• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 complaints.
1. People complaining that XXXX is not in the game.
2. People complaining that XXXX is in the game.
3. People comparing this game to brawl or melee...

As for the actual game itself I don't really have any notable complaints.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I think he just means that considering how wildly popular and often requested those characters are, there might be other developers that could do a better job at delivering what fans want. Subjective, certainly, but we as consumers have a right to judge who we feel best represents our interests.
Maybe so. I've heard a lot of people say the roster is great, though, so it's hardly the case that Sakurai hasn't pleased a great many people with it. I'd like to have seen Ridley included myself--and I'd have left out Palutena and Dark Pit--but I can't really complain about a roster that adds Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Shulk, and keeps almost every Brawl character that had a change of being kept, and then some. I don't have an issue with people being disappointed when a character doesn't make it in, or even debating why that character was left out. It's this "Sakurai doesn't care about the fans" nonsense that annoys me.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ya his lack of respect for Ganondorf is annoying. He's Link's arch nemesis! I don't see Bowser or Dedede being treated like an unispired clone. Ganondorf is about dark magic yet no dark magic in his moveset except purple effects when he punches and kicks...We should of known he was gonna be treated this way when it took so long to reveal that he was in the game...

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
Might as well include WW Ganondorf as a clone of Wario.
":GCD::GCB:Ganon Gas: Odius fumes made out of pure evil erupt from his...person, launching Ganondorf farther into the air the longer it charges." :cry:

That said, I would not be totally opposed to Ganondorf riding on a motorcycle (also made out of pure evil).

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Mega Mans Metal Blades DON'T one-shot everything.
That's incredibly inaccurate, how could Sakurai miss a crucial detail like that?!

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I also forgot to mention Final Smashes!

Mario- really out of the million games he's done the best you can come up with is a giant fireball.....again

DK-This was the worst FS in brawl and they had a chance to right this wrong and did they??? NO!

LINK & Toon Link- both links having the same FS? Not cool seeing how Toon Link is quite different from Link. I think he deserved better.

Duck Hunt- I would have done something different like have a bunch of NES Zapper crosshairs appear and shooting at other opponents...oooo and he has to do his 8 bit laugh!

Falco Landmaster! *walks away*

Pretty much my main gripe was vets didn't get new FS. Just the same ol ones. Which was fine for some but too many repeats. I find that a bit lazy.

I can agree with most of what you say. We don't know much about the Wii U version so we cant speak for it, but the 3ds version seems lazy.

-barely any new stages, many old
-i thought there wouldn't be any clones, (ganondorf, lucina, toon link, ect)
-they left out mewtwo(but certain leaks say he's in the wii u version)
-alot of the crap final smashes are still the same.

i truly believe the 3ds version was the version that sakurai's boss told him to release for the sake of sales. He didnt seem to put as much love in it as expected. I think the wii u version will be the real version of the game that we can be super excited about, the 3ds is just a preview.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I can agree with most of what you say. We don't know much about the Wii U version so we cant speak for it, but the 3ds version seems lazy.

-barely any new stages, many old
-i thought there wouldn't be any clones, (ganondorf, lucina, toon link, ect)
-they left out mewtwo(but certain leaks say he's in the wii u version)
-alot of the crap final smashes are still the same.

i truly believe the 3ds version was the version that sakurai's boss told him to release for the sake of sales. He didnt seem to put as much love in it as expected. I think the wii u version will be the real version of the game that we can be super excited about, the 3ds is just a preview.

I want you to be right and here's why......Picture this!

POTD
Sakurai says... Think you've seen all the Final Smashes? Think again! Like stages, there are different Final Smashes in the Wii U version than in the 3DS version so characters like Mario, Falco, Toon Link and more will have different Final Smashes! Too much?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox's new English voice. Mike West's voice is not that annoying or extremely nasally, but somehow he is in SSB4. I also, don't like high-pitched noises or voices. Fox will stay as Fox, but his voice will forever be annoying until SSB5 or if I go and play a Star Fox game or revisit the past SSB's.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to chip in and talk about everybody who suddenly "misses" the Ice Climbers after they got cut. Can pretty much guarantee 95% of these people either never used them or never cared about them until they were gone, and the remaining 5% would be ****ed off even if they were in anyways since the eradication of chaingrabbing takes away the one thing which made them viable. Also find it hard to believe that anybody prefers them over the Duck Hunt Duo, who are about 50X more iconic, have much more to work with regarding a moveset and have infinitely more appeal to casuals because peeps love dogs more than eskimos yo

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
I want you to be right and here's why......Picture this!

POTD
Sakurai says... Think you've seen all the Final Smashes? Think again! Like stages, there are different Final Smashes in the Wii U version than in the 3DS version so characters like Mario, Falco, Toon Link and more will have different Final Smashes! Too much?
As much as I wished characters with duplicate/bad Final Smashes got better ones, wouldn't that be a slap in the face for people who bought the 3DS version? That would make the game painfully obvious that it was just a beta version of the REAL Smash4.

I'd also like to chip in and talk about everybody who suddenly "misses" the Ice Climbers after they got cut. Can pretty much guarantee 95% of these people either never used them or never cared about them until they were gone
That can be said about a lot of characters, actually. People don't like clones but people are constantly asking for Roy back. I'm sure people will miss Lucina and Dark Pit when they are not in the next game too.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd also like to chip in and talk about everybody who suddenly "misses" the Ice Climbers after they got cut. Can pretty much guarantee 95% of these people either never used them or never cared about them until they were gone, and the remaining 5% would be ****ed off even if they were in anyways since the eradication of chaingrabbing takes away the one thing which made them viable. Also find it hard to believe that anybody prefers them over the Duck Hunt Duo, who are about 50X more iconic, have much more to work with regarding a moveset and have infinitely more appeal to casuals because peeps love dogs more than eskimos yo
Duck Hunt Dog hasn't been in the last two Smash games, that's why.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
As much as I wished characters with duplicate/bad Final Smashes got better ones, wouldn't that be a slap in the face for people who bought the 3DS version? That would make the game painfully obvious that it was just a beta version of the REAL Smash4.
Ya it's just wishful thinking...my theory is if they never made a 3DS version and only had the Wii U version to focus on....I happen to think we would have had all new final smashes for just about everyone or atleast no one would have had clone FS's. I'd be interested in reading an interview where Sakurai states all the things he wanted to do for Smash 4 but due to time constraints couldn't put so and so in the game etc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai is totally biased with Kid Icarus... but I'm not complaining about that... just that despite his blatant bias, he fails to add Eggplant Wizard and Centurions (Pit's old Final Smash) as Assist Trophies... oh, and Dark Pit didn't inherit Pit's old moveset from Brawl (that'd be better than having him as a clone).

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Short rant list.

- Holy hell is the online connectivity is bad!

- The hell is up with scrolling stages? and why do they scroll so frekking fast! Jesus, we gotta put the dammed fight on hold for half these levels just so the scenery doesn't outpace us.

- It may just be me, but I've been battling the A-sitck just to get my character to move and attack the way I want them to!

- Single-player is the most boring of all Smashes so far, hopefully we get something more meaty in the WiiU version!

- Voice acting in this game is cringe, just about every character in this game sounds obnoxious and terribly accented, Fox's one is borderline hilarious, especially considering that's probably going to be his voice for the upcoming StarFox game!

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Well Puff is still in, so 10/10.

But seriously, the only thing I don´t like about Smash 4 is Smash run. 5 minute build up, to a lousy payoff.
Everything else is amazing.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I thought I had the balls for the 3DS' controls and tiny screen but... I didn't.

In the past I had problems mastering difference between tilts and smashes like many others. Circle Pad sends me back in time to that struggle and throws running attacks into the mix. On top of the constant paranoia of breaking my circlepad. And holy balls do I miss C-stick, I'm probably never gonna touch marth or lucina in this game because way I was used to playing marth relied on C-stick. See you in the Wii-U version bro.

I wanna say smashrun should've been online like I've agreed on in this thread before... but 5 minutes of an unbearable lag platforming game changes my mind...

Depending on who you play with online mode is great though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I dislike that some customization options are locked behind challenges, it's forcing you to do boring and trivial modes like Street Smash, let me do my own thing and grind for the custom moves and equipment the way I want to, it's stupid hiding anything behind a challenge panel aside from trophies actually as the challenges should be completely optional.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
My only really gripe is the camera on the 3ds. When it's zoomed out, the characters get really small and it's hard to see what you're doing. It seems to be zoomed out on some stages by default too. I don't have that great eyesight either, and since my main is a small character, you can guess the problems this causes me. It's making me really eager for the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Palutena's default moveset. It's too defensive, it's hard to approach, and it's the only one I can use online.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
fun game but the lack of shield stun is really annoying right now. you can just sit in your shield all day with no consequence it seems. i threw a fully charged shuriken at a ness player, he blocked it, i chased him, went for a grab, and he grabbed ME.

Racquets

Smash Rookie
My complaint is that when you go into Sounds and select for a song to loop, it doesn't have a "proper" loop. Having the music on repeat has the song still fade out after only one repeat, and after the fade it just goes straight back to the beginning, instead of to where the actual loop begins. I love listening to video game music on repeat, but with the proper loops. I can't think of a reason why they didn't make the songs loop properly when repeat is selected, considering they have to do it for the stages and Smash Run.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Using custom moves requires turning on all custom equips, and I've noticed if you choose a random opponent they tend to use a random set up of equips even if you don't have any equipped for that character. I kept wondering why Ike was starting with 60% damage or why Bowser was glowing then I realized they must've grabbed my gear before the match and shoved it on their oversized feet or something. If I just want to use a custom moveset without the equips I'm boned because they choose equipment. If there's an option to turn off one but not the other I haven't found it yet.

Oh, and the sensitivity of which direction you're pressing in terms of what move you want to use is annoying. No, game, I didn't want to use my counter move in mid air, I wanted to use my side recovery, because otherwise I'll freaking die!

