• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst fear?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Any kind of hairless animal really gives me the willies. I'm not, like, afraid of them, but I won't touch one.

On this topic, does anyone respond positively to clowns? I know of no one.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Any type of gun, toy or not really sets my nerves off when it is pointed at me. Not necessarily a fear, but it can make me very uneasy and gets the adrenaline going.

I'm not really afraid of heights, but I'm very wary of edges/cliffs. Height means nothing, but height+imminent danger of falling = scary.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm afraid of heights and clowns. Whenever I'm on a high level in a building and I look down, I feel sick and clowns are just distrubing. I know they're supposed to be funny and all, but they scare the hell out of me.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Disorganization leading to disasters...

Not like, I am afraid of badly organized binders or anything, but every time I go to a social event I feel like something will go wrong, especially if I have relatives or valuables there.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Eyes where they don't belong or are not normal, like one eyed-monsters or something. *glances at Phloat's signature* Also, repeated patterns or clusters of things make my skin crawl. Eh, that one's sort of hard to explain... just something odd about myself, I guess...

Also, spiders. Why do they need all of those legs!? It also bothers me that they can hang from webs... that pretty much means that no place is safe unless you're under the open sky.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Bugs.

A butterfly made me jump once.

But seriously, any type of bugs.

And.. sharp things, heights--except if they're railed properly (Empire State Building top would be a good example), and fear of making huge mistakes.

Neon Ness

Bugs.

A butterfly made me jump once.

But seriously, any type of bugs.
Butterflies are fine. Moths are the problem.

Once I saw one that was bigger than my shoe. And I wear a size 10... :eek: I think it was called an oak silk moth or something.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Eyes where they don't belong or are not normal, like one eyed-monsters or something. *glances at Phloat's signature* Also, repeated patterns or clusters of things make my skin crawl. Eh, that one's sort of hard to explain... just something odd about myself, I guess...
You would hate tool...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Heights, being buried alive, people walking towards you really fast, roofs, aliens, (outerspace kind) Phloat's sig...

And I don't know why but that guy in Blackladder's avi scares me. A lot.

Overload

Smash Lord
I have this weird tendency to think of the worst possible thing that can go wrong with something.

Neon Ness

You would hate tool...
Que? What do you mean by that...?

Also, I noticed that Phloat's signature is in the lead for worst fear so far. Congratulations, sir.

Also, forgot to mention needles. I don't get how people can shoot up drugs on purpose. It's one thing when the doctor gives you a needle, but to do it to yourself... *shudders*

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Que? What do you mean by that...?

Also, I noticed that Phloat's signature is in the lead for worst fear so far. Congratulations, sir.

Also, forgot to mention needles. I don't get how people can shoot up drugs on purpose. It's one thing when the doctor gives you a needle, but to do it to yourself... *shudders*
Tool does a lot of third eye, and crazy music videos related to eyes and general out of body stuff. Really, really cool stuff, like worth overcoming that fear =].

Also, @ needles -> http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-11-30-switzerland_N.htm?csp=34

D

Deleted member

Being locked in a room with Chuck Norris, Captain Falcon, Superman, Trogdor, Duke Nukem, and anyone else who can kill me in an instant.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Edward Cullen

I am terrified of him. Not becuase he's a vampire BECAUSE HE PRETENDS TO BE ONE!!!!1

Plus i'm afraid of REAL Vampires(Dracula Bram Stoker) . I dunno if my school suddenly turns all vampire becuase of a strange Twilight Phenomenon I dunno what i would do. Yea i think that's some angst feeling but i dunno. Yea i think i have a phobia of Vampires.

EDIT: Phoenix Wright as well. They way he speaks and chugs grape juice like its nothing scares me. Not enough to have a phobia but still.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I'm still afraid of the dark, or what the dark may possibly conceal. This song describes me quite well http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8HwFpxv54

Also, heights (to an extent). I get scared when I'm up high without control over my body. For example, I can't rock climb while being suspended by a rope (with some guy on the ground holding the rope or spotting or wtvr the hell it's called). Roller coasters also scare me, but I like being scared.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Tornadoes.
However, I admire them at the same time.

I guess the fear helps me to respect it.

-----

Firearms and loud screaming based on fear, coming from a place that I cannot directly see.

No one can deny that if they heard a child, woman, or man scream out of pain or fear, that they couldn't see, that they'd nearly **** bricks.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hell obviously! I mean what could possibly be worse than Hell? Seems obvious enough.
Well, if you don't believe in Hell, it would be pretty hard to fear it. So it really isn't such an obvious choice.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Edward Cullen

I am terrified of him. Not becuase he's a vampire BECAUSE HE PRETENDS TO BE ONE!!!!1

Plus i'm afraid of REAL Vampires(Dracula Bram Stoker) . I dunno if my school suddenly turns all vampire becuase of a strange Twilight Phenomenon I dunno what i would do. Yea i think that's some angst feeling but i dunno. Yea i think i have a phobia of Vampires.

EDIT: Phoenix Wright as well. They way he speaks and chugs grape juice like its nothing scares me. Not enough to have a phobia but still.
Watched a History Channel thing on who the real Dracula of Transylvania was, now THAT guy was someone to be feared. I'd rather him bite my neck than impale me living for 2 days! (Thats what he did... to his own men and women and children to scare the enemy)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Watched a History Channel thing on who the real Dracula of Transylvania was, now THAT guy was someone to be feared. I'd rather him bite my neck than impale me living for 2 days! (Thats what he did... to his own men and women and children to scare the enemy)
Yes i know of Vlad Dracul the III. He was one scary man. He nailed Turbans of Muslims becuase they wouldn't convert.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I'd say the Ocean. As in when you'd be out on a cruise, where you can't see land. It's a prodigious pit of dark, murky water, and you haven't a clue what could be in there. Whenever I see open waters, all I can picture is a massive creature lurking below the surface, ready to pull me down to the depths. It's interesting to think about, really - When you picture huge mythical beasts on land, it's just... there. But when you imagine something out of your sight, down in the Ocean, it seems so elusive and mystical.

Free form paragraphs ftw.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
swimming in open water. like the kind where you cant see the bottom and their is like three hundred feet of water below you. that is creepy.
Imagine if you could see the bottom, like a 300 foot deep lake had perfectly clear water..

Would be awe inspiring, yet really scary.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I have a fear of getting hit in the head by anything. Especially if the object is falling and hitting me on the head.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Elevators, Spiders, And Sitting in a resturaunt with people behind me ... or anywhere with people behind me .. cause you never know what they could do

~rh

Smash Lord
swimming in open water. like the kind where you cant see the bottom and their is like three hundred feet of water below you. that is creepy.
Yes. And also, falling large distances is one of my worst fears... even though it is very contradictory for me to say that as I want to skydive in the next couple of years.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm kinda scared that I'll go insane. People are always telling me that I'm gonna snap one day and go on a killing spree.
The more you fear it, the more prone to doing so you will become.

For most of my life, I have always feared vampires, as I was introduced to old Hammer Films' Dracula movies when I was very, very young. However, my fear lies not in the traditional sense, but rather in what the vampire represents - a being who drains the life from another to better themselves. A vampire is not necessarily a blood-sucking fiend, rather any individual who bullies, harms, harasses, tortures, or inflicts any type of detrimental effect on another to better themselves. I've known many a person who commit such acts, and labeling them as vampires, I find, to be highly appropriate.

I do not fear vampires at this point. I pity the scum.

Top Bottom