• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOW, Ike would ALWAYS win if you could do this consistently

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok... I was playing Ike, my friend was playing Ganondorf on Final Destination... Match was going as usual until into Ganondorf's 2nd stock... I started Ike's AAA combo and held down the button. I hit Ganondorf with the first and the second hit... Then the first and second hit again... And again....... And again....

If you know how the first two hit of Ike's A combo works, you know that it moves you foward slightly... Well yeah; It brought me all the way across the stage, and when I got to the end of it, the final hit finally happened and smacked Ganondorf away to his death. My friend said that he had tried everything to get out of it, but nothing apparently worked...

My friend killed himself afterward so we could try to record the match, but it was 15 seconds too long... D: I can't seem to get it to work again... We're having trouble remembering what exactly happened right before it; It just happened so fast, and we were in awe as it was happening.

So if anyone finds out how to do this, then yeah, cool... >_>

Edds

Smash Ace
someone did that to my marth but i could counter it. so im guessing other chars can DI out of it

metroid1117

Smash Master
This only works if your opponent (regardless of the character) DIs away from you during the first two hits, making them out of range for the 3rd hit and causing the game to restart the jab combo. Emblem Lord accidentally did this to me over Wi-Fi when we had some Ike dittos; after I DI'd towards him I was hit by the 3rd hit. It's funny to do, but unless your opponent is knowledgable you won't be doing it often.

M@v

Subarashii!
This only works if your opponent (regardless of the character) DIs away from you during the first two hits, making them out of range for the 3rd hit and causing the game to restart the jab combo. Emblem Lord accidentally did this to me over Wi-Fi when we had some Ike dittos; after I DI'd towards him I was hit by the 3rd hit. It's funny to do, but unless your opponent is knowledgable you won't be doing it often.
Nice info. I was watching the match Colaya is talking about. Since we didnt know how to get caught in it, its natural he tryed to DI away. We were trying to replicate it just now, but its still hard to start it.

Top Bottom