Last edited:

GrandHc

Smash Rookie
Well here are my gripes (more comedic and competitive though :p)
  • Smash Run can frustratingly difficult. Why is it that I can potentially die at 30%?
  • Custom. Moveset. Grinding.
  • You can get the same custom moves you already have, literally got 10 of the same moves in one classic run.
  • I love clones; with that being said why :4darkpit:? I mean over Dark Link, Alph, even a potential Male wii fit? Bias Sakurai is biased.
  • Blastzones. Before I hear they are fine, the real issue with them is that knock back in this game is so ***ing far for moves that don't kill.
  • everyone is a god online.
  • I'm accustom to laggy matches.
  • DK's Final Smash is still a thing.
  • They de-cloned falco and luigi more than Ganon.
  • Useful equipment have random stats.
  • I have never gotten old equipment during all of my grinding, how is that even possible?
  • Bowser's up taunt, Sounds like a cat meowing with a deep voice.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the fact your opponent have to be at least 160% to be killed with an aerial.
And everyone in online is always rolling to avoid battle and save damages, it makes battles more frustrating !

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The fact that on November 21st I'm most likely done for as a Smasher unless I pay up and get a Wii U. As most likely me (and the other two people who'll only play the 3DS) will most likely be swept under the rug and possibly ridiculed for not owning Smash Wii U and instead it's "inferior knockoff".

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The fact that on November 21st I'm most likely done for as a Smasher unless I pay up and get a Wii U. As most likely me (and the other two people who'll only play the 3DS) will most likely be swept under the rug and possibly ridiculed for not owning Smash Wii U and instead it's "inferior knockoff".
No way - there are way more 3DSes out there than Wii Us, and most of us won't completely abandon it - but it will probably be smaller than it is now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No way - there are way more 3DSes out there than Wii Us, and most of us won't completely abandon it - but it will probably be smaller than it is now.
Trust me, I've seen the community now with the 3DS, and already it's under fire. And it's only going to be worse once the Wii U out. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Wii U version coming out, and I hope it gets popular in the competitive community like Melee did, but there is always that worry we'll be swept under the rug hoping to have never existed.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
A lot of the game just frusterates me, just the mechanics in general turn me away from taking it seriously.
Minimal hitstun, stupid landing lag on most moves, how most throws send people way too far to get anything out of it, the number of shameless campers online in general, and the lag on the ledge are what get me the most. And thats not really even going into how stupid Little Mac can be when playing someone who actually knows what they're doing. Or how Hammer and Swallow for Kirby are now garbage or all the stupid nerfs 90% of the veterans got when they didnt need them in the first place
Was thinking of dropping PM and playing this alongside Melee pre-release, but not any more. This'll always just be a "for fun" game for me when I want to play with my casual friends or feel like pubstomping in For Glory.

Oh yeah and the community split. Smash 4 players hating on Melee/PM players and vice versa. Don't want to get into that but it's really annoying and makes the commmunity as a whole look bad

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lack of combos, long lag before/after using moves, weak level selection, nerfed meteor smashes/spikes, the list goes on. I may actually be more disappointed in this than I was in Brawl. Don't really understand why everyone is acting more hyped about this game. I thought Sakurai might have learned/cared about our feedback on Brawl. He did not.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Swapping between Project M and trying someone's 3DS copy in the middle of friendlies. My fighting skills dropped like 40% after I returned to PM. :urg: Thank goodness im not a handheld player. It dosent help I use Wiimote+Nunchuck too :facepalm:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I honestly don't have any complaints. I suppose if I tried hard enough I could find something here and there to nitpick but that's rather pointless to be honest. I've learned through experience that complaining about a game usually degrades me overall feel for a game and tends to give me a sour outlook on a game that is more than likely amazing or good. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain because everyone is different, has various expectations, tolerance, patience and so forth. But I've found that looking for the bad actively and focusing on it doesn't change anything, it only makes things worse and that's no fun at all. The game's not perfect but it certainly doesn't need to be, at least that's how I see it. I'm surprised at how many comments this thread has but then again, many gamers tend to look at the negative instead of the positive for some odd reason. To each they're own I suppose.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As much as incessant complaining about the game or its roster bothers me, I have to say people who aggressively defend the game or group together anyone who ever tries to criticize the game, reasonable or no, and classify them as "spoiled children", even going so far as to not want them to get what they wanted, are far, far worse.

Rage over the game is stuff I can easily put past me or pass off as temporary rage, but the people I'm referring to say things that are legitimately malicious in nature, and it bothers me.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The only real complaint is that the WiiU version just a compromised after thought to the 3DS version. The WiiU version could have been so much better if Sakurai actually wanted to make it.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
The only real complaint is that the WiiU version just a compromised after thought to the 3DS version. The WiiU version could have been so much better if Sakurai actually wanted to make it.
Prove that he didn't want to.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I bet my balls he didn't want to do the 3DS version but he was forced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom