• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wrestling (WWE, TNA, etc)

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
The official Wrestlemania 28 Match Tier list:

A:

John Cena Vs The Rock
Tripple H vs Undertaker
Jericho vs CM Punk

B:

Orton Vs Kane
Kelly's n' Partner vs Beth Phoenix n Partner
Team Johny vs Team Teddy
Big Show vs Cody

C:

Shamus vs Daniel

Ahhh...Good Sheee~: Wrestlemania 28 eddition

Rock: for beating Cena and mind gaming action B as he though you would pass out cuz of cena's hold.
Cena: for trying to do the people elbow.
Undertaker: For getting up more than once, survived the Wombo Combo, taking multiple chair shots and keeping your streak.
HBK/HHH: For doing the Wombo Combo (Sweet Shin to Pedigree).
HBK: For stopping both of them cuz of the abuse they were doing to each other.
HHH: For bringing and using the sledge hammer.
CM Punk: for getting out of Jericho's wall multiple times.
Centino: For doing hard reads on his match
Rtruth, keingston, and that one guy: For jumping off the ring to knok down team johhny at the same time.
Hornswoggle: for trying to knocking down some of the members of team Johnny by jumping from the top rope.
Maria: For beating Beth Phoenix.
Broudus Cley: for literally calling his mama during this event.
Big Show: For wrecking the hell out of Cody.
Daniel Brian: For making a new world record for shortest WWE tittle match in WM.
Action B.: For yelling Red Halbert's "Johns" and "****" and teaching the crowd the meaning of those two things.
Mayor of Miami: For hosting WM 28.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
What happened to Bryan was a huge ****ing travesty and if it weren't for how amazing the matches that followed were, I would have been left with a really sour taste in my mouth.
How exactly was it a travesty?

The guy snaked the title in the 1st place.

On top of that he hasn't retained cleanly once as far as I know, that or he would just run away.

He doesn't deserve to be champion, simple as.

Sheamus got a bigger reaction for that epic win than Bryan will get in his entire career for a good reason.

Because it was genius.

I laughed so hard.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How exactly was it a travesty?

The guy snaked the title in the 1st place.

On top of that he hasn't retained cleanly once as far as I know, that or he would just run away.

He doesn't deserve to be champion, simple as.

Sheamus got a bigger reaction for that epic win than Bryan will get in his entire career for a good reason.

Because it was genius.

I laughed so hard.
Okay so let me break it down without trying to kill you.

Unlike some people, I paid for this PPV because now that I'm an adult that earns his money and doesn't have to BUT MUUUUUUUUM his way into watching PPVs, I was expecting a world title match.

I was expecting Bryan to lose, because it's how the stars were aligned, however I was still expecting some competition for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, a top tier title, something which is supposed to have prestige.

Sheamus' music hit and you could hear boos, there were cheers but also boos, but who cares at least the crowd was hot.

Bryan comes out, big pop, the whole crowd is shouting YES YES YES along with him as he jumps down the ramp, holy ****, this is glorious. Bryan gets in the ring, everyone's still going YES YES YES. Already a bigger reaction to Sheamus winning.

Ding ding ding, Sheamus wins. Oh great, thanks I paid good money for this ****.

Oh look, next match, the crowd is chanting YES YES YES and DANIEL BRYAN during the entire thing, and even the next match, apart from that, the crowd is now lukewarm.

Maria Menounoafoivnadofv pinning Beth Phoenix and humiliating the women's division further than was previously fathomable is apparently worth more time than the World Heavyweight Championship. Great.

Hell in a Cell and after brought the show back to life, but really, the opening was ****ing ****ty not even from a smark or whatever the **** you want to call me or anyone on the internet that follows wrestling. I like Bryan as a heel, meaning I don't expect him to plow his way through people like Hulk Hogan, what I do expect is a top heel in a title match getting time to actually showcase his in ring talent. Oh yeah about that, in ring talent, something Bryan has more of than 90% of the roster, something I expect to see showcased when I ****ing pay for a PPV. Even if that involves him being tossed around for 10 minutes, at least I'm seeing Bryan do something in ring.

You honestly think Sheamus is more over than Daniel Bryan when people were chanting Bryan's name for an hour continuing after the match?

LOL

OKAY

Yes he is a chicken**** heel.

