• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow Wtf

VEC

Smash Journeyman
His tourney results are horendous, wonder why, he is doing as bad as yoshi, falcon, mario, etc.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Not many people use Luigi. Which is sad. D:

For me, as a Sonic user, I have a hard time handling Pit users. But Luigi just kicks all kinds of ***.

We need moar WEEGEE!! Everyone's whoring MK and Snake. :p

VEC

Smash Journeyman
lol yea, I was the only person who actually mained Luigi at a local tourney, freaking nooooobs

TheMann

Smash Ace
Its all good to me. I like that he's ranked low. That way people will underestimate him and me for using him. Then I destroy them and they feel stupid.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty positive in the conviction that only tier-grubbers will consider Luigi low tier. The best of players (who, unlike most of the people in the smash community, which is so unfortunate) have minds of their own and think their own thoughts, will know how dangerous of a character Luigi is. How can Luigi possibly have a high tier position if there are one or two good luigi mains playing in 100 man tournaments?

M@v

Subarashii!
Well. If he gets low tier(He should definately be at LEAST mid IMO), You can own every1 with him in low tier tourneys =D

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I'm pretty positive in the conviction that only tier-grubbers will consider Luigi low tier. The best of players (who, unlike most of the people in the smash community, which is so unfortunate) have minds of their own and think their own thoughts, will know how dangerous of a character Luigi is. How can Luigi possibly have a high tier position if there are one or two good luigi mains playing in 100 man tournaments?
By winning the same way one or two wario mains did amazing in 180 man tournies and how one of them actually won said tourney.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
People just don't use Luigi. It's good that way though because most people aren't prepared for him. The only really horrible matchup I've had with Luigi is DDD for obvious reasons. MK is a b**** but I can still win if I play well. Overall Luigi does pretty well against most of the tournament field.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
People just don't use Luigi. It's good that way though because most people aren't prepared for him. The only really horrible matchup I've had with Luigi is DDD for obvious reasons. MK is a b**** but I can still win if I play well. Overall Luigi does pretty well against most of the tournament field.
Exactly, and really the only hard match-up for me now is D3 cause of his infinite. But at a tourney held here in my area were over 100 ppl attended I used Luigi mostly every match and I owned MK's, Marth's, Snake's etc., problem for me is that troublesome Diddy Kong lol (its a hard match up for me for some reason). Luigi is an amazing character problem is not many people use him.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Exactly, and really the only hard match-up for me now is D3 cause of his infinite. But at a tourney held here in my area were over 100 ppl attended I used Luigi mostly every match and I owned MK's, Marth's, Snake's etc., problem for me is that troublesome Diddy Kong lol (its a hard match up for me for some reason). Luigi is an amazing character problem is not many people use him.
First of all, as stated before, the top players don't play Luigi. Do not pay attention to the current tier lists. "Tires Don Exits." A tip for Locuan, take advantage of Diddy's bananas. I find that Luigi is the best at stealing them also, watch out of is fair, it is very strong.

Amide

Smash Lord
I understand why some characters are low tier, but I'm confused why Luigi is. I play him and do just as well as when I use Meta Knight. Luigi, unlike many low tier characters, actually is underestimated.

M@v

Subarashii!
Luigi is really underated. Fox is the same way. Hes doing better at tourneys, but still way underplayed. I use MK too, but I like fox better. Mk isnt broken, but hes really freaking good.
From my experiences with MK, Lucario crushes MK, since his aura outranges MK, his aura sphere wreaks havoc, and his down aerial priority. Just a suggestion for a possible MK fighter.

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Well on July 26th here in the midwestern, ie KANSAS ima b maining Luigi and hopefully ill rock some people and get them thinking about him kuz i like playing unused chars. for the most part. The green Missle Badass Will rise one way or another. On another note the other way is make enemies marinate in their own RAGU!.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is really underated. Fox is the same way. Hes doing better at tourneys, but still way underplayed. I use MK too, but I like fox better. Mk isnt broken, but hes really freaking good.
From my experiences with MK, Lucario crushes MK, since his aura outranges MK, his aura sphere wreaks havoc, and his down aerial priority. Just a suggestion for a possible MK fighter.
MK is broken, stop lying to yourself.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I personally think no character is broken. It really depends on ways on getting around the oppenent and exploiting his weaknesses. It's just that some characters have hardly any chances against these upper tier characters. But it is still possible to win them.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
It's just knowing characters weaknesses, MK is light, he has no good KO moves. Therefore give him damage and at 80% get him with an up angled f-smash for easy kills. And do not fight MK in the air. You do that, you win :D.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Since when does MK have no good KO moves? Seriously, people were thinking that like a week after the game came out. It's JULY already.

Sure MK is light, but his dsmash and fsmash aren't exactly weak. Plus, his dair combined with his multiple jumps makes an awesome gimpkilling move.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Since when does MK have no good KO moves? Seriously, people were thinking that like a week after the game came out. It's JULY already.

Sure MK is light, but his dsmash and fsmash aren't exactly weak. Plus, his dair combined with his multiple jumps makes an awesome gimpkilling move.
Meta is one of my mains...

Next, he is light, fsmash lags at start-up so it can be evaded, dsmash is good but you can survive them for a great while, (and if your facing a dsmash spammer the attack will lose a great amount of knocback). Second dair and multiple jumps, heck yea they are awesome but as you said gimpkilling move (gimp therefore offstage, therefore fighting MK in the air). If you fight him on the ground most of the time you will have no problems with MK.

EDIT: That's one of the reasons why Snake does so well against MK is it not? >.>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
same thing with olimar. He was ranked low and I liked him there. Olimar mains are so few that he's being underrated. But when I two stock characters like falco, DDD, and GaW, it feels great.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
lol mk Racks up damage UpB Kills Dsmash Kills Fsmash Kills Down Air into combos its sick. He is Broken End of story.

Muzga

Smash Ace
with luigi fsmash kills, upb kills, dmash kills, he has a spike, neutral air kills, misfired forward b kills.
ZOMG LUIGI IS BROKEN!!!11

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
with luigi fsmash kills, upb kills, dmash kills, he has a spike, neutral air kills, misfired forward b kills.
In a weird but particular way thank you...

Look MK does rack up damage (same as Luigi) but contrasting to him it is difficult for MK to make a kill quickly (unless it is by gimping). Luigi can KO at 85% or even less at some occasions with an up-angled f-smash, at even lower percents with the upb, and has dsmash and Usmashes with amazing speeds and KO potential as well. In my view Luigi is better than MK in many areas, it is just that we have still to develop his meta-game even further to make him even better than what he is now.

I was playing a Link today (with my MK) and at first I was totally owning him, but then he saw the flaws in that meta knight has, up-b coming his way? Easily countered by a Dair (which kills MK at 100%). There are many others but I'll leave that to you to figure out.

As Luigi on the other hand, he had to be more cautious and his gameplay severely changed. He was on the constant lookout for those up angled fsmashes, and those evil up-b kills at low %tiles.

Look many people say that certain characters are cheap, but all characters require at least SOME skill to play! Maybe some more than others but people usually take up characters who blend into their playstyles, or if on the tourney scene they use characters that up to the moment are the "better" characters, because their metagame's have been developed a bit more in depth than others. If for some reason some revolutionary tactic came upon Luigi and he started winning tourneys way more, a lot of people will start to pick him up and then we would have the same issue with MK or Snake being broken but with Luigi.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Luigi is not a little ball of blue death that is lightning fast, has super omega priority and all of his specials recover. Luigi only has three recovery specials.

Muzga

Smash Ace
okay, a) metaknight dies at low percents. get over the fact that he can hit you five times, because you can literally hit him twice and catch up for the damage youve gained. metaknight can combo but his attacks dont do enough %damage to make him impossible to play against. yes he can ko you, the only difference is you can hit meta harder.

learn a way around problems. dont just complain about them.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
okay, a) metaknight dies at low percents. get over the fact that he can hit you five times, because you can literally hit him twice and catch up for the damage youve gained. metaknight can combo but his attacks dont do enough %damage to make him impossible to play against. yes he can ko you, the only difference is you can hit meta harder.

learn a way around problems. dont just complain about them.
You cannot hit a good metaknight. You forgot to say b)

Muzga

Smash Ace
b) no, you cannot hit a good metaknight.

okay, seriously. what are you basing your argument on?
link me to a video where a good luigi has been completely owned by a good metaknight.

Muzga

Smash Ace
the emphasis was on the word you
as in, no, YOU can not hit a good metaknight.

like i said, find me a video of a professional luigi getting outright slaughtered by a good metaknight.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
the emphasis was on the word you
as in, no, YOU can not hit a good metaknight.

like i said, find me a video of a professional luigi getting outright slaughtered by a good metaknight.
I can hit a good metaknight but a lot of Wigi players get owned by him because it is Luigi's "hardest" matchup.

Despite my previous posts, I do not have many troubles against Metaknight. He cannot spam tornado because Luigi's nair knocks him out of it. Metaknight's speed gets countered by fire.

Metaknight also gets killed at like 20% by f-smash.:rotfl:

Why dont you find me a video of a proffesional Luigi outright owning an MK.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I can hit a good metaknight but a lot of Wigi players get owned by him because it is Luigi's "hardest" matchup.

Despite my previous posts, I do not have many troubles against Metaknight. He cannot spam tornado because Luigi's nair knocks him out of it. Metaknight's speed gets countered by fire.

Metaknight also gets killed at like 20% by f-smash.:rotfl:

Why dont you find me a video of a proffesional Luigi outright owning an MK.
And then you say that MK is broken jaja. If I had recorded one of my tourney matches I could have shown you a vid of me owning an MK.

Many people say that MK is their hardest match-up but they still haven't had lot's of experience facing one, let alone know the actual required moves/skills to counter one.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
And then you say that MK is broken jaja. If I had recorded one of my tourney matches I could have shown you a vid of me owning an MK.

Many people say that MK is their hardest match-up but they still haven't had lot's of experience facing one, let alone know the actual required moves/skills to counter one.
MK is not my hardest matchup, I said that because in Luigi's stickied mathcup chart it gives MK a 9.5/10 and says that is was Luigi's hardest matchup. I was only quoting a thread.

Locuan, did you win the tourney?

Oh, one more thing, What is the definition of broken in your mind?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
MK is not my hardest matchup, I said that because in Luigi's stickied mathcup chart it gives MK a 9.5/10 and says that is was Luigi's hardest matchup. I was only quoting a thread.

Locuan, did you win the tourney?

Oh, one more thing, What is the definition of broken in your mind?
Jaja, no I didn't win the tourney but does that imply that I could not have faced good MK's in the first rounds? I don't know about you but I know that brackets are made randomly, and if you are wondering who I lost to Diddy Kong because I really have no experience playing against one.

First of all, I really don't believe any character is broken so I just take up on the definitions that other people give.

For example,

VEC said:
lol mk Racks up damage UpB Kills Dsmash Kills Fsmash Kills Down Air into combos its sick. He is Broken End of story.
Basically from this just moves that give a certain character apparent edges in the game. Or having more priority than other characters.

Top Bottom