• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst. Move. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
There's some pretty lame B moves out there, like Zelda's smashB that leave you exposed for ages and Ness' PK green thing that takes about 10 minutes to charge.
What do you lot reckon is the worst move in the game?

(and dont bother saying Sheik's downB- you know who you are)

Aiser

Smash Lord
If youmean just B moves then probably sheiks > B I never really found a great use for it other then edge gaurding. But theres so many better options. =\

now if you mean worst move including A and B I would have to say Gannons up A aswell =\ seriously what where they thinking when they made that.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Ganon's up tilt, i mean COME ON! We ain't stupid (ok so i got ko'd by it once trying to hit em first but thats beside the point). I also feel like Luigi's headbutt can be pretty pointless, especially when your on one side of the level trying to recover, then get sent to the other side.....and then die......

sir slash

Smash Cadet
where do I start? bowser's down B. peach's B. Luigi's forward B. Ganondorf's forward B. Mr. Game and watch's forward B. yoshi's up B. and that's not all. :urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:

nookrulz

Smash Ace
g'dorf's fb isn't useless. it's pretty fast and sets them up for good combos. utilt, on the other hand, is very slow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo's under B is probarly one of the worst. I mean it's very oblivous and it doesnt affect small characters.
And Pichu's Skull Bash is pretty bad to but as recovery it could be used same for Luigi's Green Missle.
also I think Ness & G&W's under B suck *** to.

Mastr_Advocate

Smash Apprentice
sir slash said:
where do I start? bowser's down B. peach's B. Luigi's forward B. Ganondorf's forward B. Mr. Game and watch's forward B. yoshi's up B. and that's not all. :urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:
Ganon's forward B as one of the worst move? You've got be kidding...

Hmm... worst moves would either be Marth's fair, shiek's ftilt, or fox's down b.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
DEFINITELY Ganondorf's up A move. I kept getting stuck with that when beating event match 50, left me exposed for ages to Crazy Hand OMG

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
master advocate, please tell me u were being sarcastic (i'm pretty bad at detecting it online, but u don't strike me as THAT n00bish) ne way, ganon's utilt can be good for edgegaurd and mingames, but it should only be used, even in that way, like once every few matches, say maybe 10. but ness's b attack is good for characters that cannot sweetspot very well, such as cf or ganon. don't knock a move just because of lag, but try to incorperate it into ur mindgames, since no one will see it coming.

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
Mew2's down-B is decent compared to his smash-B.
I'm able to catch people off guard with his down-B, but I only use Confusion to recover (very rarely)

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
What you guys thought were bad:

zelda forward B - Can be used as a projectile, but don't spam it. I've Zelda players use this.
ness B - Edgeguarding. See some Ness vids.
ganon utilt - Edgeguarding as well, and to Cloudlockhart it is able to be used in singles. Can punish stuff like Jiggs's missed rest.
sheik forward B - Maybe edgeguarding, Sheik's worst move.
MGAW usmash - Lots of opening lag and small hitbox kinda... maybe against fast fallers or noobs in general.
peach B - You can use it once in a while to trick the opponent.
kirby down B - Fall faster to evade attacks, and you're pretty much invincible as you're falling.
luigi forward B - Recovery, and maybe the odd misfire kill.
bowser down B - Edge-cancelled down B.
ganon forward B - Combos into stuff, one of his better ground moves.
MGAW forward B - If you're losing by a lot this can save your ***. Just because it's not always applicable doesn't mean it sucks.
yoshi up B - Edge-cancelled eggs.
peach forward B - Yea, quite useless other than for wall bombing.
m2 down B - Can be used once in a while, like many other moves.
pichu forward B - Recovery.
ness down B - When there's an opportunity to absorb something and the opponent's far away to not take advantage of the lag, this is useful. It does happen. Also, you can counter noob Fox B spammers with this.
MGAW down B - Team battles, with your partner being Ness. Otherwise not always applicable. Does it stop horizontal movement? cuz then it might be a bit better.
MGAW B - Edgeguard maybe. Pan spike.
m2 forward B - This is the one with the pull-through-stage glitch right? You could use it for that I guess.

