• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
We the 85 Bears,
92 Bulls,
05 Socks, With A Whole Lot Of Pull,
All rolled up n theres no lettin up,
If your smart you'd wanna be the 07 us

We On is my jam

Linguini

Smash Master
All the beats I post up on sc are free for basically anyone to rhyme over, you guys have my full endorsement.....I might have to write a verse myself tho haha

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
new FlyLo is beautiful. Probably in my top 5 already.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/23/161299030/first-listen-flying-lotus-until-the-quiet-comes

new Death Grips is crazy, spacey and really angry. They put it out last night without their label's consent and so the label shut their site down. its still really easy to get the album because DG keeps spamming links to it on facebook hahaha.

warning: most of you will hate it

warning 2: the album cover is a picture of an erect penis with the album title written on it

http://bayfiles.com/file/mGZP/OzFwSA/DeathGrips-NOLOVEDEEPWEB.zip

soap

Smash Hero
New FlyLo is that good ****.

I like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QLCi5dBNc0
I feel like the rest of TDE is leaving Jay Rock behind them on the creative tip. I actually really like his music but I don't feel he is pushing new boundaries with his sound like the rest of his crew. He just consistently murders beats.

That's kinda good for the crew in a way. Keeps em' grounded. I'm sure he'll figure out something with all those talented guys around him.

soap

Smash Hero
My thoughts on F&L 2...

Ok, I think Ayesha went harder on that intro than Lupe did the whole album.

Maan, this album was plagued with alot of the same terribble hooks, corny overproduced beats that all sound the same, and alotta real stale flows and lackluster lyricism

I'd be zoning out at times just bored as hell until he drops that one line about putting your penis next to mine

What are you trying to say on this album Lupe?

I popped in the original Food and Liqour to remember why I liked Lupe at all. Crazy diversity of beats, flows, and lyrical content, as well as a very heartwarming feel to the whole joint. He Say She Say.. then like ten minutes of shout-outs.

"Please refer to album insert for shout outs."

That **** was the nail in the coffin for me. **** this album yo.

I did stumble on his verse while listening to that Robert Glasper Experiment joint. I know he still has something left in him, he may need other artists to pull it out of him at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOj_90wYK8Y

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Damnnnn. it's like that, though? lol. Yeah, this album is pretty sh**y. And to add on, Lupe was kind of a D*ck when I got my album signed. He showed up an hour and a half late, didn't allow pictures(understandable) and barely spoke.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts on F&L 2...

Ok, I think Ayesha went harder on that intro than Lupe did the whole album.

Maan, this album was plagued with alot of the same terribble hooks, corny overproduced beats that all sound the same, and alotta real stale flows and lackluster lyricism

I'd be zoning out at times just bored as hell until he drops that one line about putting your penis next to mine

What are you trying to say on this album Lupe?

I popped in the original Food and Liqour to remember why I liked Lupe at all. Crazy diversity of beats, flows, and lyrical content, as well as a very heartwarming feel to the whole joint. He Say She Say.. then like ten minutes of shout-outs.

"Please refer to album insert for shout outs."

I thought the lyricism was dope. I will agree that many of the beats seemed recycled and I didn't care for too many of the hooks. but how could you dislike the verses from Strange Fruition, Around My Way, Put Em Up, Form Follows Function, or Unforgivable Youth? Those tracks were dope af. Unforgivable Youth sent chills down my spine.

I typed a whole bunch of **** and it all got deleted. I'm mad now. I don't know if it's my computer or my website but it's hard to type on here. **** this. I'll probably post more later.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I listened to the album once and didn't finish. I liked it in the beginning but towards the end it just fell off to me, should listen to it again sometime this year if I get to it/feel like it. Good Kid, m.a.a.d city in 9 days though. :o

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
He was asking for the "Put your penis next to mine" line so I was just linking him and telling him to go to the 3rd verse.

Top Bottom