• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst. Move. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REØ

Smash Lord
da worst move evr iz jiggly's up+b even if u put them asleep they always wakeup b4 u r done wit da move than attack u

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
mouseboy20 said:
The Worst Move Ever is Luigi's Taunt!

It Does One Damage And Cannot KO Someone Even At 999%:chuckle:
If you play pichu in flatzone and put the damage ratio to two, you can one hit KO it. (Super Sudden Death)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
bowser's sidestep

luigi's dash attack

DK's down B or foward B

mewtwo's Uair, foward B or even down B

Kirby's down B or foward B

peach's neutral B

Dr.Mario's upsmash

Zelda's foward B

GW's Uair (why not Nair?)

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff's down+B move.

You'd have to be INSIDE an opponent to pull this off and send 'em flying, and due to my situation, it's not helping me in Event matches any.

Wuss

Smash Champion
leviathan_ said:
The WORST move, for me, ....I'm debating whether to put the skull bash or a non-charged rollout : /
Skull bash isnt so bad. IN melee it can be so annoying, jsut go off to teh side and charge up. And it is useful for recovering. Skull bash, double jump up b. non charged rollout is good for...
mind games?

Metà

Smash Master
Okay, pretty much all moves have some purpose, but Luigi's taunt has at least a second of lag and does 1%. Sure, it spikes, but that never happens in a real match, and you can meteor cancel it, so it's not even a spike. Luigi's taunt is the worst move. PERIOD.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
Ok, first of all I'm very surprised this list thread isn't closed yet.

However, I like this discussion so I'll share my opinion.

There is no useless move. Every move has a time where it is THE best move to do for that character. I only read 2 pages, and saw a lot of Ganon's uptilt, but if you edgegaurd with that then you can prevent a sweet spot. What else would you do?
Eddie Spike? too risky.
downAir? too easily meteor canceled for reverse edge gaurd.
edge hog? they could get the level and edge gaurd you.
uptilt? if you know that they are below, and you know around when they will have to attempt a return you can time it to put that explosion right there, and I think that will kill them like for sure. I guess they could tech it, but like...would they?

The same goes for alot of the long delay moves. They are edgegaurd moves.

Kirby's rock can trick people or be a really fast fastfall.

If you ask me what the worst move is though, I'd have to say Mewtwo's Hypnosis.
Someone can button spam to get out of it, leaving you with the same amount of time that let you get the hypnosis in the first place. The spike it does when you hit someone in midair is slow as balls, and meteor cancelable. and they need to be facing the right way to get hit by it in the first place.

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Can we distinguish between aerial and ground versions of the B moves?

Because I'd have to go with DK's down B in the air then

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Kirby's down B is useful; use it when you are above the edge, then pop out right when you can grab the ledge.
Pichu's Skull Bash can be used for recovery.

A move that I can't really fathom any use for is Jigglypuff's downtilt. It is slow to come out, slow to finish, and has mediocre range and knockback. In every situation where her dtilt might be useful, I can't imagine a SH fair or nair, or jab, or dash attack, or fsmash, or even ftilt being less useful than her dtilt.

DK's down B may also be useless in real fights, but it makes 15 minute melee a breeze. You could probably tech/rollchase with it, but I'd think there'd beother moves that are more useful.

Most of the lame one hit kill moves (Ganon utilt, etc) are useful in at least killing a Jiggly who's missed her rest, or someone who has broken their shield, or preying on a separated Nana.

Luigi's taunt doesn't count, and for one thing Zelda has the worst taunt.

Metà

Smash Master
Office_Shredder said:
Can we distinguish between aerial and ground versions of the B moves?

Because I'd have to go with DK's down B in the air then
Lol, same with Peach :laugh: Also, I'd have to say another terrible move is Sheik's B-down (jk, Zelda rocks).

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Worst moves

Worst A tilt move: Ganon's Utilt
Worst Air move: Fox's Fair
Worst B move: Ness's Down B
Worst smash attack: Ness downsmash

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sleeping jiggs is what it's for, i despise zelda's up b...doesn't ride the side of a stage, and it has a long start up time

REØ

Smash Lord
SOLAR said:
Worst moves

Worst A tilt move: Ganon's Utilt
Worst Air move: Fox's Fair
Worst B move: Ness's Down B
Worst smash attack: Ness downsmash
Zelda's down smash is the worst smash move...

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Adam es maximus said:
Pichu's fair; for a measly 4% you can damage the opponant 7%
That isn't fair. With any other character I can do any attack without doing any damage to myself (except link and Mr.G&W).

Personally I think that they should have taken out that little bit of pokemon trivia and made pichu not self-damaging; just because on the show it hurts itself :ohwell:

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
I know it's not actually that bad, but I think mewtwo's dsmash deserves a special mention for being the only one in the whole game to only hit one side.
And Gdorf's utilt ROX! Most shameful move to get hit by ever!

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
or, gambolputty, maybe they should have just not put pichu in the game at all - sounds good to me

- why would i wanted toe play the puny, measley unevolved form of a character already in the game that, as a bonus hurts itself doing every other move?
- I honestly wonder wut the developers were thinking when they decided to plop this pichu in the game. I mean, im slightly frustrated with the whole idea of putting clones in the game all together, but at least young link is a legitimate fighter, oh , and so this post isnt off topic, i'd say one of the worst moves is jiggly's singing. whens the last time anybody even thought about using that move? seriously, how is that not painfully obvious

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
pretty much there is a correlation between a character's tier and the number of his/her pointless moves, with ganondorf as an exception(b and up+a)

ffeJ

Smash Rookie
To everyone who ridicules Ganon's tilt up, you don't use him in intense melees. That move is purely for catching people off their gaurd. When I play with my friends as ganon, they don't pay much attention to me, cuz I'm ganon. :ohwell: But the look on their face is extremely satisfying when I ko them with it.

On the subject: the worst B-Move in all of the game has got to be Luigi's UpB. Other than the homerun contest, it has NO POINT. Anyone who gets caught by the sweet spot on that jump is an unfortunate fellow indeed.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
...wavedash it, it's really useful

mewtwo's down b is the worst, the opponent has to be looking at you for it to work

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
mood4food77 said:
...wavedash it, it's really useful

mewtwo's down b is the worst, the opponent has to be looking at you for it to work
However, when facing a noob the attack happens to be quite useful. Mewtwo's A tapping is way worse in my opinion.

foxplayer456

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's forward B. Ganondorf's forward B.
luigi foward be isint useless it helps whne u get knocked of stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom