Matt and Virj weren't as generous. xD

Oh well. But since Monday marks the first day of my (ultra boring) Spring Break, I really want the next prompt to be announced sometime next week.
That's because you wrote a good story. You deserved the place I gave you (and maybe even higher).

My Spring Break starts in a couple of weeks, so that would be the perfect time to start the next WWYP.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
GRR IT'S YOU AGAIN DIE DIE DIE?
Shouldn't that be a command instead of a question?

Also, I found out I am one of two people left to do the illustrations for a children's book! I had to go out today and buy some art supplies today and I'm really excited about it. The only thing is, the book will be published in both English and Italian, but the Italian one will be printed first so I may not see it for a while. And I am writing as if I already won the job because the other girl I'm going up against isn't that good...Yay me! :)

Kais

Smash Ace
Shouldn't that be a command instead of a question?

Also, I found out I am one of two people left to do the illustrations for a children's book! I had to go out today and buy some art supplies today and I'm really excited about it. The only thing is, the book will be published in both English and Italian, but the Italian one will be printed first so I may not see it for a while. And I am writing as if I already won the job because the other girl I'm going up against isn't that good...Yay me! :)
Wow, that's pretty awesome actually. Can you tell us what you might be illustrating/book content or did you sign an NDA?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Shhh! Mums the word ;)

Actually, I haven't signed anything yet but the author doesn't want me to tell any big details. It does take place in an evergreen forest, if that means anything...

Kais

Smash Ace
Shhh! Mums the word ;)

Actually, I haven't signed anything yet but the author doesn't want me to tell any big details. It does take place in an evergreen forest, if that means anything...
Ah, actually, that does give me some ideas. Do you have links to any of your art online?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Unless you get a post from Matt, much like this one, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Matt has no trouble telling people he hates them. :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Scav... Scav?...SSSSSSCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVV!!!!!

Even an update would be better than nothing :(

Skywalker

Space Jump
I have to apply for Honors English, and well, I've been thinking of using my WWYP entry (improved) as a creative writing exhibit. May I ask the judges to please hurry up, or maybe have one PM me their scores for my entry. I'd really appreciate it.

(Only two weeks left for the application deadline. >.<)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I have 5 more to go. This week I actually have time for it, so it won't be long at all.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
According to Scav tomorrow's the big day!

How unprofessional, Rev, I'm disappointed in you.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think I'm sadistic. I really only want to see the results to see who got last.

I hope it's Sheepyman, that prick

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
About the dual contest thing I guess we're doing: Can non-previous-winners enter the previous-winners contest anyway? I basically want choice of prompts, and I feel like entering the junior league would be like taking a baby from a pile of candy and eating it. Unless their prompt is it turns out it's a penguin.

Also I might *** out, but if I think I might I'll do it early if you guys need a judge so you don't end up stuck with someone slow like Rev or Scav or, to a lesser (but more handsome) extent, Mashad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom