• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Royce came nowhere near killing it. He just has impeccable flow.
Oh shit, I didn't mean Loud Noises I was thinking of Crooked I on that one my fault XD derp. I still stand by Fast lane and Above the Law though.

And MM 1-3 were so great lol. Even though there a pretty few tracks on 1 I didn't care for. 2 and 3, classiccsss.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Odd Future is definitely overrated.
Not really.

Tyler and Earl are. That's not OF, that's Tyler and Earl.

Tylees just not as good as people say he is. Yeah sometimes he's hella lyrical on some songs but that's only SOMETIMES. Almost never.

Earl is overrated because people ride his **** as the best rapper in the world or some ****, but Earl only has like 15 songs out so how the **** could that be true? Plus, Earl never talks about ****, the only song he has SORTA was on Luper.

Now MellowHype on the other hand is completely different. I think they're underrated as ****. BlackenedWhite is probably the best OF album imo (the original one) and Hodgy is mad versatile. He has hype songs and emotional songs and he's lyrical on most of them. And LeftBrain is a beast.

And if you think Mike G, Domo, Syd, Jack Mushroom, Super 3, and and formally Casey V are overrated idk what you're smoking.

:phone:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Not really.

Tyler and Earl are. That's not OF, that's Tyler and Earl.

Tylees just not as good as people say he is. Yeah sometimes he's hella lyrical on some songs but that's only SOMETIMES. Almost never.

Earl is overrated because people ride his **** as the best rapper in the world or some ****, but Earl only has like 15 songs out so how the **** could that be true? Plus, Earl never talks about ****, the only song he has SORTA was on Luper.

Now MellowHype on the other hand is completely different. I think they're underrated as ****. BlackenedWhite is probably the best OF album imo (the original one) and Hodgy is mad versatile. He has hype songs and emotional songs and he's lyrical on most of them. And LeftBrain is a beast.

And if you think Mike G, Domo, Syd, Jack Mushroom, Super 3, and and formally Casey V are overrated idk what you're smoking.

:phone:
I haven't heard all of these artists before. I'll probably take your advice, pipe down, and start jamming tunes.

Tomorrow. I'm mad tired.

Linguini

Smash Master
I agree with etwist, OF isn't really overrated at all, simply tyler and earl. Casey veggies is extremely dope as well as slept on, and his album sleeping in class is on constant rotation. Mellowhype is probably my favorite part of the collective and brandundeshay is nice as **** on the boards(tho he isn't OF anymore).

Mike G and Domo are tight as **** to listen to when i'm just chillin smoking a blunt and whatnot. OF has a alot of diversity tbh.

Jay elec isn't overrated, he has a crazy amount of talent, but he's beyond fail at putting out music on time, scratch that; putting out music AT ALL lol.

3 stacks isn't overrated seeing as all the outkast albums are extremely unique/amazing and he kills all his verses.

Sean P! is the most underrated methinks, that dude is funny as hell and he absolutely murders every single one of his verses.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
3 stacks isn't overrated seeing as all the outkast albums are extremely unique/amazing and he kills all his verses.
He's overrated as a solo artist. I see, too many times, people saying he's the greatest to ever do it. I swear he drops some wack ass guest verses and these internet niggas just eat that shit up. He's not overrated when rating Outkast as duo, but I swear people act like every album was 3 Stacks featuring some nigga named Big Boi.

Also, Tyler the Creator is garbage. I bought Goblin and tried to listen to it. That was the first cd I ever threw out my car.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Nobody really SHOULD be talking about his lyrical talent tho, lol. They have no credibility anyways if they're calling him overrated cuz he's not super lupe lyrical.

I dunno of artists that are really underrated but rather artists that need more shine. Hopsin and his crew, Joe Budden, elZHi, Big Boi, Crooked I, Asher Roth, Skyzoo...a few others I can't think of.

Overrated: Kanye, Busta, Eminem, Young Money in general (outside of maybe Nicki Minaj), Dre (anyone who thinks Detox is gonna be good is nuts), Fab, Game, Jada (slightly overrated, and only in some circles...), Raekwon, Snoop (NObody Is still checking for a Snoop feature nowadays), Lupe, Andre 3K (same deal as Jada), Royce Da 5'9 (Overrated by himself, lmao), Wiz, Tyler the Creator, and Lil'B.

Btw, anybody fans of the OLD oldschool ****? I'm talmbout Tribe called quest...Naughty by Nature...be honest...
Got damn. This nigga went in. You think of all those off the top of ya dome or you got a list concealed somewhere?

I listen to Naughty By Nature....But how is that OLD old school? I figure KRS-1, Rakim, Kool Mo Dee, Big Daddy Kane etc., would be considered old oldschool? These niggas must be ANCIENT in your eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp7eY1iX05A&feature=related

Does that nigga sound overrated to you?

Yes.
And AZ is pretty underrated... I haven't listened to anything besides Doe or Die and Aziatic though, I should listen to some of his other albums maybe... the ones that have been received well anyway.

