• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wrath: Crew in Philly/New Jersey Looking for new member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Noes! i'm not coming home this weekend i don't think....i mean i guess i could? Let me know and keep me posted! I've been spending a lot of time playing Rep from CT. i could probably supply a camera for the recording.....like an actual digital camcorder not like a tiny camera, so the film would be pretty good quality

Grill

Smash Cadet
Oorah I'm never picking marth against you ever again you get sheik and only sheik and I dont wanna hear another word about it!

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Lol... I know Grill, I understand. It'll only be a matter of time I hope before I will be doing the same thing to sheiks, with my Raw Power Ganon... haha (RPG)

For the record, the challenge, as was said, wouldn't be till the evening... probably about 6-ish. So Velocity, Dot and Pete... REPLY ALREADY!! heh. I need the input from of the rest of you guys.

Triad: I know you are are under heavy time management as well as I am. That is why I would try to hold it for the later end of the day. But, keep me updated, nothing is official. In fact this is only in the concept stage of the battle.

Jose (Turnip): Same goes for you. This is all concept still, I want to get everyone in first, then make things official. So we still have to wait for some responses. If anything comes up I will call you.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
If we could get responses like before friday if it will be this weekend...that would be great. I'd have to take the bus/train home friday afternoon to get there friday night. I have another week of midterms coming up. My professors decided that they weren't going to assign anything major until the last 5 weeks of school....jerks

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
i'm thirsty

dot you changed your post T-T

now this looks stupid and spamy
now all of wrath surely hates me lol

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
You *** Dot... 4sho, grill, tec0, tec9 and a binch of other goofballs that stink.. but those 4 named are legitly good. im pretty darn sure we could beat em but it would be good practice. plus it would give them an idea of where they are at in the smash community.

If you dont want to do it its fine then dont worry about it...

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
there is a first time for everything and i believe this is the last time i'm posting in here for a while

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
It is not that you can not post, it is that you shouldn't post uselessness that's all. Just be respectful. If you have any comments pertaining to things we say, I have no objection with you speaking out, as long as it is tasteful and stays within the topic.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget Mr. Wobbles...whatever his gamer tag is...lol...god i hate that move...i am pretty certain we would beat them, but I do agree with oorakabrabinator it would be great practice. Also and I guess that if the rest of wrath can't make it but as soon as college lets out Team Siafu is really interested in meeting up with us again and playing us. I've been talking to them quite a lot, and i believe that as a whole they seem to be a pretty solid crew (its the crew with that good link, Phil, and that really creative mewtwo)...that would probably provide lots of close matches and it would give them just as much practice as us...and they were really cool guys so i will keep them and you guys posted if i am ever able to start taking steps toward anything there and any other members of wrath are obviously welcome to come

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Envy (or Mr. Wobbles) is not a threat... as for Siafu, I am not sure that it would be worth the other guys driving out such a distance for that battle, they are not THAT great. In fact I would see that to be too easy a match. Would the north end play for fun, sure I wouldn't mind it. But I would not make the other guys come all the way up for that.

That being said, if you can stay in touch with them do so. They are still cool players and people. I would not mind playing them any time.

Velocity

Smash Lord
*puts down controller from playing starfox since monday* (mm ne1 4 ne amount in this game ) so yeah ill come to this thing all i read was something about dot being requiring nuirishment or something and all the other characters sitting around asking wheres velocity and i should have access to a cheese machine

Grill

Smash Cadet
I.H.N.C would greately appreciate the practice from an already established crew. We need the experience if were going to get serious with this thing. Most of our members have never participated in a tournament including myself. Good stuff Oorah for setting things up, i'm looking forward to meeting the members of wrath and getting a chance to play them.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Grill and the fellow members of IHNC... This is going to be an enjoyable event. Now that we have the official O.K., here is some of the extra info.

April 7th, at my house downstairs.
Address for everyone: 86 West 15th Street, Bayonne NJ 07002.
For those of you coming from out of town, that is exit 14A on the Jersey Turnpike. Once you get into Bayonne off of the toll plaza, make your way , via right turn, to Kennedy BLVD. Once at Kennedy make a left and head down till you see 15th Street. Make a left and I will be the first greenish house on the right (just passed the first handicapped parking space). If you need help simply call me.

We do not need extra tv's. We will have two set up I believe. Although, we are working on some way to find a possibility of taping this. Bring your own controllers fellas. Also, I am planning on ordering Pizza for everyone. It would be nice if you all brought 3 dollars to chip in for the pies.

The rules are still being made. As of now these are the rules until further notice:

Double-blind with random start stage. That means both crew write down their first player and the character that player will be using on a piece of paper then reveal the opening match. We will then proceed to start the match.

After that, crew whos member lost has time to decide their counter pick. This includes player and character. The winner stays with the same amount of stocks from the last match. Percent returns to 0.

Stages will always be random (this rule is subject to stage).

Since the idea is to have everyone play it will be 7 on 7 with 4 stocks each. No altering or moving around the stocks. This will hopefully make for better practice.

For now that is all, any new information or missing information will be supplied ASAP. Just be respectful, I'm looking for a lot of fun here so smply enjoy yourselves without getting rediculously noisy. The event is to start at around 6 PM. Afterwards we can do friendlies and whatnot. Everyone is to be out by 11 PM.

Well, hope to see everyone there! and Mog as special guest referee. I am sorry if anyone else wanted to go, but space is limited so I can't allow for any more.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Can mog come in like an actual referee shirt? That would be friggen awesome. Btw i want a rematch with mogs, stupid fastfall...I guess i'll be riding home friday afternoon, i'll call you boys when i get into NJ and we can maybe hangout/practice the night before?

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
yes... as for my own crew my members, we can start practice much earlier. After me and James have our meeting we can start practice.. so im thinking you guys can be here around 3 to 4.. ill let you know. Mog this can go for you too.

Mog, yes you have to come in a referee shirt with whistle. Members of other crew can start showing up around 5 30-ish.

Edit: Crew members and mog can come around 2... me and james wont be doing our meeting that day. So we can start practice earlier.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Can mog come in like an actual referee shirt? That would be friggen awesome. Btw i want a rematch with mogs, stupid fastfall...I guess i'll be riding home friday afternoon, i'll call you boys when i get into NJ and we can maybe hangout/practice the night before?
There's not enough practice in the world to help you out, boy.

Maybe we'll see Grindhouse.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
really? I seem to remember leaving NJ after beating the crap out of you, (i don't want to hear the old FoD excuse!) lol, but really i think your right...there isn't enough practice to help me, seeing as how you don't provide a challenge anymore.=o) Seriously though....I will be there early for practice.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
1) Stop wasting posts on trash talk... YOU GUYS ARE IN THE SAME CREW.

2) At least TRNP had the spirit from the start to do the crew battle. Heck, the kid is traveling from the New England area just to come to this. Regardless of how he does, I give him an A+ for the energy and effort. That is what this crew needs: SOME OORAH-KA-FRIGGIN-BRA!!

Edit: Also thanks to everyone else traveling in a long way. This is going to be the stuff.

OOOOOOOOORAHHHHH..... KABRAAAAAAAAAA!!

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
I don't like that Atomsk, we will make our own in time... second, we won't have the room for the set ups. Actually, bring set ups anyway, if we can fit them we will. I will find some way.

Edit: Eff what I said, I am going to have two set ups, we have the outlets for more, so bring small set ups and cubes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom