• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worse match ups?

Pi

Smash Hero
I been playing online a lot recently, I'm decent, and I've had trouble w/ the following characters:

Toon link:

Eliminates your projectiles, uair is better than your dair, downsmash is better than you, forward smash hits you off the ledge.

Utilt can get his recovery though, and his recovery isn't so great either so gimp him and I guess he's okay, maybe this is just a personal thing.

Snake:

Idk if it's his neutral air or his forward air, but w/e that multi kick **** thing is it's really bad. You can't break it, you're gonna get hit. You can't approach from above, his utilt is massive, he can duck under your uncharged shots & Zairs which lead into a lot of my combos, and if he's not a moron you can't gimp his recovery. And of course everything else that makes him good, his jab is better than yours, his ftilt is better than yours, he's heavy, and if all else fails he can play the part of terrorist and carry a nade around w/ him.

Metaknight:

This might be an online thing, but I have difficulty hitting him w/ my zair, he is very fast and my timing is off online but I think I can do fine offline, not much practice there though.

Aside from that, your uair and dair are pretty much eliminated here, if he is any kind of player. His dair and usmash come out fast as hell and have big *** range and priority. Every time I try to approach from above w/ a dair I can't, every time I try to approach from below w/ a uair I cant. Despite that, GL gimping his recovery, you're more likely to get hit than he is with that **** shuttle loop, but then again it always follows the same path so GL with that, I've gotten off a spike or two mid loop. On the same topic, you're not going to be gimping his recov any time soon any way.

Also, is there any way to avoid that **** neutral B? can I clank it or over prioritize it at all? Head to head, not from above.

Oh also game&watch gives me some trouble:

That ****ing turtle of course, F-smash lasts way longer than it should, and if he manages to get a full bucket even w/ uncharged shots it's pretty **** strong. I pretty much hate all characters w/ down smashes that come out fast and hit on both sides simultaneously since samus doesn't have one. His fair and bair both break through my missles/charged shots, the fair doesn't hit me after though but it's still annoying that it doesn't interupt him, and his bair still does the job even after getting hit.his recovery is very versatile so it's hard to predict where he's going to be to set up for a spike as well.

Oh and SQUIRTLE! **** squirtle is a *****:

Fast, small, most of your moves go right the **** over him, and his DI with bairs and fairs is amazing, coupled with the small landing lag makes them almost unpunishable. I don't recall ever spiking him out of his wave thing either, dunno why.His shell thing is also **** annoying, eats right through your projectiles, slows down a bit, but still hard to punish for me, maybe it's only online.He's quick too, in his rolls, so he can get away from your moves which have quite a bit of delay on them and then punish you for it.

Sonic, I hesitate because I think it's only online:
Anyone else have trouble w/ him online? He's so **** fast it's hard to keep pace w/ the button delay. His Up-B though is pretty easy to predict, but it's also really good. His rolling moves don't seem to have much priority but they are fairly fast, I think I could do okay w/ them offline, though.

Wario too!:
Ima also chalk this one up to button delay, I get hit a lot with that bike when I shouldn't, easy to zair him out of it, but any low gliding uncharged shots or homing missiles get eaten right up. His F-smash gets me a ****ing lot too, **** comes out fast, but it does have delay to be punished. But when you mix that w/ his dair, you gotta shield for a while before you can do anything.

Falco is pretty annoying too:
Lasers go right through uncharged shots and missiles so either way you're getting hit, and he can usually shield/shine them back at you. He's fast, and has that chaingrab and that dash->upsmash to rack up damage. I like what xyro does by grabbing through the side B, but you really gotta know your opponent for that. I think the most effective thing against him is gimping his recovery and edgehogging him after you've screwed his timing w/ missiles. He's hard to approach, and when you do it's no guarantee that you're getting anything but punished.His Usmash is large and in charge, and hits everywhere around him, his shine is fast as hell and gets you the **** away from him in a hurry, and if you happen to be popping off a projectile you get hit with that too.

That's all I can think of...

W/ these being the worse (for me) I never seem to have an easy match either. I generally think that slow characters will get *****, but it never seems to pan out since she is pretty light and big and slow, so they get a few hits and equal all the damage I've worked for w/ my careful approaches and well spaces f-tilts, then end up killing me sooner any way.

So I guess I made this thread to find out what you think samus worse match ups are, and if you find any easy ones. Also if you could share any tips for the worse match ups that'd be helpful too...

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
*sigh*
Samus's worst matchups are Meta Knight, Falco, and Mr. Game and Watch. She is at an advantage against Sonic. Online play is not an adequate gauge of skill.

Onxy

Smash Lord
*sigh*
Samus's worst matchups are Meta Knight, Falco, and Mr. Game and Watch. She is at an advantage against Sonic. Online play is not an adequate gauge of skill.
That's a big weakness for a number of the cast :bee:

paul1290

Smash Rookie
I don't think Snake is that bad of a matchup for Samus. Samus may have a hard time fighting Snake, but a lot of other characters have an even worse time fighting him.

I do agree that Metaknight is difficult though since he's pretty much everything Samus hates rolled up into one character.

Sonic isn't too difficult for Samus since you can outprioritize him a lot and he's rather light. You kind of have to switch to a more defensive playing style to defeat him but once you get your timing right he won't be too much of a problem.

Nocturnal~Dragon

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure Snake is more of an even match up then disadvantageous match up for Samus. Her worst matchups are easly Metaknight, Olimar, and pretty much any small character

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Actually most of those characters are not a problem. Squirtle, G&W, and Falco are easy. The only one's on that list that are a problem are MK and Wario (aerial game is awesome). TL is really good, but I would say that match is even because TL falls to really good sheild pressure (his shield is garbage). His hylian shield only helps to an extent. Snake is also about even.

All in all, her true worst match ups are MK and Olimar. Thats really it.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
For wario just upB when he does his dair or use utilt for anything else.. it outranges

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah with Falco all you have to do is take him to the edge. Dont do anything but taunt him on the edge and make him come after you. As soon as he is under the stage, its a stock. He cant do anything with his up B against your dair. Even though you will trade hits, he will still get spiked and you can catch the edge and get invince. frames and edgehog him. Its a stock everytime. Its a wierd strategy, but Samus is adaptable.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Mr. Game & Watch gives me the hardest time. His recovery is way too good. Here's how good it is. I tried out Mr. Game & Watch, used my d-air and fell off the stage. However, I used Up+B and he flew all the way up to the lip of Final Destination. I thought, "This guy doesn't deserve this much." Thanks to the genius who came up with the great idea of buffing weaklings. You really helped us a lot. Brawl, balanced? Ha!

Any tips, Gum, since G&W doesn't seem to pose a problem for you?

Jalaga

Smash Rookie
Ya, squirtle gives me a terrible time too. When he's close make sure you utilize the angled down f-tilt. It's quicker to match squirtles pace and he cant duck under it.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
One name: Pit.
with his ****ing forward B(which is actally an attack!), he also reflects projectiles, and they come much faster back!
once I got owned by my own charge beam...

I also hate ROB because I don't know how to fight it...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Falco is really... annoying....... but not as unreasonable as metaknight.

You have to have a ton of experience vs the filthy *****, snake can be pretty nasty too, as it takes for **** ever to kill him.

Top Bottom