Yes he needed to get his comeuppance.

I don't pay for PPVs to see a World Champion get a bicycle kick and then get pinned in less time than it takes me to even get excited for the show.

The amount of buzz that killed was absolutely ridiculous, and insulting to both men who competed because it basically said "Flo Rida pushing Heath Slater, fat black women dancing, people beating up crabs on their plates, and some wigger with legs thinner than your arms are more important than 2 people competing for the World Heavyweight championship".

You like wrestling?

Hahahahahahaha what is this World WRESTLING Entertainment?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
MGK is a scrawny little *****, saying it now. Rock should have given him a rock bottom.

The **** is with these guys who try to play so hard and they look about as intimidating as I did when I was ****ing 12.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Daniel Bryan is boring and not over

What's that? The entire front row is filled with Bryan signs?

Must be a plant.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
At lest bryan made a world record for shortest title match in wm history <=).
Yup, I will be telling this to my grand kids one day lol.

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
At lest bryan made a world record for shortest title match in wm history <=).
Yup, I will be telling this to my grand kids one day lol.

ACTUALLY YOU'LL FIND THAT WAS KANE VS CHAVO GUERRERO 8 SECONDS BROTHER BECAUSE ONLY PEOPLE OVER 300 POUNDS LIKE THE HULKSTER CAN SET RECORDS JACK.

ANYWAY UNLIKE THAT IDIOT TERAN THE HULK IS GLAD THAT AN ACTUALLY MUSCULAR GUY LIKE SHEAMUS WENT OVER THAT VANILLA ****** DANIEL BRYAN BROTHER.

LET'S FACE IT, BRYAN'S NOT EVEN A CRUISERWEIGHT HE'S SO DAMN SMALL, THE HULK'S 24 INCH PYTHONS ARE PROBABLY BIGGER THAN HIS LEGS BROTHER, THE MARKS JUST DONT WANT SOMEONE LIKE THAT ON THEIR SCREEN DUDE.

SO YEAH THAT SHEAMUS KID TOTALLY READY BROTHER BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MEANS NOTHING SINCE THE MATCH AS AN 18 SECOND SQUASH TO CURTAIN JERK WRESTLEMANIA, THE SHOW THAT THE HULKSTER MADE ICONIC BROTHER.

THE HULK DOESN'T DIG THAT BROTHER, YOU'RE TARNISHING THE PRESTIGE OF THE WORLD TITLE AND WRESTLEMANIA BROTHERDUDEJACK.[COLLAPSE="[img]lolololololololololololoolblankpost[/img]"][/COLLAPSE]

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
ACTUALLY YOU'LL FIND THAT WAS KANE VS CHAVO GUERRERO 8 SECONDS BROTHER BECAUSE ONLY PEOPLE OVER 300 POUNDS LIKE THE HULKSTER CAN SET RECORDS JACK.

ANYWAY UNLIKE THAT IDIOT TERAN THE HULK IS GLAD THAT AN ACTUALLY MUSCULAR GUY LIKE SHEAMUS WENT OVER THAT VANILLA ****** DANIEL BRYAN BROTHER.

LET'S FACE IT, BRYAN'S NOT EVEN A CRUISERWEIGHT HE'S SO DAMN SMALL, THE HULK'S 24 INCH PYTHONS ARE PROBABLY BIGGER THAN HIS LEGS BROTHER, THE MARKS JUST DONT WANT SOMEONE LIKE THAT ON THEIR SCREEN DUDE.

SO YEAH THAT SHEAMUS KID TOTALLY READY BROTHER BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MEANS NOTHING SINCE THE MATCH AS AN 18 SECOND SQUASH TO CURTAIN JERK WRESTLEMANIA, THE SHOW THAT THE HULKSTER MADE ICONIC BROTHER.

THE HULK DOESN'T DIG THAT BROTHER, YOU'RE TARNISHING THE PRESTIGE OF THE WORLD TITLE AND WRESTLEMANIA BROTHERDUDEJACK.[COLLAPSE="[img]lolololololololololololoolblankpost[/img]"][/COLLAPSE]
whoops, I totaly forgot about that match lol, nvm.

Pikaville

When did I say Sheamus was more over than Bryan?

I just said the crowd made more noise when he won than during Bryans entrance.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that it was April fools day and that a troll match was bound to happen.

Finally, the WHC has very little prestige these days really.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You also seem to be ignoring the fact that it was April fools day and that a troll match was bound to happen.
Hear that everybody? People should expect you to **** with your paying customers because it's April ****ing Fools day!

I need to commit murder on April Fools day then tell the parents of my poor innocent victim that, hey, something was bound to happen!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i'm with akuma

sheamus v bryan happened the way it should have happened

it made everyone in the world tak about it, it fits in well with the storyline, and will give bryan a whole bunch of time on the mic to ***** about it/possibly blame aj

also, it was hilarious

true story

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You guys are cancer to wrestling.

Anyway, Raw last night was the best **** ever. Like, best for like 10 years.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You guys are cancer to wrestling.

Anyway, Raw last night was the best **** ever. Like, best for like 10 years.
No it wasn't, the bad guys won! The good guys should win!

Especially those awesome smashmouth wrestlers that show almost absolutely no real in ring skill, just the ability to go BWAAAHHHHHHHH. Cuz you know, huge hyped up match ending quick is HIIILLAAARIIIOUS, oh yeah, the fans loved that, not like Daniel Bryan had a big following or anything, right?

What's that? You hear it...?

YES!
YES!
YES!
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
When did I say Sheamus was more over than Bryan?

I just said the crowd made more noise when he won than during Bryans entrance.
Sheamus got a bigger reaction for that epic win than Bryan will get in his entire career..

Stop talking.

Yes people bought Wrestlemania tickets to get pranked.

Finally, the WHC has very little prestige these days really.
And **** like this is why, and people like you for enabling this bull****.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
[yt]i__IuG1l0mE[/yt]

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i__IuG1l0mE&amp;feature=youtu.be

Honestly I don't think you people are thinking with a functioning brain right now. I wouldn't have been happy if Sheamus got ****ed up that fast either, but **** YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO THIS AND TELL ME BRYAN DOESN'T HAVE A BIG FOLLOWING. THAT BOTCH WAS NOT GOOD FOR ****ING BUSINESS.
Raw disproved this. Daniel Bryan was more over than Brock and probably The Rock.

If WWE has an ounce of reason, they will let this take it's course and allow Sheamus to stay a heel.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Raw disproved this. Daniel Bryan was more over than Brock and probably The Rock.

If WWE has an ounce of reason, they will let this take it's course and allow Sheamus to stay a heel.
Disproved that it was bad for business?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe, maybe, still seems like a **** up on the writer's part. It was certainly not ****ing "hilarious" as Ciaza put it. >:[

Either way FAK DE SHEAMUS.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If anything, this will show everyone whether WWE cares at all.

That response was louder than The Rock in his home town. People were breaking character because of it. That's a big deal.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have a feeling that was just Florida being Florida. Kinda like Canada lol

Actually it was the Wrestlemania crowd who stayed on for Raw the next night. Miami's crowds are usually awful, Florida in general are terrible when it comes to making noise or showing any sort of passion.

Hell from what I hear the denizens of Miami leave the arena half empty for Miami Heat games.

But yeah as CK said places like Philly and NYC are the die hard wrestling territories with the noisiest crowds. We may not see a crowd like that for a good while, but Extreme Rules will probably be riotous now considering the smarks will have all watched that Raw. I just can't wait for the next event at MSG too.

Also the UK should be pretty noisy, but we're just really noisy crowds in general, plus the fact that anyone here that goes to a wrestling show is more invested than the average American family crowd members consisting of mothers taking Little Jimmies to events.

It's not PG that makes WWE eh really, it's the fact that kids and soccer moms are like the worst crowd you could possibly have. No screaming and shouting, no holy **** chants, nothing, just typical suburban soccer mom MY CHILD IS WELL BEHAVED AND DOESN'T MAKE NOISE bull****.

Crowd noise is what makes wrestling a true spectacle.

Pikaville

No it wasn't, the bad guys won! The good guys should win!

Especially those awesome smashmouth wrestlers that show almost absolutely no real in ring skill, just the ability to go BWAAAHHHHHHHH. Cuz you know, huge hyped up match ending quick is HIIILLAAARIIIOUS, oh yeah, the fans loved that, not like Daniel Bryan had a big following or anything, right?

What's that? You hear it...?

YES!
YES!
YES!
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!
That's funny because I personaly think Bryan is HORRENDOUSLY over rated.

"LOL I can run up the ropes and backflip over people, I can also suicide dive, I have so much in ring skill."

A drugged out Jeff Hardy can do anything Bryan does. xD

Also Sheamus doesn't really botch, Bryan does.

Quite frequently as far as recent memory goes., here is 2 examples, good ones at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU7yCbCNFCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NUkGTmx9s

Stop talking.
No thanks, elitest schmuks are the most fun to argue with.

Yes people bought Wrestlemania tickets to get pranked.
Maybe not, but then again, do you really think people bought WM tickets primarily to see Sheamus vs Bryan?

And **** like this is why, and people like you for enabling this bull****.
No, the title has been tarnished over time by it being handed to average or worse wrestlers over the past year or 2.

For example, Mysterio, Swagger, Orton, Big Show,Mark Henry and Christian.

Then less so Jeff Hardy and Kane.

Not to mention the fact that it was a WCW belt before that and AN ACTOR has carried it. :troll:

In other news, RAW was indeed fantastic.

WWE won't be the same with Lesnar back on the scene.

It will be better!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's because you think Sheamus is good in ring. If you can't see Bryan's ability in ring then you are blind.

"LOL I can run up the ropes and backflip over people, I can also suicide dive, I have so much in ring skill."
>Implying spot monkey flippy **** is what we're referencing.

No, what we're referencing is his massive body of wrestling work, plus the ability he has displayed in WWE to put on wrestling clinics and sell moves.

You know it's funny the measure od someone's in ring ability doesn't really mean much to me, because ****, a lot of great wrestlers are boring like Tyson Kidd, but Bryan's perfectly crafted heel turn was ****ing amazing and he was pure entertainment from the beginning to the end.

No he couldn't. All Jeff Hardy really does is flip around like John Morisson. You're probably one of those people who thought JoMo was a great wrestler and WWE shouldn't have let him go, when really all he did is flip flop around like a fish and was really the biggest load of flashy nothing I'd ever seen.

Quite frequently as far as recent memory goes., here is 2 examples, good ones at that.
I think he was just using the word botch in its more irl sense rather than botch as in botching a move.

No thanks, elitest schmuks are the most fun to argue with.
But I literally showed you to be completely full of ****. You backtracked and backpedalled on what you said because you were shown not only to be wrong, but even lied about what you said like a day ago, which was recorded in text. -__-

Maybe not, but then again, do you really think people bought WM tickets primarily to see Sheamus vs Bryan?
No, they bought Wrestlemania to get a once in a year wrestling extravaganza, instead they got the WHC championship match that opened the show completely pissed on and instead had to watch stupid segments about crabs, Flo Rida, Kane Orton being extremely long (it was a good match don't get me wrong but considering its lack of build and significance, it could have lent more time to WHC), Maria ****ing Menounos, I mean seriously. The fact that you keep trying to sidestep the fact that it was just s ****ty move on paying customers is incredibly lame.

No, the title has been tarnished over time by it being handed to average or worse wrestlers over the past year or 2.

For example, Mysterio
I am a huge detractor of Mysterio (mainly because he's booked as a pint sized Mexican Cena), but he's not a bad wrestler. Then again luchadors are a bit bleh because all they do is flip everywhere but whatever he does less of that.

At the time Swagger was champ, he was getting a good push. Swagger is a very good wrestler, and is a victim of WWE's push pull stupid booking. Also how they gave him the name Swagger when he has a lisp LOL

If you're referencing Orton taking the steal off Christian then yes. Otherwise Orton holding the title in kayfabe doesn't really **** on the title, since Orton is meant to be like on par with Cena.

Agreed that was pointless.

,Mark Henry
Mark Henry's run was ****ing amazing. Mark Henry legitimised that strap if anything. Oh my God the World's Strongest Man holding the belt is an insult to it! Lolwat

and Christian.
Christian is a veteran who could still go, plus the fact that he does have a pretty damn strong following not just on the internet, even the casual fans liked him when he was a face. What screwed it all up was what followed -__-

Then less so Jeff Hardy
Actually yes Jeff Hardy, but that was not in the past 2 years, and to be fair Jeff was always pretty over.

and Kane.
Kane deserved that damn run, unless you're saying the whole PAUL PAUL thing ruined it, which yes it did, but Kane held the strap for ages and not having the title be a hot potato is very nice.

