• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

MrEh

Smash Hero
I never forget Scizor. He's #1 in usage for a reason.

But yeah, 2nd gen had some cool stuff. Notably Sudowoodo and Xatu.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I told my roomie I was raising a Dunsparce, and he told me he was gonna two shot me.

I was like, "Dude...you know this thing's gonna make you hate your life, right?"

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, sadly no. He's NU.

That said, Dunsparce can still hax OU Pokemon into submission. It's just very hard for him to survive multiple hits.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yeah, Dunsparce is a load of poo. He certainly LOOKS amazing though.

Dunsparce is just too slow and can't hit worth crap. He has good HP, but his defenses aren't remarkable. He can flinch a lot, but if you're trying to do that, you might as well use Togekiss.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
dunsparce just gets more and more terrible as you go along in the game. it started off awesome against falkner/bugsy/whitney but now i have 8 badges and its just so bad compared to the rest of my team :<

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, same here. :/ Mine used to be bulky, but now he pretty much gets two shot by everything.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Dunsparce can be SLIGHTLY bulky against moderately powerful Pokemon, provided it's EV'ed correctly and has good IV's.

It won't be taking hits from Garchomp anytime soon though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Dunsparce can be SLIGHTLY bulky against moderately powerful Pokemon, provided it's EV'ed correctly and has good IV's.

It won't be taking hits from Garchomp anytime soon though.

True but that still doesn't change that your better off using Togekiss or Jirachi :p

Other then the fact that dunscrape is cool, hes pretty useless.

MrEh

Smash Hero
You won't be using Dunspparce in competitive play anyway.

There's no reason to use him for flinch hax when there are Pokemon that do it better. He just looks cool. lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm pretty sure CD stands for Common Discussion, although knowing Gen it's probably something more...crude.

nd cheq dat MLG ruleset sonnnnnn

More importantly the stage list but w/e.

GREEN GREENS GR INFINITES GO

obvjoke

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Garchomp has two Base Speed points higher than Salamence.
It's also Uber because:
It's crazily bulky and can take more Ice punishment than most Dragons, even though it's also dually weak to the type.
Says "screw you" to Stealth Rock
Gets an Evasion boost in Sandstorm (and is immune to it)
Has an EXTREMELY irritating Speed stat (as previously mentioned)
Learns Swords Dance
Gets STAB on two types that are almost unresisted together (only Steel/Flying or any Steel type with Levitate can do it)
Yache Berry can prevent it from going down in one hit from Ice moves even if it would have KOed it before

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Garchomp has two Base Speed points higher than Salamence.
It's also Uber because:
It's crazily bulky and can take more Ice punishment than most Dragons, even though it's also dually weak to the type.
Says "screw you" to Stealth Rock
Gets an Evasion boost in Sandstorm (and is immune to it)
Has an EXTREMELY irritating Speed stat (as previously mentioned)
Learns Swords Dance
Gets STAB on two types that are almost unresisted together (only Steel/Flying or any Steel type with Levitate can do it)
Yache Berry can prevent it from going down in one hit from Ice moves even if it would have KOed it before

Eggg....

I remember evasion boost annoying me SO much everytime I would play when he was unbanned. I still think he could be reintroduced to OU at some point. With latias becoming OU I think we have another pokemon who can do SOMETHING with the right predicting.

B!squick

Smash Master
Missing No. is obviously the best Pokemon ever. /end discussion

Also, link to the MLG rules and stages please.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I actually really like the rule set. I find the use of Green Greens VERY strange, but at least the strict ledge grab limit means no planking. :D At least nothing long term anyway.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Missing No. is obviously the best Pokemon ever. /end discussion

Also, link to the MLG rules and stages please.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I actually really like the rule set. I find the use of Green Greens VERY strange, but at least the strict ledge grab limit means no planking. :D At least nothing long term anyway.
Most of the original ruleset was awful/ still is awful, and people like richbrown are voicing their opinions and helping fix the ruleset.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Green Greeens... :/

I hope they don't decide to get rid of the "Marth can not do infinite grab releases to Ness/Lucas" rule. It always made me wonder why some rulesets disallowed DDD to infinite chaingrab Luigi, DK, Bowser yet nobody disallowed Marth/Charizard (hopefully they include Charizard in too, his is just as bad as Marth's :/) from infiniting Ness/Lucas.

Top Bottom