• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Character Suggestions you have seen

Kirye

Smash Ace
Eba and Ouendan for Brawl
=]
The only reason you're hating on them is because Hidden disagrees with Metapod being in. >.>

Metapod is a green chrysallis, completely generic in the Pokemon series, is from 1st generation which is ALREADY well repped with 3 Pokemon (Granted Mewtwo and Jiggs makes it back.), and it's immobile. Why don't we make the sandbag playable while we're at it?

Also, EBA and Ouendan have a higher chance of making it in than most other characters. They're popular both here and in Japan as EBA here and Ouendan over there.

Also, Blaziken sucks, just adding my 2 cents to the thread.

Kirye

Smash Ace
oh yeah i forgot to mention sonic. whoever suggested that should be... i dont know, i can't think of a punishment bad enough.
You mean like Sakurai? =O And Itowa? (Was that the spelling? XD)

Oh, and the fact that over 80% of the Smash bros players want him in.

So HAH. *Hyper..*

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't think Sonic would qualify as a bad suggestion seeing as he has so much of the community behind him. I mean an attack set would be hard to come by, but I would definitely love Sonic.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wind Waker Link doesn't HAVE to appear cell-shaded. Marth isn't 7 pixels tall, either, is he? And even if he *is* cell-shaded, that doesn't mean he won't fit in. The SSBM cast has a few different styles, too, Ness for example.

And in defense of Final Fantasy, I have to say FF6. Beautiful characters there, the game was for the SNES and many still find it the best game in the series.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
I like the oprah winfrey one. anyway any minor character is stupid. and I really don't think solid snake belongs in here either. he is the ONLY 3rd party character i've seen in brawl.

Kirye

Smash Ace
unfortunately, this is incorrect. not every smash player has voted on this, and that makes it impossible to state such a thing and call it a fact.

My bottom 5 for brawl
1.sonic
2.sonic
3.sonic
4.geno
5.sonic
Really? Even though you're the only one in this thread so far really hating on Sonic. May I ask why? It's because you dislike the character right? It has nothing to do with the fact that his chances are low, cause they're not. Nothing to do with him being unpopular when he's almost as popular as Mario himself. Nothing to do with not being on Sakurais poll, or not even recognized by Sakurai when he obviously was.

It's just your personal opinion, don't correct me. =p

Dragoro Katana

Smash Rookie
Top 5 characters you don't want in brawl huh, id have to say
-Crash bandacoot
-crash bandacoot
-crash bandacoot
-crash bandacoot
and crash bandacoot

pirkid

Smash Lord
unfortunately, this is incorrect. not every smash player has voted on this, and that makes it impossible to state such a thing and call it a fact.

My bottom 5 for brawl
1.sonic
2.sonic
3.sonic
4.geno
5.sonic
Maybe not every smash player, but tha ones who matteer enough to make your quote a stupid one.

89%? Ring any bells?

And any moreposts asking for Metapod should be illgal. That's how bad that idea is.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Nothing to do with him being unpopular when he's almost as popular as Mario himself.
Best selling franchises ever:

1 Mario (193 million)
2 Pokémon (155 million)
3 Sim (85 million)
4 Final Fantasy (68 million)
5 Madden NFL (51 million, plus 5 million for Madden NFL 07, approximately 56 million)
6 Grand Theft Auto (50 million)
7 The Legend of Zelda (47 million, plus 2.73 million for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess alone, approximately 49.73 million)
8 Donkey Kong (48 million)
9 Sonic the Hedgehog (44 million)

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Krystal, urgh. I don't understand what anyone sees in her, at all. Granted, I've only seen her in Star Fox Adventures, and her role in that was pretty minor. Near as I can tell, she's a purple, chick version of Fox with about zero personality, which to me, is all that matters. It doesn't matter to me if she has a staff or some crazy magic powers or who knows what, she just isn't an interesting character, and thus, I have no interest in playing her.

Dixie and Diddy Kong, or Minun and Plusle (or whatever their names are), no no and no. I think the Ice Climbers were a great new addition to Melee, but I don't know what these new duos would bring to the table.

King K. Rool, Andross, give me a break. Paper Mario? Cel-Shaded Young Link? Do people really have the burning desire to play as these characters above all else? I don't believe in tossing them in just because they're villains. That's ridiculous.

I could go on, but that's it for now. XD

EDIT: "MULAN 4 BRAWLl1111!!!1" was one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time, though. I think Mulan would be a breath of fresh air for the Smash Bros franchise.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
There's a better chance of the apparently critically acclaimed Metapod being in the game than any FF characters...

Fawriel

Smash Master
What I find funny is that everybody immediately thinks of Cloud and Sephiroth when they hear Final Fantasy.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Where to start....

Crash Bandicoot
Krystal
Midna
WW Link
Metroid [yes, the floating thingys]
Just about every single Pokemon
Gex
Toad
Daist
Mortal Kombat Characters
King K. Rool
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

And the dumbest suggestions since forever.

Miis and Earthworm Jim

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Apparently Metapod has some sort of cult following. I still maintain that Mii's are the stupidest I've ever heard.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd rather have Cloud or Sephiroth [sp?] over Miis/earthworm Jim/tom nook/Metapod/Midna. That group doesn't appeal to me at all.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I already made a thread exactly like this one so let this one die and post on mine cuz mine came first
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100772
And no one listen to this noob because he's just mad that his thread died. And it doesn't matter who made this kind of thread first. :mad:

Hold on a sec...I'm looking at your thread and it's nothing like this one. It is "Bottom 5 Picks For Brawl". Mine is "Worst Character Suggestions You Have Seen". Get your facts straight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Where to start....

Crash Bandicoot
Krystal
Midna
WW Link
Metroid [yes, the floating thingys]
Just about every single Pokemon
Gex
Toad
Daist
Mortal Kombat Characters
King K. Rool
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

And the dumbest suggestions since forever.

Miis and Earthworm Jim
Man Crash isn't a good idea, Midna (wolf link w/t midna) is a awsome idea, wtf? WW link is a bad idea all I can say is I bet it the graphics, and this is my response: is it me or is kirby cel-shaded? Or lack of originality excuse?

Metroid=wtf? that dumb, gex isn't dumb, but no chance.

Toad isn't dumb (is diast daisy, cause daisy will blow u out of the water!)

MK agree, K Rool well, it depends. Diddy and Dixie (unless u mean as a duo). If you mean Diddy and Dixie then me=disagree to the fullest, but I think you meant as a team, which would suck!

Now were to begin ah yes from least dumb to dumbest! You'll love the last one=some random fool I know who is a idiot and actually believes this character is in!

-Most Pokemon (probably around 12 exceptions)
-Any 3rd Party Character that has never appeared on a Nintendo console
-Manga characters (*cough* Naruto isn't in it, period end of discussion)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Kafie (did I spell that right?) from MM
-Any FF character that only appears in FF 7 on up (1-6 still have shot, only exceptions are Cloud, Leon, Aerith, Cid, and Yuffie appeared on a GBA KH game who barely have a chance)
-Anyone who most people don't know
-Any character you just made up right now
-Most Japan only characters
-Characters that don't exist
-Pong
-Silver the Hedgehog
-Characters that appear in a game for only like 5 seconds
-a real life actor
-Anything Stupid I didn't cover or forgot

Apparently Metapod has some sort of cult following. I still maintain that Mii's are the stupidest I've ever heard.
Prepare for the stupidest ideas ever (I didn't maek these up, I heard some n00b I know talk about them! Mii's IMO isn't stupid, but you'll think they were genius

and last but not least the least likely and stupid character idea that would never appear in a SSB (or Nintendo game) ever.

The winner in my book of least likely character ever to appear in SSB ever is.....Master Cheif!? WTF? who thinks he would be in SSBB, he's a 4th Party character=exactly what I said (as I fell to the ground laughing). Man seeing how he was convinced he was in SSBB=funny!

Seriously some n00b I know told me Master Cheif was going to be in SSBB, njk! It was hilarious, seeming he was so convinced. The best part was it wasn't on April 1st, lol! HAHA that was funny, I think nooone can top that person's stupidity (hopefully)! His IQ<0 IQ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
This thread is for posting the worst characters you have seen that have been nominated for Brawl. I've seen:

Frog Mario, Fluud Mario, you get the idea
Tom Nook, I have no idea why people want him in:dizzy:
Vaccum Luigi, WTF:confused:
Diddy and Dixie as duo
Olimar and Louie/President as duo

Thats all I can think of.

Also, I am sorry if this thread was done many times before. I didn't see any and I thought that this was a good idea. So if you flame me about it I have already apologized to you. :)
A diddy and dixie duo wouldn't be that bad, they would be like the ice climbers!!! jeje :laugh: but the worst characters would have to be bulbasaur, beedriill, and dragonite. There was threads on this brawl discussion suggesting those characters.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken is a terrible idea.

Krystal is a terrible idea.

Could is a terrible idea.

Sephiroth is a terrible idea.

Sora is a terrible idea.

Megaman is a terrible idea.

Dixie Kong is a terrible idea.

Zero Suit Samus is a terrible idea.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's another thread like this, not the one he showed, another one a few months older but this is better imo so I won't bump the old one.

I'd rather see Master Chief in Brawl than Miis though.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
There's another thread like this, not the one he showed, another one a few months older but this is better imo so I won't bump the old one.

lol thanks:)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Lol, Master Cheif actually could be a good character, but MC+SSB=never! Miis I dunno, I'd have to see how they play before hand. If they work, they work, but if they are in then well the whole customizing thing could change it and they could be severely overpowered.

I think it would be cool if they had a stage with Mii's in the background (specifically your Mii's), but otherwise they would just be a waste of a slot. I have come to realize that the Mii's would probably be overpowered or underpowered characters.

As much as I like the idea and customization ablities they have, a overpowered character would destroy the game, and everyone would play as them. This could seriously mess up the game from the best game ever status it could earn, to a horrid tier imbalanced game.

If done wrong (extremely high chance of it turning out wrong) it could be like combining Ganondorf's power, Fox and Falco's aerial, Capt. Falcon's speed, Luigi's wavedashing, and Roy and Marth's attack speed=invinsible.

They could be next to invicible, plus this is just begging for hackers and cheaters, and the Mii's would be banned from every tourney out of fear of hacks, cheating, and mods. So in the end 99.999% of the time they either ruin the game by being overpowered, or are a wasted of a character slot.

If Sakurai finds that perfect 0.001% shot however and gets it right, it could add a level to fighting, but the time, money, and designing it could take several character slots and would all in all not be worth it, even if that 0.001% chance was found.

Overall I think they would just be a waste of time, and take up several character spaces other characters could and do deserve, even if they are perfected.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
ridley (He's too huge and slow)
sonic ( I really don't see the point why he should be in there in the first place. he'd have a puff rullout kind of attack that would have weak proity anyway >.>)
master chief

and so many others that would just be completely out of place in smash.

Top Bottom