Not to mention the fact that it was a WCW belt before that and AN ACTOR has carried it. :troll:
Same design, not the same legacy.

In other news, RAW was indeed fantastic.

WWE won't be the same with Lesnar back on the scene.

It will be better!
Let's hope BORK LASER can still go.

Pikaville

That's because you think Sheamus is good in ring. If you can't see Bryan's ability in ring then you are blind.
I never said I couldn't see it, I just said he was over rated.He isn't THAT great.Lots of wrestlers can do what he does.Being in the business for so long you'd think he would have a better move list by now.

>Implying spot monkey flippy **** is what we're referencing.
No, what we're referencing is his massive body of wrestling work, plus the ability he has displayed in WWE to put on wrestling clinics and sell moves.

You know it's funny the measure od someone's in ring ability doesn't really mean much to me, because ****, a lot of great wrestlers are boring like Tyson Kidd, but Bryan's perfectly crafted heel turn was ****ing amazing and he was pure entertainment from the beginning to the end.
Calling Big Show a ******* and snaking a bunch of victories is pure entertainment?

No he couldn't. All Jeff Hardy really does is flip around like John Morisson. You're probably one of those people who thought JoMo was a great wrestler and WWE shouldn't have let him go, when really all he did is flip flop around like a fish and was really the biggest load of flashy nothing I'd ever seen.
JoMo was good, he was just let down by his huge lack of charisma/mic skills.Speaking of entertaining.......

I think he was just using the word botch in its more irl sense rather than botch as in botching a move.
I meant he botches moves more than Sheamus.

But I literally showed you to be completely full of ****. You backtracked and backpedalled on what you said because you were shown not only to be wrong, but even lied about what you said like a day ago, which was recorded in text. -__-
Backtracked on what? That I said Sheamus got a bigger cheer for his win than Bryans entrance at WM?(Which he did) Also that he won't get a cheer as big as that in his whole career? Maybe I was wrong about that, but I think people just like "YES!" and not Bryan himself.

Also what did I lie about exactly?

No, they bought Wrestlemania to get a once in a year wrestling extravaganza, instead they got the WHC championship match that opened the show completely pissed on and instead had to watch stupid segments about crabs, Flo Rida, Kane Orton being extremely long (it was a good match don't get me wrong but considering its lack of build and significance, it could have lent more time to WHC), Maria ****ing Menounos, I mean seriously. The fact that you keep trying to sidestep the fact that it was just s ****ty move on paying customers is incredibly lame.
They still got a wrestling extravanganza, you got to see the highlight of the match that would have been anyway, which was Sheamus kicking Bryan in the face for the win.

It's only 1 match, probably the least hyped "important" match of the night no less, I don't get why people are so pissed about this.

Do you even watch much RAW or Smackdown?

Because WWE is FULL of stupid segments week after week.

There is literally less wrestling than segments EVERY WEEK.

I don't think it was a ****ty move, I knew something crazy like that would happen in at least 1 match.

The man who should realistically squash Bryan, squashed Bryan.

He has a rematch anyway so you'll get your match. (Probably for the next 3 PPV'S no less.)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I never said I couldn't see it, I just said he was over rated.He isn't THAT great.Lots of wrestlers can do what he does.Being in the business for so long you'd think he would have a better move list by now.
He has a move list longer than most wrestlers on the roster have combined, WWE likes to restrict people to a very small repertoire as they go up the card. Case in point, Cena from throwing different suplexes etc around to just 5 moves of doom.

Calling Big Show a ******* and snaking a bunch of victories is pure entertainment?
Silppery heels are ****ing amazing and you KNOW it annoys you when he does that, which **** wow he's doing his job go figure. From my own twisted perspective, all his I'M A ROLE MODEL, YES, and SHUT UP AJs make me die with laughter.

JoMo was good, he was just let down by his huge lack of charisma/mic skills.Speaking of entertaining.......
No JoMo was nothing but flippy **** personified.

I meant he botches moves more than Sheamus.
I know you did.

