• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you want Brawl to be Delayed until December if it meant...

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
This is just a "what if" scenario, I'm not acting like this would actually happen...I'm just asking this because I'm curious. If it meant getting Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, and Mega Man added to the roster (all of them with their own unique move sets and final smashes), would you be willing to wait until next December for the game...or would you rather just accept the roster we have now and have no more delays?

For me, I seriously wouldn't mind waiting for Christmas to have those characters added. It would be worth it in my opinion.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
The short of the long of it: Yes.

The whole reason we accepted all of the delays and waiting and everything was that it was supposed to be amazing. And it is. But it's just not as amazing as it should be.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Nope. I have what I want in the game. I'm the only one who would rather have it now as is than to have those characters added (all of those characters would be fun, except Geno, I don't care for Geno). Really, I'm done waiting.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I wouldn't mind. I got other things to keep my occupied =/.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Better yet...since time is money. How would you feel about paying more for Brawl to have those characters? Would you pay $100 for Brawl to feel "complete" and have all those characters? I know I would. Brawl is definitely worth two games. Just imagine what they could do with twice the development team. It was already huge, but twice that...they could have done even more (with roster, etc.). And you know we all would have gladly paid the extra $50.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
It would drive me completely insane, but I would be cool with that.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Better yet...since time is money. How would you feel about paying more for Brawl to have those characters? Would you pay $100 for Brawl to feel "complete" and have all those characters? I know I would. Brawl is definitely worth two games. Just imagine what they could do with twice the development team. It was already huge, but twice that...they could have done even more (with roster, etc.). And you know we all would have gladly paid the extra $50.
I actually would. I was anticipating Brawl to be one of the greatest games of all time, and a big part of that was because I was lead on by Sakurai and Nintendo to believe that it would have the most amazing roster ever...the Smash Bros. to end all Smash Bros. I would definitley shell out the extra money to push the game up to the limits it was supposed to reach.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't wait. Especially since you didn't include Sukapon on that list. ;)

But really I wouldn't wait.

I WOULD, however, pay $100 for the game if those characters were included AND!! they removed all copycat FS's (especially Wolf's) AND!! they further decloned the clones AND!! they had Sukapon.

Additionally, I would be willing to pay up to $5 each for downloadable characters.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
if i have to wait any longer i will explode, new characters would be great but I like the 35 roster (although i seem to be one of the few)

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
I would either pay the extra money, or wait until December. I wouldn't mind either way...this roster is ridiculous. ..not because I'm spoiled, but because Sakurai hyped it up way too much in order to NOT have these wanted characters?!?!?

What was the point of all those bullspit Character Polls he posed in Japan?! Diddy Kong and Wolf were "duH!"s, Olimar was surprising, and SONIC was a huge DUH. He did NOT need polls for those characters.

I was hoping for Ridley, Geno, Mallow, Megaman, Bomberman, Krystal, Toad, King K Rool, Black Shadow (FZero), Black Knight (Fire Emblem), Isaac (Golden Sun), ETC! Any of these!

These were all in the polls. He saw them...he KNOWS we want them... But he put in only the characters that were already assumed/obvious.

FZero still gets only ONE? And Ganondorf is semi-cloned still after him?!

Falco is still cloned halfway. Wolf is a mystery to me, but I'm assuming he's also a semi clone?!

WW Link is semi-cloned?

Tsk tsk, Sakurai......for shame!!!

Luigi doesn't have the Poltergust3000 (at least, that's what I'm told), and if that's true...then what the hell?

Spent too much time on the SSE and the Stages/Music, that he thought that would lull us from the lack of characters that we were all expecting.

Sonic, Snake, Pit, Metaknight, DDD, Wario were all GREAT and AWESOME characters, it just would be nice to have more.

Soushirei.

Smash Cadet
*all Chris Crocker-esque*:

All you people want is MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!! LEAVE SAKURAI ALONE!!!

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
ffs. this is so rediculous man.
there is NO FURTHER NEED TO DELAY. evrythings finished. now theres no point moaning about "what if" anymore!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, but actually I'd like to ask for a few more things: Wolf getting dumped, ROB being replaced by a more interesting character, Ganondorf being decloned, Falco being decloned, and Toon Link being decloned. Seriously, the only saving grace of the unlockable roster is Lucario and he's still a modified Mewtwo...

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
not necessary, this game is already over-ambitious enough. With so many modes and options, this game is already bursting with content. It's already gonna take a ton of time to get good at your main characters AND start learning how to play all the other characters.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but actually I'd like to ask for a few more things: Wolf getting dumped, ROB being replaced by a more interesting character, Ganondorf being decloned, Falco being decloned, and Toon Link being decloned. Seriously, the only saving grace of the unlockable roster is Lucario and he's still a modified Mewtwo...
Indeed if they were to make all those changes I would gladly wait until December.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Nope. I'm ready for this game now. Any more delays will seriously upset me regardless of reasoning. But just to go along with your question:

Ridley - Never played the Metroid games fully, so I don't really care.

Geno - I played Super Mario RPG but he just wasn't my kind of character (no one in that game really was anyway). For a good chunk of the game I left him in the sidelines.

Krystal - My only small gripe in our roster. I would have loved to see her in the game as a PC. The last 2 Star Fox games I played were Star Fox 64 and Assault. So i skipped the game where she made her debut and thus missed out on most of her hype. However, when she was in the crew in assault, I found her to be a very refreshing character. I think assault would have bored me if not for Krystal. Furthermore, Nintendo lacks new girl characters. That latter reason alone was mostly why I wanted her in. Besides, aside from Sword wielders the girl characters are popular amongst fans. I'm saddened she's not in, but I'll live. : /

King K. Rool - I played Donkey Kong Country, but I hated this guy's character. I'm personally happy I don't need to see him. Still I wouldn't have minded him and Ridley due to the imbalance of heroes vs. villains in the game.

Mega Man - It was a longshot despite being so popular. I mean a choice would have to be made as to which megaman or Zero model to use. If only Ikafune (I think that's the guy in charge of him) approached Nintendo first like Kojima did. But of course, the third party red tape probably had something to do with them working together.

But yeah, overall, it's a nice roster. Could be better, but I'll judge the game by how it plays and nothing else.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Simple answer: No.

In a what if scenario, they would have to also give Ganon his sword, De-clone Falco and add Mewtwo.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
As if Australia doesn't need to wait long enough :( If it was released in December over in the US, it'll be at least March til we get it! We'll be lucky to get it by June here.

I don't want to wait longer then we already have to. :p

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
This is just a "what if" scenario, I'm not acting like this would actually happen...I'm just asking this because I'm curious. If it meant getting Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, and Mega Man added to the roster (all of them with their own unique move sets and final smashes), would you be willing to wait until next December for the game...or would you rather just accept the roster we have now and have no more delays?

For me, I seriously wouldn't mind waiting for Christmas to have those characters added. It would be worth it in my opinion.
Perhaps also add Mewtwo. Those 5 or 6 characters would've turned a crappy roster into an awesome roster, and the majority would like it.

I wouldn't mind the wait, but it's not going to happen sadly.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Would I be ok with them delaying the game till December to add those characters? Yes, I would. Money's a problem for me and It's going to be a while before I'll be able to play Brawl myself. As far as I'm concerned, the game might as well be delayed.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I wouldn't trade the release in March 9 for anything else added to the game at all.

Well...maybe a February 10 release, hehe.

But I would gladly pay more for more stuff in the game.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
IMO this gamesr perfect as it is. no need to update it anymoer.

rumours for australia and UK getting brawl demo channel after americas release date :D

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
rumours for australia and UK getting brawl demo channel after americas release date :D
Are you serious, that's great! I really hope thats true.

I think if any thing like this happened that it'd be best off with two releases. One without it, then like a part two.

Some people just dont care much about that. It's not really that important, well thats what I think :laugh:

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
Are you serious, that's great! I really hope thats true.

I think if any thing like this happened that it'd be best off with two releases. One without it, then like a part two.

Some people just dont care much about that. It's not really that important, well thats what I think :laugh:
yup im being 100% serious. me and my friend were searchnig for brawl leaks last week and we found the wii channel for brawl demo being made.

it said "Super smash brothers BRAWL Demo" and it was all in english. on the wii channel. it looked really good. lets hope its real man.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
well it COULD be bad news depends on how you look at it. thje way i look at it, i dotn want the release date to be past my birthday (29th June) if it is then i will DEFINETLY. QQ. cause that will have been like half a year.

LordLocke

Smash Journeyman
If they were going to add all that? Maybe.

But I'm just as happy getting it as-is now. 35 characters is a lot, the one-player content is actually worthwhile, you can co-op EVERYTHING it seems... at this point, the only improvement they could make without playtest data for character balance IS more characters, and in any competitive game the more options you get the harder everything can be to balance out.

I'm supremely happy with the roster, even if the last few additions were more fizzle then pop. The stages look really, really awesome so far. Items look better then ever, thanks to the more-detailed item select. (Goodbye exploding containers). The music list is ALREADY epic, and we've only seen, what, half of it at most?

I'm always willing to wait longer if it'll make an already supremely awesome game better. But all the same, I wouldn't mind getting what we've seen now... well, NOW, either.

Top Bottom