You guys should think before you say random moves which you think are bad. Most of these moves only have 1 use, but that's better than a move which is obsolete, like Fox's fair (his nair is better pretty much all the time... there is the occasional situation where you can get all hits in but it's still less useful than Ganon's utilt.)

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
Mastr_Advocate said:

Hmm... worst moves would either be Marth's fair, shiek's ftilt, or fox's down b.
i really have to say i disagree with when you said that marth's fair is one of the worst in the game. it has amazing proirity, and because its an aerial, its perfect for setting up tippers. AND, it is lightning-fast, with virtually no lag whatsoever. in fact, most marths' games are about setting that move up! i don't know why you think its so bad. you said that fox's down b is bad, too?!?! have you ever heard of shine spike?!?! i just don't get you.

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
Wtfz

Mastr_Advocate said:

omgz them moves r god!1

evilstrawberry99

Smash Cadet
Mastr_Advocate r u high? fox's down b a bad move?! ur definitely smokin somethin... but i think some of the worst moves are probably:

1. DK's side b: when would you use this? seriously...
2.yoshi up b: completely useless for recovery and his jump is comparable to ness' who HAS an up b recovery.
3.jiggly's down b: no comment...
4.g&w's down b: when is there time to pull this out?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Mastr_Advocate said:

That = sarcasm ^_^
Must be, no one can be that ignorant...I just refuse to believe it XD

Anyway, I'd say Roy's Dair = pretty useless...Imo its annoyingly hard to pull of..you can meteor cancel it...and for some reason for me trying to pull it off always gets me killed (or atleast hit -_-')

Ehm...how the hell is jiggly's down B even close to being the worst move in the game.........

Blind

Honorbound
Actually, DK's forward+b is pretty bad... I seriously forget that move even exists.

Ganon's up-tilt is handy for punishing some things, like a rest or a shield break. True, those don't happen often, but when they do occur would you be happy to have a near instant kill move? And for characters that can't sweet spot, like himself or like Falcon, timed properly it more or less guarantees no return. It has its uses.

Shiek's forward+b is... well... I mean, it's not like it's a BAD edgeguarding tool. If you want percent rather than a KO. She has better options, but it says something about her that her worst option is not that terrible.

Most moves in this game are situational and have SOME unique application. If you're DK and your opponent is a roll *****, your down+b is a spectacular punisher for rolling. It's even an okay tech-chaser. Certainly uncommon. His forward+b though... It's pretty awful. Maybe you could punish a spot dodge with it and then use it for extra percent?

It does spike though ^_^ That's kind of cool. If nigh-useless.

The Cape

Smash Master
evilstrawberry99 said:
ZOMG ROFL ROFL ROFL

Get the video "KillaOR is my hero"

Anyways every move in this thread has a good purpose to it, the one that was mentioned that I feel was the worst had to be Ganon's uptilt. Every other move had a good purpose to it with very few of them just being a crappy move like this one.

Kasoro

Smash Cadet
Sheik's side b has absolutely no purpose whatsoever...it's one of those moves that I NEVER see anyone do...not even noobs...it's like...the noobs don't know how to use it, the veterans think it sucks, and the pros are like there's no innovation within that move at all. Edgeguarding with it is pointless considering there are TONS of other options...with ANY character. Ganondorf's Utilt is compartively useless because Ganon has his B move...like, either keep one or take one out...and Ganon's Utilt doesn't exactly fulfill the anti-air requirement.

DK's side A is actually a pretty good spike...weirdly. Unlike his Down B which is laggy as hell.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Mastr_Advocate said:

lol dude. thats genius. the second part ofcourse. and for all you people who thought he was serious....you are all ********. you actually think someone would say marths fair, sheiks tilt, and foxs shine sucked. your all high for thinking that, and if you were all in my room. i would line you up, and ***** smack all of you with my pimp hand. anyway you guyz are missing the worst move in the game......luigis taunt attack...hahahahahha....wait nvm...that move is a major mindgame...and it does like 2% damage that move is sooooo broken. ( for all the slow people on the boards that was sarcasm)

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Ragnarok91 said:
What you guys thought were bad:
ganon utilt - Edgeguarding as well, and to Cloudlockhart it is able to be used in singles.
dont try to defend ganons utilt move. it sucks. why would you use that in a singles match for edgegaurding when almost every other possiblity is a better choice. just dont use this move. there is never a point in time where you would say to yourself," oh, i need to use my utilt now."

-hiroshi

Cloudlockhart

Smash Apprentice
Well, I still say its Ganons (Utilt) seriously when do you see this being pulled out in high tournament play? If, your opponent is really far away from the stage SURE you might pull it out BUT hes probably already dead because of the distance. Yea, all the moves have their moments but Ganons just well....w/e.

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
h1roshi said:
dont try to defend ganons utilt move. it sucks. why would you use that in a singles match for edgegaurding when almost every other possiblity is a better choice. just dont use this move. there is never a point in time where you would say to yourself," oh, i need to use my utilt now."

-hiroshi
Coming from a guy who double posts? Yea ok then.

1. DK's side b: when would you use this? seriously...
2.yoshi up b: completely useless for recovery and his jump is comparable to ness' who HAS an up b recovery.
4.g&w's down b: when is there time to pull this out?
DK's side B can meteor, not that useless. Can be used for punishing. Yoshi's up B isn't supposed to be recovery, it's a projectile. Jiggly's down B is probably her second best move (first being bair). MGAW's down B against noob Fox B spammers or something. Does it stop all of his horizontal motion? cuz that might make it useful.

I'm not saying all the moves I've defended are useful, I'm saying that they aren't useless. They may have limited uses, but they are far from being the worst. Some moves listed might vie for the worst, but things like Ganon's utilt definitely don't. Ganon's utilt may be very situational, but for punishing or maybe edgeguarding it has a use. Some moves just have no use at all.

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
h1roshi said:
hmmmm...your defense against me is that i double posted?? wow...ok...sue me...oooohh..i double posted....i just commited a holy sin....geez...anyway, i dont know how to quote more than one thing in one post...thats why i double posted.

-hiroshi
You don't realize the depth of my argument. You double-posting means that you are either ignorant because you haven't learned how to not (which you proved because you don't know how to quote twice) or that you're a noob who wants to increase post count (but now we know it's not true). Being ignorant therefore shows that you're closed-minded and don't think outside of the box for the uses of moves like dorf's utilt.

Btw, to quote twice you either select 'quote' on one person's post, copy and paste what it has, select 'quote' on someone else's and paste, or you can just type out the [QUOTE= username code.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
You don't realize the depth of my argument. You double-posting means that you are ignorant because you haven't learned how to not (which you proved because you don't know how to quote twice)
Stafoo. Not everyone is a forum-geek who knows everything. How is he ignorant because he doesn't know how to quote twice? Maybe YOU'RE ignorant because you don't know how to land a double-flip grind 360° nose dive on a snowboard (I just made that up, you get my drift). Calling someone ignorant and ignoring their argument because they double posted is a ******** thing to do.

edit: unless they're clearly ******** or 7 years old like that guy who made the meteor canceling thread...

Dorf's Utilt IS useless, the ONLY TIME, and I mean the ONLY time you should ever use it is at Jiggs resting below a certain percentage (I forgot the number) which is when it sends Jiggs farther than his neutral B. For shieldbreaks, you use his neutral B. For edgeguarding, unless you're ******** or messing around you should not use this. Dorf has tons of edgeguard options that pwn the crap out of this move. Why would you utilt instead of reverse uair? Dair? Fair? Eddie spike?

edit: and you can't argue that it's for humiliating other people because I could say the same for every move mentioned in this thread.

As for my choice, it's a tie between Zelda's forwardB and Mario's dtilt.

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
KyUuKyUu said:
Stafoo. Not everyone is a forum-geek who knows everything. How is he ignorant because he doesn't know how to quote twice? Maybe YOU'RE ignorant because you don't know how to land a double-flip grind 360° nose dive on a snowboard (I just made that up, you get my drift). Calling someone ignorant and ignoring their argument because they double posted is a ******** thing to do.

edit: unless they're clearly ******** or 7 years old like that guy who made the meteor canceling thread...

