• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTCA 2: A Melee Charity Tournament - June 1st, 2013 - Shaker Heights, Ohio

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
WTCA 2: A Melee Charity Tournament - DATE CHANGED - June 1, 2013 - Cleveland, Ohio

Start Date:
May 25th, 2013 3:00 am
End Date:
May 27th, 2013 6:00 pm

Kind of contradictory ha ha.

Also, anyone want to team?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Is it Broly or Droly that is the awesome chun-li/Marth player that plays with his face. If it is Broly rock on! If it is Droly, homeboy has gotta change his name, or the way he holds his controller. :O

Droly

Smash Ace

oliman

Smash Journeyman
OK LIL MINI UPDATE
1. I'm not dead
2. Tuesday, 5/7 is my super rigorous test date. after that, i will improve on all these details
3. The Super Member status has changed from Max & me to just ME*. Max has been demoted to member**

*tentative but probable
**he won't be doing it for project like me, but hopefully he'll assist when he can.

EDIT AFTER TEST:
Unfortunately, Max has a 0% chance of even laying his eyes on the venue, nevermind helping, so he's totally out. This makes things a lot harder for me, but I'm seeing what I can do.

...However, the event will proceed if things don't screw up again. Who from MI and/or PA is coming?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Kinda confused, what does all that Super Member stuff mean and why is Max out of the running for helping out?

I plan on going to this assuming Artificial Flavor and co. are still passing by on their way here.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Won't actually be 5 days in case no one gets my cheek in tongue humour.

Basically, Max/Vanir/Aesir got busted in the proverbial sense and will be preoccupied with his own stuff. Which means this is just me. Which means I'll need help running this tourney (@JuggleGuy, Carroll, whoever else, Shane even)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

Basically, Max/Vanir/Aesir got busted in the proverbial sense and will be preoccupied with his own stuff. Which means this is just me. Which means I'll need help running this tourney (@JuggleGuy, Carroll, whoever else, Shane even)
Ill run you over with a car if that helps?

Get Low

Smash Ace

I have TO experience. I'll seed the bracket. :D
Carroll vs. Silentswag first round seems fair.
Get Low vs. Stro.
Kanye Rest vs. Abu.
It will be the greatest bracket of all time. ;D

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'll help out with anything except registration and equipment. Dealt with enough of that at my own tourneys, hope you understand :p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh look, more people disliking floaty dittos cause it's not "blink blink blink blink" or dumb dash dancing characters that get away with being boring cause they're fast.

I actually like every ditto in the game. They're pretty interesting (except for Falcon dittos).

Get Low

Smash Ace
Oh look, more people disliking floaty dittos cause it's not "blink blink blink blink" or dumb dash dancing characters that get away with being boring cause they're fast.

I actually like every ditto in the game. They're pretty interesting (except for Falcon dittos).
Oh my God, I completely agree with every single thing you just said. THANK YOU.

Peach dittos. <3

Droly

Smash Ace

um ok...more like you can't gimp each other, or combo each other; how is that fun? Wtf? and falcon dittos are amazing, esp if you love tech chasing...

Get Low

Smash Ace
um ok...more like you can't gimp each other, or combo each other; how is that fun? Wtf?
I feel that floaty battles require a lot more critical in-game thought in order to defeat your opponent, which feels a lot more rewarding than who can do the flashiest combos.

Droly

Smash Ace
I feel that floaty battles require a lot more critical in-game thought in order to defeat your opponent, which feels a lot more rewarding than who can do the flashiest combos.
it's just spacing using pound on crouch cancel % and hard reading with smashes, basically boring and the never ending stocks...like It's so boring I hate JIGS VS JIGS ; PEACH VS JIGS, PEACH VS PEACH. TBH I hate dittos and I think they should be banned for counter picks and they should only happen with double blind pick. And it's not like I don't play JIGGS or PEACH, I play both actually and pretty well too.

I only like these match ups, Jiggs vs Fox/Falco/Falcon
Fox Vs Falco/Jiggs/Marth/Falcon/Shiek/Peach
Falco Vs Fox/Jiggs/Marth/Shiek/Peach
Marth vs Falco
Peach vs anyone but jiggs.
Shiek vs Low Tier (FTILT FAIR COMBOS EVERY CHAR)

Top Bottom