Also lol Sheamus' aerial moves are basically always botched on account of his lack of ability to actually fly. Plus the fact that if all you do is go BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and club people for about 5 minutes before doing a bicycle kick, it's very hard to botch.

Backtracked on what? That I said Sheamus got a bigger cheer for his win than Bryans entrance at WM?(Which he did) Also that he won't get a cheer as big as that in his whole career? Maybe I was wrong about that, but I think people just like "YES!" and not Bryan himself.
Yes by saying he won't get a cheer like that in his whole career. And YES is Daniel Bryan's signature. If you like YES, you appreciate Bryan, not to mention they chanted Daniel Bryan all night on RAW, the first hour of Mania, I mean **** you are actually beyond silly.

Also what did I lie about exactly?
"When did I say Bryan wasn't over?"

Bryan will never get a cheer like that! And **** you've JUST ****ing said AGAIN that you don't think Bryan is over.

but I think people just like "YES!" and not Bryan himself.

They still got a wrestling extravanganza, you got to see the highlight of the match that would have been anyway, which was Sheamus kicking Bryan in the face for the win.
By that logic, I just tune in to wrestling to see people deliver their finishers and **** off home. That's some Vince Russo **** right there.

NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH A WRESTLING MATCH LOL

It's only 1 match, probably the least hyped "important" match of the night no less, I don't get why people are so pissed about this.
There is no such thing as ONLY ONE MATCH when it comes to Wrestlemania. Every match on the Wrestlemania card is meant to be ****ing important, it's meant to be big, it's meant to give you your money's worth. That is why Wrestlemania costs lots of ****ing money and is so hyped every year.

Do you even watch much RAW or Smackdown?
No I watch Monday Nitro.

Because WWE is FULL of stupid segments week after week.
Stupid segments that I don't pay for. Not to mention the stupidity of the comparison. Raw and Smackdown can afford to be silly because they are weekly shows and aren't supposed to be the big one. You have like 4 Raws/Smackdowns between each PPV, you can afford to mess around a bit, the expectations for the shows are ENTIRELY different.

There is literally less wrestling than segments EVERY WEEK.
Which is ****ing terrible (although Smackdown usually has more in ring action which is why it's better). You keep using this terrible logic that "oh WWE does all this stupid **** so you shouldn't be mad at this really stupid ****!"

Hitler killed 6 million Jews so whatever if he killed like 10 thousand gypsies amirite?

2 wrongs don't make a right, it's this CONTINUED pattern of stupidity that makes WWE annoying. The thing is it's one thing to **** up Raw, but Wrestlemania has a massively higher bar of standards set for it.

I don't think it was a ****ty move, I knew something crazy like that would happen in at least 1 match.
They could have just made it the Diva's match, or ****, take that off the card and use the time for WHC, then we'd have NONE of that bull****! Wow can you imagine that? No stupid stunts? That would be terrible!

The man who should realistically squash Bryan, squashed Bryan.
Sheamus got knocked the **** out by Yoshi Tatsu irl, that guy can't squash ****. Not to mention if Big Show or Mark Henry couldn't get the title off him, how is the guy who got ****ing WRECKED by Henry going to squash D Bry?

In any case, there are other ways to squash than LOLBROGUEKICK

He has a rematch anyway so you'll get your match. (Probably for the next 3 PPV'S no less.)
But I wanted it at Wrestlemania which I paid for.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU7yCbCNFCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NUkGTmx9s
The first link was Bryan selling his rib injury. They did the same thing at a Dragon Gate USA show this past weekend, where a guy who had his leg targeted the entire match fell while doing a spring board. You can tell he actually intended to do it because he went down differently than if he was trying to execute the move and failed.

Also, Sheamus has botched his own finishing move.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBioDMPFro

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzfpMAqRLs
This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwZIMIH2Rw&feature=related
And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6VJwMLETjg&feature=related

are examples of why the audience has chanted him "Best in the World." Bryan is capable of showing a lot in a match other than just great moves. If he was just focused on getting a good wrestle repetoire, he'd probably have crossed over to MMA. In the ring, he always tells a story, and those are good examples. Jeff Hardy's worst match was him being unable to wrestle due to being drugged out of his mind on TNA. Danielson's worst match is due to bad booking.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
smackdown was great

i won't spoil anything though as i know you americans don't get to watch smackdown for a while unlike us aussies

also, can anyone truly tell me that if daniel bryan didn't lose in 18 seconds at wrestlemania he would still be this over? i mean really, him losing in such a controversial fashion caused an uproar everywhere, including here. since so many people got pissed they were more motivated to show thier support the following nights

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's kinda like the Montreal Screwjob. Just because it put Vince over as the greatest heel of all time, doesn't mean that it wasn't a ****ty thing to do.

Not exactly the same situation here but you should be able to get the analogy.

Pikaville

That was Rhodes fault for the botch, not Sheamus'. xD

Also there is really no point in arguing about Bryan anymore, we just have different opinions.

I will admit though that he will probably become mega over with the crowd after WM and RAW.

Wonder what's gonna happen on Smackdown.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That was Rhodes fault for the botch, not Sheamus'. xD

Also there is really no point in arguing about Bryan anymore, we just have different opinions.

I will admit though that he will probably become mega over with the crowd after WM and RAW.

Wonder what's gonna happen on Smackdown.
He'll get over with the crowd until he gets paired up with another big face/cheerable wrestler.

Kinda like how Jericho went heel because they boo'd him over Shawn Michaels. Like how The Rock went heel because of Canada chanting for Hogan and vocally booing The Rock.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Stumbled onto this and just throwing it out but...Morrison COULD have been pretty good. His woman just ruined his career. I'll always maintain that Morrison>Miz.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's kinda like the Montreal Screwjob. Just because it put Vince over as the greatest heel of all time, doesn't mean that it wasn't a ****ty thing to do.

Not exactly the same situation here but you should be able to get the analogy.
i dunno, i honestly think it was genius - it's not like creative doesn't know danielson is an internet darling and the controversial ****storm that would arise from the match. the crowd reaction that he gets now are brilliant, so it's not like he's going away any time soon either. regardless, whether it was good or bad it seemed to be for the best so good for him.

Stumbled onto this and just throwing it out but...Morrison COULD have been pretty good. His woman just ruined his career. I'll always maintain that Morrison>Miz.
morrison was on his way to superstardom as he was pretty over with the younger crowd (even if his mic work came under fire a lot), so it's a shame he got future endeavoured. however i'm not gonna lie he rode miz's coattails a lot, so miz defs > morrison

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, I just finished reading X-Pac's history on wiki. Didn't know he fell that low >_>. Was one of my favorite DX members. Him and Kane also having the tag team championship was an interesting twist as well.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
i dunno, i honestly think it was genius - it's not like creative doesn't know danielson is an internet darling and the controversial ****storm that would arise from the match. the crowd reaction that he gets now are brilliant, so it's not like he's going away any time soon either. regardless, whether it was good or bad it seemed to be for the best so good for him.
WWE Creative had no idea this was going to happen, they wanted to do it to get Sheamus over, instead it backfired.

You're giving this team way too much credit. This is the team that writes **** like "EDDIE'S IN HELL!", ****** a mannequin dressed as Kane, Hornswoggle winning a championship belt, Natalya farting, I could go on forever.

That may have been the catalyst for the current YES's, but I do feel in a way it would have perpetuated anyway, I mean his entrance pop at Mania was huge and the crowd really got into it. DBry got over off of his own talent and skill, but yeah you're right a bit of luck and fate are always involved in catapulting people.

morrison was on his way to superstardom as he was pretty over with the younger crowd (even if his mic work came under fire a lot), so it's a shame he got future endeavoured. however i'm not gonna lie he rode miz's coattails a lot, so miz defs > morrison
Morrison was nothing but the embodiment of stupid flippy ****. Like I'm not going to take away from his athletic ability or the fact that acrobatic moves can be impressive, but seriously when instead of just smacking someone you make some effort to run up to the ropes and do some ****ed up corkscrewing springboard attack or whatever that literally looks like it has done more damage to you, then it's a problem.

Hell the fact that that was his ENTIRE offence really made me go =/

Like seriously all he ever did was do somersaults everywhere, I just never bought him being able to beat anyone up, at all.

But that's just me and my bias against people who flip everywhere.

Also Smackdown was so lol, some great segments, although WWE's editing of the crowd noise is really annoying. It really does go to show they don't really care what the fans think, despite what they say.

Top Bottom