• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wtf snake players?

snakeater

Smash Rookie
Hey first time ever posting on swf....but i gotta interupt you snake players for a sec. What is up with all the lame *** aproaches most of your snakes have. Every video i see is a snake spamming snake slide or dash attacking over and over again. How about a little variety. A little rar never hurt anyone. Maybe even make it a double back air DI'd like jiggly puff. Or maybe a doble jump nair. All i'm saying is that snake is a kungfu master and no one is giving him justice. Im not even gonna start on how few of you that post snake vids even use his tilts.....Its sad to see so many clones of my favorite video game character come up short.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Hey first time ever posting on swf....but i gotta interupt you snake players for a sec. What is up with all the lame *** aproaches most of your snakes have. Every video i see is a snake spamming snake slide or dash attacking over and over again. How about a little variety. A little rar never hurt anyone. Maybe even make it a double back air DI'd like jiggly puff. Or maybe a doble jump nair. All i'm saying is that snake is a kungfu master and no one is giving him justice. Im not even gonna start on how few of you that post snake vids even use his tilts.....Its sad to see so many clones of my favorite video game character come up short.
I admit it. I'm one of them! I hardly use tilts but the double back air I just learned recently. I still got a ton of work to do with Snake. but yeah I see what you mean.

Sorrrrrry :urg:

snakeater

Smash Rookie
Im looking forward to the snake video where their isn't just random explosions from mines and grenades but a snake doing what snake does best. a little close quarters combat. Tilts in brawl do what shff airs did in melee. I personally beileve thats where true brawl combos lie. Next time you play snake try to use his knee . Not the whole foward tilt, just the knee. but right after use the down tilt then up tilt. A killer combo on someone with a fresh stock. Im campaigning for snakes to stop using grenades and mortars all together. Snake always took a stealthy approach when it came to combat and it makes him look like a idiot chaging head on at some one , sliding across the stage with a mortar. But i guess to each his own.

snakeater

Smash Rookie
but that really isnt what he does best. Hes kinds sucks at it. Ive never seen someone blow themselves up as much as snake:) btw kuma, your samus is nasty.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
What a useless topic.

What came over you to get the urge to make your first post one of attempting to influence how others should play their character and discrediting reliable tactics with the sole reason that they're "lame". Variety is nice and all, but in terms of approach, competent players can see double jumped bair x2 or double jumped nair a mile away. And heck all you have to do is roll behind when you see Snake doin' that. So in otherwords, easily punished once anticipated. I don't feel like quoting so...

Mortar sliding is quick, reliable, and tough to punish. Lame in what way?

Lol @ your little egotistic thought of boycotting mortars/nades, both pretty integral to his playstyle and allowing him a safe approach or defense.

He doesn't look like an idiot when his tactics are working.

Like I said variety is good but if, it (players' approach tactics) ain't broken, why fix it?

A good Snake can incorporate close and long range combat, making him a greater force to be reckoned with.

Oh and real smooth judging the entirety of the Snake forum's users based on about 2 threads of user's videos. Heck I think it was only King Kuma's vids that he rarely used tilts (No offense at all Kuma).

(-.-)

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Im looking forward to the snake video where their isn't just random explosions from mines and grenades but a snake doing what snake does best. a little close quarters combat. Tilts in brawl do what shff airs did in melee. I personally beileve thats where true brawl combos lie. Next time you play snake try to use his knee . Not the whole foward tilt, just the knee. but right after use the down tilt then up tilt. A killer combo on someone with a fresh stock. Im campaigning for snakes to stop using grenades and mortars all together. Snake always took a stealthy approach when it came to combat and it makes him look like a idiot chaging head on at some one , sliding across the stage with a mortar. But i guess to each his own.
That's all personal preferences man. I mean yeah I know exactly what you mean by changing up the melee combat a little, but jeez they wouldn't have gave him such a range of projectile performance for nothing. My idea of a great combo would be like: Planting a mine on an elevated platform and than C4 on the enemy, performing a melee combo (knee + d-tilt + u-tilt) into the mine and then detonate the C4 on the enemy.

Or even better. Drop a grenade and shoot a missile up or at an angle, then allow the grenade to go off on snake sending the missile off on it's own. Then perform a crazy melee + C4 combo on the character that throws them into the un-guided falling missile. Now that would be an epic combo. I've only done it twice, however it was on the CPU :ohwell:

snakeater

Smash Rookie
spamming should be unacceptable to any smash player, let alone a snake player. why spam when you have so many other moves to try. Snake dashing is a gimp and as far as im concerned, and is what makes a snake noob. Just cuz you can do it doesnt mean it a god move. Its defintly not a wave dash. For being one of the most popular characters, it seems like every one needs to bite off psychomidgets style. But its time for all you snake clones to stand up and be a man and stop hiding behind weapons. Cuz big boss wouldn't! oh and btw any of snakes air can be lag canceled using his double jump and can isntantly be tilted out of.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
spamming should be unacceptable to any smash player, let alone a snake player. why spam when you have so many other moves to try. Snake dashing is a gimp and as far as im concerned, and is what makes a snake noob. Just cuz you can do it doesnt mean it a god move. Its defintly not a wave dash. For being one of the most popular characters, it seems like every one needs to bite off psychomidgets style. But its time for all you snake clones to stand up and be a man and stop hiding behind weapons. Cuz big boss wouldn't!
I agree. Spammers suck. If it takes you 3 moves or less to repeat in order to win. you fail! :p

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
spamming should be unacceptable to any smash player, let alone a snake player. why spam when you have so many other moves to try. Snake dashing is a gimp and as far as im concerned, and is what makes a snake noob. Just cuz you can do it doesnt mean it a god move. Its defintly not a wave dash. For being one of the most popular characters, it seems like every one needs to bite off psychomidgets style. But its time for all you snake clones to stand up and be a man and stop hiding behind weapons. Cuz big boss wouldn't! oh and btw any of snakes air can be lag canceled using his double jump and can isntantly be tilted out of.
I agree. Spammers suck. If it takes you 3 moves or less to repeat in order to win. you fail! :p

SCRUBS, If spamming wins then spam. If your opponent sucks so badly that they can't get around a few spammed moves then they deserve to lose.

snakeater

Smash Rookie
You haven't been to any tournaments, have you?
I have and won. Is that a challenge? And i never complained about spamming, i just said its a boring playstyle. snake isnt a pansy who hides behind mines and shield drops nades . Give the guy some credit.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I agree with Stole , why fix it if it isn't broken. Why change something if it works consitently, and well? It shouldn't be because it seems gimmicky or cheap. Play to win, as they say.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I have and won. Is that a challenge? And i never complained about spamming, i just said its a boring playstyle. snake isnt a pansy who hides behind mines and shield drops nades . Give the guy some credit.
Ummm...If you've seen any good Snake players then you would have seen a REAL lot of tilts. Anyone who knows how to use him utilizes Bair Nair all of that so I don't know what kind of tourney you went to.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Snake is one of the few characters who if you ask 10 people who main Snake what their playstyle is you are likely to get 10 different responses. Some Snakes love their projectiles, others like mines and C4, I myself love grenades and tilts (not all I do but a big part of my game is 'nades and tilts). The point is most playstyles people use with Snake work so there really is nothing to complain about.

snakeater

Smash Rookie
wow you just i just put my foot in my mouth. I guess their are a few shining snakes in the bunch. But definatly not spammers huh....much more entertaining then watching snake ice skate on magical mortars.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
SCRUBS, If spamming wins then spam. If your opponent sucks so badly that they can't get around a few spammed moves then they deserve to lose.
Ok I believe snakeater was referring to all the videos that are going up of people with the same stuff over and over again. Spamming on a video is different then using it to win in a tourney. It's unimpressive and leaves the audience boo'ing you more than half the time.

snakeater

Smash Rookie
No why the **** would you play the most popular character in brawl if your gonna have no style and spam. Because your a bandwagon smash player who needs to win. You should pick a character that means something to you not just one you can win with. Thats the point of this game. To give you the nastalgia of all your favorite vdeo game characters battilng one another.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
my favorite is when you see them run to the oposite side, then just start mashing b. What technique!!!!
Seriously. I know a couple wolf players who abuse his d-smash/f-smashes and yet are able to win tourneys/matches with it. It's rediculous. I'd love to see a combo video by them with all their 1 hitters :ohwell:

Ghetto Soldier

Smash Apprentice
ight man just cuss snake can spam **** doesnt mean not to do it.
dont come on this board *****ing about snake spamming if anything go on the toon link boards and ***** about camping. snake has alot of stuff in his bag of tricks an spamming is one of them

snakeater

Smash Rookie
Well if thats all it takes to win then do it. Its not like your trying to impress your opponent with your fancy moves.
Um.... thats exactly how you should play. This game thrives on variety and having cool montage videos of Adaptable players. So The more fancy your moves the better. Just Ask captain falcon.

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
I second the whole motto of "If it ain't broke. don't fix it." Seriously, Motarsliding is effective, lagless, effective, and hard to punish. RAR'ing isn't that good for Snake. His air game, sadly, isn't that good. Snake with other air approaches.

For grenades and other explosives, they are the most important part of him. Snake isn't MK. Sane is a character who can instantly WTF Pwn somebody at close range. Yes his tilts are godly, but move degradation limits their effectiveness when it matters. IMO, Snake is a control/pressure/mindgame character. His grenades and explosives are what makes him a god. If all a Snake player did was tilt and AAA, Snake would be like, mid tier.

Oh, and Brawl =/= MGS

snakeater

Smash Rookie
I second the whole motto of "If it ain't broke. don't fix it." Seriously, Motarsliding is effective, lagless, effective, and hard to punish. RAR'ing isn't that good for Snake. His air game, sadly, isn't that good. Snake with other air approaches.

For grenades and other explosives, they are the most important part of him. Snake isn't MK. Sane is a character who can instantly WTF Pwn somebody at close range. Yes his tilts are godly, but move degradation limits their effectiveness when it matters. IMO, Snake is a control/pressure/mindgame character. His grenades and explosives are what makes him a god. If all a Snake player did was tilt and AAA, Snake would be like, mid tier.

Oh, and Brawl =/= MGS
but what makes him god teir is variety. Why leave out moves because spamming them works. Duh......because his moves suck? **** no . Everyone of snakes tilts. airs, and b moves has ko potential and should be part of your arsonal. I never said stop snake sliding. never said no nades, just stop using your stale *** moves and posting boring videos.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Um.... thats exactly how you should play. This game thrives on variety and having cool montage videos of Adaptable players. So The more fancy your moves the better. Just Ask captain falcon.
Seriously. If that were the case then they'd give every character only 2 moves to use. In other words you don't recognize the potential of a game when you limit yourself to the same stuff over and over. Variety is good.

Take phanna for instance. doesn't win a lot of tourneys. but is well known in the smash community for his extremely good tech skill/variety.

You can be either or on this, however I still think spamming is noobish regardless. It's like the guy on Mortal Kombat who only knows "high punch" for all his combos or the dude on street fighter with high kick/low kick spam.

Lame :psycho:

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
Seriously. If that were the case then they'd give every character only 2 moves to use. In other words you don't recognize the potential of a game when you limit yourself to the same stuff over and over. Variety is good.

Take phanna for instance. doesn't win a lot of tourneys. but is well known in the smash community for his extremely good tech skill/variety.

You can be either or on this, however I still think spamming is noobish regardless. It's like the guy on Mortal Kombat who only knows "high punch" for all his combos or the dude on street fighter with high kick/low kick spam.

Lame :psycho:
Spamming is not noobish. If all you have to do is press A to win then just press A as long as its not banned in tourneys. If your at a tourney then its your money on the line so why risk it by trying to win with some fancy crap that could cause you to lose instead of just pressing A. I agree spamming isn't fancy but if your opponent is dumb enough to lose because of it thats there fault and you shouldn't leave yourself openbbecause of it. Thats Scrubiness.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Spamming is not noobish. If all you have to do is press A to win then just press A as long as its not banned in tourneys. If your at a tourney then its your money on the line so why risk it by trying to win with some fancy crap that could cause you to lose instead of just pressing A. I agree spamming isn't fancy but if your opponent is dumb enough to lose because of it thats there fault and you shouldn't leave yourself openbbecause of it. Thats Scrubiness.
This is a subjective argument. Lets just leave it at that.

As long as you're having fun, that's all that really matters right?

:chuckle:

snakeater

Smash Rookie
Spamming is not noobish. If all you have to do is press A to win then just press A as long as its not banned in tourneys. If your at a tourney then its your money on the line so why risk it by trying to win with some fancy crap that could cause you to lose instead of just pressing A. I agree spamming isn't fancy but if your opponent is dumb enough to lose because of it thats there fault and you shouldn't leave yourself openbbecause of it. Thats Scrubiness.[/QUOTE

well i guess if your playing for money then your free to spam your little noob heart out. But dont ruin this perfectly fine site with your garbage videos. A stale move in one hand and a spike in the other. i'll take the spike thankyou

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
but what makes him god teir is variety. Why leave out moves because spamming them works. Duh......because his moves suck? **** no . Everyone of snakes tilts. airs, and b moves has ko potential and should be part of your arsonal. I never said stop snake sliding. never said no nades, just stop using your stale *** moves and posting boring videos.
Nope. Snake's Up-B doesn't have KO potential. Aside from that minor nitpick, yo didn't grasp the "mindgames part." IMO, Snake is best used to control/pressure/mindgame your opponent. The grenades and C4 force your opponent into comfortable situations. Then in said situation, you can tilt. But RAR'ing straight into tilts is just foolhardy.

Oh and where you said that you only should Knee the other guy into a D-Tilt then U-tilt., everybody has different weights and sizes so it isn't a true 1-Stock every time. IMO, a simple Knee Lock is more effective.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Snake is god in this game because of busted moves like Snake dash.

There is no point in abusing his moves that aren't as good, namely his air game. His aerials have thier plac, but they aren't the meat and bones of his game like his tilts, his camping, d-throw tech chasing etc.

Someone get a mod to close this thread BTW.

It reeks of the TC's scrubdom.

Snake players, please continue to abuse what makes Snake good and win tournaments. That's what competitive game is all about. Going all out and abusing the good **** so you can win.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
What in the world.... is back air DI'd like jigglypuff?

Nope. Snake's Up-B doesn't have KO potential..
You don't think so? :"D

Yr in for a surprise then when I upload some of my matches, heh.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
wow what a ******, dont tell anybody what to do, youre in no position of saying so... so what if we like mortar sliding?

find a more effective and less punishable approach... this thread for win luls

wtf is di jigglipuff dair? get some knowledge before talking and some logic too, if youre expecting us to do something floaty with a slow laggy landing heavy character you must have an iq lower than a tickle me elmo

Top Bottom