• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP X - A Loaded Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
I will give Jam SEVERAL quarters if he gives me a perfect score. Yes, several. You don't how many it could be. It could be 3, maybe 4. But it's at least 2. Marinate on that for a minute.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Honestly, it's best to forget about it all. We don't have to wait for just a judge, but we have to wait for the slowest judge, as we need all scores to make final results; it's best just to put it away in your head and check back in like a month or so.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah just literally forget that this even exists. That way when the scores are done, you are completely surprised, and you don't have to go through the suffering of impatience and anticipation.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Its been about two weeks since I checked back.

Hows it coming, judges?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So, it is safe to assume that we will be seeing scores sometime in the next week?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would like to think that these contests tend to attract the most capable people.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
It also seems that people that are the type to win these contests are also the type of people with the intelligence to aspire to Moderator Status, sometimes having their story as proof of their own intellect. I actually hope to win one of these atleast once, so that not only could I get my name to glow bright Orange, but to possibly allow me to attract more Brawlers once they see my posts and colored name, enabling me a larger group of combatants to practice techniques and sharpern my skills upon. I'm too biased to be a Mod, but the Orange name would be friggin' sweat.

On the subject of this contest, and I know I should have taken the effort to look further, please tie me to the cross and stab me for asking, but do you know when the next contest will be? I hate some of the ideas I'm coming up with, and hope to try to think with a clear head for the next one. Since there have only been 10 as far as I know, I'm guessing it's a Yearly thing? Semi-Anually? Seasonally? Montly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Minutly? Secondly? Infinitly? The concept of time is simply another shackle keeping the human race in check. Once the flesh-puppets escape the barrier that is time, we will have true chaos and hell desend upon us, in a cataclismic end that will most definitely have Heavy-Death-Metal music in the back ground.

Edit: Also, there is one Idea I do have that I like.... If I submited it, can I see what it might have gotten? I know I'd never be rewarded for a late grade, but I'd like to ask if the judgdes some how have absolutely nothing to do with their valuable time and would consider possibly seeing the story idea I thought up.

:flame:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Well, you can't "submit" your idea, but you can post it in the Creative Minds section of the forum, and I promise that one of these days (preferably sooner rather than later) I'll take a look at it.

I'll be typing up my scores today, so no more yelling at me! :mad:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Where is the Crimson King?

Also when are we gonna do the next one? I know a certain individual that can't wait to jump in on the next iteration, and others are quite keen too.

Maybe we should do a Mini-WWYP in the interim?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, I have some bad news and some good news.

The Bad News is Crimson King was arrested for being mentally ******** and as such, doesn't have his WWYP's done. Police are investigating if **** had anything to do with it.

In lieu of this, we need one more judge. As much as I am confident in Jam's and opinions, I think dividing the weight between three people would be better. If no new judge pops up soon, then it'll just be me and Jam. Speaking of which, Jam: if you could send me your comments and scores that would be good :)

The Good News is...I like the idea of having another Mini-WWYP. Well, i guess Micro might suit it better. I'm thinking no more than 150 words. Post them in this thread: as many as you like unless you post too many then I'll ban you and convince your mom she doesn't love you (she doesn't). As for the prompt, I'm in a light-hearted mood. So how about:

Write an absurdist/surreal short story.

Real short. Maybe the thoughts of a giraffe eating a mango. How an verb yells at a noun for being lazy. A man wanting to have a romantic night at the jacuzzi with his toaster. Anything.

GO!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I gave Virg my scores today. So stop picketing my house! I feel like I work for AIG or somethig.

And I'm entering NanoWWYP. Be afraid!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhm..if no one else volunteers, I can be a third judge. I probably don't have the credentials you are looking for but I am an english major :/

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was going to write a short story beforehand about a guy driving his car who accidentally runs over jesus, panicks and drives off with him in his trunk, it was suppose to be a sort of black humor thing that meant nothing, so I decided to turn it into the nano version, but when it's condensed to 200 or so words it just comes off as an attempt at something morbid. What I'm trying to say is that Virg sucks and everything he touches is terrible

Spire

III
BRoomer
Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, a towering façade stretching infinitely in bi-direction and it vanishes, three, eight years at a time, and in the fog of war, infantry plummet upon ascent. A man could not contend with the escalating footholds – they’d sever his tendons and climb swifter than his peaking goat’s guile kicking dust into his, and the trailing herd’s oculars. The war waged worlds, waning who once wished woe upon foe and tantalized her Majesty’s rule over whether witch nor warrior would win, only to reveal the woven web of solemnity – and the spinner prays on those fished from the fields of faunal flan. And when the sky lamp climbs over the crag’s head, the egg so spills the royal yolk and slip the king doth from his throne to the crimson expanse where the simians march armed and waiting. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

[148 words]

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was going to wait for more posts before answering to your feedback guys, but it doesn't look like anyone else is willing to visit the thread.

So, like I've been wanting to say for several days now, thanks for the feedback! My idea behind that quick little ditty was to tell the condensed story of what happens between the lines "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" and "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall" through the eyes of Humpty himself, but in a sort of third person perspective, as if he were looking back and trying to gather his thoughts of all that happened in that quick moment. It was a very cerebral piece, drawing from instinctual thoughts, that was based off of a painting I did that accommodates for an extended, alternate version of the story.

Here's a link to my thread: Spire III's Paintings

and to the actual deviantART page with the painting itself: Humpty and the Onion Frogs

For the sake of getting a short story in under 150 words, I chose to omit the Onion Frog part, which takes place between the "... faunal flan" and "And when the sky lamp...." sentences of the abridged story because conceptually, it may or may not be real, all residing in Humpty Dumpty's head.

In actuality, he never did fall down the hole to their lair, only in the midst of falling did he want to fall into such a haven so as to not break upon collision. They say your whole life flashes before your eyes when you're about to die. Well, this wasn't his life at all, rather what he'd want his life to continue to unfold as so he could rise once again with his newfound kin to usurp those that knocked him off of his throne.

EDIT: It seems that this "micro WWYP" probably won't take flight, will it?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So, I have the placings for the winners. Still having to compile the post though :(

Do you guys want to know who won now or wait till the official thread is up? I'm leaning towards the later but up to you hooligans *points at SkylerOcon*

:mad088:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's more exciting if it's all in one thread. I mean people are less likely to read what the judges had to say about the stories if you put the results here.

Mewter

Smash Master
Put 'em here first. That way, we can see it twice.
How long will it take for the post to be up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom