• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah Food and Liquor II has it's couple of throwaway tracks but that album isn't trash, he still got those verses. I suggest giving it another listen; I liked the first half of the album and the message he's trying to get across, I think around tracks 11 or 12 is where it starts to slow down but picks back up, he murders Form Follows Function especially. I'd give the album probably like a 7.5 at best or somewhere around that range. I like his reasoning for the whole album cover being black.

Also listening to Good Kid maad city now fresh off the leak even though I'm copping it when it comes out.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Yeah Food and Liquor II has it's couple of throwaway tracks but that album isn't trash, he still got those verses. I suggest giving it another listen; I liked the first half of the album and the message he's trying to get across, I think around tracks 11 or 12 is where it starts to slow down but picks back up, he murders Form Follows Function especially. I'd give the album probably like a 7.5 at best or somewhere around that range. I like his reasoning for the whole album cover being black.
I give it a six on its best day. Heart Donor is so ****ing garbage, son. Form Follows Function was okay. Cold war had good lyrics but the chorus is ***. There's just too big of a difference between the first eight tracks and the last eight to give this album anything passable. This reminds me of Encore how the first few tracks has me feeling like it's gonna be great and then I get completely Rick Roll'd.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^^

Yea dude came out the other day and told some magazine that they already shot like 20 more chapters.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I give it a six on its best day. Heart Donor is so ****ing garbage, son. Form Follows Function was okay. Cold war had good lyrics but the chorus is ***. There's just too big of a difference between the first eight tracks and the last eight to give this album anything passable. This reminds me of Encore how the first few tracks has me feeling like it's gonna be great and then I get completely Rick Roll'd.
Heart Donor seemed like it was supposed to be Hurt Me Soul's predecessor... oh dear God how that failed if that was the case.. lol

And yeah I don't blame you for not giving this album a passable rate, it's mad inconsistent. The first few tracks made me think that this album was going to be great and it did have it's slip ups. Problem is when it did, it slipped up ****ing hard.. I see what you mean on the hooks, a lot of them are just plain ***. And I don't know why Lupe continues working with that ***** Poo Bear... but ay.. his choice.

GKMC ****s on F&L2.

Kendrick Lamar working on the West Coast crown.
Good Kid, M.a.a.d City; album of the year in my book.

Jane

Smash Hero
[i'm assuming] kendrick lamar cancelled his show here, which was supposed to be on monday, the day that coincides with his album release.

on the one hand, i sort of understand. he probably wants to do something special on that day that doesnt involve being on the road.

on the other hand, what a **** :( now i have to wait until november, possibly december to see him. i am sad.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Better than Life is Good? or God Forgives, I Don't? (Yes, I actually like that album.)
Sure as hell better than God Forgives I Don't lol, and yeah I only like half the tracks off that album, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

And I think it just might be better than Life is Good, I don't wanna be too quick to judge but this album is a problem.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Better than Life is Good? or God Forgives, I Don't? (Yes, I actually like that album.)
It's better than Life is Good, imo.

That album is way ahead of its time. It's a full-feature film featuring K-Dot & the Kooky Compton Compadres. **** is way too deep.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I been jamming that Channel Purple.

Slim K crashed that Chop and Screw. I'm not even a big fan of Chop and Screw but I recommend this for anybody who likes Frank Ocean.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Cruel Summer has really grown on me. I think I like it about as much as Watch the Throne now.

also hopping on the Good Kid bandwagon. Definite highlight of the year in hip hop so far.

i know i'll get laughed at but Lil B's Basedprint Vol. 2 mixtape is my no.3 album of the year

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah the last half is definitely way weaker. it also is kinda sucky because all the greatest songs have been released for weeks/months before the album came out. I really wasn't expecting **** like Mercy to be on here considering its been all over the radio for months on its own

soap

Smash Hero
The track "m.a.a.d city" is pretty f'in nuts

***** don't kill my vibe Is my fav standalone track

I also have basedprint 2 on my ipod, haven't listened to it straight thru but I've heard half a dozen on shuffle. They were all very interesting

:phone:

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
GKMC rivals Life is Good and Channel Orange for me but I still think they both beat it out pretty safely. Both were on a whole different level for me.

Top Bottom