• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Suspect

Smash Hero
I guess it could just be my biasness towards WC rappers

That track Lupe did with Snoop :urg: (lupes flow was on point tho of course)

soap

Smash Hero

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I guess I could only be hyped for that track cuz I've only cared to listen to The Documentary.

Heard his other albums were bad.

rhan

Smash Hero
I hump Wayne's nut.

Step off *****.

But yeahhhh lol I'm glad it's not that way either. Being a Wayne stan and all that. I hate all the diq riders from the Carter III/Rebirth era. Terrible.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
as young as you are, you've only heard The Documentary?

you're killing me smalls
GOAT poster, imo.

Game's albums aren't BAD per se...just incredibly generic and pale in comparison to his first effort...

Which also wasn't amazing. Like someone else said, the collaboration will probably be another hi-definition.

:phone:

rhan

Smash Hero
Of topic: But I ship out to basic training tomorrow. I need you guys to keep a up to date list of all the hot songs that come out starting now. I'll be back sometime in the middle of August.

I'm gonna miss this thread a lot. :(

Jane

Smash Hero
Dayumm good **** rhan! I hope your experiences in boot camp are positive ones.

We shall update you on all you have missed in the hip hop world when you get back. Good luck man!

Lit

Smash Ace
I like Big Sean's voice and delivery. He doesn't really wow me otherwise
Yup i feel the same way to. IMO I think the up and coming artists with the realest and knowledgeable lryicss have to be Elzhi, Kidz in the Hall, and Nipsey Hussle. Does anyone listen to Curren$y? Jet life all day......

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
NASTY NAS!!!!!

That's all I gotta say about that.

I hate Lil Wayne's new song Anne.

It's horrible, it's very unclear who he is talking to, is it Stan's girl? His sis? Mom? Who knows? Then all he is doing is going on talking about how he has made mistakes in the world. He doesn't elaborate on anything, and references Stan twice. The reason I don't like this song, is because it is supposed to be a Stan Part 2, when it is hardly anything like Stan. Where is the emotion? Where is the story?

Stan is a song about a crazed, maybe even homosexual, Eminem fan who writes and writes to Em and goes crazy because he doesn't get a reply. We learn things about Stan such as the tattoo, his pregnant woman, he has all of Em's underground stuff, and eventually kills himself and his family because Eminem never had the chance to write back. There is a story there.

In Anne, what's going on? I don't understand the story. Why keep referencing Stan if there will be no depth to this? Nice try at making a dedication song to his fans, but did he really have to get extra hype by labeling it as Part 2 to such a classic song such as Stan?

Not feeling it.

Fun Fact: I didn't know Wayne is ambidextrious.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
NASTY NAS!!!!!

That's all I gotta say about that.

I hate Lil Wayne's new song Anne.

It's horrible, it's very unclear who he is talking to, is it Stan's girl? His sis? Mom? Who knows? Then all he is doing is going on talking about how he has made mistakes in the world. He doesn't elaborate on anything, and references Stan twice. The reason I don't like this song, is because it is supposed to be a Stan Part 2, when it is hardly anything like Stan. Where is the emotion? Where is the story?

Stan is a song about a crazed, maybe even homosexual, Eminem fan who writes and writes to Em and goes crazy because he doesn't get a reply. We learn things about Stan such as the tattoo, his pregnant woman, he has all of Em's underground stuff, and eventually kills himself and his family because Eminem never had the chance to write back. There is a story there.

In Anne, what's going on? I don't understand the story. Why keep referencing Stan if there will be no depth to this? Nice try at making a dedication song to his fans, but did he really have to get extra hype by labeling it as Part 2 to such a classic song such as Stan?

Not feeling it.

Fun Fact: I didn't know Wayne is ambidextrious.
this is all truth. Anne pretty much sucks, and directly referencing a classic joint like Stan just makes Weezy's weaknesses way more apparent. I love the beat and the hook though.

Jane

Smash Hero
boof, i met you in my dream last night. lol. twas quite an eventful dream. there was a team of black and white power rangers (i think i was one of them, idk), and i was also talking about a dream i had two nights ago IN this dream. haha

anyways, some destiny's child

destiny's child - cater 2 u
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juqws1LIH-I

Top Bottom