Check out AWOL

Jane

Smash Hero
i was just listening to ice cube's "smoke some weed" instrumental and i see this comment:

@randomyoutuber pussy nigga like wayne smokes pussy and real niggaz like pac smokes weed

god bless america.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
He's overrated as a solo artist. I see, too many times, people saying he's the greatest to ever do it. I swear he drops some wack ass guest verses and these internet niggas just eat that shit up. He's not overrated when rating Outkast as duo, but I swear people act like every album was 3 Stacks featuring some nigga named Big Boi.

Also, Tyler the Creator is garbage. I bought Goblin and tried to listen to it. That was the first cd I ever threw out my car.
Damn that shit just made me laugh so hard.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZwbCoInWF4 one of my favorites ever lol.

I just wish Nas's voice wasn't weirdly pitched like but not that big of a deal, the original version which is that and the sample sped up is really just the best with his vocals. Can't stress it enough.

Also.. I doubt it but it flows so well and kinda had some references to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Br_Agk9hI

Was this real?

soap

Smash Hero
Damn that shit just made me laugh so hard.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZwbCoInWF4 one of my favorites ever lol.

I just wish Nas's voice wasn't weirdly pitched like but not that big of a deal, the original version which is that and the sample sped up is really just the best with his vocals. Can't stress it enough.
Sounds like the second half of "Live Now" where he pitches up his voice to do a female perspective

But I doubt that was purposely done for this one. Maybe to avoid copyrights, but if it's unreleased I don't think they'd have a problem anyway. Dope track tho, thanks for sharing. That second track not an official remix, but dope blend, I like it more than the original beat

this is the original track that Kanye produced for. It's that dude that played Biggie. He got nice flow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgl0mdW8s2U

soap

Smash Hero
I will reserve my Lupe judgement for after F&L2. I don't think he fell off really. Just put out a weird album.

Lasers was pretty decent actually. Skip over like 3-4 unlistenables. That MDMA dude just killed like half the album. Killed in a bad way.

also, got damn this page goes deep
http://www.last.fm/group/Nas+Discography+with+Unreleased+Material

I'll prolly be occasionally digging thru this unreleased stuff for a while

I've heard like half of it already in the past just randomly youtubing, but it's nice that somebody went to the trouble of structuring and grouping everything into time periods

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Got damn. This nigga went in. You think of all those off the top of ya dome or you got a list concealed somewhere?

I listen to Naughty By Nature....But how is that OLD old school? I figure KRS-1, Rakim, Kool Mo Dee, Big Daddy Kane etc., would be considered old oldschool? These niggas must be ANCIENT in your eyes.
I went thru my Zune for that one, lol. Most are pretty synonymous with the word "overrated" to me tho, so they came naturally.

They are pretty ancient, lmao. I ask cuz I never really heard too much of the older music. Well...aside from Rakim. Should I try and dig up full catalogs or just certain albums? Tryna find my roots, lol.

Imma be late for class tryna speak on Lupe now, Suspect. I'll have my thoughts out here later in the day tho.

Jane

Smash Hero
i liked the lyrics for the most part, however the flow was imitating drake's on that song too much without that drake appeal factor. i think the flow could have been better.

and speaking of drake, yoo, i heard this song before, but apparently never the "extended" version. wtf. drake kills this ****.

drake - congratulations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FbmLHqVao

and some newer hot fiyah for yall punk *****.

smoke dza ft. kendrick lamar & mara hruby - how far we go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXUfZVd1JVQ

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
new based BLACK FLAME MIXTAPE

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-Based-God-Black-Flame-mixtape.262988.html

after the first listen, it's no Red Flame or Angels Exodus, but it's not bad. there are a lot more gag no effort tracks on Black Flame but the good tracks are pretty hot and emotional.

my favorites:
Can I Live 4 Real
Black Flame
I Forgive You
Herd Her Cry

"I think that I'm Scarface- I never watched the movie"

Boofy!

Smash Champion
this song is amazing. i was gonna see this dude and lil jon at a rave but i had zero dollars to blow on it :<

rusko ft. amber coffman - hold on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcC2OQ4O3CU
rusko is nice.. the sub focus remix is one of the songs that got me into electronic music

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S35THmZD_E

I highly recommend going to a rusko show, the energy there is just omg

<3 NJ/NY club scene

soap

Smash Hero
Black Flame was one of the worst things I have ever heard in my life

I liked his album, and I've kinda warmed up to the cooking ****, but this ***** does not get a free pass for not even trying

And Cole is losing me too with this Mr. Nice Watch garbage, and Trey Songz features... sigh... I just hope Missy can save the album :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Black Flame was one of the worst things I have ever heard in my life

I liked his album, and I've kinda warmed up to the cooking ****, but this ***** does not get a free pass for not even trying

And Cole is losing me too with this Mr. Nice Watch garbage, and Trey Songz features... sigh... I just hope Missy can save the album :)
All the mixtapes sound like that. Not defending it necessarily, but most of these tracks are one take freestyles. It's pretty funny at times because you can hear him slip up or stumble over words or say something that makes absolutely no sense, and then just keep going. I know it's not "GOOD" freestyling, but hey, that's based. The mixtapes are just fun, but I don't really appreciate them like his album.

in one of the songs he's like "blu-uh flame....BLACK FLAME" hahaha

Top Bottom