• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
i was listening to SPG today a lot actually... dude is really talented. love his flow and his beats definitely do have that eerie feel to them.

have any of yall listen to murs and terrace martin's tape "melrose"? its dope. check out this song and if you like it you should def peep it. the music vidya is quite entertaining too.

murs & terrace martin - we on melrose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZSf3P09G3Y
lightweight fan of both both murs and terrace, but the majority of this track was corny as ****

the real question is
Persian big tittties or tattoo chick?

I gotta go with tattoo chick cuz all persian girls look the same

Jane

Smash Hero
lightweight fan of both both murs and terrace, but the majority of this track was corny as ****

the real question is
Persian big tittties or tattoo chick?

I gotta go with tattoo chick cuz all persian girls look the same
haha, just the vibe they have going on on this mixtape is different from the usual. basically concentrating on women and love but not in that drake kind of way.

the beginning of terrace's verse i really like because its so.... loose but still riding the beat like a wave.

i'm at lala's, eatin on a chicken salad
look at all the pretty girls walk by
first i say hi, then they say hi
then i get the number cuz i'm oh so fly

lately i've been more and more aware of how staying on one topic is something that takes extra concentration and skill when writing/spitting.

edit-

also, i really really like this beat.

odd future - pimp slap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suzMmdjXVaY

Jane

Smash Hero
forgot to answer that, persian chick forsure. BUT, i did some YT commet lurking and found out she actually isnt even persian, shes a mixture of a bunch of ****, but goddamn is she pretty.

name is stephanie arakel :yeahboi:

also, NEW YE!!!

Kanye West - Mercy ft. Big Sean, Pusha T, & 2 Chainz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRA_AQ-Azo4

edit-

lol, check out mos

rhan

Smash Hero
Man he's already readyfor Easter..

Who let him walk out the house like that? C' mon now...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Rapper from DC. The only reason I know who he is is because I'm from DC. He's rather unknown.

He eat ass tho. lolol

He's only good when he makes real songs. Not trap songs. I posted a link of my fav song from him a couple pages ago.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing is that I first heard about Rah Digga when she appeared in the movie 13 ghosts ha, she ight tho. One of the few female emcees I can listen to (others being Jean Grae and lady luck off track.)

edit; top youtube comment on there "This generations hip hop is so ***** that a 90's female MC can ether one of todays biggest male stars like its nothing" so much truth hahaha

soap

Smash Hero
Lasers grew on me too actually

Well, the beginning and the end. There is a large chunk in the middle that I hate.

I kinda made an abbreviated Lasers playlist, and threw in I'm beaming

F&L 2 tho,the return of Lu

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lasers had too many great songs on it for me to call it a disappointment. If that's Lupe's lowest point to date, he's doing better than a lot of vets.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I went and saw Lupe in concert and most of the songs he did were from Lasers....cool little Rock concert.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Lasers had too many great songs on it for me to call it a disappointment. If that's Lupe's lowest point to date, he's doing better than a lot of vets.
If Lasers had too many great songs to you, then what do you think of his songs on his first two albums?

soap

Smash Hero

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Speaking of twitter, did you guys hear about the Havoc and Prodigy beef on twitter? Havoc was calling Prodigy gay and people were believing it. Mainly because the account was verified even though it wasn't really Havoc. It got deleted but it was mad funny.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If Lasers had too many great songs to you, then what do you think of his songs on his first two albums?
His first two were practically classic albums tho, lol. The only song between those two that I skip is Hi-Definition cuz Snoop features are trash.

I can also appreciate the fact that he was trying something new. With two really great albums under his belt, it would've been easy to just stagnate and release more of the same.

soap

Smash Hero

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgPr8vhmOwU

The Whole Chronic Album.

Amerikkaz Most Wanted with Pac.

NY, NY with tha Dogg Pound.

The list goes on and on.

Also Lupe wasn't trying something new lol, his record label forced him to go a more commercial route with his album to get radio play. He even once called Lasers garbage or something.
*Current Snoop features are trash. Didn't think I'd need to clarify that. Snoop back in his era was untouchable. Doggystyle was classic.

Now, he's meh. Especially his features.

What? Friend of the People had the exact same sound as Lasers, lol. Where was the Atlantic pressure then?

soap

Smash Hero
That DEvin and Mac tape was chill as fuh

I'm just impressed that snoop is still putting out decent music. Dude is a legend he doesn't need to prove anything.

Top Bottom