Dorf's Utilt IS useless, the ONLY TIME, and I mean the ONLY time you should ever use it is at Jiggs resting below a certain percentage (I forgot the number) which is when it sends Jiggs farther than his neutral B. For shieldbreaks, you use his neutral B. For edgeguarding, unless you're ******** or messing around you should not use this. Dorf has tons of edgeguard options that pwn the crap out of this move. Why would you utilt instead of reverse uair? Dair? Fair? Eddie spike?

edit: and you can't argue that it's for humiliating other people because I could say the same for every move mentioned in this thread.

As for my choice, it's a tie between Zelda's forwardB and Mario's dtilt.
Nice not ignoring my point either.

You even said yourself that it has one use, against a Jiggly missing a rest. That's my point, it has a use. Some moves don't even have a use at all, or their use is less useful, like maybe M2's forward B.

This is a pointless argument so just stop, or else one of us will seem like trolls (or all of us). I'm just trying to show the good points of these moves, while you just counter with 'DOIH BUT IT IS USELESS!'. (you being you and h1roshi and other people who might argue)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Ragnarok91 said:
You don't realize the depth of my argument. You double-posting means that you are either ignorant because you haven't learned how to not (which you proved because you don't know how to quote twice) or that you're a noob who wants to increase post count (but now we know it's not true). Being ignorant therefore shows that you're closed-minded and don't think outside of the box for the uses of moves like dorf's utilt.

Btw, to quote twice you either select 'quote' on one person's post, copy and paste what it has, select 'quote' on someone else's and paste, or you can just type out the
username code.[/QUOTE said:
ok...so maybe i dont know how to post 2 quotes in the same post....so now i dont know anything about smash? the reason i didn't know that is because i spend all my time playing smash bros. I know what i'm talking about when it comes to smash bros.

KyUuKyUu said:

in short....thank you.

-hiroshi

Ragnarok91

Smash Journeyman
Ragnarok91 said:
You guys should think before you say random moves which you think are bad. Most of these moves only have 1 use, but that's better than a move which is obsolete, like Fox's fair (his nair is better pretty much all the time... there is the occasional situation where you can get all hits in but it's still less useful than Ganon's utilt.)
h1roshi said:

-hiroshi
If you didn't realize, he first misinterpreted the intentions of my argument, so I decided to argue back with something as ignorant if not less than what he said. Now you guys complain about my argument being ignorant when his was too, if not more. I'm trying to back up the useful side of these moves, and you go on saying that I'm ignorant when you're countering with them just being useless, when they do have some uses (which, since I have to repeat it again, is what my argument was and still is). Does it matter that they have very situational almost useless uses? No, because it's still a use, which is what I'm trying to show.

PS Just because you 2 are on one side of this argument and I'm on my own, doesn't make you any more right. You're both just on the same perspective of misinterpreting my argument. If you want to continue this pointless argument, PM me. This thread's full of useless stuff as it is.

h1roshi said:
ok...so maybe i dont know how to post 2 quotes in the same post....so now i dont know anything about smash? the reason i didn't know that is because i spend all my time playing smash bros. I know what i'm talking about when it comes to smash bros.
-hiroshi
I never said that you don't know anything about smash, I said that you don't consider the outside-the-box uses for moves, when there are some moves which don't have any uses at all. Nice misinterpreting me again.

~~~
edit: Ok, I just discussed with kyuukyuu over msn this situation. I apologize for me going out of line and pointlessly saying the comment about you double posting. It was ignorant of me to do it even though I had a reason, which none of you could've known at the time. I meant for it to represent your ignorance to my first point, which was that I only want to defend the other side of the argument, whether or not I agree with it. Some argue to win, but I argue both sides of arguments if I have to, because I argue not to win but to show the points of both sides.

Mastr_Advocate

Smash Apprentice
"Ganon's forward B as one of the worst move? You've got be kidding...

Hmm... worst moves would either be Marth's fair, shiek's ftilt, or fox's down b."

Yes you all I was just kidding, I know how detecting sarcasm online can be hard. I main marth and the fair is my number one move to use.

I remember a combo i used with it against a ganon ...lcancelled dair to uthrow, uptilt, uptilt, fair, fair, lcancel, fair to dair spike for the win.
I use marth's fair all the time for combo purposes, fair to spike combo ftw is too good.

I dunno if luigi's running A has been said already but, although it isnt the worst move, i find that move to be terrible. Very laggy even if it connects and easily punished...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom