• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF is this? And how the hell can I get it to stop happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

This happens when I try to finish running an app off of the HBC. After it pops up, I have to restart my Wii, and every time I try to run an app is freeze on the black screen.

It gets really irritating because I have to keep re-insalling the HBC.

Help?

Teh Future

Smash Master
umm I was actually getting this message after installing balanced brawl. I just deleted everything and it went back to normal. I don't really know why it was happening though :/

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I hate that error...

If you're launching the HBC though BootMii, wait for the disk to stop spinning inside your Wii. For that matter, clean your disk, it's actually helped before. Don't launch apps while the HBC is trying to connect to the internet. Try using an older version of Gecko OS (don't bother reinstalling the HBC, it's fine. This is an app error). Just fiddle around with it until it works.

thoko

Smash Rookie
If you get if when using Gecko (or a usb loader version of it, for Brawl+) you might have two RSBE01.gcts on your SD card. If there is one in:
sd root/data/gecko/codes/ and another in sd root/codes/, you'll get a code dump. You need to delete one of them.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Wait for the HBC to finish trying to connect to the internet before launching GeckoOS
Dantarion, you *******.

That doesn't cause code dumps. That causes freezes before you even load the app.

If you're using Gecko Os 1.9.3 or 1.9.2, DON'T. They're buggy.

Use 1.9.1. It's fast and has no problems. Should fix most code dumps. Otherwise you ****ed up.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
There's only a codes folder.

Waiting until the HBC trys connecting to the internet seems to be working though. Seems like a problem that wouldn't be too hard for the GeckoOS developers to fix :/

EDIT: I also switched back to Gecko 1.9.1. That's probably what's fixing it. Thanks.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Waiting until the HBC trys connecting to the internet seems to be working though. Seems like a problem that wouldn't be too hard for the GeckoOS developers to fix :/
The only problem about the waiting thing is loading any app before the system has checked for updates will cause it to crash before starting up. It only applies to Homebrew 1.0.6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom